NATION

PASSWORD

A New Creation (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:39 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Kaoiluja wrote:
"It's hard to explain. It's like...um.... How do I say this? I have a... Thing. Inside me. You saw how I have been acting lately with the bursts of anger and recklessness. There is something... Well, I had better just show you." He reached for Mirayeset hand slowly as she looked at him confused. He guided it upward toward his head and placed it gently upon his temple. Lodav closed his eyes, and with a sigh opened his mind to her.

Light shine forth into Mirayesets mind, his essence being seen on its fundamental level. It was beautiful, flowing forth in glorious Archs of luminescence. Every fiber of his being hummed in a symphony of the purist order and goodness. But then, as one looked further, they could see a small smudge on the fiber of light that contaminated it's splendor. The dark black splotch gave way into another, and another, until it was everywhere. Swaths of dark oily blackness that hissed and moaned. It engulfed a section light with a snarl, but an arch of lighht vaporized it once again. The darkness kept multiplying and fighting to gain the upper hand, but the light kept it from escaping. Inside of Lodav raged a war between himself and an entity more vile than anything ever seen. A battle waged forth more brutal than any ever faced, one that wrought more pain and destruction than any other, and Lodavs mind was its battle field, scarred and torn in ways no one could ever know.

Lodav withdrew wih a thought. He did not wish to scare her, though it was doubtful that he wouldn't. He had not even shown her the worst of it, but this was all she needed to see. This was all he wanted anyone to ever see if his dark side.

Once it was over, Mirayeset quickly drew her hand back into her bubble, removing the seawater from her glove to dry it and placing the water back outside of the bubble. She then closed her eyes, which still appeared in despair, and thought for a moment with what ability she could muster. "This is.....unusual. Difficult." She sighed, "L-look, I can't think right now..." she opened her eyes and looked to him, "You are free, as you always have been, to use my realm's resources to relax all you need, but....I just...I can't..." and with that her eyes began to water once more, which she so cleverly hid by burying her face in her knees and attempting to remain and silent as she could. It was degrading and embarrassing to be seen like this, and the depression which she suffered made it no better. This, perhaps, was why she had such an initial violent reaction, because she felt she wanted to be alone. Despite the desire for loneliness, she could not help but nonetheless feel better, even if the smallest bit, by not being isolated. She would not let it off, though. She simply hoped that the problems would be resolved on their own.

Strangly, Lodav was not bothered by her inability to think. It was as if being with her and helping her was help for him enough. It felt good to be at someones aid and to provide for them. It made him feel useful. Plus he had, after all, doubted from the beginning that simply talking to her would solve his own problems. "Then Maybe...maybe I can help you." Lodav mused. "If you will allow me of course. I may not be good with words, but I can do something."

Lodav placed his hand upon the hilt of Absoluion, which lay in its sheeth on his side. It glowed slightly, and he closed his eyes. Lifting his hand, he projected his energy at her, touching the very edge of her essence ever so gently with his mind. His mind took hold of a peice of goodness within her, and in a moment brought it forth. Elpis the Indomitable revealed itself slightly, glowing in a translucent aura around him. He used it to channel Mirayesets good side. Her dreams, her loving nature, but most of all her undying hope. He attempted to empower her in a way that she might rise above her despair, even if it was by but a small bit.
Last edited by Kaoiluja on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:54 pm

From a distance, many considered the moon beautiful, basking in its soft radiance. Up close, others would think much the opposite. The surface of the lunar regolith was silent, unnervingly so, and while it conferred a sense of meditation, to be sure, one could only contemplate the barren grey surface for so long. Luckily for Selena, she had other things to think about.

Sitting on a small boulder, she gazed at the object in front of her: a sword, not quite a rapier, yet not quite a longsword, eerily glowing with a flickering, shadowy aura. That same aura had engulfed her mere days ago, warping her mind and twisting her soul into something...decidedly sinister. And yet, she could not discard it. Part of her very essence resided within, and deep in the corners of her heart, she knew that some part of it was within her too. Somehow, casting her thoughts back, she remembered Lodav's warning. He had been right after all, and Dyrraeon too. The winds of change were blowing, harder than they had in millennia, and for better or for worse, she had already been swept along.

Mere moments after this thought, a small breeze swept across the surface, disrupting the silence that had continued unabated for centuries.
The Starlight wrote:Vardaelia had long slumbered, recovering her power. And now it was time for her to return. Her eyes snapped open, and slowly she rose, rising from the very heart of the Earth, her greatest sanctuary, to the surface. The earth opened and she came out, Her essence and power humming around her. Vardaelia had returned, and the earth loosed its joy. Flowers bloomed, wolves howled, harvested plants gave forth crops beautiful and bountiful. The Chief Goddess was back, and she would have words with Selena. She stretched forth her hand, and out of the Earth came a greatsword, covered in vines, made from the strongest and most powerful metals of the Earth, obsidian, steel and iron. The hilt was green wood, it too hummed with her power. And then, she arrayed herself in armor, not earthen mud, as some would have supposed, nay, but true armor that would stop all earthly weapons, and many divine ones too. She thrust her greatsword towards the distant moon, a threat, a fulfillment of a promise, green eyes blazing. And then, she vanished in a green light, preparing her assault upon the moon and its goddess in her domain.

Selena sighed, casting her gaze earthward. Slowly, painstakingly, she stood, drawing her sword out of the ground she had stabbed it into. Briefly, she remembered Syeli and the fate she had suffered. Would such a fate be hers, too?

No. Better to die than remain an outcast, alone and forgotten forever.

A slight smile tugged her lips, then, as she considered something she had never before.

Then die we shall, and with our death we shall tear the heavens asunder.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Kaoiluja wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Once it was over, Mirayeset quickly drew her hand back into her bubble, removing the seawater from her glove to dry it and placing the water back outside of the bubble. She then closed her eyes, which still appeared in despair, and thought for a moment with what ability she could muster. "This is.....unusual. Difficult." She sighed, "L-look, I can't think right now..." she opened her eyes and looked to him, "You are free, as you always have been, to use my realm's resources to relax all you need, but....I just...I can't..." and with that her eyes began to water once more, which she so cleverly hid by burying her face in her knees and attempting to remain and silent as she could. It was degrading and embarrassing to be seen like this, and the depression which she suffered made it no better. This, perhaps, was why she had such an initial violent reaction, because she felt she wanted to be alone. Despite the desire for loneliness, she could not help but nonetheless feel better, even if the smallest bit, by not being isolated. She would not let it off, though. She simply hoped that the problems would be resolved on their own.

Strangly, Lodav was not bothered by her inability to think. It was as if being with her and helping her was help for him enough. It felt good to be at someones aid and to provide for them. It made him feel useful. Plus he had, after all, doubted from the beginning that simply talking to her would solve his own problems. "Then Maybe...maybe I can help you." Lodav mused. "If you will allow me of course. I may not be good with words, but I can do something."

Lodav placed his hand upon the hilt of Absoluion, which lay in its sheeth on his side. It glowed slightly, and he closed his eyes. Lifting his hand, he projected his energy at her, touching the very edge of her essence ever so gently with his mind. His mind took hold of a peice of goodness within her, and in a moment brought it forth. Elpis the Indomitable revealed itself slightly, glowing in a translucent aura around him. He used it to channel Mirayesets good side. Her dreams, her loving nature, but most of all her undying hope. He attempted to empower her in a way that she might rise above her despair, even if it was by but a small bit.

At his offer, she looked to Lodav once more with confusion. Even more once he touched his hand onto a hilt, and she backed up a bit. Suddenly the world felt bright again. There was the smallest twinge of hope, a spark of possibility filled her mind as she felt a warmth within her heart as the flame was fed, rather than the dousing which had thus far occurred. The thick water gave way, it thinned, and though the wetness remained just the same, light began to shine through the once impenetrable darkness. It grew brighter and brighter until, with a flash, it disappeared all at once.

She looked to him with a faint smile as the fire began to cool once more. It became once more a small flame, but it now new fuel and it no longer fought a blizzard. She still felt sadness, as if she were crushed, but no longer was it the unbearable agony she had felt but moments before. How this would hold was yet to be seen, and how she would react upon seeing Ornara once more could not be predicted, but for the moment things seemed like they might turn out alright after all, and with her renewed senses, she uttered "Thank you..." to the kind god.

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:45 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Kaoiluja wrote:

At his offer, she looked to Lodav once more with confusion. Even more once he touched his hand onto a hilt, and she backed up a bit. Suddenly the world felt bright again. There was the smallest twinge of hope, a spark of possibility filled her mind as she felt a warmth within her heart as the flame was fed, rather than the dousing which had thus far occurred. The thick water gave way, it thinned, and though the wetness remained just the same, light began to shine through the once impenetrable darkness. It grew brighter and brighter until, with a flash, it disappeared all at once.
I'm
She looked to him with a faint smile as the fire began to cool once more. It became once more a small flame, but it now new fuel and it no longer fought a blizzard. She still felt sadness, as if she were crushed, but no longer was it the unbearable agony she had felt but moments before. How this would hold was yet to be seen, and how she would react upon seeing Ornara once more could not be predicted, but for the moment things seemed like they might turn out alright after all, and with her renewed senses, she uttered "Thank you..." to the kind god.

"It's the least I can do, considering the trouble I have caused you. You owe me nothing." He paused for a moment, then sighed. He sat upon a dark stone rock on the bottom of the sea. Even after he had helped her, he could not push aside the thought of how much of a disappointment he had been to her in what felt like mere minutes ago. The darkness that raged forth within him had shown its ugly head, and at best he had looked like a fool. At worst, he had looked like a tyrant."I am truly sorry for my actions. For everything. I know that I caused more harm than good by reacting the way I did. In the end, it is I who owes you."
Last edited by Kaoiluja on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:43 am

Ornara felt a hand grip her chest as she heard a voice ring out over the landscape. She turned to see none other than Hahvulon himself approaching her. The Goddess felt her duelling emotions redouble their efforts as her chest seemed to alternate between elation and freefall. Ornara floated in shock, unable to believe that of everything that could have happened, he had chosen that moment to speak to her.

“Hah – Hahvulon!” She started, forcing a smile and trying to bury the tumultuous cacophony of doubts and worries which eroded at her soul. Ornara hated this feeling, the anguish of anxiety and self-doubt that permeated her thoughts. Oh, why did Hahvulon have to come see her now? Why could he not have had somewhere else to be or something else to do? And – woe to the heavens – why did she not have some reason to excuse herself from his presence, some pressing concern that justified her running from having to face him?
“What are you doing here?” She managed, imagining that he had hunted her down in a fury – a rage in response to her earlier actions. Ornara felt fear grip her heart, hoping that he had perhaps found her simply out of coincidence.

Zrixith had faded out Ornara’s chaotic thoughts and twisting feelings the moment that Hahvulon had appeared. Honestly, she had little patience or desire to be forced to spectate the Goddess’ degrading infatuation. Ornara still acted like an immature child, and appeared unable to comprehend that her own pitiable actions rubbed off on Zrixith’s own image – it was humiliating! As such, she needed no encouragement to block out the scene that was now playing out before her physical body. However, in the absence of Ornara’s constant thoughts, she sensed another strange presence ringing out at the back of her mind.
Curious, Zrixith tried to isolate the sensation and enclose it within her mind. Now, now. What are you meant to be? It seemed vaguely familiar, and was coming from a very specific place. Suddenly, Zrixith smiled smugly in realisation. Ah, haven’t felt this in a while.

Zrixith manifested herself in the cave, the sparsely lit cavern weathered and eroded through a lack of care and use. She was hardly more than a shadow, a projection of her presence that was closer to lacking a form than attaining one. A number of pillars – some showing damage – lined the interior and the few torches present illuminated sigils and icons arrayed along the wall. There were carvings and murals telling tales of champions and depicting horrifying creatures beside statues of a feminine being of pure beauty. Zrixith felt a surge of disappointment, sighing. “You leave for a few years and everything falls apart.” She chided, “So much for the devotion of mortals.”

The sound of scraping on rock drew the Goddess’ attention, and she seemed to notice for the first time the other being present in the shrine. “Oh, mighty Zrixith – blessed be thy name. You hath honoured me by answering my lowly prayers.”

Zrixith smirked, Mmm, flattery. I like that in my mortals. Mazura had his eyes fixed on the ground before him as he knelt on the cold floor. “Tell me. Who is it that dares to summon me in my holy temple?” Zrixith was intrigued. She hadn’t felt a true prayer of worship such as this in more than a century.

“Mazura, your eminence – a humble servant to your esteemed grace. I ask for your guidance and protection.” The flames that formed the creature’s body seemed to burn low and subservient, accepting their place beneath the Goddess that had appeared before them.

Zrixith smiled. “Mazura…that name rings a bell.” She clicked her fingers. “You are one of the spawn of Stana, are you not?”

Mazura nodded, “I am, Mistress. But I have escaped from his malevolent clutches, and I fear that he shan’t rest until I lie murdered like my kin.” Zrixith was taken aback by that last statement. She hadn’t known that Stana had been killing the creations. That bastard. He pledged to imprison them only. The Goddess showed no sign of her momentary anger.

Zrixith smiled benevolently, her form emanating kindness and compassion as she approached the creature. Mazura almost shivered as her cold hand lay upon his face, gently lifting his chin. “Rise, my Child. Know that a mother never abandons her offspring – I shall keep you safe.” Relief seemed to flood Mazura’s features as he hesitantly met the gaze of the Goddess, his own feelings becoming lost in her gaze. “But I must ask something of you in return.”

“Anything at all – I am forever in your debt.”

Zrixith felt a surge of triumph, this may well prove to be a lucky break for once. “I am looking for something. A child. There is a prophecy relating to a young Stel-Natian who would come to threaten all of my Children.” Mazura felt a surge of anger. Who would dare menace the benevolent being that stood before him? What foul creature would even dare? Zrixith already had the desperate monster wrapped tight around her finger. “He – or she – is linked to a prophecy of Caelum. But, in his death, he would’ve sought out some way to keep this child from me.” She paused momentarily. “Stana and Caelum were close. I believe that he may hidden this mortal.” It was a long shot, and highly unlikely, but it was always prudent to cover all of one’s bases.
Mazura seemed to bow even deeper, invigorated by the honour of the responsibility bestowed upon him and the promise of protection. “I shall find the pretender, Mistress. I pledge it upon my name, or I shall perish in the attempt.”

Zrixith smiled, excited at having set a plan in motion after being withdrawn from the world for so long. She’d forgotten how exciting the Great Game could be! “Then it is I who am in your debt, Mazura. And fear not, we shall make sure to avenge your kin.”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:33 am

Bentus wrote:Ornara felt a hand grip her chest as she heard a voice ring out over the landscape. She turned to see none other than Hahvulon himself approaching her. The Goddess felt her duelling emotions redouble their efforts as her chest seemed to alternate between elation and freefall. Ornara floated in shock, unable to believe that of everything that could have happened, he had chosen that moment to speak to her.

“Hah – Hahvulon!” She started, forcing a smile and trying to bury the tumultuous cacophony of doubts and worries which eroded at her soul. Ornara hated this feeling, the anguish of anxiety and self-doubt that permeated her thoughts. Oh, why did Hahvulon have to come see her now? Why could he not have had somewhere else to be or something else to do? And – woe to the heavens – why did she not have some reason to excuse herself from his presence, some pressing concern that justified her running from having to face him?
“What are you doing here?” She managed, imagining that he had hunted her down in a fury – a rage in response to her earlier actions. Ornara felt fear grip her heart, hoping that he had perhaps found her simply out of coincidence.

Hahvulon stood in his now more vampiric mortal form, looking around as the words came to his mind.

"I came to see if you had figured out who the God who had attacked your people is." he explained, "And to tell you to prepare, for on the Night of the Blood Moon, a day when all worshipers of Hahvulon, whether they see me as malevolent or benevolent, will all be praying and worshiping me, we will take the throne of my father, and bring honor to the name of the Pantheon. The Elder's are no longer fit to rule."

Hahvulon took a deep breath before continuing.

"I also came," he began, "to ask you to be Queen of the Dark Pantheon."
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:04 am

It was so that Stana created 20 Hesti from the flames of the hearth and dispatched them down to the Mortal realms unable o be seen by most. Their existence unable to be seen by most mortals though a percentage with the blood of the gods would see them moving throughout the land acting out Stana's words. They would find the flame monster Mazura and report his location back to Stana upon being found.

"M plan will only work if he has not found his mother goddess yet" spoke Stana to himself absentmindedly "if he gets to her, he will have her protection and I have no wish to fight Ornara. I would need to dispatch my champion to destroy that demon without making my presence known. It will be a great task that I do not know if I could complete. I hope Mazura has not succeeded in finding his creator".

Suddenly the flames turned a chilling black and Stana knew that Mazura had found his master. "A hard fight is ahead" he stated.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

The Seven Archangels
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Archangels » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:33 am

Morse'lim

The Burning Sun wrote:From a distance, many considered the moon beautiful, basking in its soft radiance. Up close, others would think much the opposite. The surface of the lunar regolith was silent, unnervingly so, and while it conferred a sense of meditation, to be sure, one could only contemplate the barren grey surface for so long. Luckily for Selena, she had other things to think about.

Sitting on a small boulder, she gazed at the object in front of her: a sword, not quite a rapier, yet not quite a longsword, eerily glowing with a flickering, shadowy aura. That same aura had engulfed her mere days ago, warping her mind and twisting her soul into something...decidedly sinister. And yet, she could not discard it. Part of her very essence resided within, and deep in the corners of her heart, she knew that some part of it was within her too. Somehow, casting her thoughts back, she remembered Lodav's warning. He had been right after all, and Dyrraeon too. The winds of change were blowing, harder than they had in millennia, and for better or for worse, she had already been swept along.

Mere moments after this thought, a small breeze swept across the surface, disrupting the silence that had continued unabated for centuries.
The Starlight wrote:Vardaelia had long slumbered, recovering her power. And now it was time for her to return. Her eyes snapped open, and slowly she rose, rising from the very heart of the Earth, her greatest sanctuary, to the surface. The earth opened and she came out, Her essence and power humming around her. Vardaelia had returned, and the earth loosed its joy. Flowers bloomed, wolves howled, harvested plants gave forth crops beautiful and bountiful. The Chief Goddess was back, and she would have words with Selena. She stretched forth her hand, and out of the Earth came a greatsword, covered in vines, made from the strongest and most powerful metals of the Earth, obsidian, steel and iron. The hilt was green wood, it too hummed with her power. And then, she arrayed herself in armor, not earthen mud, as some would have supposed, nay, but true armor that would stop all earthly weapons, and many divine ones too. She thrust her greatsword towards the distant moon, a threat, a fulfillment of a promise, green eyes blazing. And then, she vanished in a green light, preparing her assault upon the moon and its goddess in her domain.

Selena sighed, casting her gaze earthward. Slowly, painstakingly, she stood, drawing her sword out of the ground she had stabbed it into. Briefly, she remembered Syeli and the fate she had suffered. Would such a fate be hers, too?

No. Better to die than remain an outcast, alone and forgotten forever.

A slight smile tugged her lips, then, as she considered something she had never before.

Then die we shall, and with our death we shall tear the heavens asunder.

Morse'lim had watched. And waited. His armies were prepared, he understood his goals. The gods were restless and infighting had already sunk in. The other agents have already been put into place, and all that was needed was the destruction of the demigods, the champions, and the children of the world. A simple task to remember, if not one that required great care and planning to truly bring into effect.

And already he faced one of his first challenges to that plan. One he had no choice but to directly intervene upon. In one swift motion, he soared above the isles of his empire, whose great strength lay hidden from the rest of the world, and as a dark, forboding mass of shadow, he flew himself towards Selena's realm. Though he moved quickly, he was overall unconcerned. Almost apathetic, in fact. So the new chieftess of the pantheon and the warrior of the moon were fighting. It seemed trivial to him compared to the great things about to come, but his participation was necessary.

"Let us see, my lost sisters, what is to transpire from this."

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Ornara had been rehearsing the lines in her head, preparing her explanation for her actions and to argue her case with Hahvulon. But when he announced his plans, she found herself speechless. Ornara looked into the eyes of her King, trying to peel away his exterior and glimpse at what had driven this sudden decision. What he proposed was a coup – a war between the Gods that would rend the seas and cause mountains to tremble. The Goddess was struck with shock and confusion, the words she had been crafting to defend herself stolen from her throat. As her mind started to catch up to the implications of the Dark King’s words, Ornara felt an excitement building within her chest. A thrill at what Hahvulon was proposing ran through her form, causing adrenalin to course through her veins. He was being serious, the determination set like stone in his eyes. A mixture of fear and exhilaration clouded Ornara’s mind, the danger of their conspiracy seeming insignificant besides the potential gains. Ornara had moments before been questioning how she was to protect the Akeanians from her kin, how she was to save her children, and Hahvulon had arrived like a guardian angel to offer a solution. If they could overcome the Elder Pantheon, put their stagnant brethren in their place, then the entire world would be splayed out before them – Ornara could brush aside the Stel-Natians with but a thought! The prospect invigorated her, but before she could say a word, Hahvulon continued.

A silence seemed to hang between the two deities as Ornara’s mind struggled to comprehend the meaning behind the words. …to ask you to be Queen… The sentence rummaged its way through the Goddess’ head, a jumble of sounds and letters that she refused to make sense of.

“The Queen?” She asked, confusion clear in her face as the words seemed to lack meaning even when said from her own mouth. Suddenly, Ornara was struck by realisation. All consideration of war against the Elder Pantheon, the conflict with the Stel-Natians, even the devastation that scarred the Aracian coast, paled in comparison to the abrupt cessation of her heart. Hahvulon was asking her to be his Queen? But what about Brynja? Ornara felt a surge of joy brush aside any questions, who cared! Hahvulon was asking her to stand by his side, to be his equal and companion.

Idiot. You’re thinking too much like a mortal.

The voice resounded through her skull, stamping down on the rising delight. It wasn’t Zrixith, rather it was Ornara’s own thoughts. And she was right. The Goddess took a deep breath, forcefully calming herself. He was simply asking her to be the Queen of the Dark Pantheon. To the Gods, it was but a position – a role that was expected to be fulfilled. They had been friends for centuries, they had worked together for even longer, it was only natural that Hahvulon would trust Ornara with such a responsibility.
“I – Of course – I mean, I’ll be honoured.” She stated, trying to keep her voice level and professional.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:04 pm

Vardaelia stood in her realm, gazing down upon the Earth. Everything was ready now, and it was nearing the time. The board was set, and the pieces were moving once more. She knew not whether it would end in victory, or defeat. Many of the gods had gone silent, including Syeli. There was a tension, a tremor in the air, something that would shatter the peace that had lasted for so long. She cast out her mind to the moon, speaking to Selena. "One last chance, Selena, to relinquish the sword and explain your backstabbing. One last chance. I will not wage war on the moon if you do what I ask."
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:17 pm

Bentus wrote:Ornara had been rehearsing the lines in her head, preparing her explanation for her actions and to argue her case with Hahvulon. But when he announced his plans, she found herself speechless. Ornara looked into the eyes of her King, trying to peel away his exterior and glimpse at what had driven this sudden decision. What he proposed was a coup – a war between the Gods that would rend the seas and cause mountains to tremble. The Goddess was struck with shock and confusion, the words she had been crafting to defend herself stolen from her throat. As her mind started to catch up to the implications of the Dark King’s words, Ornara felt an excitement building within her chest. A thrill at what Hahvulon was proposing ran through her form, causing adrenalin to course through her veins. He was being serious, the determination set like stone in his eyes. A mixture of fear and exhilaration clouded Ornara’s mind, the danger of their conspiracy seeming insignificant besides the potential gains. Ornara had moments before been questioning how she was to protect the Akeanians from her kin, how she was to save her children, and Hahvulon had arrived like a guardian angel to offer a solution. If they could overcome the Elder Pantheon, put their stagnant brethren in their place, then the entire world would be splayed out before them – Ornara could brush aside the Stel-Natians with but a thought! The prospect invigorated her, but before she could say a word, Hahvulon continued.

A silence seemed to hang between the two deities as Ornara’s mind struggled to comprehend the meaning behind the words. …to ask you to be Queen… The sentence rummaged its way through the Goddess’ head, a jumble of sounds and letters that she refused to make sense of.

“The Queen?” She asked, confusion clear in her face as the words seemed to lack meaning even when said from her own mouth. Suddenly, Ornara was struck by realisation. All consideration of war against the Elder Pantheon, the conflict with the Stel-Natians, even the devastation that scarred the Aracian coast, paled in comparison to the abrupt cessation of her heart. Hahvulon was asking her to be his Queen? But what about Brynja? Ornara felt a surge of joy brush aside any questions, who cared! Hahvulon was asking her to stand by his side, to be his equal and companion.

Idiot. You’re thinking too much like a mortal.

The voice resounded through her skull, stamping down on the rising delight. It wasn’t Zrixith, rather it was Ornara’s own thoughts. And she was right. The Goddess took a deep breath, forcefully calming herself. He was simply asking her to be the Queen of the Dark Pantheon. To the Gods, it was but a position – a role that was expected to be fulfilled. They had been friends for centuries, they had worked together for even longer, it was only natural that Hahvulon would trust Ornara with such a responsibility.
“I – Of course – I mean, I’ll be honoured.” She stated, trying to keep her voice level and professional.

Hahvulon smiled and took her hand.

"You know, there is one thing that the mortals understand better than virtually any God." Hahvulon said, "That would be the power of emotion and of love. Brynja, of course, understands this, but it is natural as it is her domain. I am unimpressed with that. What I am impressed with is your understanding of it. You love your children, and that love is stronger than the love of any other deity. Love is one of two emotions that can defeat fear, but it is the only one that can cause just as much fear as it defeats.

Love is a powerful thing, Ornara. So are the other emotions. This is something a ruling Pantheon must understand. I finally understand it, as well as the mortal concept of companionship. This is why the Elder Pantheon only had a Chief or Chiefs. They were rulers and allies, nothing more. The Dark Pantheon has a King and Queen, because we understand the power of companionship in a way the Elder's do not."

Hahvulon took a deep breath before pulling Ornara close and placing a soft kiss on her lips.

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:00 am

Confusion ran across Ornara’s face, she couldn’t figure out where Hahvulon was going with all this. Moments ago he had been talking of war with the Elders, and now he seemed to be reminiscing on the power of, love? Ornara’s features darkened slightly, even though she kept her demeanour befitting the Queen of the Dark Pantheon. I see. It was true that Brynja’s domain held great power and influence, almost certainly more than the Goddess herself had been willing to exert. Ornara once again felt a pang of rising jealousy at the thought of the Goddess of Beauty, what did Hahvulon mean by saying that she had defeated him? Ornara stopped that train of thought, it was none of her business! She was going to be a loyal companion to Hahvulon – it was the least that she could do after he had placed so much trust in her. He said that it was their companionship that set them apart from the Elder Pantheon, and so Ornara resolved to do nothing to jeopardise it.

The Goddess looked up at her King, her eyes steeled with determination. “Hahvulon, you are right. We, Ishtarte and Morse’lim are united by a desire to change this world; with all of us together, there is no way that the Elders would be able to –“

She was cut off as suddenly Hahvulon wrapped his arms around her, drawing her towards him. Before she could do anything, Ornara felt his lips press against hers. She stood like that, eyes wide with shock as she struggled to react. She felt a flood of warmth spreading throughout her body, her nerves screaming in ecstasy as she realised what was happening. All the dams and walls which Ornara had constructed to hold back her emotions burst, shattered by sudden impassioned embrace. The Goddess closed her eyes, savouring the touch before she threw her own arms around the King, pressing herself even tighter against him. After what seemed a blissful eternity, she pulled her head away from his, her eyes staring deep into his own.

“Hahvulon.” She managed, her limbs almost shaking from joy. “I don’t want you to be the King. I want you to be my King.”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:20 pm

Stana sat with a dark look on his face in front of teh Hearth. He had failed to stop that monster and it had now found a way to ensure its life for a time. As he sat brooding, a shade appeared across from him with a smirk on its face. "So the powerful protector of home can't fulfill his duties" stated the shade with venom in his voice. "What are you doing here Zyrath?" asked Stana anger filling his voice as his head flew up. "Nothing, nothing" said the shade "just reminding you of your failures as always. You couldn't stop Mazura and now things will happen just as they did 300 years ago. What was her name again? oh yes, Helena, the woman you loved so much". Stana's face grew darker with every word "i could not stop the Dothra horde then it and cost the city of Zuma its life. I arrived too late and everyone was killed but that will not happen again Zyrath".

"Oh of course not" said Zyrath sarcastically "but isn't that what you said prior to the Dothra Horde. Face it Stana, the same outcome will come now as it was then. People will die, you will lose those mortals you love. My, i don't think i have sent you this angry since i tricked you into destroying that griffon cave. So many precious gems were hidden in its depths but i needed those griffons killed before i could do so. You were the perfect unwilling in pawn in my plans god of the Hearth. Just a few words about how the Griffons were destroying our homes and you destroyed them for us."

The flames in Stana's eyes were bright and blood red as he replied to the Shade "It will not end the same way demon. I will destroy Mazura and prevent him from doing harm. I will not let what you say come to past and speak not the actions which caused your death. I thought you were a good man coming crying and pleading on your knees to save you and your neighbors but instead the Griffons were the ones needing help against you. I sealed their fate with my actions but their deaths were caused by you. I won't let your trickery or anyone else's affect me again. Now begone foul shade and torment me no longer"

"oh but Stana" said Zyrath while smiling "you know i am no shade. Zyrath rots in the underworld as you very well know and i am of your creation. I am the embodiment of every one of your failures that constantly play on your mind. You know that so well yet you refuse to admit it. I am part of you and will remind you of your failures and soon to me failures for eternity." Zyrath then faded away leaving nothing
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:44 pm

Bentus wrote:Confusion ran across Ornara’s face, she couldn’t figure out where Hahvulon was going with all this. Moments ago he had been talking of war with the Elders, and now he seemed to be reminiscing on the power of, love? Ornara’s features darkened slightly, even though she kept her demeanour befitting the Queen of the Dark Pantheon. I see. It was true that Brynja’s domain held great power and influence, almost certainly more than the Goddess herself had been willing to exert. Ornara once again felt a pang of rising jealousy at the thought of the Goddess of Beauty, what did Hahvulon mean by saying that she had defeated him? Ornara stopped that train of thought, it was none of her business! She was going to be a loyal companion to Hahvulon – it was the least that she could do after he had placed so much trust in her. He said that it was their companionship that set them apart from the Elder Pantheon, and so Ornara resolved to do nothing to jeopardise it.

The Goddess looked up at her King, her eyes steeled with determination. “Hahvulon, you are right. We, Ishtarte and Morse’lim are united by a desire to change this world; with all of us together, there is no way that the Elders would be able to –“

She was cut off as suddenly Hahvulon wrapped his arms around her, drawing her towards him. Before she could do anything, Ornara felt his lips press against hers. She stood like that, eyes wide with shock as she struggled to react. She felt a flood of warmth spreading throughout her body, her nerves screaming in ecstasy as she realised what was happening. All the dams and walls which Ornara had constructed to hold back her emotions burst, shattered by sudden impassioned embrace. The Goddess closed her eyes, savouring the touch before she threw her own arms around the King, pressing herself even tighter against him. After what seemed a blissful eternity, she pulled her head away from his, her eyes staring deep into his own.

“Hahvulon.” She managed, her limbs almost shaking from joy. “I don’t want you to be the King. I want you to be my King.”

Hahvulon smiled happily, pulling the goddess closer and kissing her harder. He felt a twang of fear emanating form her, the rare type of fear he was unable to produce. This was the type of fear caused by an emotion that was also able to take it away. He wrapped his arms around her, lifting her off of the ground.

"I shall be," he said, resting his forehead against hers, "if you shall be my Queen, my love."

The God of Fear had always known that there was a special bond between Ornara and himself. Finally, that bond came to fruition.

Bill Weld 2020

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:45 am

Woe to he who would provoke the ire of the Goddess, for she is quick to anger and slow to forgive.

~ Ruminations of a Hedonist ~

As the sun set upon the lands of Aracia Ishtarte the Liberator made her return to her new mortal kingdom from her Hellish realm in the Maelstrom. Wherever the red eyes of the Goddess of Chaos gazed she saw the people she had made hers suffer the aftermath of an onslaught of a tidal wave of divine making and apocalyptic nature.

She gazed upon Nyashapour the Golden and saw that its magnificent impregnable double walls where now more, washed away by the impact of the wave, its citizens drowned in their thousands as their walls that had stood for a thousand years resisting every invasion and foe bade the Nyashanpourani submit, crumbled before their eyes. She saw the survivors of the dying city fleeing inland to those of their latifundia in the lush Nyashani countryside that still stood, seeking shelter and safety, cursing the cruel fate that had befallen them.

She gazed upon Ishfankhar the Proud and saw thats its mighty navy that had made its citizens lords and masters of the eastern sea was no more, for it lay smashed and broken on the bottom of the sea, under the island of Zanabhahr, washes clean of all life with even the grand pentacle drawn in dark powder by the warlocks of Ishtarte washed away. She saw that the city, as well as its satellite of Gorghabad, lay in ruin. Its great ports, the source of its wealth and prestige, was no more, its markets, where goods from half the known world was traded by merchants of a thousand nations, was no more and its shipyards, where it constructed its galleys and galleasses, cogs and carracks, dhows and dromons, was no more.

But above all Ishtarte gazed upon Matherion the Mighty, Jewel of Aracia and capital of Ishtarte's new empire, for even this her greatest city was not spared by the tidal wave. The city was in chaos and for once Ishtarte had not willed it so and as she watched the might of the city that had, however briefly, been her dwelling in the mortal world, fading away and its glory seizing to be the Goddess of Chaos was for once absent mirth and jests. For she was angered.

Hovering above Aracia like a terribly dark fiend, casting a shadow on the land that blocked out the sun itself Ishtarte gazed at the chaos bellow her, feeling how her powers had receded as her believers died by their hundreds and their thousands and their tens or hundred of thousands. Then her lieutenant Baal appeared before her. "Goddess, your spies report that Vardaelia has made her move against Selena." The fallen angel declared.

For a moment the Goddess of Chaos did not answer, still hovering above her kingdom her face for once without a smile and her mouth without a laughter. Then she shrugged off the sufferings of her people and dissipated in the air.

A moment later she materialized once more in her dragon form flying above the surface of the moon. The dragon, larger then ever before as Ishtarte on the moon, far from mortal eyes, made no attempt to appear to respect those boring laws of physics that applied to those parts of creation not of a divine nature. "Greetings moonshine." The Dragon cheerfully roared at the barren rock Selena for inexplicable reasons had a fondness for. "Ready to be spanked by our most illustrious overlord the Tree?" Ishtarte jested.
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:11 pm

The Goddess laughed as Hahvulon lifted her into the air. She felt giddy, watching the events unfold as if they were occurring to someone else. Her mind seemed to revert itself to simple emotion and sensation, overwhelmed as it was by joy.

“Yes.” Ornara answered, breathlessly and without hesitation. “From now unto forever, yes!” She had once again shut her eyes, focusing on the feeling of Hahvulon’s arms pulling her tight and of his head and body pressed against her own. Ornara thought of all the times she had stood next to the God, times when they had called each other friend, and how she had longed for him to embrace her as he did so now. The Goddess didn’t want to open her eyes and look, lest the action banish the illusion that her mind had undoubtedly crafted. Ornara’s thoughts revolved around bliss and fulfilment. Her chest alternated wildly between wanting to cry out at Hahvulon having allowed her to doubt and fear, and a desire to once again find his lips with her own. War and pain and suffering seemed impossibly distant and inconsequential next to Ornara’s happiness. The actions and desires of the Elders seemed inadequate and pathetic next to the deep-rooted yearning of Ornara’s heart.

Suddenly, she pulled away – although kept her arms resting upon Hahvulon’s own. “Hahvulon, there is something that I have to tell you.” The Goddess’ voice had lost its earlier tone, and instead sounded blunt and direct in comparison. The action pained Ornara, but she forced herself keep her eyes focused on the God’s. “Things have happened recently – escalations that you may not know about.” Her determination wavered, a voice in the back of Ornara’s mind wailed at her words, pleading with her to hold her tongue lest she lose what she had just gained. She took a deep breath, compelling herself to action while she still had the opportunity.

“The Aracians attacked with a fleet, they butchered and maimed in the name of the Stel-Natians who had lulled the Akeanians with their false-promises of peace.” Ornara’s voice had become rapid, as if trying to explain her actions before Hahvulon could pass judgement. “I was so angry – I didn’t know what else to do.” The Goddess stopped herself, realising that she wasn’t making sense. She once again looked into Hahvulon’s eyes, trying to predict how he would react. “I attacked the fleet, sinking their vessels and lashed out at the port which had supplied them.” The devastated coastline behind the pair suddenly became a grim testament to the rage that had gripped the Goddess. “Mira tried to stop me, but I pushed her away.” There was a bitterness in Ornara's voice - an anger even. “And something happened to one of the mortals; he was possessed by a spirit claiming to be Caelum.” She continued hastily, “But that can’t be, surely?” He died. How could it have been him?
Last edited by Bentus on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Bentus wrote:The Goddess laughed as Hahvulon lifted her into the air. She felt giddy, watching the events unfold as if they were occurring to someone else. Her mind seemed to revert itself to simple emotion and sensation, overwhelmed as it was by joy.

“Yes.” Ornara answered, breathlessly and without hesitation. “From now unto forever, yes!” She had once again shut her eyes, focusing on the feeling of Hahvulon’s arms pulling her tight and of his head and body pressed against her own. Ornara thought of all the times she had stood next to the God, times when they had called each other friend, and how she had longed for him to embrace her as he did so now. The Goddess didn’t want to open her eyes and look, lest the action banish the illusion that her mind had undoubtedly crafted. Ornara’s thoughts revolved around bliss and fulfilment. Her chest alternated wildly between wanting to cry out at Hahvulon having allowed her to doubt and fear, and a desire to once again find his lips with her own. War and pain and suffering seemed impossibly distant and inconsequential next to Ornara’s happiness. The actions and desires of the Elders seemed inadequate and pathetic next to the deep-rooted yearning of Ornara’s heart.

Suddenly, she pulled away – although kept her arms resting upon Hahvulon’s own. “Hahvulon, there is something that I have to tell you.” The Goddess’ voice had lost its earlier tone, and instead sounded blunt and direct in comparison. The action pained Ornara, but she forced herself keep her eyes focused on the God’s. “Things have happened recently – escalations that you may not know about.” Her determination wavered, a voice in the back of Ornara’s mind wailed at her words, pleading with her to hold her tongue lest she lose what she had just gained. She took a deep breath, compelling herself to action while she still had the opportunity.

“The Aracians attacked with a fleet, they butchered and maimed in the name of the Stel-Natians who had lulled the Akeanians with their false-promises of peace.” Ornara’s voice had become rapid, as if trying to explain her actions before Hahvulon could pass judgement. “I was so angry – I didn’t know what else to do.” The Goddess stopped herself, realising that she wasn’t making sense. She once again looked into Hahvulon’s eyes, trying to predict how he would react. “I attacked the fleet, sinking their vessels and lashed out at the port which had supplied them.” The devastated coastline behind the pair suddenly became a grim testament to the rage that had gripped the Goddess. “Mira tried to stop me, but I pushed her away.” There was a bitterness in Ornara's voice - an anger even. “And something happened to one of the mortals; he was possessed by a spirit claiming to be Caelum.” She continued hastily, “But that can’t be, surely?” He died. How could it have been him?

Hahvulon continued to hold her aloft as he thought about what she had just told him. His mind churned the words over and over in his head, trying to wrap his mind around this. Of course Caelum was alive, how else would the old man have it? Hahvulon sighed, a type of sigh that's indistinguishable.

"Knowing Caelum," he began, trying to keep his reserve as he spoke of his father, "It's entirely possible. He would have likely planned for his death so that the world would not be without the sun. I completely condone your actions, they attacked and you defended. This child, though. If there is even a chance that he is my father reborn, we must protect him."

Bill Weld 2020

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:56 am

Ornara felt her heart once again flutter at Caelum’s words, a sense of self-vindication and relief at the lack of the feared refutation. She thought, and perhaps for the first time allowed herself to believe, that Caelum would truly stand always by her side, offering his support and companionship. In light of her sister’s betrayal and the revelation of where her true loyalties lay, Ornara hadn’t realised quite how much hope she had pinned upon the God’s view of her. And yet, her mind was plagued by memories of the encounter with the being that had inhabited that Stel-Natian – whatever it may have been. Maliciously, thoughts of the coming and ongoing conflicts wormed their way back to the fore of her consciousness as Hahvulon’s features hardened as he mentioned his father.

Ornara opened her mouth to tell Hahvulon everything, but something lodged the words in her throat and caused her to hold her tongue. “Of course.” She had no idea what she was doing, the words pouring forth before she had a chance to reign them in. “If it truly is your father, then we have to ensure that the child does not fall into the grips of the Elders lest they try to corrupt him.” Ornara’s voice was sincere and heartfelt. “If anyone could restore peace and force them back into line, then it would surely be Caelum. Although, I don’t know how I could help with the search – my influence within Stel-Natian lands is almost non-existence as they persecute my followers under the pretext of the war.”

The Goddess felt a slight pit of unease in her stomach. Why had she said that? Why had she felt so compelled not to tell Hahvulon that she was already searching for the child? Ornara smiled at the God, holding his head in her hands – was she trying to draw his attention away from her earlier words? She didn’t know. “If we find your father, we will protect him like he protected us and the world. But if we do not, then his responsibilities would fall to you: his son.” Ornara leaned in, moving one of her hands down Hahvulon’s chest. “Someone must ensure balance and peace between the Gods in this time of crisis. Caelum left you with that destiny, it’s what he would have wanted you to achieve.” With that, Ornara kissed Hahvulon, deeply and passionately – refusing to acknowledge the doubts ringing in the back of her mind.

Ornara’s Palace

Ornara paced nervously up and down the hall, her footsteps echoing loudly in the wide chamber while her face was contorted with anxiety. The creatures that usually roamed the palace openly seemed to keep a respectable berth from the Goddess, who was so greatly consumed with her own thoughts, while the constant sound of a trickling waterfall provided the only backing to her distress.

“No, no, no. Why did I say that? Why didn’t I tell him the truth? He’s going to find out and he’s going to think that I deliberately misled him.” Ornara’s voice was pained and saturated by her frayed nerves as her train of thought seemed to wind her deeper into despair. “He’ll think that I betrayed him and used him – he’d never want to look at me again!” The Goddess was despondent at the thought of having finally discovering that her feelings for Hahvulon were reciprocated, only to have them torn from her grasp. Zrixith lounged lazily on a divan overlooking the submerged portion of the great hall, absent-mindedly admiring the hardened exoskeleton that enveloped her forearms and extended out into her sharp, pointed claws. Her legs dangled idly over the end of the furnishing, comfortably stretching out along its length.

Naturally, she wasn’t there physically and was merely projecting an illusion of herself into Ornara’s own mind – but there was still something satisfactory of imagining oneself making use of the luxuries available to those in power. For years, Zrixith had remained satisfyingly withdrawn from creation within the recesses of their shared mind, but in recent times had been becoming far more liberal and active in the world around her. The world simply seemed to be becoming so much more interesting those days: the death of the King-God, a possible war between pantheons. The Goddess felt that it would be such a waste to simply remain withdrawn in an age of such excitement. She had escaped from the constant self-doubt that was so incessantly loud in Ornara’s mind by projecting herself in the hall, but it was only after much effort that she had been able to block out the persistently irritating pacing and vocal whining from her companion.

Ornara turned on Zrixith sharply, her brows furrowed and obviously upset. “Well? What do you think that I should do? I have to tell him, he’d find out eventually anyway and if I tell him perhaps he’d understand that it was all just a simple misunderstanding and won’t think any worse of me.”

Obviously, Zrixith must not have heard Ornara asking earlier judging by her companion’s posture. Still, the Goddess of Monsters sighed deeply, repressing an irritation at being drawn away from her self-satisfying veneration of her own sharpened digits. Honestly, if Ornara was so quick to answer her own questions, why did she insist on troubling Zrixith at all?

“Of course you shouldn’t tell him.” Zrixith scoffed, “Do not be so naïve and infantile – you forget that Caelum is Hahvulon’s father.”

Ornara wanted to launch into a rebuke, but found Zrixith readily putting voice to her own entrenched concerns. “What would you suggest then? I can’t not tell him. When Hahvulon finds out on his own he’d –“

Zrixith’s laugh interrupted Ornara midsentence. “For pity’s sake, why are you so insistent on his finding out? Who would tell him, hmm? You? I certainly hope not, for both of our sakes.” Zrixith sighed as she saw Ornara’s confused look, swinging herself around to sit upright upon the divan. “Must I spell it all out? Ishtarte and Morse’lim are now subservient to us, and now would not risk testing their word against our own if they tried to say something to Hahvulon. As for the Elders, soon we shall be at war and their word will lose all meaning in the eyes of your dearest. As long as you remember to keep your mouth shut and don’t attempt anything too foolish, then there is no reason that our King needs to know.”

Ornara felt the lump forming in her stomach as she considered Zrixith’s words. She was right, but still the idea repulsed her – it felt wrong. “I don’t know… Perhaps if I tell him we could work together? Then it would be far easier for us to find this child in the first place anyway.”

Zrixith scowled. “And then what? What happens if it does truly turn out to be Caelum reborn upon the Earth?”

“Then we’d take him in and ensure that he is protected from the Elders until he is old enough to once again join us as equals.”

Unable to maintain her serious demeanour, Zrixith burst into hysteria, clutching at her sides. She had to wipe away a tear as she quizzically observed that Ornara was not sharing in the hilarity of that scenario. “Oh sweet heavens you are being deathly serious, aren’t you? Ornara, we cannot allow that child to live.”

Ornara staggered backwards in shock. “What?! Zrixith, how could you say such a thing! It’s Caelum, Hahvulon’s father – remember? You’re talking nonsense.”

“No, I’m talking reasonably. Has it really only taken this long for you to forget the man who sat upon the throne? Do you truly not realise how he would react were he to discover what you have done?” Zrixith pointed a shelled finger at the Goddess as she continued. “And do not forget that he is reborn as a Stel-Natian – what exactly do you think this child will do upon gaining mastery of his powers? I most certainly doubt that it would involve mercy to the invaders of his homeland. And then there rises the issue of what he would do to his rebellious son – the one that is tearing apart all that which he worked so hard to create.” Zrixith spoke straight at Ornara as her heart was gripped by fear at the prospect. Surely Caelum wouldn’t harm Hahvulon? But then this child would not really be Caelum would it?

Zrixith leaned back, knowing that she had achieved a coup. “For Hahvulon’s own sake, he mustn’t know about this. He wouldn’t understand and he would try to stop us; but that child has to die – even if Hahvulon doesn’t recognise the necessity.”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Kaoiluja wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
I'm

"It's the least I can do, considering the trouble I have caused you. You owe me nothing." He paused for a moment, then sighed. He sat upon a dark stone rock on the bottom of the sea. Even after he had helped her, he could not push aside the thought of how much of a disappointment he had been to her in what felt like mere minutes ago. The darkness that raged forth within him had shown its ugly head, and at best he had looked like a fool. At worst, he had looked like a tyrant."I am truly sorry for my actions. For everything. I know that I caused more harm than good by reacting the way I did. In the end, it is I who owes you."

"Oh Lodav..." she said quietly, "You need not apologize. You need not be sorry. You've simply been yourself. Where there might be an ideal world somewhere in which gods do not fight over anything and petty feuds are simply ignored, we do not live there. These things happen, and no matter how much one may try, they will never stop completely. That, I suppose, is my purpose. To help stop these fights from growing. It is not you that has failed, you have simply been yourself." she sighed, "I am the true failure. I quest to keep the peace and stability, and yet for all I try, the situation simply worsens. Now everything is at stake and I can't muster the strength to even try..." as she said this, the sea seemed to once again darken, reflecting her mood as it has been so far. It was clear she was about to relapse.

(I'm so sorry about being late recently, and this 4-day streak is just awful on my part...)

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:58 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Kaoiluja wrote:

"Oh Lodav..." she said quietly, "You need not apologize. You need not be sorry. You've simply been yourself. Where there might be an ideal world somewhere in which gods do not fight over anything and petty feuds are simply ignored, we do not live there. These things happen, and no matter how much one may try, they will never stop completely. That, I suppose, is my purpose. To help stop these fights from growing. It is not you that has failed, you have simply been yourself." she sighed, "I am the true failure. I quest to keep the peace and stability, and yet for all I try, the situation simply worsens. Now everything is at stake and I can't muster the strength to even try..." as she said this, the sea seemed to once again darken, reflecting her mood as it has been so far. It was clear she was about to relapse.

(I'm so sorry about being late recently, and this 4-day streak is just awful on my part...)

"Don't say that. You could only do so much, and you have done all you can given the circumstances. We mustn't wallow in self pity. Peace does not always come willingly after all. Sometimes it must be taken back through strife and conflict, but in the end it always comes." He stood, and looked to her with a furrowed brow, his inner self in thought. "It's strange. Why am i talking to you of these things? I Have barely been around you in the past millenia. I cannot explain why, but that doesn't keep me from thinking how easy it is to talk to you." After a pause, he looked away quickly, refusing to look her in the eye for reasons he knew not. Lodav hated to look like he was so fragile. He was Keeper of the Law, commander of the armies of the heavens. He did not idly sit and reminisce over his emotions like an insecure youth. And yet here he was, as sentimental as any. "Do you find it strange?" He mumbled softly.
Last edited by Kaoiluja on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:18 am

Hahvulon had traveled to the Kingdom of Caepire after his fling with Ornara, which had been on his mind the entire trip. As he arrived, he had to push the thoughts aside for the moment. Hahvulon had to focus on the mission at hand, and the wonderful thoughts of his Queen would distract him too much. He'd allow his mind to return to her after.

Hahvulon had been walking behind guards in his elven form. They were taking him to King Mystrus, unaware that they were leading the God of Fear and Nightmares to the King of the Caelum Vampires.

"Your Majesty," one said, "A man has come to speak with you, saying he has news of the god Caelum."
"Please speak." Mystrus said to Hahvulon.

Hahvulon nodded, changing into his godly form. The guards left the room in fear as the god returned to his vampiric-elven form.

"Mystrus," Hahvulon began, "I ask that you return your loyalties to me, because I need the Kingdom of Caepire to perform a task of great importance. You are friends of the Storm Elves, having alliances with them. The knowledge has come to me that there is a child. This child possibly carries the spirit and power of Caelum within him. I want my Father's vessel safe, and so I wish that you find and protect this child within Caepire. What say you?"

"My Lord, Hahvulon, blessed be our father," King Mystrus began, "You understand why we abandoned the worship of the Dark Pantheon, I am sure. We have never abandoned you, though. We have felt the changes in nature, the Dark Pantheon has gained strength. We fear war is about to break loose. While our cousins, the Harkon Vampires, will likely fight along other mortals, we will will not. We will remain neutral and worship whichever Pantheon remains. We will, however, keep this child safe should we find him."

Hahvulon nodded and left, smiling. A few hours later he met all of the Vampiric Nobles in a the Dreamscape, telling them that they were to hunt for the child and turn him over to the Kingdom of Caepire should they find him.

Bill Weld 2020

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:33 am

Kaoiluja wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

"Don't say that. You could only do so much, and you have done all you can given the circumstances. We mustn't wallow in self pity. Peace does not always come willingly after all. Sometimes it must be taken back through strife and conflict, but in the end it always comes." He stood, and looked to her with a furrowed brow, his inner self in thought. "It's strange. Why am i talking to you of these things? I Have barely been around you in the past millenia. I cannot explain why, but that doesn't keep me from thinking how easy it is to talk to you." After a pause, he looked away quickly, refusing to look her in the eye for reasons he knew not. Lodav hated to look like he was so fragile. He was Keeper of the Law, commander of the armies of the heavens. He did not idly sit and reminisce over his emotions like an insecure youth. And yet here he was, as sentimental as any. "Do you find it strange?" He mumbled softly.

"I suppose not..." she replied, "Many speak to me of their troubles, and all have feelings. I suppose it is only a matter of time until all the gods have come to me. I try to be as open as I can, and all are always welcome to my own realm, so my final answer is no. I don't find it strange. Perhaps...unlikely, but I am always glad to offer my assistance." she ended her reply, starting to reflect on this. She usually was glad to offer her assistance, and yet she'd instead succumb to emotion and fallen from her previous grace, what little she had left after Caelum's death. She could not decide, then, whether she should feel bad for failing to fulfill her duties or whether she should feel better, knowing she had always been there to help people, and that she enjoyed doing so.

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:39 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Kaoiluja wrote:

"I suppose not..." she replied, "Many speak to me of their troubles, and all have feelings. I suppose it is only a matter of time until all the gods have come to me. I try to be as open as I can, and all are always welcome to my own realm, so my final answer is no. I don't find it strange. Perhaps...unlikely, but I am always glad to offer my assistance." she ended her reply, starting to reflect on this. She usually was glad to offer her assistance, and yet she'd instead succumb to emotion and fallen from her previous grace, what little she had left after Caelum's death. She could not decide, then, whether she should feel bad for failing to fulfill her duties or whether she should feel better, knowing she had always been there to help people, and that she enjoyed doing so.

Lodav was not sure what to say at first. He could tell that she did not understand how significant the situation was. Some might call Lodav disconnected from others, but that would be an understatement. He hardly shared anything about himself with anyone. He was a lone soldier, seemingly incapable of attachment to anyone for fear that they would prove to be nothing more than another corrupted fiend waiting to take advantage of him. He was illogical in this way, for by doing this he allowed himself to further worsen his own state. He was compassionate yes, and his heart was always in the right place, but he also harbored a sad and rejected nature within him that kept him from being close to anyone. But here he was, somehow breaking that trend all together by opening up to the sea goddess. "Well then, I'm glad we could help each other." Was all he could think to say.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse