NATION

PASSWORD

Gods of Farhiem [OOC][GODS][Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Tue May 31, 2016 7:04 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Jorliefstreiken wrote:
Thats a good idea, I was also thinking that there could be corrupted ones near the Fel Lands and the Harwood.

Corrupted ones?

Dark ones, those who have been turned against nature and the gods by the Fel Spawn in the Fel Lands.

Also Woodstove, ACCEPTED!
I KILLED MUFASA

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue May 31, 2016 7:05 pm

Species App

Species Name: Elberen, otherwise known as Dark Elves, Night Elves, the Dumner(Outcasts) or False-kin (by Alves), Wander-Brothers(By the Drosof), Runelanders or Star-Seekers by many a common man.
Average Apperance: Male and female, but their skin color varies the most common being dark purple or a marble grey. Brown eyes are almost nonexistent in Elberen genetics, though deep black eyes are considered rare and a sign of blessing. Colors ranging from white to orange, blues and greens, and merry grey eyes shimmer with joy and wisdom. As for hair color, every natural color is known, save for blondes of any sort.
Charecteristics: The adults stand around 6 feet, and are stockier in build than most elves, their average lifespan is roughly 250 years
Intelligence: "9/10, would blend the Grace of Elvenfolk with the crafting expertise of the Dwarves again..." Elberes IGN (In Goddess Network)
Population: Roughly 100 million, same population as humans or Drasof
Range: From the Fel Lands to Feylake, from Westhold to Starfall Bay, though they occupy the lands west of the Forgestone Mountains and along the coast of Starfall Bay (in Aryandai), as well as the island in which Star Pointe was built.
Creator: Elberes Mireva
History: (WARNING THIS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTRADICT YOUR HISTORY AND OR PREVIOUSLY ESTABLISHED LORE, BUT I AM GOING TO MAKE IT SO DAMN EPIC THAT YOU WILL NOT CARE(Also, long post is long))
"There was a time when the Drasof and the Alves lived in Elvenheim, which was even then a powerful kingdom around Oracle Lake. Then came a time when the Songstress known as Elberes came upon the Alves and Drosof celebrating under a clear starlit eve, just before the dawn. She marveled at these creatures, so graceful in movement and poetic in speech. It is said that the Songstress took the very air of the night and blanketed it around the strength and craftsmanship of a Dwarf. This is why the Elberen-folk have skin darker color than other Elf species, and why their eyes shine like starlight when viewed by a torch. Upon their creation, they at once joined the festivities in Oracle Lake. The Alves were horrified, for to them, a new breed of Orcs just popped out of thin air. The Elin on the other hand, struck up another tune and danced the night away with their newfound friends, and this would set an unfortunate precedent for ages to come...For this was the Feast of the Dawn, the Dawning of a new era in which the Elvenfolk would continue their legacy of being lights to the world. But jealousy and suspicion blighted that, and though it was the Dawn, the Dawn was dark and cast it's shadows...

"For this was during the Advent Age, the passing away of the Firstborn Gods and the beginning of the Gods we know today. The climatic conflicts of the Firstborn and their neglect of the creation brought to it foul creatures that dwelt in the realms of Elvenheim today. Elves had never ventured south of Oracle Lake, but that would change. I could sit here and drone the both of us to death over the lineages of the ancient Elven kings and their campaigns against the foul creaturs, but I intend to live a good deal longer, and I'm sure you do as well. I'll state the basics: the Elin and the Elberen were kindred spirits through and through, fierce warriors whose skill in combat, whose wisdom in tactics, whose sheer tenacity is unmatched by any warrior of this Age. They carved a new Empire, ranging from Runeheim in the west, to just short of the Witch Hill and the City-States of Vallinar. It was conquered by the blood of countless Elin and Elberen, overseen by and sworn fealty to the Alves, for they were the heirs of the Kalin South of the Fel Lands. When it came time to divide the realm, the Alves took the sacred north of Oracle Lake, the Drosof took the south in what is now known as Silwood and Moonwade, and the Elberen took the lands west of the Greenpeak Mountains to call their own. The lands known as Elvenheim would belong to all Elves...

"But the jealousy that the Alves felt at the Feast of the Dawn grew more and more with every victory that the Elberen won, and the greed for the wealth and power that their subjects possessed grew more. But there was something deeper than material wealth or petty envy, it was the feeling that they did not matter. They were second after the Kalon who abandoned their duties to the cold north, by all rights the destiny as light of the world and the ones who would drive the darkness away was theirs. And these practical half-Orcs had the gall to rob them of that, and encourage the irresponsible Elin to fraternize with the Mortal Races! Nothing good would ever come out of either of them, but they needed a way to discredit them as heirs of the Blessings of Elvendom...

"Thus was the thoughts that Caleras, who was learned in the ways of Sorcery and Witchcraft, who created a trap in which the Alves would expose the Elberen as the inferiors that they were... he summoned Variak and Aeldos, the Lords of the Elberen and the Elin respectively, upon their final victory in the Runelands to the Dome of the Stars to swear an oath that divides Elvenfolk to this day. For Cleras and his mages created a trap that would purge all those not of pure elvish blood, and would only be activated upon a pure vow being said. When brought before the sanctum of the Dome of the Stars, Caleras turned to the co-lords of Elvendom "Know that what I ask of ye is not to be considered lightly, now that victory is accomplished and the foul beings driven from the North and our lands, I beget to thee the inheritance of the Gods Who Came before". Aeldos and Variak were thrilled, for at long last the work of those who came before them will be fulfilled. Then Caleras, with careful wording asked Variak and his enterouge "Doth thou serve the Gods?" the Lord of the Elberen answered with a resounding "Aye and evermore, as my forefathers hath served ye, so shall myself and my kinsmen, and all those who come after me." "I asketh not if thou were loyal to me..." the serpent tongued king cut him off "But rather, doth thou serve the Gods of Light, Harmony, and Order, and shun the Dark and Chaos." "Verily, this is truth." "Then draw thy sword and swear with us, for if thou wert born of light, then light ye shall be in this world, as blood of my blood, kin of my kin, and heir of the inheritance." Variak lifted his sword high and proclaimed "As ye commandeth, may the Gods punish me if my bloodline was not born of light!" The trap was sprung and the spells were cast, Variak and his entourage were slain and burnt a cinder. Caleras spake to the stunned Aeldos "It is a sign of the Gods! Recall it that the Elberen came from the shadows, and so shall they return!" Now Variak's estate was nearby, and Caelras ordered it be burned to the ground with all inside, and those who fled were chased off the cliffs. This is why the shoreline next to the North Bridge is called the Mourning Cliffs, a sad parody of their former name, the Morning Cliffs.

"Afterwords came much war and bloodshed, though now resolved cast scars deep into the heart of the land and people of Elvenheim. The Alves proved victorious and confined the Elberen to the Runelands, and all who dwelt in Elvenheim were forced east to where they dwell today...the Alves pronounced them by one of their current names: Dunmir. It means "Ever Cursed Blood" in Elvish, or more aptly translated "Outcasts". They were set apart by elves who sought to be viewed apart by their kinsmen and subjects. Such is one of the many tragedies of history... but there is one thing that keeps Elin and Elberen hopes alive: it's a prophecy. A prophecy that one day the Elves may be united again in spirit, and that the ancient blood feuds would be pardoned among all. A prophecy that you yourself may hear in time...

"What of the Elin? What of the Elin?! You think they're dead and dashed among the Mourning Cliffs?! *Merry Laughter* Nay good lad, nay! 'Tis not so... Why, the barmaid herself laughs with me, she just welcomed you into her tavern! Don't act so surprised, after all, they danced together at the end of the Advent Age, when they heard their brothers were being exiled, they boldly went forward and proclaimed themselves "Drasof", or "Vagabond"...that is why Elberen and Drasof call each other "Wanderer-Brother" or "Wanderer-Sister"...some bonds are not built by blood, but by deep friendship, mutual understanding, and true love. Cherish those types of relationships if you have them, and don't go chasing after love, it'll chase after you..."

- Danteus Lorhalion, retired hero and NPC, in the Galloping Goat Tavern in Damas conversing with the Hero of the Age (Main Character)
Last edited by Danceria on Tue May 31, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Tue May 31, 2016 7:08 pm

Jorliefstreiken wrote:
Cresadine wrote:Corrupted ones?

Dark ones, those who have been turned against nature and the gods by the Fel Spawn in the Fel Lands.

So are they related to the Vali? Or are they corrupted Vali or...?
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

The Orzone
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orzone » Tue May 31, 2016 7:09 pm

Nation/Faction name: Kingdom of Mane
Race(s): Humans
Patron God(s): Wroth-Mar
Current Leader(s): King Balor Silvertounge
Brief History: WIP
Geographical area and key features: Consists of mainly plain, fertile grassy areas, the land is suitable for farming, but not much else. The land has Iron and Salt deposits, but other than that they lack forestry and mountains.
Map Claim: Hargun
Other details:
-The Kingdom relies quite heavily on trade to get natural resources like timber and metal.
- The King of Mane is the eldest child of the previous King or Queen
- Both male and female children have the same rights as their siblings, but none more so than the eldest
- The Kingdom exports fish and food stuff mostly
- It has a professional navy with ships being made to high standards since they believe and have to rely on Quality over Quantity
- Their army is rather small but professional, again relying on Quality
- Freedom of religion is tolerated, although most believe in Wroth-Mar more than others
- They are at peace, but have plans to expand and settle north to Harwood
Last edited by The Orzone on Tue May 31, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue May 31, 2016 7:12 pm

My last post I just went full Tolkein, holy nobs...
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Tue May 31, 2016 7:12 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Jorliefstreiken wrote:

So are they related to the Vali? Or are they corrupted Vali or...?

These would be Vali who have been turned against nature due to the evil magics leaking in the Fel Lands.
I KILLED MUFASA

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Tue May 31, 2016 7:12 pm

Ok guys, If you could hold the apps for a bit, I forgot to put tracking tabs on a lot of them
I KILLED MUFASA

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Tue May 31, 2016 7:13 pm

Jorliefstreiken wrote:
Cresadine wrote:So are they related to the Vali? Or are they corrupted Vali or...?

These would be Vali who have been turned against nature due to the evil magics leaking in the Fel Lands.

Oh I see, it could be the source of the "evil/dark" reputation of the Vali. I think one of the things I will start with is that the Vali are wandering more and more into forest areas where men regularly wonder. Idk.
Last edited by Cresadine on Tue May 31, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Tue May 31, 2016 7:17 pm

The Orzone wrote:Nation/Faction name: Kingdom of Mane
Geographical area and key features: Consists of mainly plain, fertile grassy areas, the land is suitable for farming, but not much else. The land has Iron and Salt deposits, but other than that they lack forestry and mountains.
Map Claim: Yawning Isles
Other details:
-The Kingdom relies quite heavily on trade to get natural resources like timber and metal.
- Both male and female children have the same rights as their siblings, but none more so than the eldest
- It has a professional navy with ships being made to high standards since they believe and have to rely on Quality over Quantity
- Freedom of religion is tolerated, although most believe in Wroth-Mar more than others
- They are at peace, but have plans to expand to Stanningrad

yawning isles already claimed
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Tue May 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Danceria wrote:My last post I just went full Tolkein, holy nobs...

idk lol you threw some ES references in there too lol
[/floatright][floatleft]

The Orzone
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orzone » Tue May 31, 2016 7:18 pm

New Roman Empire wrote:
The Orzone wrote:Nation/Faction name: Kingdom of Mane
Map Claim: Yawning Isles
Other details:
- They are at peace, but have plans to expand to Stanningrad

yawning isles already claimed

Yeah, Saw it too jus recently so I changed my claim to Hargun

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue May 31, 2016 7:18 pm

New Roman Empire wrote:
Danceria wrote:My last post I just went full Tolkein, holy nobs...

idk lol you threw some ES references in there too lol

Yeeeeeeeah.
Obligatory Quotes below

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Tue May 31, 2016 7:24 pm

lol and our roster is a little out of date lol
[/floatright][floatleft]

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Tue May 31, 2016 7:32 pm

Danceria wrote:Species App

Species Name: Elberen, otherwise known as Dark Elves, Night Elves, the Dumner(Outcasts) or False-kin (by Alves), Wander-Brothers(By the Drosof), Runelanders or Star-Seekers by many a common man.
Average Apperance: Male and female, but their skin color varies the most common being dark purple or a marble grey. Brown eyes are almost nonexistent in Elberen genetics, though deep black eyes are considered rare and a sign of blessing. Colors ranging from white to orange, blues and greens, and merry grey eyes shimmer with joy and wisdom. As for hair color, every natural color is known, save for blondes of any sort.
Charecteristics: The adults stand around 6 feet, and are stockier in build than most elves, their average lifespan is roughly 250 years
Intelligence: "9/10, would blend the Grace of Elvenfolk with the crafting expertise of the Dwarves again..." Elberes IGN (In Goddess Network)
Population: Roughly 100 million, same population as humans or Drasof
Range: From the Fel Lands to Feylake, from Westhold to Starfall Bay, though they occupy the lands west of the Forgestone Mountains and along the coast of Starfall Bay (in Aryandai), as well as the island in which Star Pointe was built.
Creator: Elberes Mireva
History: (WARNING THIS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTRADICT YOUR HISTORY AND OR PREVIOUSLY ESTABLISHED LORE, BUT I AM GOING TO MAKE IT SO DAMN EPIC THAT YOU WILL NOT CARE(Also, long post is long))
"There was a time when the Drasof and the Alves lived in Elvenheim, which was even then a powerful kingdom around Oracle Lake. Then came a time when the Songstress known as Elberes came upon the Alves and Drosof celebrating under a clear starlit eve, just before the dawn. She marveled at these creatures, so graceful in movement and poetic in speech. It is said that the Songstress took the very air of the night and blanketed it around the strength and craftsmanship of a Dwarf. This is why the Elberen-folk have skin darker color than other Elf species, and why their eyes shine like starlight when viewed by a torch. Upon their creation, they at once joined the festivities in Oracle Lake. The Alves were horrified, for to them, a new breed of Orcs just popped out of thin air. The Elin on the other hand, struck up another tune and danced the night away with their newfound friends, and this would set an unfortunate precedent for ages to come...For this was the Feast of the Dawn, the Dawning of a new era in which the Elvenfolk would continue their legacy of being lights to the world. But jealousy and suspicion blighted that, and though it was the Dawn, the Dawn was dark and cast it's shadows...

"For this was during the Advent Age, the passing away of the Firstborn Gods and the beginning of the Gods we know today. The climatic conflicts of the Firstborn and their neglect of the creation brought to it foul creatures that dwelt in the realms of Elvenheim today. Elves had never ventured south of Oracle Lake, but that would change. I could sit here and drone the both of us to death over the lineages of the ancient Elven kings and their campaigns against the foul creaturs, but I intend to live a good deal longer, and I'm sure you do as well. I'll state the basics: the Elin and the Elberen were kindred spirits through and through, fierce warriors whose skill in combat, whose wisdom in tactics, whose sheer tenacity is unmatched by any warrior of this Age. They carved a new Empire, ranging from Runeheim in the west, to just short of the Witch Hill and the City-States of Vallinar. It was conquered by the blood of countless Elin and Elberen, overseen by and sworn fealty to the Alves, for they were the heirs of the Kalin South of the Fel Lands. When it came time to divide the realm, the Alves took the sacred north of Oracle Lake, the Drosof took the south in what is now known as Silwood and Moonwade, and the Elberen took the lands west of the Greenpeak Mountains to call their own. The lands known as Elvenheim would belong to all Elves...

"But the jealousy that the Alves felt at the Feast of the Dawn grew more and more with every victory that the Elberen won, and the greed for the wealth and power that their subjects possessed grew more. But there was something deeper than material wealth or petty envy, it was the feeling that they did not matter. They were second after the Kalon who abandoned their duties to the cold north, by all rights the destiny as light of the world and the ones who would drive the darkness away was theirs. And these practical half-Orcs had the gall to rob them of that, and encourage the irresponsible Elin to fraternize with the Mortal Races! Nothing good would ever come out of either of them, but they needed a way to discredit them as heirs of the Blessings of Elvendom...

"Thus was the thoughts that Caleras, who was learned in the ways of Sorcery and Witchcraft, who created a trap in which the Alves would expose the Elberen as the inferiors that they were... he summoned Variak and Aeldos, the Lords of the Elberen and the Elin respectively, upon their final victory in the Runelands to the Dome of the Stars to swear an oath that divides Elvenfolk to this day. For Cleras and his mages created a trap that would purge all those not of pure elvish blood, and would only be activated upon a pure vow being said. When brought before the sanctum of the Dome of the Stars, Caleras turned to the co-lords of Elvendom "Know that what I ask of ye is not to be considered lightly, now that victory is accomplished and the foul beings driven from the North and our lands, I beget to thee the inheritance of the Gods Who Came before". Aeldos and Variak were thrilled, for at long last the work of those who came before them will be fulfilled. Then Caleras, with careful wording asked Variak and his enterouge "Doth thou serve the Gods?" the Lord of the Elberen answered with a resounding "Aye and evermore, as my forefathers hath served ye, so shall myself and my kinsmen, and all those who come after me." "I asketh not if thou were loyal to me..." the serpent tongued king cut him off "But rather, doth thou serve the Gods of Light, Harmony, and Order, and shun the Dark and Chaos." "Verily, this is truth." "Then draw thy sword and swear with us, for if thou wert born of light, then light ye shall be in this world, as blood of my blood, kin of my kin, and heir of the inheritance." Variak lifted his sword high and proclaimed "As ye commandeth, may the Gods punish me if my bloodline was not born of light!" The trap was sprung and the spells were cast, Variak and his entourage were slain and burnt a cinder. Caleras spake to the stunned Aeldos "It is a sign of the Gods! Recall it that the Elberen came from the shadows, and so shall they return!" Now Variak's estate was nearby, and Caelras ordered it be burned to the ground with all inside, and those who fled were chased off the cliffs. This is why the shoreline next to the North Bridge is called the Mourning Cliffs, a sad parody of their former name, the Morning Cliffs.

"Afterwords came much war and bloodshed, though now resolved cast scars deep into the heart of the land and people of Elvenheim. The Alves proved victorious and confined the Elberen to the Runelands, and all who dwelt in Elvenheim were forced east to where they dwell today...the Alves pronounced them by one of their current names: Dunmir. It means "Ever Cursed Blood" in Elvish, or more aptly translated "Outcasts". They were set apart by elves who sought to be viewed apart by their kinsmen and subjects. Such is one of the many tragedies of history... but there is one thing that keeps Elin and Elberen hopes alive: it's a prophecy. A prophecy that one day the Elves may be united again in spirit, and that the ancient blood feuds would be pardoned among all. A prophecy that you yourself may hear in time...

"What of the Elin? What of the Elin?! You think they're dead and dashed among the Mourning Cliffs?! *Merry Laughter* Nay good lad, nay! 'Tis not so... Why, the barmaid herself laughs with me, she just welcomed you into her tavern! Don't act so surprised, after all, they danced together at the end of the Advent Age, when they heard their brothers were being exiled, they boldly went forward and proclaimed themselves "Drasof", or "Vagabond"...that is why Elberen and Drasof call each other "Wanderer-Brother" or "Wanderer-Sister"...some bonds are not built by blood, but by deep friendship, mutual understanding, and true love. Cherish those types of relationships if you have them, and don't go chasing after love, it'll chase after you..."

- Danteus Lorhalion, retired hero and NPC, in the Galloping Goat Tavern in Damas conversing with the Hero of the Age (Main Character)

I like it, nice little backstory for the Drasof. Also not sure if in the beginning you meant that the elves were around in the age of the Highborn, because you would have to change that. The Highborn killed most of each other during their war, those who survived were mostly turned fully Mortal by the Creator. The five who werent became the first true Gods, while the Creator buggered off. The Elves were descended from the Kalin, who were the offspring to the mortalized Highborn, who became the first Humans and Kalon rather quikly. The Alves wouldn't be around for a few decades at least after the Highborn war, depending on how much goldy influence certain populations experienced.
I KILLED MUFASA

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Tue May 31, 2016 7:33 pm

New Roman Empire wrote:lol and our roster is a little out of date lol

Nope, got everyone whose accepted.
I KILLED MUFASA

The Isles of Lux
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Isles of Lux » Tue May 31, 2016 7:36 pm

Nation/Faction name: The Ulvan Confederation.
Race(s): Humans and Orcs.
Patron God(s): Issumatar
Current Leader(s): The Ulvan Confederation is more a loosely allied and culturally bonded conglomeration of villages and tribes than a real state, and as such they do not have a very stiffly organized government. The Confederation is led by the Council of Godar, the Gothi (Chieftains) of each tribe. Issumatar, the patron God of the Ulvan Confederation, holds higher power than any of the Godar, but he does not always attend the Council meetings. There are thirteen members of the Council of Godar, because there are currently thirteen different tribes in the Ulvan Confederation. These Godar are as follows; Corazan, Noatak, Asuilaak, Iliivat, Kussuyok, Torngasak, K'eyush, Takret, Onartok, Tonrar, Kissarviarsuk, Tlate Hiin, and Aningan.
Brief History: The Ulvan Confederation is the result of the eventual formation of the ethnically bonded tribes inhabiting the Icewall Mountain range and coastline into a union. Many factors led to the formation of the Ulvan Confederation, including the shared desire for safety in numbers, the kinship of the Ulvan tribes, the strength of Issumatar, the God who inhabits the region, and the prospect of shared conquest and adventure.
Geographical area and key features: The land controlled by the Ulvan Confederation is mostly a savage territory of icy cliffs, snowy mountains, and rocky shores.
Map Claim: The Icewall Mountains. So basically the chain of mountains and coastline that spreads from the mark on the map labeled "Icewall" to Skullenport, where their territory ends.
Other details: The Ulvan Confederation has a very warrior-based society, where emphasis is put on the honor of dying in battle and the upholding of duty and valor. All members of the various tribes in the Ulvan Confederation are skilled warriors, trained from birth in the art of combat and the ways of their culture. Besides being all around skilled warriors, the Ulvans are noted for their skill and craftsmanship in naval affairs. Due to their position near the coast, the Ulvan tribes are no fools in the ways of the water.
Political Compass Ratings
    Economic Left/Right: -9.13
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

DEFCON levels.
    5: Lowest level of readiness for war.
    4: Increased intelligence level and strengthened security measures.
    3: Military on standby and ready to be mobilized or partially mobilized.
    2: Next step to nuclear war, total war.
    1: Nukes mobilized, nuclear war has commenced.
DEFCON level 3.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Tue May 31, 2016 7:37 pm

I put in my application that the Vali were the first race, sort of the "primitive forest people" of Farheim. Is that acceptable to everyone?

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Tue May 31, 2016 7:37 pm

The Isles of Lux wrote:Nation/Faction name: The Ulvan Confederation.
Race(s): Humans and Orcs.
Patron God(s): Issumatar
Current Leader(s): The Ulvan Confederation is more a loosely allied and culturally bonded conglomeration of villages and tribes than a real state, and as such they do not have a very stiffly organized government. The Confederation is led by the Council of Godar, the Gothi (Chieftains) of each tribe. Issumatar, the patron God of the Ulvan Confederation, holds higher power than any of the Godar, but he does not always attend the Council meetings. There are thirteen members of the Council of Godar, because there are currently thirteen different tribes in the Ulvan Confederation. These Godar are as follows; Corazan, Noatak, Asuilaak, Iliivat, Kussuyok, Torngasak, K'eyush, Takret, Onartok, Tonrar, Kissarviarsuk, Tlate Hiin, and Aningan.
Brief History: The Ulvan Confederation is the result of the eventual formation of the ethnically bonded tribes inhabiting the Icewall Mountain range and coastline into a union. Many factors led to the formation of the Ulvan Confederation, including the shared desire for safety in numbers, the kinship of the Ulvan tribes, the strength of Issumatar, the God who inhabits the region, and the prospect of shared conquest and adventure.
Geographical area and key features: The land controlled by the Ulvan Confederation is mostly a savage territory of icy cliffs, snowy mountains, and rocky shores.
Map Claim: The Icewall Mountains. So basically the chain of mountains and coastline that spreads from the mark on the map labeled "Icewall" to Skullenport, where their territory ends.
Other details: The Ulvan Confederation has a very warrior-based society, where emphasis is put on the honor of dying in battle and the upholding of duty and valor. All members of the various tribes in the Ulvan Confederation are skilled warriors, trained from birth in the art of combat and the ways of their culture. Besides being all around skilled warriors, the Ulvans are noted for their skill and craftsmanship in naval affairs. Due to their position near the coast, the Ulvan tribes are no fools in the ways of the water.

Looks pretty good, accepted!
I KILLED MUFASA

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Tue May 31, 2016 7:38 pm

Lux are you okay with our gods being rivals? I kind of implied that in my weapon app

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Tue May 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Cresadine wrote:I put in my application that the Vali were the first race, sort of the "primitive forest people" of Farheim. Is that acceptable to everyone?

If that were the case they would have to be created by one of the five Highborn who weren't turned mortal.Our gods weren't around until the rest of the races had been around for a while, long enough so that the Highborn had faded to some other plane of existence and their physical eseence condensed into us.
I KILLED MUFASA

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Tue May 31, 2016 7:41 pm

Jorliefstreiken wrote:
Cresadine wrote:I put in my application that the Vali were the first race, sort of the "primitive forest people" of Farheim. Is that acceptable to everyone?

If that were the case they would have to be created by one of the five Highborn who weren't turned mortal.Our gods weren't around until the rest of the races had been around for a while, long enough so that the Highborn had faded to some other plane of existence and their physical eseence condensed into us.

Hmmmm...ugghhhh there goes my whole "ancient, primordial race" idea.

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Tue May 31, 2016 7:42 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Jorliefstreiken wrote:

Hmmmm...ugghhhh there goes my whole "ancient, primordial race" idea.

They can worship your goddess and be that old, but our gods are still newer to the world than a lot of the races around.
I KILLED MUFASA

The Isles of Lux
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Isles of Lux » Tue May 31, 2016 7:43 pm

Woodstovia wrote:Lux are you okay with our gods being rivals? I kind of implied that in my weapon app

Yes. In fact, I rather like the idea.
Political Compass Ratings
    Economic Left/Right: -9.13
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

DEFCON levels.
    5: Lowest level of readiness for war.
    4: Increased intelligence level and strengthened security measures.
    3: Military on standby and ready to be mobilized or partially mobilized.
    2: Next step to nuclear war, total war.
    1: Nukes mobilized, nuclear war has commenced.
DEFCON level 3.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Tue May 31, 2016 7:44 pm

Jorliefstreiken wrote:
Cresadine wrote:Hmmmm...ugghhhh there goes my whole "ancient, primordial race" idea.

They can worship your goddess and be that old, but our gods are still newer to the world than a lot of the races around.

Alright, sounds good. Perhaps she came to be their protector after the fall of the Highborn.

What kind of relationship would the other gods have with Vannyne?

The Orzone
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orzone » Tue May 31, 2016 7:55 pm

Nation/Faction name: Kingdom of Hargun
Current Leader(s): King Balor Silver-Tongue
Brief History: Originally a confederation of clans living in the Island, Clan Silver-Tongue persuaded, blackmailed and threatened the other clans to name Balor as their first king of Hargun. After being named king, he first had to deal a number of revolts from the different clans who were unhappy of being stripped of their democratic ways. Wth King Balor being an above average warrior and diplomat, he was able to either talk or beat down his opponents. As of now, Wroth-Mar is watching Balor while Balor himself is solidifying the island and plans to expand beyond Hargun itself.
Map Claim: Hargun, the entire island
Other details:
- The King of Hargun is the eldest child of the previous King or Queen
- They are at peace, but have plans to expand to Harwood and its surrounding areas

444- Tracker, do not remove

I changed a few things and added a Brief History of it. The Kingdom is mostly a fledgeling
Last edited by The Orzone on Tue May 31, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse