NATION

PASSWORD

A New Creation (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:42 pm

JRolo wrote:
JRolo wrote:As Omar and his army rested in the Rashtynzan Capital, Arnen began the next part of his plan. Janna lay across the water, and they had no god. While Selena prized the city, the inhabitants knew not of her. It would be easy enough to convince them that he was their ruler. However, if Selena were to notice his doings, Arnen would be stopped.
Flying across the gulf, Arnen appeared in the city. Just saying he was their ruler would not be enough. He would have to give them a reason to trust him.
He gave the people visions of goodness, and riches, and how Arnen was the one responsible. He gave historians in the city ideas of how the city came to be this way. "'Tis only luck," he said, in disguise. "Luck and cleverness are how we are here today. Who else to gift us this great city other than the god of luck? Arnen is the one responsible. We should thank him." As the days went by Arnen planted these lies and seeds. It didn't matter if they believed him yet - if Arnen were to show himself, surely they would turn to him. They knew not that everything was actually Selena's doing, and Arnen could step up and take responsibility easily. They loved their close connection to the gods. It had even turned them arrogant. However, Arnen stayed away from the fairies and the Fountain of Youth. They might cause trouble. Arnen also couldn't approach the Citadel. While Arnen, being a god, was powerful enough to breach the outer wall, he could not enter the second set of walls around the Citadel. Selena's magic kept him out. As the days went on and ideas of Arnen were planted, Arnen grew ready to reveal himself. If they did not believe hie lies, a full appearance would surely convince them. And then, he would have the richest and most powerful city in the world.

As he did this, he wondered. Why would he even deceive the other gods? The answer came shortly. Arnen wanted attention. The other gods mostly left Arnen alone, like a child you put in the corner. He had rejoiced when he had been invited to the Dark Pantheon, but even then he wasn't taken seriously. Enough followers and power, and I can take over the realms and other gods. I will be powerful. I am no toy, no god to be messed with, to laugh at.

I will rule.

It was time. The deception of Janna was now.
That day, Arnen revealed himself to the people. He appeared as a majestic human in front of all of the people, floating in the sky with a booming voice. "My people, he said. "It is I, Arnen, the highest of all the gods. I have come to return to you, to return to the city I created. Arnen looked down at the people, all staring at him, wide-eyed. He then prepared for Selena or another god returning. Allow me to tell you my story.
In the beginning, I was a friend to mankind, building this city and the others around the world. You, citizens of Janna, were in my most majestic of all the cities. I could control luck, and gave good fortune to all who followed me.
But then, the others gods got jealous. False and evil gods, such as Ashur, Hahvulon, and the evilest of them all, Selena. They tried to destroy you, and in my last act I built the walls around the city. Now, those walls have prevented you from seeing me again. You have strayed from what I wanted you to be! Open the gates, and let Janna prosper again! Let my bless you!

As Arnen spoke, Omar flew a fleet of small ships into the bay. Not a lot, considering how they had nearly lost at Rashtynza, but enough to control the population if they rebelled once the gates were opened. They also carried a hefty amount of gold from the Rashtynzan Emperor's quarters. T

Open the gates! My followers are outside, and they bring my riches, riches you too can have! Follow me and you will be blessed! All you have to do is open the gates to the magnificent world I have for you.
As Arnen finished, he waited for the response. Surely they would follow him without any other god intervening. Even if a god did intervene, Arnen was prepared. He had been telling lies to the city for a while, and now that they saw Arnen in the flesh, it would take much to change their minds.
Almost there, almost there...

From her position on high, Selena saw all this and more. When the Aleans had first embarked on their journey of conquest, she had let it go.

Meddling in the affairs of mortals is more trouble than it's worth. But this...how dare he!

Selena reached deep inside herself, seeking sections of her power that had scarce been used for generations. Down, in the city of Janna, a massive shockwave boomed forth as countless magical runes and hidden leylines were woken from their sleep, flaring forth with indomitable power. Like the sun breaking across the horizon in the early moments of dawn, a massive sphere of energy rose from the walls, arcing upwards towards the body of Arnen.

Centuries ago, when these wards had first been lain, their purpose was to protect. Now, as the great shimmering barrier rose for the first time since its creation, Selena expanded upon that purpose. Fueled by her anger, she twisted the runes she had once drawn, adding additional layers and building new functionality into existing ones, giving the great barrier an altogether more sinister purpose. Great arcs of lightning shot forth, converging upon the city's greatest threat at the moment: Arnen, the invading god. Paralyzed by the massive discharge of power, he had no choice but to watch as he was enclosed within the barrier, floating in a great white ball thousands of feet in the air.

Her quarry caught and her task complete, Selena descended from the moon, shrouding it behind herself as she went. Stopping in front of Arnen's prison, she spoke for all to hear.

"WHAT DOST THOU THINK THOU ART DOING? HOW DARE THEE TRY AND CLAIM WHAT I HAD BUILT! FOR CENTURIES, WE TOLERATED YOU AND LEFT THOU IN PEACE, ONLY FOR YOU TO DO THIS! EXPLAIN THYSELF AT ONCE!"
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:22 pm

A pretty lie is better then an ugly truth, the goddess teaches us.

~ Apocryphal saying attributed to Lilithu the Prophetess ~

Chaos, the infinite primeval void, the formless and ever changing element, the undefinable and eternal force amidst and beyond the world, was unleashed upon the mortal world in those days. Throughout the realms it reigned unchallenged and unchecked. In Rashtynza and the Corrupted Lands, and now even in Janna, the false god Arnen sowed it in his wake, upsetting and destroying the existing structures of those lands. In Marisaire a torrent of chaotic energy was unleashed by the onslaught of the Akeans on that kingdom and in Aracia the old order and lost gods fell before the might of the One True Goddess. For on the chaos she, and she alone, had unleashed upon the world she thrived and she perceived the world was ripe for her ultimate ascendancy.

Ishtarte chuckled as she wrote down the words on the marble floor of the Temple of the Lost Gods, pleased with her story. She was fortunate to have entered the mortal plane in an age when being the Goddess of Chaos was an easy gig. From the old temple's great hall she could hear the disorder and chaos unfold in Matherion the Fair now that the city, grudgingly had submitted to her overlordship. Already, cheering with gusto, Ishtarte could feel her power grow as some, few, of the inhabitants of the city accepted her as their god. And from none did she feel a greater surge of power then from Sarabian the young shepherd, whose presence she felt as keenly as that of a god or great angel as he entered the temple.

Being a Lilithuvian became the boyish Aracian well. He had not yet served Ishtarte for half a day an already he seemed a more confident and dominant young man then the boy Ishtarte had found on the mountain of Iziduntarik. Quickly the youth rushed towards the divan on which Ishtarte was lazily reclining as general Ortzel assembled the army of Lilithuvian Aracia for conquests and war. Sarabian bowed deeply before Ishtarte's divan a great smile on his lips. "Goddess the city is yours. Only the monk mortificant you struck down and a few of his brothers of that order dares speak against you." The youth spoke.

Ishtarte giggled gleefully at him and in her excitement she changed her form into one of her most seductive and inviting ones, disposing of but the most minimal amount of clothing. "Fabulous!" She declared, winking at her young protege. "I could not have done it without you Sarabian, how can I possibly repay you?" She spoke, her voice filled with lust and innuendo.

The boy blushed, looking down at his feet rather then at Ishtarte's lush scantily clad form. "Your Holiness promised me the love of Chorneliah Soupadh, I ask for nothing more." The blushing youth mumbled, his naive dreams of his loved one permeating his entire being so much that Ishtarte for a moment felt no belief or faith of his strengthen her. She smirked and nodded slowly. "Only because I have always been a sucker for romance and puppy love then." She spoke coyly, getting up from her divan, stretching her voluptuous body to remind her young servant of whom he should love the most.

"Listen carefully." She spoke. "The city is in chaos, and in chaos there is opportunity. Chaos is the just and righteous force for change and progress. Right this moment the social mores of your culture has been suspended as the entire city is in awe at my presence. The father of your beloved Pourandh Soupadh is busy elsewhere and his mansion is left undefended. Go there at once and you will find no guard to deny you entry and hold you from this fair maiden of yours." Sarabian nodded eagerly and spun to leave the temple to run as fast as he possibly could to the Soupadh manor. But Ishtarte was not done and as the boy spun around he found Ishtarte already waiting for him at the temple gates. "Go to her then and take her while none will be present to impose pitiful social mores on you. You will enjoy, I hope, the act of lovemaking." Ishtarte said.

The boy turned red as a tomato and looked away from Ishtarte in shock. "No." He whispered. "No, no, you misunderstand me. I do not want to dishonor her. Once she and I love one another I will convince her father to accept our marriage." The boy spoke. Ishtarte rolled her eyes in response. It seemed she had got her hands on another self tormenting puritan. "Boooring." She promptly declared. "What can possibly posses a healthy young man to harbor reservations about laying with a fair maiden? Now you are reminding me terribly of Samael, he might spew such nonsense as well."

Sarabian humbly nodded, but then he said; "Perhaps my Goddess, but it is not her maidenhead but her affections I desire that you grant me." He asked. Throwing her head back Ishtarte began to laugh loudly and without restraint. "Oh you stupid stupid boy." She spoke as she managed to get her burst of amusement under control. "I have no power to grant you her heart, her free will is as precious to me as yours, silly." Ishtarte declared. "What I grant you is to lay with her. I will keep her father and her brothers and her mother and her guards away while you take your pleasures from her. Once you have had her a couple of times you will feel much better and your "love" of her will recede. So go now, she is unguarded and undefended. You can have her now if you please."

Sarabian's face, just moments before practically glowing with happiness and joy turned grey as ash while Ishtarte spoke. His eyes radiating his affections moments before gazed at the goddess in shock that was then replaced with grief. "You lied to me?" He asked, stunned at the revelation. Ishtarte shrugged indifferently. "I grant you her body, what more do you want? Luuuve ... Spare me, don't be so naive, that emotion doesn't exist." Looking down on her heartbroken protege Ishtarte saw how the grief in his eyes turned to hate. She shrugged again, now, ironically, she felt a flow of power towards her. "Since you have been so loyal to me I will compensate you. You asked for one nubile maiden. I grant you seventy two." Ishtarte said, stamping her foot in the floor whereby seventy two houries appeared in the temple.

As they surrounded Sarabian, brushing their naked bodies against him he still stared at Ishtarte with grief in his eyes. With a sigh she leaned down towards him planting a kiss on his forehead. "Oh cheer up my little friend. You are my chosen one. Ortzel Qaren may think he is to be king of Aracia but it is you, and only you, that is my chosen one. I shall teach you to conjure demonic armies to fight your enemies, I shall grant you eternal life, I shall shower you in wealth unimaginable and make you lord over the whole world. If that will not make your beloved fall for you then you shall still have her as a concubine if you pleases." Ishtarte said.

Still the eyes of the boy seemed dead and full of sorrow. Ishtarte sighed. But then she shrugged. There really was no way of pleasing some people she decided, leaving her heartbroken chosen one to wallow in his sorrow in the arms of his houries. Mortals, Ishtarte thought shaking her head.

~*~

Samael lay in wait with Helel floating unseen above him as a group of refugees departed the Rashtynzan capital. The group, a ragtag assembly of battered soldiers, wore the livery of Rashtynzan soldiers so Samael gestured quietly for Helel to fly out and scout the surrounding countryside for more Alean soldiers. Then he stepped forth towards the soldiers. "Hello there." He called out at the escaping soldiers. "On the orders of the first column of the Rashtynzan Resistance, identify yourselves soldiers." Samael demanded.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:12 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:-snip-

Vardaelia had heard and she would not fail to answer. Her authority, power and the relative sovereignty of the Earth were being challenged, by Arnen, of all people. There, before Janna, a great tree sprang up, reaching towards the heavens. From it, bountiful fruit hung as it grew taller and taller, soon reaching Selena and the imprisoned Arnen. And from it appeared Vardaelia, her features angry. "You dare to call yourselves highest of the gods, to try and convert the patron city of a goddess with your words. You have gone too far, the troops of your kingdom have gone too far now. Do not think I have not noticed what those under your direct influence have done. And so, I shall let Selena, and her loyal followers prescribe the punishment." she said, nodding towards Selena, and taking a step back.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

JRolo
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby JRolo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:17 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
JRolo wrote:
It was time. The deception of Janna was now.
That day, Arnen revealed himself to the people. He appeared as a majestic human in front of all of the people, floating in the sky with a booming voice. "My people, he said. "It is I, Arnen, the highest of all the gods. I have come to return to you, to return to the city I created. Arnen looked down at the people, all staring at him, wide-eyed. He then prepared for Selena or another god returning. Allow me to tell you my story.
In the beginning, I was a friend to mankind, building this city and the others around the world. You, citizens of Janna, were in my most majestic of all the cities. I could control luck, and gave good fortune to all who followed me.
But then, the others gods got jealous. False and evil gods, such as Ashur, Hahvulon, and the evilest of them all, Selena. They tried to destroy you, and in my last act I built the walls around the city. Now, those walls have prevented you from seeing me again. You have strayed from what I wanted you to be! Open the gates, and let Janna prosper again! Let my bless you!

As Arnen spoke, Omar flew a fleet of small ships into the bay. Not a lot, considering how they had nearly lost at Rashtynza, but enough to control the population if they rebelled once the gates were opened. They also carried a hefty amount of gold from the Rashtynzan Emperor's quarters. T

Open the gates! My followers are outside, and they bring my riches, riches you too can have! Follow me and you will be blessed! All you have to do is open the gates to the magnificent world I have for you.
As Arnen finished, he waited for the response. Surely they would follow him without any other god intervening. Even if a god did intervene, Arnen was prepared. He had been telling lies to the city for a while, and now that they saw Arnen in the flesh, it would take much to change their minds.
Almost there, almost there...

From her position on high, Selena saw all this and more. When the Aleans had first embarked on their journey of conquest, she had let it go.

Meddling in the affairs of mortals is more trouble than it's worth. But this...how dare he!

Selena reached deep inside herself, seeking sections of her power that had scarce been used for generations. Down, in the city of Janna, a massive shockwave boomed forth as countless magical runes and hidden leylines were woken from their sleep, flaring forth with indomitable power. Like the sun breaking across the horizon in the early moments of dawn, a massive sphere of energy rose from the walls, arcing upwards towards the body of Arnen.

Centuries ago, when these wards had first been lain, their purpose was to protect. Now, as the great shimmering barrier rose for the first time since its creation, Selena expanded upon that purpose. Fueled by her anger, she twisted the runes she had once drawn, adding additional layers and building new functionality into existing ones, giving the great barrier an altogether more sinister purpose. Great arcs of lightning shot forth, converging upon the city's greatest threat at the moment: Arnen, the invading god. Paralyzed by the massive discharge of power, he had no choice but to watch as he was enclosed within the barrier, floating in a great white ball thousands of feet in the air.

Her quarry caught and her task complete, Selena descended from the moon, shrouding it behind herself as she went. Stopping in front of Arnen's prison, she spoke for all to hear.

"WHAT DOST THOU THINK THOU ART DOING? HOW DARE THEE TRY AND CLAIM WHAT I HAD BUILT! FOR CENTURIES, WE TOLERATED YOU AND LEFT THOU IN PEACE, ONLY FOR YOU TO DO THIS! EXPLAIN THYSELF AT ONCE!"

Arnen grinned. While he was in a prison, he was not trapped. He spoke.
"This is Selena, the evil god I have spoken of. She wishes to trap me, to deceive you. Look upon her! Know her evil! Know that she has trapped a innocent being for no other reason than to keep her own abusive rule over you. Let me present my treasures to the city. They lay outside the gates, but you would keep them from the citizens, keep art and treasure from them! Let the people themselves decide! You have not been watching over them, but instead controlling them while I was away. For once, let them decide! I have done nothing but said words. Let them decide! "
Arnen knew exactly what he was doing. With the lies he had planted, the only information the city had of the gods was from him. They would believe Arnen more than Selena. After all, he was the god of Trickery. If Selena refused the let Omar in, she would look abusive. If she did, the people would most likely join Arnen. Now, Arnen waited in silence as a tree sprang up around the city. Vardaelia was among it. She spoke, but Arnen ignored her. She had no part here. While powerful, this fight was between Selena and Arnen.
Generic Stuff:
I live in Colorado. I hate my country and love my state. I am a genius. And a male. And think Xbox is better than PlayStation.

Click something! Do it! Now!
The world's biggest problem is not
Racism,
Climate Change,
War,
Terrorism,
Vaccines,
Religion,
or Feminism.

But it is
A**holes
and
Idiots.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:02 pm

JRolo wrote:Arnen grinned. While he was in a prison, he was not trapped. He spoke.
"This is Selena, the evil god I have spoken of. She wishes to trap me, to deceive you. Look upon her! Know her evil! Know that she has trapped a innocent being for no other reason than to keep her own abusive rule over you. Let me present my treasures to the city. They lay outside the gates, but you would keep them from the citizens, keep art and treasure from them! Let the people themselves decide! You have not been watching over them, but instead controlling them while I was away. For once, let them decide! I have done nothing but said words. Let them decide! "
Arnen knew exactly what he was doing. With the lies he had planted, the only information the city had of the gods was from him. They would believe Arnen more than Selena. After all, he was the god of Trickery. If Selena refused the let Omar in, she would look abusive. If she did, the people would most likely join Arnen. Now, Arnen waited in silence as a tree sprang up around the city. Vardaelia was among it. She spoke, but Arnen ignored her. She had no part here. While powerful, this fight was between Selena and Arnen.

As Stana watched the earth through the hearth, he found the scene over Janna. He finally had his answer saying to himself "so it was you Arnen who had been causing so much trouble in the north. You are disrupting the balance of family there and now try to extend the reach of your new nation. I can not let that continue". Stana then would disappear in a flash of flames from the Hearth.

Stana would reappear in the city square of Janna in a flash of flames startling the residents of the city. "so you are the troublemaker Arnen" spoke Stana loud enough that all could hear "the god of Trickery and lies who is disrupting the balance of the North. You think these people will listen to you deceiver. You think they will take your word over their patron Selena. You are a fool deceiver and one that should be punished harshly. I address you people of Janna as Stana , God of Family and Hearth, do not trust this deceiver and his followers who disrupt the balance of power without so much as a second thought. They who believe them higher than all others, to trust them is to throw away your life and freedom". Stana was one of the most revered and trusted gods among the common people so his words would hold sway with them.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:14 pm

JRolo wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:From her position on high, Selena saw all this and more. When the Aleans had first embarked on their journey of conquest, she had let it go.

Arnen grinned. While he was in a prison, he was not trapped. He spoke.

Already angered, Selena's wrath only grew when she heard Arnen's words.

"Dost thou wish to contest in a matter of wits? Very well. I need only point to the abundance of art and artifacts in the city's vaults. Would the god of randomness do such a thing? Furthermore, look at the barrier holding your so called 'creator.' If he truly created them, why art they binding him now?"

Shaking her head, she continued.

"Truly, it matters not. Nothing is permanent, Arnen THE TRICKSTER, even the punishment I am about to inflict. My true children remain loyal, and they shall make sure the memory of this night becomes nothing more than a fleeting nightmare. The time for speaking is over. Now we fight, and now you die."

Drawing her blade, Selena held it up, letting it shine for a moment in a single solitary moonbeam. For a moment, the world held its breath, waiting for what came next.

Drawing back, Selena lunged forwards, piercing Arnen through the torso. Almost immediately, black smoke poured forth from the vorpal blade, coalescing into dark tendrils that drunk eagerly of Arnen's divine essence. Letting the blade rest for a few seconds, Selena pulled back, shattering the barrier in one smooth motion. As the two gods floated, high above the city, Selena extended her blade in the classic fencer's salute, still dripping with Arnen's blood.

"Fight me, if thou art a man. Fight, unless thou wish for a fate that even Dyrraeon would hesitate to bestow.
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:59 am

Therefore I shall go forth and teach all nations and peoples of the blessings of Ishtarte, and bring before the throne of Goddess all nations and peoples in recognition of her greatness, and angel wings she shall grant them, make them free and prepare for them her great paradise.

~ Apocryphal saying attributed to Lilithu the Prophetess ~

Before Qutaisphon's walls chaos was loose among the large amamazan contingents of heavy infantry elites of that great city. The finest soldiers of Aracia was being scattered, broken and bested, by the demonic fiends that marched before the legion of Matherion. The legion had not, and needed not, even engaged the finest ground army of Aracia before it was being routed by demons, twenty feet high with a multitude of great limbs like strangling snakes.

General Sepamehr Sedhosh, commander of the Amamazani army, those heirs of the great empire of yore who for seven centuries had never known defeat, was pale as death underneath the mud of the battlefield and blood of his men. It was the end of Qutaisphon. Against the legion of Matherion he could have fought and won the general knew, but against the hellish fiends of the One True Goddess, as the traitors of Matherion called the deity they so easily had allowed to supplant the lost gods of old, there could be no victory. No matter how many arrows was fired against their enormous bodies, no matter how many lances was broken against their fiery shapes, no matter how manes words was driven through their bellies they just kept going, crushing the army of Qutaisphon as they went.

Seing the legion of Matherion in the distance, advancing steadily to the sounds of trumpet wearing sparkling armor Sepamehr roared in fury against the enemy untouched by the hardships of the death struggle of Qutaisphon. He drew his tarnished and battered blade, determined that at least one legionary of Matherion should fall with the people of Qutaisphon and not march to the as if on parade underneath the walls of Qutaisphon. "Cowards, fight me!" The enraged general roared as he began running towards the advancing enemy line.

He never saw the shadow coming. First when he felt all breath force out of his body as a mighty blow landed on him and threw him to the ground, did Sepamehr take notice of the demon. It was large, as all those infernal things where, but not amongst the largest of the fiends present yet immediately Sepamehr knew he faced one of the deadliest of the demon army. Shapeless, yet of a man's form but twice the size the creature was concealed by a darkness or shadow impregnable to the human eye. But within the shadow there was fire and a dark will stronger then anything Sepamehr had ever encountered. And the demon raised a great arm in which it held a flaming sword. Sepamehr wept, not for himself but for his city, and closed his eyes unwilling to live where his city did not preparing for the inevitable.

Then a voice rang from the skies, staying the demon's hand. "You have fought valiantly and with honor general Sepamehr which is most pleasing to me. But now that I have won I wish to make peace with you and your beloved city." The voice, like that of a woman, spoke. "Will you embrace my peace and accept that I am the One True Goddess of All Aracians and indeed of the whole world?" The voice demanded. Sepamehr spat up at the demon towering above him in response. A giggle rang from the skies. "You have the power to save your city, the people you love, the country your father, and his father before him, fought for over the centuries. All I ask is that you accept me as your goddess and all this will be at an end and Qutaisphon will blossom as never before since the heyday of the Aracian Empire. Will you refuse such a peace and have everything you believe in destroyed by your pride?" The voice called, and Sepamehr wept desperately for he could not make himself refuse the goddess, slowly he nodded. "Spare the city; I will pledge allegiance." The general declared.

~*~

Nyashapour's garrison trembled behind their high walls as the thunderous sound of the first blow of some fist greater then that of any man hit the great iron gate of the fortress city. Prince Xashayar of Nyashapour shuddered in dread as a hellish voice called; "Open the gates ..." What crime or transgression had he or any in his city committed against the Lost Gods to be subject to such a menacing terror as that which marched with the men of Matherion, the prince pondered, for the first time in his life praying with fervor and desperation to the Lost Ones for assistance and guidance.

A jolt went through his body as the second blow, even greater and louder then the first hit the great gates of his city making the entire city tremble as if a great earthquake was what plagued the Nyashapour. "... In the Name of Ishtarte the Liberator ..." The dark voice continued. Gazing at his gate Prince Xashayar discovered to his terror that it already showed signs of wearing down. After just two blows. The Prince looked around at his soldiers, seeing in their eyes the same fear that he didn't doubt shone feverishly from his own. He gulped, trying to prepare for the inevitable.

"... The One True Goddess." The voice of hell finished as a third blow landed on the gate, and as it fell an explosion shattered the iron gates of Nyashapour built by Qaveh Anghar the Blacksmith three millennia ago, and saw the gatehouse made of granite stone collapse as a house of cards. Xashayar and his soldiers was slung away by the explosion, deafened by the noise and blinded by the light the prince groaned as he hit the marble street of his fair city. He heard the sounds of cheers from the soldiers of Matherion and of many feet running towards him through the gate that was destroyed. Then a shadow appeared above him and he felt an unholy presence.

"I ..." A voice began, but Xashayar's spirits was broken and he screamed. "I yield, I yield. Please no more I yield." The panicked prince screamed. For a moment he was greeted only by silence but then a girly giggle, so incredibly misplaced in the besieged city at that moment, rang from above his head. "Well that was a lot easier then I had expected." The female voice spoke.

~*~

The great fleet of Isfankhar was arrayed in a short battle line covering from the cape protecting their city to the shore adjacent to it in preparation for the onslaught of the navy of Matherion. Their admiral, Mardhavaz Zhiyrar, having no shortage of ships had made the line of his fleet three vessels deep to use all of the large and powerful fleet of Istanakhar and he was confident in victory despite the know power and prowess of Matherion's navy.

The enemy was arrayed in three separate battle lines. One on each side of the island of Zanabhahr and one further east protecting the harbor of the already conquered city of Gorghabad. The Matherionites had also stationed men on Zanabhahr but rather then the great army of archers with siege machinery that Mardhavaz would have placed they seemed busy performing some sort of religious rite to their new God. That and the loose relaxed formation of the enemy navy was what made Mardhavaz order the attack.

From out of the bay of Istanakhar he lead his ships, hoping to assault the enemy battle line west of Zanabhahr and break through before the ships placed at Gorghabad could join the two lines at Zanabhahr. and hopefully drive a wedge between the two battle lines guarding the island.

Quickly his ships sailed onwards towards the enemy that seemed hopelessly unprepared for a counterstrike and for a moment Mardhavaz allowed himself to hope for victory against the conquering horde of Matherion. But then his gaze felt on the island of Zanabhahr as his flagship passed close by it. A strange scenario unfolded there. Some hundred blackhooded men and women where dancing around something they seemed to have drawn on the ground of the summit of the island, chanting as they went. Even as the rams of his first line of ships hit the enemy vessels the chanting was not drowned out and suddenly Mardhavaz felt a wind of growing intensity blow towards the island from all directions and he realized that something foul and terrible was afoot.

A deafing explosion broke out of the summit of the island and a pillar of flames a thousand feet tall erupted from the island. The sea, moments before stable and still, was greatly disturbed and great waves crashed against ships of Matherion and Isfankhar alike sweeping hundreds or thousands of men overboard and as he looked up Mardhavaz saw the pillar of fire collapse towards his ships. Screams broke out as a torrent of fire, filled with demonic fiends, descended upon the ships of Isfankhar, tearing them asunder. The flames spread across the sea, burning on the surface, covering the whole of the bay leaving only the ships of Matherion alone. For a moment the admiral froze as a wave of fire flowed towards his flagship. Then it hit and within seconds the ship was aflame, then the fire reached Mardhavaz himself and set him ablaze.

Screaming from pains unimaginable the admiral fell on the deck of his galley, rolling around trying to extinguish the searing flames as a voice spoke; "All this suffering shall end, but if you submit to my will, the Will of Ishtarte the One True Goddess, mistress of the Aracians and lord of the world." The voice spoke and in his agony Mardhavaz cried; "I submit, I submit, please make it stop." With thousands of other burning soldiers of Isfankhar.

~*~

Istharte giggled excitedly as she watched her invasion of Aracia unfold beneath her. Truly the age of chaos was upon the world and from it soon enough would grow the age of Ishtarte. As city after city was brought to their knees by Ishtarte's sorcery and hellish legions the goddess felt her power surge and she grew to a gargantuan size on the surge of faith and belief in her. Few loved her in her conquered territories but enough did enough and in Matherion already the old order was fading as the youth warmed to the message of absolute and unconditional freedom and the goddess laughed in joy. If only she had known how much fun the mortal realm could be she would have entered it many an age past rather then dwell amongst her demon and fallen angel servants in Pandæmonium atop Mount Tartarus in the Maelstroem of Chaos.

But even while she was cheering wildly for her hellish armies and Matherion subjects as they subjugated half of Aracia in a string of quick decisive victories Ishtarte felt a surge in divine activity at the city of Janna. For a moment Ishtarte thought little of it. Arnen's conquests she could deal with later. But then she noticed how there seemed to be many gods gathered at Janna. Pouting Ishtarte, who did not like to be kept out of things, concluded that her Aracian excitement could wait for a moment. She immaterialized.

A heartbeat later she took physical form as a great black dragon, half a mile long from tip to tail, in the air above the city of Janna, roaring down at the city and its inhabitants. Only for the benefit of the congregated gods she cheered; "Me too, me too." In a gleeful tone, observing how Arnen and Selena seemed to have started some bizarre debate intended to convince the people of Janna who to worship.

Then, in her most thunderous and domineering tone she shouted down to the people of the great city. "People of Janne pay them no heed these so called gods of yours." She triumphantly declared. "Arnen, God of the Blind and the Deaf, Selena, Goddess of Inertia and Lethargy. Why should you care for either? If they made you and your city why did they abandon you to your own devices for so long? Are they weak or are they indifferent? Ha! Your great city of Janne is deserving of more than blind worship of indolence or incompetency incarnate." Spake the goddess.

"People of Janna, I am Ishtarte the Liberator, Goddess of Chaos, Goddess of Order, follow me and not these dreary fools and you shall not waste your precious and valuable lives as slaves of one of lesser evils, rather you shall be under my patronage free to prosper like never before, free from want and free of such gods of mediocrity as would claim you as their slaves." The Goddess jubilantly stated.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:12 am

In Janna

A man looked around, watching the scene unfold. As he and his wife's eyes met, she nodded and he backed out of the crowd, retreating to his home. Quickly the man slipped a few ingredients together and fell into a deep, nightmare-fueled sleep. Fear surrounded him, but he knew it would dissipate.

Soon, Hahvulon emerged from the darkness, causing the nightmare to cease, and conversation to begin.

"Ah, Marius," the God said with a smile, "It's been a long time since someone from the House of Eponine in Janna has contacted me. What is the news?"

The man explained the situation with the Gods, and Hahvulon assured him that he would soon be there.

"The fool." Hahvulon said quietly, before waking the man up and leaving for Janna.

Before long, a yellow-ish fog rolled through Janna, with Hahvulon emerging from it.

"Ishtarte," he said, "It's been a while. I was actually going to come and speak with you. You are not the priority right now, however, Arnen here is."

Hahvulon walked up to Arnen, leaning close to his ear.

"You know you cannot win right?" Hahvulon whispered, "I'm going to try to get you out of here in one piece."

The God of Fear turned around, the fog dissipating and leaving him in his elven form. He looked upon the Gods who were here, thinking about how to diffuse the situation.

"So, Arnen here has been trying to take over this city by using lies." Hahvulon said, scowling at the God, "It makes sense considering his domain. That doesn't completely excuse this, however. Vardaelia, I would hate to see him punished more than necessary, so I ask that you remove him from the Elder and place him in the Dark Pantheon. You, Selena and myself can discuss an appropriate punishment, and if he gets out of line, I shall remove him from the Dark Pantheon and Selena may deliver her wrath.

It's most likely extremely difficult to use his domains in a positive way. I'm sure there is a way, though, and others with less favorable domains who have managed to use them positively, such as myself, will be willing to help him find that way."
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

JRolo
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby JRolo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:48 am

Arnen looked around. There seemed to be nearly every god here at Janna. Hahvulon, Selena, and many more, all wanting to take control of the situation. Then, Selena pierced him. The prison was opened. "Fight me," he heard Selena say. Arnen, now out of his prison, sent Omar a quick message. Go to the gates, and climb the tree Vardelia has made around the city. Climb over the gates and wait inside. We can do much from the inside.
Then, he faced Selena. As he was about to fight, Hahluon appeared. He told Arnen to stand down. He weighed the options. If he willingly went with Hahvulon, he could cut his losses. Omar was now inside the city, and he could take it over later. However, if he fought Selena, he would get Janna, but losing would mean he would lose nearly all of his influence. Sighing, he decided.

"I'll go with Hahvulon. Selena, drop your weapon. I have no wish to fight you."
Generic Stuff:
I live in Colorado. I hate my country and love my state. I am a genius. And a male. And think Xbox is better than PlayStation.

Click something! Do it! Now!
The world's biggest problem is not
Racism,
Climate Change,
War,
Terrorism,
Vaccines,
Religion,
or Feminism.

But it is
A**holes
and
Idiots.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:24 pm

JRolo wrote:Arnen looked around. There seemed to be nearly every god here at Janna. Hahvulon, Selena, and many more, all wanting to take control of the situation. Then, Selena pierced him. The prison was opened. "Fight me," he heard Selena say. Arnen, now out of his prison, sent Omar a quick message. Go to the gates, and climb the tree Vardelia has made around the city. Climb over the gates and wait inside. We can do much from the inside.
Then, he faced Selena. As he was about to fight, Hahluon appeared. He told Arnen to stand down. He weighed the options. If he willingly went with Hahvulon, he could cut his losses. Omar was now inside the city, and he could take it over later. However, if he fought Selena, he would get Janna, but losing would mean he would lose nearly all of his influence. Sighing, he decided.

"I'll go with Hahvulon. Selena, drop your weapon. I have no wish to fight you."

Stunned, Selena could only watch as god after god manifested themselves. Vardaelia, Stana, her ancient foe, Hahvulon, and even nigh-mythical creatures like the Serpent, Ishtarte. Like a vise, she could feel their combined influences pressing down on her, crushing her under the weight of their chaotic power. As the dark mist emanating from her sword curled, gently, around her floating form, she could feel her shock and disbelief turn, slowly, into an fiery ball of burning anger. Floating there, seeing not one, but three malignant gods arrayed against her, listening to their messages flying forth, she felt a mysterious feeling welling up from somewhere inside her, one she did not know she was capable of feeling: hatred. Overwhelming, all-consuming hatred.

Wreathed in her dark corona, Selena finally lost it, screaming into the pitch-black sky.

"SILENCE! I...demand...SILENCE!"

The Sword in her hand suddenly glowed a bright red, the same color that had filled the sky scant weeks ago. With a barely a second of warning, a massive burst of stellar radiation exploded forth, as Selena, now illuminated by the red glow, shot upwards, towards the great Serpent, Ishtarte, floating lazily in the sky.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Lodav stood up straight with a slight look of surprise on his face. He felt something... Something he had only ever felt inside of himself. A force dark and malicious. "Selena." He drew his swords in sudden haste. "We have to go. Now. Trouble In Janna. Very bad." He spread his wings with a deafening gust of wind and light and took off, knowing Ashur was soon to follow.

In the distance he saw the forms of a few gods floating in the center of the city. He recognized a few of them, Havulon, Stana and Arnen among them. He wondered why they were so close to mortal civilization, and why they were appearing so blatantly in the open. His confusion was interrupted by the flying form of Selena hurling herself at a figure high above. His thoughts turned simple and instinctive. Now was not the time for idle thoughts. Now was the time for action. He propelled himself at lightning speed in front of Selena, deflecting her blow with his two sacred blades.

"Selena! What in Eternities name are you doing!!!"
Last edited by Kaoiluja on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:11 pm

Kaoiluja wrote:Lodav stood up straight with a slight look of surprise on his face. He felt something... Something he had only ever felt inside of himself. A force dark and malicious. "Selena." He drew his swords in sudden haste. "We have to go. Now. Trouble In Janna. Very bad." He spread his wings with a deafening gust of wind and light and took off, knowing Ashur was soon to follow.

In the distance he saw the forms of a few gods floating in the center of the city. He recognized a few of them, Havulon, Stana and Arnen among them. He wondered why they were so close to mortal civilization, and why they were appearing so blatantly in the open. His confusion was interrupted by the flying form of Selena hurling herself at a figure high above. His thoughts turned simple and instinctive. Now was not the time for idle thoughts. Now was the time for action. He propelled himself at lightning speed in front of Selena, deflecting her blow with his two sacred blades.

Ashur had sensed the same thing, and was now infuriated. He no longer cared. He was in his Divine Form: The Werewolf... with glowing white eyes, terrifying teeth, a twisted and hulking body, he walked across the roof, looking down at the other God's. The citizens fled to their homes in fear as Ashur let out an Earth-shaking howl to silence the Gods.
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:53 pm

Kaoiluja wrote:Lodav stood up straight with a slight look of surprise on his face. He felt something... Something he had only ever felt inside of himself. A force dark and malicious. "Selena." He drew his swords in sudden haste. "We have to go. Now. Trouble In Janna. Very bad." He spread his wings with a deafening gust of wind and light and took off, knowing Ashur was soon to follow.

Mere moments before the apex of her charge, Selena was abruptly halted by the intervention of some god. Their swords clashed, sending a massive shockwave rippling through the air while the two gods tumbled, recovering from the impact.

Briefly dazed by the impact, Selena fell. Grinding her teeth, she prepared to counterattack when something changed. Her strength deserted her, as her body was flooded by a sudden rush of freezing cold. Glaring against the brilliant, red, starlit sky, she saw Dyrraeon, cackling madly, holding two daggers coated with blood. Her blood. Galvanized, she struggled against her unresponsive body, halting her fall. Fiery hatred filled her once more, chasing away the frozen emptiness that had filled her soul a moment before.

Once again, she streaked through the cloudy, darkened, starless sky, blade charged with crimson and heart filled with murder.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:40 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

Mere moments before the apex of her charge, Selena was abruptly halted by the intervention of some god. Their swords clashed, sending a massive shockwave rippling through the air while the two gods tumbled, recovering from the impact.

Briefly dazed by the impact, Selena fell. Grinding her teeth, she prepared to counterattack when something changed. Her strength deserted her, as her body was flooded by a sudden rush of freezing cold. Glaring against the brilliant, red, starlit sky, she saw Dyrraeon, cackling madly, holding two daggers coated with blood. Her blood. Galvanized, she struggled against her unresponsive body, halting her fall. Fiery hatred filled her once more, chasing away the frozen emptiness that had filled her soul a moment before.

Once again, she streaked through the cloudy, darkened, starless sky, blade charged with crimson and heart filled with murder.

For a brief moment Lodav considered what to do. Selena had gone mad, he was sure of it. There was no time for considering what to do. He had to act now. He crossed the two blades in front of him, and in a blast of light summoned the divine armor that was Elpis the indomitable. He spoke in the language that transcended all things.

Hope shall light the way..

He let off a burst of spiritual energy that crashed into Selena, sending her skidding across the ocean surface before she righted herself. He flew forward with blinding speed, and their blades clashed, sending up a huge spray of water that soaked the coming fleets. The air charged with ozone, and an infernal scraping noise was heard as sword clashed upon sword. "Selena..." He strained. "Stop this. We need not... Have... Anymore conflict..."
Last edited by Kaoiluja on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:48 pm

Stana watched the two gods square off and felt immense anger and hatred coming from Selena. Lodav had rushed in without any knowledge and now seemed to become number one of Selena's hit list. Stana knew that their battle could be very destructive and endanger the people of Janna so Stan descended back to the ground and addressed the people of Janna "i would suggest you return to your homes, you will all be much safer their"> stana then raised his staff and tapped it three times before a red glow shot out of the top of the staff and went up into the sky. It would go up about 50 feet before dispersing and becoming a red glowing barrier around Janna. "that will hopefully keep the gods powers at bay" spoke Stana to the masses before transforming into the shape of a large cat made of fire and ascending the walls to watch the events play out.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Ashur caught sight of Arnen through the read filter that his Divine Form provided. He immediately fueled with anger, and with all of that anger, he would dart across the roofs of the city's buildings, putting massive dents in stone and wood with each step, he would lunge off a tower and crash into the ground before Arnen, crumbling the stone beneath him, and standing 9 feet tall over Arnen, blood a saliva dripping from his mouth, which bore razor sharp, massive teeth, and his glowing white eyes pierced those of Arnen. Ashur didn't speak, for his glare told Arnen everything...
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:09 pm

As Ornara left, Mirayeset felt unsatisfied. The creeping cold which had enveloped her recently did not dissipate, and the ominous sense of impending doom still lingered. All was not well in the world, and the goddess had not a moment of rest in quite a while. Dramatic spikes of chaos seemed inbound, and her hope for a safe future was waning. There was little to do now but to wait for it all to fall into disorder, for the war to truly begin. Whatever forces were at work, be they the pantheonic wars or a return of the Dark Ones or a mortal causing mass destruction or any combination of those. Perhaps it might even be a new threat entirely. In any case, Ornara had left, and Mirayeset would finally have the peace to return home and not have to worry for a while.

At least, that's what she thought.

Mirayeset had returned to her home and enjoyed what felt a few brief moments there. As boring as the constant perfection may get, it was always welcome to Mirayeset, who spent much of her day away from her home and often dealt with very stressful situations. It is good that gods cannot die, for her heart might have surrendered many many years ago from the weight placed upon it. This was why she was glad to finally have time to relax and give up her typical responsibilities. Perhaps she could even enjoy a warm bath? The thought had seemed so welcoming to her, for she wanted nothing more but to feel the brief euphoria of true relaxation. It would not be long, though, before she was called again.

There was no formal call to her, no beckoning, no begging, but instead the knowledge that something wrong had occurred and she needed to attend and hopefully fix the issue. Mirayeset quickly prepared herself emotionally and physically to deal with more misadventures among the divine beings, as has happened many times. Her feeble state would be of no hindrance as she set up the portal to take her to the source of the problem, a place known as Janna. It was one she had never seen, and hardly known, but now it was the source of major conflict. She could only hope she would arrive before it was too late. Before too much damage had occurred. Before time was up, and war broke out in this troubled era.

As she appeared among the deities, or at least close to them, she looked towards the city. It was covered by a massive bubble, protecting it from any intruders. This was good, at least. The mortals needed not suffer for the incompetence of the divines who ruled them. Such should simply not be, and so she felt a bit better knowing that Janna would not collapse due to some absurd squabble. She would then turn her attention to the gods before her, and observe to find the problem and to consider how to find a neutral solution to please all involved, or at least one that caused the least amount of destruction overall. The flaw she saw immediately was that combat had apparently already begun. With what force she may muster, she attempted to summon an iconic harpoon as a weapon for defense, then she might wait briefly to see if the combat ended itself without too much harm.
Last edited by The Ik Ka Ek Akai on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:29 am

And Ishtarte saw that Chaos was loose upon the world and in the Heavens, and she saw that it was good.

~ Fourth Book of Lilithu ~

The great black dragon was wriggling its enormous body across the heavens in excitement and contentment at the chaos that unfolded beneath it where the gods haggled and warred over Janna. The appearance of Hahvulon and his insulting words towards her did not dampen Ishtarte's excitement and amusement. She merely giggled and stuck her tongue out against the god, incapable of being insulted as she was. The dragon did however roll its eyes at the god's diplomacy. A eye rolling, tongue out sticking and giggling dragon was truly a sight to see. "My my Hahvulon, I know not whether I bear witness to great diplomacy or great cowardice from you today." Ishtarte taunted the god's attempt at smoothing things over with a smirk. "Vardaelia must be most proud of her loyal lap dog." Ishtarte laughed.

Before the goddess could device choicer insults to taunt Hahvulon with she heard a great scream coming up from beneath her. Looking down she saw an enraged Selena take a mighty leap upwards towards the dragon goddess to attack. Ishtarte squalled in delight shaking her gargantuan dragon form in giddy excitement adding a few extra limbs too it for good measure before she let Hahvulon be Hahvulon and dived down towards the roaring night goddess. "Goodness me, Selena." Ishtarte laughed. "I would have never thought you had it in you to fight, where our cousins only talk." The dragon roared opening its gullet to spew its flames against its enemy. "Where Arnen cowers in fear, Hahvulon blabber about peace like an old croone and Vardaelia and Stana bray like sheep, the artsy-fartsy moon singer alone has gall." Ishtarte spoke. "Very well. The winner takes Janna." She roared, a torrent of flames building in her belly as she attacked the Moon goddess.

Only to have two new gods appear, one of them intervening and staying Selena's blade. Halting her dive and closing her jaws Ishtarte stopped her charge, a displeased grimace appearing on her draconic face at the interrupting by Lodav. "Here comes the cavalry." Ishtarte shouted, and for the first time in the whole of the exciting ordeal some actual venom entered her insults, annoyed as she was at the interruption. "Eons too late as always, but what else can one expect of Lodav and Ashur, an unruly dog and its meddling master. Such a dynamic duo." Ishtarte groaned, watching as Selena started to fight the obnoxious self proclaimed god of order.

Flapping her wings Ishtarte rose higher through the atmosphere observing the whole spectacle beneath her from high high above. She smiled. If Lodav was the god of order he was not very good at his job. Chaos thrived and triumphed everywhere, and Ishtarte had barely done anything to make it so. Sure she hadn't kept the lid of the great seal of Ishtarte as tightly locked as she could, permitting quite a bit of the chaotic forces to enter the world, but she hadn't actively tried to let the formless element overthrow the natural order. If just her failure to keep the lid on to the void beyond was enough to bring the world into such a state what chaos, Ishtarte wondered, could she not unleash upon the world if she made an actual effort?

The thought improved her mood quite a bit and she giggled naughtily. Her task that she had been given when she acceded to godhood was to maintain a balance between chaos and order and to prevent the void from reclaiming creation, but that was no fun. Chaos was a lot more fun then a balance.

Taking notice of the goddess Stana and the barrier she had created around Janna, Ishtarte lumped a fireball against the barrier to test it. She roared deafeningly at the fire cat just for good measure. It was good to be the Goddess of Chaos.
Nation RP name

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:43 am

Timor – Spirae Tempestia

Ahirom whistled appreciatively as he looked out of one of the windows of the great spiral, the sprawling metropolis below reduced to distant shapes and figures – its inhabitants ants to those above. “Say all you want about them, the Stel-Natians accomplished magnificent feats during their glory days.” The Elder smiled with the childish curiosity of an aged scholar, relishing his opportunity to experience firsthand this wonder of the world. “Spirae Tempestia! The Grandest of the Sol Temples, the Monument to the Excess and the Arrogance of the greatest of the Stel-Natian Empire.” His old form shook as he chuckled at the propaganda. Timor grunted in response, refusing to allow his gaze to venture downwards. Perhaps it would have been prudent for him to witness the accomplishments of the enemy, but a far greater weight was crushing upon the young Akeanian’s chest.

When he had first ventured from the islands, his mother holding back tears of pride as she saw another of her sons venturing forth with the fleet while his father’s face shone with a titanic grin, Timor had fantasised entering the capital of the continental enemy. Although they had been repeatedly informed that they were warring with the sinful Marisaire and not the Stel-Natian people, to the eyes there was no difference. However, as he had walked through the gates with the guards waving him through, Timor had felt his heart pound. He was out of his depth, removed completely from his home and comfort before being thrust into a world of politics and intrigue that he had never once thought of, let alone prepared for.

A deep sigh escaped from their companion. “Quite a bore really, Elder Ahirom. Such structural achievements are remnants of their ancestors and are hardly representative of the current Solumaire.” The speaker was Sirom Nikhai, a high ranking representative from the Nikhai tribe and a prominent member of the council. He had been whisked to the frontline from Akeanos itself, honoured with the duty of delivering and negotiating the peace between the warring parties. Timor had immediately taken a disliking to the man; a politician and an aristocrat at heart, Sirom had the smile of a rat and the tongue of a liar. Ahirom nodded towards the Councillor, a slight frown of irritation apparent.

“But of course, Councillor. I shudder at trying to compare this pile of rocks to the grand accomplishments of Akeanos.”

Sirom nodded approvingly, “Quite so, quite so. Things would be much smoother if the Marisaire and their ilk accepted their betters, much smoother indeed.” Ahirom turned to Timor, silently rolling his eyes in a clear indication of how highly he valued the input of the Councillor.

As they rounded a corner on their ascent, a great light tore through one of the windows, causing Timor to squint and Ahirom to raise a hand to cover his eyes. The Elder turned to Timor, once again a grin on his face. “Say want you will about the palaces of mortals, there’s a real wonder.” The Star of Solecor’s rays pierced even the obscured depths of the spire, its warming light penetrating far within its walls. The greatest of Caelum’s gifts to the Stel-Natians, even Sirom would show it the proper respect – although he would be the first to attest that it was the work of the Gods and hardly something one could attribute to the people beneath it. Timor however, gazed warily at the shining object – his eyes remaining locked on the evening Star until it once again disappeared behind a wall. He felt his skin crawl as its rays fell upon him, his nerves standing on edge. For some reason he felt exposed, violated – it was as if his every movement was being monitored and observed by some hidden being. He wanted to raise the sensation with Elder Ahirom, but now was hardly the time.

“Aha, about time.” Quite suddenly, the steps had ceased as the escorted group had emerged onto a floor. Sirom looked forwards purposefully, his shoulders locked and his eyes set with determination. Timor observed the man with surprise, seeing perhaps a glimpse of why the politician had become so feared for his stubborn obstinacy at the negotiating table. “This shan’t take long I wager.”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:30 am

Of the Quendi wrote:The great black dragon was wriggling its enormous body across the heavens in excitement and contentment at the chaos that unfolded beneath it where the gods haggled and warred over Janna. The appearance of Hahvulon and his insulting words towards her did not dampen Ishtarte's excitement and amusement. She merely giggled and stuck her tongue out against the god, incapable of being insulted as she was. The dragon did however roll its eyes at the god's diplomacy. A eye rolling, tongue out sticking and giggling dragon was truly a sight to see. "My my Hahvulon, I know not whether I bear witness to great diplomacy or great cowardice from you today." Ishtarte taunted the god's attempt at smoothing things over with a smirk. "Vardaelia must be most proud of her loyal lap dog." Ishtarte laughed.

Before the goddess could device choicer insults to taunt Hahvulon with she heard a great scream coming up from beneath her. Looking down she saw an enraged Selena take a mighty leap upwards towards the dragon goddess to attack. Ishtarte squalled in delight shaking her gargantuan dragon form in giddy excitement adding a few extra limbs too it for good measure before she let Hahvulon be Hahvulon and dived down towards the roaring night goddess. "Goodness me, Selena." Ishtarte laughed. "I would have never thought you had it in you to fight, where our cousins only talk." The dragon roared opening its gullet to spew its flames against its enemy. "Where Arnen cowers in fear, Hahvulon blabber about peace like an old croone and Vardaelia and Stana bray like sheep, the artsy-fartsy moon singer alone has gall." Ishtarte spoke. "Very well. The winner takes Janna." She roared, a torrent of flames building in her belly as she attacked the Moon goddess.

Only to have two new gods appear, one of them intervening and staying Selena's blade. Halting her dive and closing her jaws Ishtarte stopped her charge, a displeased grimace appearing on her draconic face at the interrupting by Lodav. "Here comes the cavalry." Ishtarte shouted, and for the first time in the whole of the exciting ordeal some actual venom entered her insults, annoyed as she was at the interruption. "Eons too late as always, but what else can one expect of Lodav and Ashur, an unruly dog and its meddling master. Such a dynamic duo." Ishtarte groaned, watching as Selena started to fight the obnoxious self proclaimed god of order.

Flapping her wings Ishtarte rose higher through the atmosphere observing the whole spectacle beneath her from high high above. She smiled. If Lodav was the god of order he was not very good at his job. Chaos thrived and triumphed everywhere, and Ishtarte had barely done anything to make it so. Sure she hadn't kept the lid of the great seal of Ishtarte as tightly locked as she could, permitting quite a bit of the chaotic forces to enter the world, but she hadn't actively tried to let the formless element overthrow the natural order. If just her failure to keep the lid on to the void beyond was enough to bring the world into such a state what chaos, Ishtarte wondered, could she not unleash upon the world if she made an actual effort?

The thought improved her mood quite a bit and she giggled naughtily. Her task that she had been given when she acceded to godhood was to maintain a balance between chaos and order and to prevent the void from reclaiming creation, but that was no fun. Chaos was a lot more fun then a balance.

Taking notice of the goddess Stana and the barrier she had created around Janna, Ishtarte lumped a fireball against the barrier to test it. She roared deafeningly at the fire cat just for good measure. It was good to be the Goddess of Chaos.[/blocktext]

(Stana is still a guy you know :p )

Stana watched as the fireball raced towards the barrier and he watched it as it was absorbed by the barrier. Stana gave a cheeky smile up at the goddess in his cat form. It would take more than that to destroy the barrier he had created specifically to counter the power of gods. He turned his attention away from the great dragon in the sky not caring at all for her and instead watched the battle out at sea. "silly chaos goddess" spoke Stana to himself "did she truly believe using my own element against my barrier would work at all". The barrier was born of a being of fire so fire would never work on it.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:47 am

Kaoiluja wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:Mere moments before the apex of her charge, Selena was abruptly halted by the intervention of some god. Their swords clashed, sending a massive shockwave rippling through the air while the two gods tumbled, recovering from the impact.

For a brief moment Lodav considered what to do. Selena had gone mad, he was sure of it. There was no time for considering what to do. He had to act now. He crossed the two blades in front of him, and in a blast of light summoned the divine armor that was Elpis the indomitable. He spoke in the language that transcended all things.

He let off a burst of spiritual energy that crashed into Selena, sending her skidding across the ocean surface before she righted herself. He flew forward with blinding speed, and their blades clashed, sending up a huge spray of water that soaked the coming fleets. The air charged with ozone, and an infernal scraping noise was heard as sword clashed upon sword. "Selena..." He strained. "Stop this. We need not... Have... Anymore conflict..."

Snarling, Selena shoved her blade against his. "I only end...what has already begun."

Readying herself, she shoved her blade against his one last time, using the return force to launch herself away. She turned, skimming over the water towards the approaching Alean fleet. Blade glowing red with fire, she blasted them, one by one, into a thousand flaming splinters as they sailed towards the harbor.

Ignoring the screams of dying men, she arced upwards, illuminated by the burning spectacle, ascending high into the sky before turning and crashing back down upon the pursuing God of Justice.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:29 am

The Burning Sun wrote:
Kaoiluja wrote:

Snarling, Selena shoved her blade against his. "I only end...what has already begun."

Readying herself, she shoved her blade against his one last time, using the return force to launch herself away. She turned, skimming over the water towards the approaching Alean fleet. Blade glowing red with fire, she blasted them, one by one, into a thousand flaming splinters as they sailed towards the harbor.

Ignoring the screams of dying men, she arced upwards, illuminated by the burning spectacle, ascending high into the sky before turning and crashing back down upon the pursuing God of Justice.

Lodav reeled as he was shoved backwards into a nearby mountainside. He looked up slightly dazed, and saw the fire in the water."NO!" He cried at the destruction that had ensued, just in time for a blast of flame to strike his face.

He parried with Judgement while gesturing in arcane motion at the fleet in the water. He was putting himself at a disadvantage fighting one handed, but he had to save them. He stabbed the benevolent blade of Absolution through the air, creating a rift in reality that warped around the incoming fleet. At once the carnage stopped, frozen in the midst of action. Then, slowly, things began to reverse. Explosions collapsed inwards back into place. Limbs reattached, and fire was extinguished.

He glared at Selena, and released a blast from his eyes a beam of soul piercing energy that burst upon her chest. The blast arced and hissed as it ripped in and out of her essence. In the slight moment of confusion he lifted both blades and slashed once more at the ships, locking the change I'm reality into place. Now he could focus on his enemy.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:46 am

Vardaelia had had enough of this needless fight, and so, she put forth her power, grabbing both Lodav and Selena with two giant earth hands, bringing them to her, letting the earth start to bury them so that they were completely secured. Then, stopping the earth at their throats, she spoke, "You two are going to stop fighting, and talk this out. Selena, calm down, it's Isharte's chaotic aura that's making you do this. Lodav, you could have acted differently, so that you did not destroy a mountain." Then turning, she called out to Ashur, "Ashur! The situation is under control. You are not involved here. You stepping in will only cause this to worsen. Leave."

Then, floating up to Ishtarte's position, she spoke to the Goddess of Chaos. I understand this is most likely highly amusing for you, and that all this chaos is furthering your power, but please leave, or remove your chaotic aura. And I would also appreciate it if you did not attempt to destroy a mortal city."
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:49 am

The Starlight wrote:Vardaelia had had enough of this needless fight, and so, she put forth her power, grabbing both Lodav and Selena with two giant earth hands, bringing them to her, letting the earth start to bury them so that they were completely secured. Then, stopping the earth at their throats, she spoke, "You two are going to stop fighting, and talk this out. Selena, calm down, it's Isharte's chaotic aura that's making you do this. Lodav, you could have acted differently, so that you did not destroy a mountain." Then turning, she called out to Ashur, "Ashur! The situation is under control. You are not involved here. You stepping in will only cause this to worsen. Leave."

Then, floating up to Ishtarte's position, she spoke to the Goddess of Chaos. I understand this is most likely highly amusing for you, and that all this chaos is furthering your power, but please leave, or remove your chaotic aura. And I would also appreciate it if you did not attempt to destroy a mortal city."

The massive Divine Form of Ashur snarled at Vardaelia, who came in like world police. He ignored her, and kept his gaze on Arnen, ready to strike at him out of vengeance meddling in the affairs of his only son, trying to manipulate him.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:53 am

The NAR wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Vardaelia had had enough of this needless fight, and so, she put forth her power, grabbing both Lodav and Selena with two giant earth hands, bringing them to her, letting the earth start to bury them so that they were completely secured. Then, stopping the earth at their throats, she spoke, "You two are going to stop fighting, and talk this out. Selena, calm down, it's Isharte's chaotic aura that's making you do this. Lodav, you could have acted differently, so that you did not destroy a mountain." Then turning, she called out to Ashur, "Ashur! The situation is under control. You are not involved here. You stepping in will only cause this to worsen. Leave."

The massive Divine Form of Ashur snarled at Vardaelia, who came in like world police. He ignored her, and kept his gaze on Arnen, ready to strike at him out of vengeance meddling in the affairs of his only son, trying to manipulate him.

Vardaelia then floated over there. "You do not get to ignore me, Ashur, that is not an option. Any and all grievances you have with Arnen will be transferred by either me or Hahvulon." Another earth hand took Arnen and brought him to where Selena and Lodav were.
Call me Star

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse