NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Thread: The Eternity of Eternally Eternal

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:18 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:Since the ideas are worthless so is knowledge of it's author. The less said about him the better.

So because his economic ideas were mostly bunk, we should ignore the fact that his communist manifesto was one of the single most influential books in recent human history. Also seeing as Hitler lost WW2 and Nazisim is a worthless system ;let's skip teaching about WW2 while were at it.

Don't forget Fascism. *nod* There goes 1930s Europe!
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:
Since the ideas are worthless so is knowledge of it's author. The less said about him the better.

You're just mad Karl Marx is an important figure taught in school while Ayn Rand might as well be Hitler's dog.

To be honest I like Hitler's dog better then Ayn Rand. At least Blondi didn't write a trashy novel that has somehow taken hold of a good chunk of the republican party.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Typhlochactas
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Typhlochactas » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
Typhlochactas wrote:

Why is rational self interest true just because there are objective truths and morals? Being altruistic would be against Rand's morals, but she can't prove her morals are objective.

Check your premiss.

'Rational self interest is objectively moral because rational self interest follows from objective morality.'

That's just a tautology.

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:
Since the ideas are worthless so is knowledge of it's author. The less said about him the better.

You're just mad Karl Marx is an important figure taught in school while Ayn Rand might as well be Hitler's dog.

Karl Marx taught in school. That's funny. So is Hitler BTW. How many copies of the communist manifesto or das kapital have been sold vs Atlas Shrugged over the last 10 years?
"Perhaps the fact that we have seen millions voting themselves into complete dependence on a tyrant has made our generation understand that to choose one's government is not necessarily to secure freedom."

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:*Needs nana hugs*

:hug:
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Oh my Jeez, Google Chrome's got me addicted. All these apps! And the Webcam Toy is so fun! *dies*

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote::( Indie hugs?

*hugs Melly*

*nuzzle*
Gidge's Art Hole viewtopic.php?p=13913891#p13913891
Poetry viewtopic.php?p=9776917#p9776917
Escalation complete: Lordy is my cuddly BFF

Gaveo
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Bruh.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:*hugs Melly*

*nuzzle*

*gives more hugs*
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:You're just mad Karl Marx is an important figure taught in school while Ayn Rand might as well be Hitler's dog.

Karl Marx taught in school. That's funny. So is Hitler BTW. How many copies of the communist manifesto or das kapital have been sold vs Atlas Shrugged over the last 10 years?

Yeah Hitler is an important historical figure. He belongs in a history book. Also I'm willing to bet Communist Manifesto has outsold Atlas Shrugged.
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Maudlnya
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maudlnya » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Meritocracy is better
Wait, I still exist?

Gaveo
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm

I feel left out.
Bruh.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:You're just mad Karl Marx is an important figure taught in school while Ayn Rand might as well be Hitler's dog.

I have a copy of the Communist Manifesto on my laptop. Hell if I'm going to buy Atlas Shrugged, more like check it out from the library.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Objectiveland wrote:

So we should be reading from the Bible and have Bible studies in school, amirite?
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Gaveo wrote:I feel left out.

Why?
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Maudlnya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Maudlnya » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Gaveo wrote:I feel left out.

:hug: :kiss: awwwwww
Wait, I still exist?

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

Yeah Hitler is an important historical figure. He belongs in a history book. Also I'm willing to bet Communist Manifesto has outsold Atlas Shrugged.

Think again. I did say over the last 10 years BTW. Shows relevance.
"Perhaps the fact that we have seen millions voting themselves into complete dependence on a tyrant has made our generation understand that to choose one's government is not necessarily to secure freedom."

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote:*Needs nana hugs*

:hug: :hug: :hug: :kiss:
Gidge's Art Hole viewtopic.php?p=13913891#p13913891
Poetry viewtopic.php?p=9776917#p9776917
Escalation complete: Lordy is my cuddly BFF

Maudlnya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Maudlnya » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Maudlnya wrote:...

Meritocracy is better

I should make this more clear......
Wait, I still exist?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :kiss:

Much love to Melly.
Slava Ukraini

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:23 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

Atlas Shrugged has sold 7 million copies, while the Communist Manifesto has sold around 14 million IIRC.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

So we should be reading from the Bible and have Bible studies in school, amirite?

50 Shades of Grey is on the bestseller list. Clearly it should be taught in English classes alongside Shakespeare.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Yeah Hitler is an important historical figure. He belongs in a history book. Also I'm willing to bet Communist Manifesto has outsold Atlas Shrugged.

Think again. I did say over the last 10 years BTW. Shows relevance.

A generation of people with the attention span of toast preferring to read Atlas Shrugged is supposed to be a badge of honor?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:24 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:So we should be reading from the Bible and have Bible studies in school, amirite?

50 Shades of Grey is on the bestseller list. Clearly it should be taught in English classes alongside Shakespeare.

Sure, along Twilight and Naruto.
Slava Ukraini

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:25 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:So we should be reading from the Bible and have Bible studies in school, amirite?

And Twilight alongside Arthur Miller and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives