NATION

PASSWORD

From Rifles And Roses (OOC/DEAD /MOVED TO NEW THREAD)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:48 pm

The BranRiech wrote:So I'm putting together my app right now, and I'm wondering if there are any classes/subclasses that are recommended, or not. I'm not sure what I'll go for here.

Not Combat Ranger/Spotter/Pathfinder or any variations. We've loads of those.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:56 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:Not Combat Ranger/Spotter/Pathfinder or any variations. We've loads of those.

I was thinking of a submariner. *Nods* I read the description, but how would a submariner be played/fit into the rest of the RP?

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:55 pm

"Same sex dorms"

Ohhh crap, Harry's going to be busted sooner or later.

Shyluz wrote:I'm going camping for a few days, so control of my char is being relegated to Soni or Tri. Thank you.

Err, I hope I know what I'm doing ^^"

TriStates wrote:@CO-OPs, anyone willing to take a stab at Shyluz'z character, Grey?
I'll have a go at it, but I'll just try to be passive with him to try and not mess up how he is.

TriStates wrote:Is there any particular reason why made a transgender character? I'm curious.
Err....

Shyluz wrote:In my RP, which may/may not be dying, Soni made a transgender char there as well. It's Soni, not me.
Well technically he doesn't identify as a female, but uh...

Mirakai wrote:Because traps
Bingo!

I love traps. Looove them.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:13 pm

And sorry for all the questions, but here's one more. Are apps posted here, or directly to the archive thread?

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:14 pm

The BranRiech wrote:And sorry for all the questions, but here's one more. Are apps posted here, or directly to the archive thread?

Post 'em here mate.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:39 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:Not Combat Ranger/Spotter/Pathfinder or any variations. We've loads of those.

I was thinking of a submariner. *Nods* I read the description, but how would a submariner be played/fit into the rest of the RP?

I'm not really sure how to answer such a broad question. Let me try though.

Submariners, like other classes, have a niche that they fill in the battlefield. That said, the use of their title, "Submariner" does not set their role in stone. What I mean by this is, just because the name attributes their duties to submarines, don't assume that is all they will ever do or are capable of doing in this RP.

They would be played according to the niche, which is described in a few words prior to the class description. For Submariners, their role is a rear, or long-ranged attack class. At sea, this can be seen through their use of torpedoes, anti-ground and anti-ship missiles. On land, they would work in tandem with other Rear Attack-class units in providing tactical control of the battle-space to the more conventional Front Attack units, through their use of Special Weapons (Chemical Gases, Nerve Agents, Biological Warfare, and tactical nuclear weapons).

Example 1: VR sim battle of The Somme, 1914 in WW1. Submariners at seas would harass the larger surface ships, while Submariners operating on land would be responsible for deploying Mustard, Chlorine and Phosgene Gas to assist friendly forces and attack enemy forces.

Example 2: VR sim battle of The Low Countries in the Hundred Years War, 1337. Submariners would assist players through the use of period-correct special weapons, such as, Greek Fire, Germ Warfare, and ship raiding.

I hope this was more helpful than it was confusing. If it isn't, I can try again to give a better explanation.

The BranRiech wrote:And sorry for all the questions, but here's one more. Are apps posted here, or directly to the archive thread?

Not at all. Questions are good. Keeps this OP thinking :p
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:45 pm

Thanks! That's really what I was wondering (Also set in stone that I'm playing a submariner).

This seems like one of the more interesting RP's I've got, though I'm still a little unsure on the state of the world. I know that Mercenaries are much more prevalent because of the war, but what would our characters have grown up through?

Mirakai
Senator

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Tri, tell me, what will cyber-forces be doing for most of the historical battles?
Sister of Isle of Lithonia, and Sister-in-Law of Imperial--Japan
Torture Room Manager of ImperialJapanism
The Princess of Perverts
Crazy Yandere: Scamvidia
Wolfy Waifu: Ulvenes
Pet: Sonitusia
Proud Member of the SOPWHKTNTPBHNIWTP

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Mirakai wrote:Tri, tell me, what will cyber-forces be doing for most of the historical battles?
Historical battles makes me so exited, because I want to have Fauna in a Stuart III light tank just moving around the battlefield quickly.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Appeal for Eureka S.T.A.G. Cadet Status

Required Information

Name: Yulian Kalman

Sex: Male

Race: Original

Age and Origin: 18, Born in 2007 in the Midwest of the USA

Picture Appearance:

Character Class Specialities:
Class: Navy/Submariner
Subclasses: Blue-Ribbon-Gunner, Hazmat-Prepped

Height, Weight, Body Type: 5'11, 143lbs, slim with average athleticism.

Equipment: A suitcase full of spare clothes, personal hygiene effects, a small tablet for internet access/studying. He also wears the standard Male uniform.

Character Story: Yulian simply wishes to learn the tools of the trade effectively and efficiently so that he can provide for himself, considering he feels as if nothing else would provide a good job and flow of money. On the side, Yulian also wishes to make lasting friends during his time in STAG, though this is somewhat secondary, this still has a good amount of time devoted to it.

RP Example: Ah, a post in Personification Life.

Additional Fun Stuff: Not Required

Personality: Shy, yet easy to befriend. He's much more likely to sit in a corner and read than to join in a social situation with others, unless coaxed by friends.

Moral Alignment: True Neutral

Bio: Yulian's family history is rather long and boring, consisting of various terms of military service performed by long relatives. None of Yulian's family members were very noteworthy or heroic, considering the majority of them were confined to noncombat-related positions. Growing up an average life in the Midwestern United States, everyone expected Yulian to break the line of military service in the family considering his flamboyant tastes in dress and hobbies, and his lack of social skills. Not to be outdone, however, Yulian requested to be enrolled in some form of military academy to prove them wrong. His above-average grades in High-School helped propel him towards a scholarship funded by his state to go to a military-school of his choosing (To promote a smarter military in the post-war world), and he chose to enroll in the STAG Academy, pursuing a career in Naval-related fields.

Sex Orientation: Bisexual with a preference for members of the same sex.

Have You Read, Understand, and Agree with the OP Posts & Rules In Detail? If by "Yes", You mean . . . Yes.
Last edited by The BranRiech on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:19 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Thanks! That's really what I was wondering (Also set in stone that I'm playing a submariner).

This seems like one of the more interesting RP's I've got, though I'm still a little unsure on the state of the world. I know that Mercenaries are much more prevalent because of the war, but what would our characters have grown up through?

Well, two major events that make the Eureka-verse unique are The Great Economic Crunch and The Second Pacific War. These would both heavily impact how our character grew up.

The first is a 2008 Great Recession that never ended. It began with the U.S. housing and bank bubble burst, and spread out to effect the world, just like in our reality. However, due to incompetent leadership by national governments, the Recession was never addressed appropriately. As a result, you have a 17 year long global depression. In sheer scope, it was worse than the Great Depression, because of its link to the other event, the Second Pacific War.

Colloquially known as the Third Great War or World War Three, officially as the Second Pacific War, it was a 4 year Far East regional conflict that quickly became global. Lasting from 2020 to December 2024, the Second Pacific War began as a limited police action between the nations of Japan, China, North & South Korea, and Taiwan over the Senkaku Island Dispute. As the war became larger in scope, more and more Far-Eastern nations choosing or being forced to chose sides, the Western and Eastern powers of the world became involved. You can image how much that helped things. By 2024, battles were raging over three continents (Europe, Asia, and Australia), and had almost reached two more (Africa & North America). Tactical nuclear exchanges had already happened throughout the war, though no country had unleashed its full arsenal yet. That, is when the Ravencroft Institute stepped in.

I'll stop here before I make it a TL;DR. Let me know if you'd like to know more though. I don't mind schooling lore. Anyways, in summary, most of the kids present in this RP will have had similar experiences to children growing up in the Second World War. Some of the older kids (mid-teens and over) would remember a world more like ours is today. Anyone younger (mid-teens and younger) would have been little kids when the war had broken out. They would have been born in war, so to speak. More often than not, especially if the kids were present in Europe or Asia, all of them would have seen some pretty gnarly stuff already.

Mirakai wrote:Tri, tell me, what will cyber-forces be doing for most of the historical battles?

Working the espionage angle. Some Dirty Dozen, slit throats, steal info, behind enemy lines kind stuff.

The BranRiech wrote:
Appeal for Eureka S.T.A.G. Cadet Status

Required Information

Name: Yulian Kalman

Sex: Male

Race: Original

Age and Origin: 18, Born in 2007 in the Midwest of the USA

Picture Appearance:

Character Class Specialities:
Class: Navy/Submariner
Subclasses: Blue-Ribbon-Gunner, Hazmat-Prepped

Height, Weight, Body Type: 5'11, 143lbs, slim with average athleticism.

Equipment: A suitcase full of spare clothes, personal hygiene effects, a small tablet for internet access/studying. He also wears the standard Male uniform.

Character Story: Yulian simply wishes to learn the tools of the trade effectively and efficiently so that he can provide for himself, considering he feels as if nothing else would provide a good job and flow of money. On the side, Yulian also wishes to make lasting friends during his time in STAG, though this is somewhat secondary, this still has a good amount of time devoted to it.

RP Example: Ah, a post in Personification Life.

Additional Fun Stuff: Not Required

Personality: Shy, yet easy to befriend. He's much more likely to sit in a corner and read than to join in a social situation with others, unless coaxed by friends.

Moral Alignment: True Neutral

Bio: Yulian's family history is rather long and boring, consisting of various terms of military service performed by long relatives. None of Yulian's family members were very noteworthy or heroic, considering the majority of them were confined to noncombat-related positions. Growing up an average life in the Midwestern United States, everyone expected Yulian to break the line of military service in the family considering his flamboyant tastes in dress and hobbies, and his lack of social skills. Not to be outdone, however, Yulian requested to be enrolled in some form of military academy to prove them wrong. His above-average grades in High-School helped propel him towards a scholarship funded by his state to go to a school of his choosing, and he chose to enroll in the STAG Academy, pursuing a career in Naval-related fields.

Sex Orientation: Bisexual with a preference for members of the same sex.

Have You Read, Understand, and Agree with the OP Posts & Rules In Detail? If by "Yes", You mean . . . Yes.

Accepted. Please archive and jump into the IC when your ready!
Last edited by TriStates on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
* people giving a fuck,
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:21 pm

*Nods*

Again, many thanks for the hand-holding so far, I think that's all I need to know, let me edit my app slightly here.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Not a problem.

Now, @ Sun & Alt, thanks for you patience! I'll get that reply for you guys up in a few minutes.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:57 pm

I think I'm back at last :p
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:15 pm

TriStates wrote:Not a problem.

Now, @ Sun & Alt, thanks for you patience! I'll get that reply for you guys up in a few minutes.

:(
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:35 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
TriStates wrote:Not a problem.

Now, @ Sun & Alt, thanks for you patience! I'll get that reply for you guys up in a few minutes hours.

:p

Its up now. Hope you like it.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:38 pm

TriStates wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:...

:p

Its up now. Hope you like it.

Well...we have to get in trouble somehow, so if you'll forgive me this one time, Sozin is about to get punched. Once I get around to posting. Tomorrow.

Ah well.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Am I approved? :p

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:09 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Am I approved? :p

TriStates wrote:
Accepted. Please archive and jump into the IC when your ready!

I think that means yes :P
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Sonitusia wrote:I think that means yes :P

Didn't see that. :lol:

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:22 pm

So, um, where exactly is everybody now?
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Illan wrote:So, um, where exactly is everybody now?

This is also what I will be wondering when I make my first post.

And uh, how should my character arrive?

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:26 pm

The BranRiech wrote:

You'll be on the mag-train already, just try to find some interaction from here.

Notable possible interactions:
  • Sozin is getting beat up by two girls, both of which are partials, and this is because he touched dem tiddies
  • Harriet, Fauna, and Gray are in a booth, of which Fauna and Gray are playing a harmonica/bass guitar duet while Harriet is listening happily.
Last edited by Sonitusia on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:31 pm

Hows it going guys! Got some news!

Vancon pitched an idea to combine the RP worlds of his, United Remnant's and our Eureka-verse. Notice, I said worlds, not the role plays. Three big hits wrapped into one continuous world where events will transpire throughout the three. Events in one RP will carry over into the events of the other two, and vice versa. Since I'm not a Fascist, I'll put this to poll.

For reference, check out the other two RPs in question:

Project Warfighter

V2 Athena

Poll will be up shortly, so stick around, and have your voice heard.
So, retcon that shit. Now back to things~

The BranRiech wrote:

The Cadets are on a monorail bullet train, called a Mag Rail, that is taking them on an express tour of Eureka Island's major points of interest. Destination is Fort Navarone Proving Center, where the cadet hopefuls will receive a reality check into the world of Eureka and take the Entrance Exam so that they may become full fledged Cadets and enter the Academy. Since Bran in new to the scene, and for those of you who have forgotten, the Entrance Exam is a virtual reality war game, set this year to the Battle of Mogadishu (Black Hawk Down, for those who can into movies and can not into history).

Back to the current scene, interaction is available from almost any of the characters present. OP characters available are Emi Inachi, a first year cadet prospect, and JUL, the Artificial Intelligence tasked with maintaining the Islands population centers and part-time tourist guide. As for how your character should enter, I would RP from the perspective of already being in the train. Since there no real alternative right now :p
Last edited by TriStates on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Not to shit all over your parade, but the guys over in Athena made some really good points. In turn, I'm backing out of my own idea. I suggest you go over there and read them.

Pages 138 and 139 are where the discussion took place, for reference.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse