NATION

PASSWORD

[Submitted] Liberate Haven

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Katalonua
Secretary

Founded: Mar 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Katalonua » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:
...Are you for real?

I mean, I'm for serious, are you for real?

You're only going on the possibility that he might have made an alternate WA nation to raid TSP during that time. You have no actual physical evidence to prove that. For all you know, he may have decided to drop from the WA because he was bored of receiving telegrams for helping the liberation effort. I know I received a few.

Furthermore, you're going to terrorise (oh, I'm sorry, "liberate") an entire region, for the potential actions of one player?
Nope, I'm doing it to open it up to active raiding. Again TSP is not the justification. And I haven't bothered checking the others because we all know that Haven was involved. Claims to the contrary are falling apart every time evidence comes forward.
Vetok wrote:
Let's look at Haven. Hmm, seems Cravan is in it...after refounding his nation seven hours ago. So he was in there after you posted this, and therefore one of the main reasons you have for this only came back to NS and to Haven hours after this all started. That's one pile of bullshit sent for manure, let's see some other names.

Cravan has been there for years prior to his CTE. Check the history. I don't need to lie about this, and the worst part is that the Roleplayers know that I'm telling the truth. Huge numbers of them were involved.

But here's the problem: You want to raid Haven. You haven't made this a secret. Which means the same rule of mistrust applies to you. We don't want to see it raided, so we're very likely to be biased and will likely omit evidence that runs contrary to our interests.

You, however, do want to see it raided. So you're also likely to be very biased.

There is a good chance you know what really went down, but we can't take your word for it since you have admitted that raiding Haven is in your interests, thus, any evidence you may have that would run contrary to the interest might be excluded for your own gain. Just as many of the RPers might be acting out of their own interests.
Alt of Gorgashia

Polynesian Kingdom and loyal vassal-state to White Sun

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Feazanthia wrote:
Katalonua wrote:
Well, yeah. That too. I'm simply disagreeing that Mall made this thread to troll all the RPers. For one, it's hard to prove someone's intent and two, there's no point in accusing Mall of being a troll.

I just think it's better to attack his arguments for the 'Liberation' of Haven, such as your argument right there.

It doesn't matter if the intent was to troll the RP community or attempt to force the RP community into an aspect of NationStates that they have, vehemently and nearly universally, refused to be a part of since its inception.

Even if Haven did, at one point, make a single foray into the R/D game (which has not been proven in any way shape or form), they have stayed out of it since then. Using that as a justification to engage and dismantle one of the older and more iconic roleplay regions is shallow at best and, in my opinion, unbecoming of a moderator who should know better.

I agree.

Even if they did participate that one time, which as far as I can see, there still isn't proof that they did, that hardly means that they want to be involved in perpetuity.

You know what I assume if someone tries something once and then never participates in it afterwards again?

That they didn't like it and don't want to be a part of it.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Maltropia wrote:
The Batorys wrote:We're not fucking playing. You are essentially playing rugby and then going and tackling someone in the audience.

It'd be an audience to a totally different game. It's more like tackling the runners on the track around the pitch.

We're all playing NationStates. Regional warfare exists and all of your nations exist in regions. These metaphors are ridiculous.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:46 pm

The Batorys wrote:Lots of RPers hate milograd and blame him for getting raiders involved with RP regions.

That hate is completely misplaced, and totally ignores the fact that raiders were targeting RP regions before Milograd was even a thing.

Hell, Haven was targeted for a liberation by raiders before Milograd the nation even existed. Haven was raided and griefed before Milograd's coup.

Anyone who blames Milograd for getting involved with RP regions is ignorant of history.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:Nah, you're playing. You and your buddies are just making camp on the edges of the field and getting mad when someone trips over you deliberately seeks out people who are doing their best not to participate in something they've been told time and again they don't have to participate in.

Fixed that quote up for you.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:
...Are you for real?

I mean, I'm for serious, are you for real?

You're only going on the possibility that he might have made an alternate WA nation to raid TSP during that time. You have no actual physical evidence to prove that. For all you know, he may have decided to drop from the WA because he was bored of receiving telegrams for helping the liberation effort. I know I received a few.

Furthermore, you're going to terrorise (oh, I'm sorry, "liberate") an entire region, for the potential actions of one player?
Nope, I'm doing it to open it up to active raiding. Again TSP is not the justification. And I haven't bothered checking the others because we all know that Haven was involved. Claims to the contrary are falling apart every time evidence comes forward.

Okay, I'm going to break this down to just clearly demonstrate how full-blown absurd this is:

Mallorea and Riva wrote: Nope, I'm doing it to open it up to active raiding.

Despite the fact they've all voiced their opinion want not to be involved? You - a moderator of all people - is going to force them into the R/D game even though they've said no? Outstanding.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:I haven't bothered checking the others because we all know that Haven was involved.

Excellent detective work. Scotland Yard should employ you as a Chief Inspector.

"Well, there were five people at the scene of the crime. I've found the culprit, but lets just arrest all of them because they were clearly all involved."

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Claims to the contrary are falling apart every time evidence comes forward.

Really? How'd you come to that conclusion? As it seems to me anyone from the roleplay community - hell, even members of the gameplay community - have yet to be convinced by your own argument. Your own post right here illustrates how you've failed to construct a valid case.

My verdict: 88 should be your lucky number.
Last edited by Kylarnatia on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Nierr wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Once again I would question how many of these roleplayers pouring in here to support Haven were themselves endorsing Milograd during the coup.

And... how many in this thread were endorsing Milograd?

I mean, we know you were in on the coup, but how many of the RPers here were?

I only even vaguely knew about Milo being involved with raiders. I only really know the specifics as a result of this very thread.

Because I'm a fucking RPer. I don't want to be involved with R/D shit.
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Roania
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Roania » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
The Batorys wrote:Very few.

Lots of RPers hate milograd and blame him for getting raiders involved with RP regions.

My nation isn't even in the WA, because it would make no sense IC for a nation like mine to be in such an organization, because sovereignty.
You know that I know various RP'ers in here were in there right? So hearing certain people claim that they hate Milo and never get involved is really fascinating.
Oseato wrote:I'd just like to know why this particular player has decided that people should be forced to play the raiding game. I just don't get it. Shouldn't you, as a mod for the site, try to promote people's ability to use the site as they want and not be forced into something?

Shouldn't you also know better than to propose a target that, when it was last done, caused numerous moderation violations and flame wars? Just seems irresponsible and honestly just an attempt at trolling the members of Haven.

People don't get to flame their way out of aspects of the game.
Vetok wrote:
And looking at that NSHistory you seem to love, the last record for him is December 2013. He's been CTE for nearly eight months and you thought now was the time to post this frankly bullshit excuse for a proposal?

And unlike you, I'll post my evidence; http://nsdossier.texasregion.net/histor ... tart=&end=

Old Father Vir is getting high blood pressure from the scent of bullshit.
What's your point? It CTE after the coup... it participated in the coup... longtime resident of haven... Just like I said.

I've never heard of Milograd, and I've been playing this game a lot longer than you. Had someone come up to me and told me to get involved in R&D because he wanted to launch some imaginary coup in a feeder region, I'd tell him to fuck off and call down the fires of hell upon his cause. I'd probably warn everyone about it just to rub salt in his wounds.

I'm involved in this solely because I loathe R&D, and its players. And I have to admit it's not much of a reason, but it's better than the reason you've proposed for starting this.
Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years!

The Dragon Throne has stood for Ten Thousand Years! For Ten Thousand Years, the Dragon Throne Stands! The Dragon Throne has stood, is standing, and shall stand for Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years!

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:
The Batorys wrote:See, there we disagree.

The whole purpose of founders and passwords is to be able to opt-out of playing that aspect of NS.

As far as we are concerned, NS is RP. To raiders and defenders, it's R/D. Neither is more valid than the other, neither was necessarily intended from the beginning, as R/D rose out of quirks in the game mechanics and people going "we can use our nations like soldiers in armies and take over other regions!". RP rose out of people going "hey, we have nations, we can write about them them interacting with each other on these forums!"

We're not fucking playing. You are essentially playing rugby and then going and tackling someone in the audience.

Nah, you're playing. You and your buddies are just making camp on the field and getting mad when someone trips over you. We're all playing.

Founders can cease to exist. Passwords can be compromised. They're just temporary deterrents. Honestly I have no problem with how you decide to spend your time, I fancy myself some roleplaying as well, but I don't do it in a game where I know regional warfare exists and whine about the game mechanics that existed long before I started playing. Yes, raiding was an unintended consequence. It was not removed, so it's still part of the game. That's honestly all I'm saying.

I am explicitly not playing any of the gameplay stuff. As clearly as possible. I have zero involvement in this, beyond a strong insistence that it not be permitted to impact how I play and interact with my friends. You may raid and defend to your heart's content. Somewhere over there. Away from the people just trying to hang out. It's not exactly rocket surgery.

Don't reward the trolls.

Oseato
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oseato » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:People don't get to flame their way out of aspects of the game.

People get to op out of rping if they don't want to do it, yet we have to R/D because you feel like it. Wow what a great standard! Thanks moderator who CLEARLY respects and values the members of the site!
République morivaine
La Resistance

"If world opinion is too feeble or egoistical to do justice to a martyred people, and if our voices also are too weak, I hope that Hungary’s resistance will endure until the counter-revolutionary State collapses everywhere in the East under the weight of its lies and contradictions."

Albert Camus, The Blood of The Hungarians, 1957

Vetok
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009

Postby Vetok » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
The Batorys wrote:Very few.

Lots of RPers hate milograd and blame him for getting raiders involved with RP regions.

My nation isn't even in the WA, because it would make no sense IC for a nation like mine to be in such an organization, because sovereignty.
You know that I know various RP'ers in here were in there right? So hearing certain people claim that they hate Milo and never get involved is really fascinating.

Hey, here's a thought...name them. Go on. I'm up all night doing other stuff so I've got all the time in the world.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Vetok wrote:
And looking at that NSHistory you seem to love, the last record for him is December 2013. He's been CTE for nearly eight months and you thought now was the time to post this frankly bullshit excuse for a proposal?

And unlike you, I'll post my evidence; http://nsdossier.texasregion.net/histor ... tart=&end=

Old Father Vir is getting high blood pressure from the scent of bullshit.
What's your point? It CTE after the coup... it participated in the coup... longtime resident of haven... Just like I said.

One name. One. One name to justify fucking over an entire region? Pathetic.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:49 pm

It's a shame you've all been lied to over the years, being told you don't have to participate in gameplay, because it's functionally inaccurate. Can't help that, Maltropia.

I understand I don't have to target your group of players, Miehm. That's what makes it fun. I don't enjoy being told not to eat the forbidden fruit.
Last edited by Ambroscus Koth on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:50 pm

My favorite part of this thread are all the people who deployed WA's to the TSP Coup claiming their innocence. This isn't an RP where you can just edit out your post and it never happened, kiddos. Gameplay has history records ;)
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:It's a shame you've all been lied to over the years, being told you don't have to participate in gameplay, because it's functionally inaccurate. Can't help that, Maltropia.

I understand I don't have to target your group of players, Miehm. That's what makes it fun. I don't enjoy being told not to eat the forbidden fruit.

Case in point, if anyone's wondering.
Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years!

The Dragon Throne has stood for Ten Thousand Years! For Ten Thousand Years, the Dragon Throne Stands! The Dragon Throne has stood, is standing, and shall stand for Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years!

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Nierr wrote:
The Batorys wrote:Lots of RPers hate milograd and blame him for getting raiders involved with RP regions.

That hate is completely misplaced, and totally ignores the fact that raiders were targeting RP regions before Milograd was even a thing.

Hell, Haven was targeted for a liberation by raiders before Milograd the nation even existed. Haven was raided and griefed before Milograd's coup.

Anyone who blames Milograd for getting involved with RP regions is ignorant of history.

It is fair to point out though that TSP didn't help, especially when he got Haven involved.
Katalonua wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote: Nope, I'm doing it to open it up to active raiding. Again TSP is not the justification. And I haven't bothered checking the others because we all know that Haven was involved. Claims to the contrary are falling apart every time evidence comes forward.
Cravan has been there for years prior to his CTE. Check the history. I don't need to lie about this, and the worst part is that the Roleplayers know that I'm telling the truth. Huge numbers of them were involved.

But here's the problem: You want to raid Haven. You haven't made this a secret. Which means the same rule of mistrust applies to you. We don't want to see it raided, so we're very likely to be biased and will likely omit evidence that runs contrary to our interests.

You, however, do want to see it raided. So you're also likely to be very biased.

There is a good chance you know what really went down, but we can't take your word for it since you have admitted that raiding Haven is in your interests, thus, any evidence you may have that would run contrary to the interest might be excluded for your own gain. Just as many of the RPers might be acting out of their own interests.
If Haven hadn't been involved in TSP then I would have chosen The Proletariat Coalition for this effort. TSP was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak, in that while it is not by itself a huge thing or argument in my proposal, having it bolstered it just enough to make it work. I'm fine with opposition, no one is forced to support or agree.
Vetok wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote: You know that I know various RP'ers in here were in there right? So hearing certain people claim that they hate Milo and never get involved is really fascinating.

Hey, here's a thought...name them. Go on. I'm up all night doing other stuff so I've got all the time in the world.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:What's your point? It CTE after the coup... it participated in the coup... longtime resident of haven... Just like I said.

I could show that every nation in Haven had their WA nation disappear during the coup and the dissenters here would claim that I can't know where their WA nation actually went. They've already claimed as much.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:My favorite part of this thread are all the people who deployed WA's to the TSP Coup claiming their innocence. This isn't an RP where you can just edit out your post and it never happened, kiddos. Gameplay has history records ;)

My favorite part is how you and Mall are accusing people of this without any proof. Another case in point.

Boy, you R&Ders really are the worst people.

Feazanthia
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2004

Postby Feazanthia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:52 pm

<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'
The Local Cluster - an FT Region

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:52 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Nierr wrote:That hate is completely misplaced, and totally ignores the fact that raiders were targeting RP regions before Milograd was even a thing.

It is fair to point out though that TSP didn't help, especially when he got Haven involved.
Katalonua wrote:

If Haven hadn't been involved in TSP then I would have chosen The Proletariat Coalition for this effort. TSP was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak, in that while it is not by itself a huge thing or argument in my proposal, having it bolstered it just enough to make it work. I'm fine with opposition, no one is forced to support or agree.
Vetok wrote:

I could show that every nation in Haven had their WA nation disappear during the coup and the dissenters here would claim that I can't know where their WA nation actually went. They've already claimed as much.

Alright, show me how Zepplin Manufacturers, who got me involved in this stupid debate in the first place, was involved in the TSP 'coup'. That's all I want. One name. Surely you can do it.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:52 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:It's a shame you've all been lied to over the years, being told you don't have to participate in gameplay, because it's functionally inaccurate. Can't help that, Maltropia.

So you're explicitly a troll. At leat you're honest about being here for the sole purpose of harassing others.

Don't reward the trolls.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:
Nierr wrote:No it doesn't. Take it from someone who knows the author personally and knows his intentions.

It has nothing to do with a hierarchy.

Never mind the fact that game mechanics means that that hierarchy exists anyway.

I don't care about his intentions as you ascribe them to him. It's crap, and I'll say it's crap until my fingers fall off.

It totally does. It's about the ability of raiders to harass roleplayers at will.

Maybe we should gut the game mechanics then, so we can be left the fuck alone.

You know what?

Yes.

Fuck it.

If we have to destroy half the game to be left the goddamn fuck alone, then yeah, at this point, I'd support that.

We have asked nicely. Repeatedly. We've pleaded. All we want is to be left to RP in peace. Is that so fucking much to ask? We've been assured that having founders would make it so we could opt out of R/D, and that in their absence, passwords would do it.

But apparently that's now to be disregarded, so that people can come in and have their fun at our expense in a way we don't want to participate in.

So fuck it.

Vetok
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009

Postby Vetok » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:53 pm

I understand I don't have to target your group of players, Miehm. That's what makes it fun.

Nobody cares. Really. When Miehm and the others realise that it takes a minimum of effort on our part just to stop you fucking us over for the hell of it, they'll realise it was silly getting hot about it. In the end, you can do only what we let you.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Vetok wrote:

Show us. You're hiding behind smoke and mirrors baby, and you're not a magician good enough to cover that.

Oseato
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oseato » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:My favorite part of this thread are all the people who deployed WA's to the TSP Coup claiming their innocence. This isn't an RP where you can just edit out your post and it never happened, kiddos. Gameplay has history records ;)

Ah the smug superiority of R/Ders. Never change guys!
République morivaine
La Resistance

"If world opinion is too feeble or egoistical to do justice to a martyred people, and if our voices also are too weak, I hope that Hungary’s resistance will endure until the counter-revolutionary State collapses everywhere in the East under the weight of its lies and contradictions."

Albert Camus, The Blood of The Hungarians, 1957

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
1) Haven was involved in TSP. They had the embassy, embassies which were given in exchange for support. How many of you roleplayers who have flooded this thread were there too? More than a few, fun fact. You can play the victim all you want and feign ignorance of what happened, but to argue that Haven was uninvolved is simply lying. Getting that embassy with haven and concessions in the WFE to various RP regions were critical to gaining the support that allowed the 2013 coup to last ten days instead of only three. For those who complain that I was involved in the Coup of TSP: wouldn't that make me the resident expert on who was and was not involved?

Even if they were involved (and more than enough people have vehemently denied their involvement), that doesn't justify any of this. You really come off as if you're trying to abuse your powers to correct some personal grudge.

2) This is where I see a lot of confusion. The line regarding TSP is not a justification for the proposal. That line exists to serve as a rebuttal to a potential counterargument, it is not by itself a justification but rather seeks to undermine the justification for voting against. The other clauses justify the Liberation: namely that the activity generated by raiding it outweighs the "rights" of the natives to continue rotting behind the password. People keep touting the amazing history of Haven, but I'm the only one who is attempting to give it a future.

Well it's a shit counter-argument. Find a better reason for stripping a RP region of its PW so raiders can destroy it other than "I claim they were involved in TSP coup", especially when all I've heard is that you yourself were part of that raid.

3) There is nothing sneaky about this proposal. I say in the text that I want this to result in a raid of Haven. So the various people who are accusing me of lying or trying to be sneaky probably haven't actually read the text of the proposal.

You can keep saying that you aren't being sneaky and that people haven't read the text (we have and it's a pretty elementary piece of writing so its not hard to comprehend), but this has "personal grudge" written all over it to me.

4) Hey you can think whatever you want about raiding. If you disagree, then vote against. The SC Liberation feature exists to strip regions of their autonomy as the voters see fit. If the voters see fit in this case then that will happen to Haven.

This shouldn't even be up to vote. You're trying to strip a RP region of its password for a completely illegitimate reason and force it to participate in a part of a game that none of its members want.

Lastly please keep in mind that accusations of rulebreaking such as flaming, trolling, moderator abuse, etc, do not belong in this thread. They belong in the moderation forum. Obviously I will not be moderating any aspect of this thread, so posting the claims here won't do anything other than rile people up, so as a player I'd appreciate it if that was kept in mind.

People should duly report what they see wrong with this to the proper channels, but calling this out for something that seems pretty obvious isn't that unfair.

People are posting their opinion
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:55 pm

The Batorys wrote:
Mini Miehm wrote:
I don't care about his intentions as you ascribe them to him. It's crap, and I'll say it's crap until my fingers fall off.

It totally does. It's about the ability of raiders to harass roleplayers at will.

You know what?

Yes.

Fuck it.

If we have to destroy half the game to be left the goddamn fuck alone, then yeah, at this point, I'd support that.

We have asked nicely. Repeatedly. We've pleaded. All we want is to be left to RP in peace. Is that so fucking much to ask? We've been assured that having founders would make it so we could opt out of R/D, and that in their absence, passwords would do it.

But apparently that's now to be disregarded, so that people can come in and have their fun at our expense in a way we don't want to participate in.

So fuck it.

Sounds good to me.

Cata Larga
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cata Larga » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:56 pm

The Batorys wrote:
Mini Miehm wrote:

You know what?

Yes.

Fuck it.

So fuck it.

Hear fucking hear.

I'm sick and tired of the R/D community finding any excuse, if not openly provoking the RP community, to kick our sandcastles.
The Confederated Free Cities and Departments of the Catalarguense Commonwealth
“Invikta" - "Unconquered"
Capital: Puerte-de-Liberete | Largest City: Kapa-Trinieta | Population: 97,370,679
Quotes
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:>jesus: the secret muslim
Constaniana wrote:No, you see, when a football player is good enough, they start getting funny, but natural, urges. Urges that tell them to mark their dominance over other players by sinking their teeth into their flesh.
Storefronts
None worth mentioning

Alliances
None

Current Foreign Involvements
None

Miscellany
The Litorean Catholic Church recognizes the authority of the Roman Curia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council