NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Thread - So NSG, What's Going On?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Indeos wrote:
The Corparation wrote:You just now learned this?

No, I've known for a while, but it wasn't until now that I wanted to devote my life to bringing him back and making him immortal.

On an unrelated note, today is apparently my lucky day. Charge against me got dropped, and I somehow managed to suggest that a female friend and I mess around without any negative consequences.

1)Agreed he's on my resurrect list. Along with Asimov, Clarke, Einstein, Von Braun, Rommel, Teddy Roosevelt Jr, Bradbury and Dyson (Last two are not yet dead but they will be by the time I have enough SCIENCE! to put my plans into action)
2) That's good to hear
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Indeos
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:38 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Indeos wrote:
No, I've known for a while, but it wasn't until now that I wanted to devote my life to bringing him back and making him immortal.

On an unrelated note, today is apparently my lucky day. Charge against me got dropped, and I somehow managed to suggest that a female friend and I mess around without any negative consequences.

1)Agreed he's on my resurrect list. Along with Asimov, Clarke, Einstein, Von Braun, Rommel, Teddy Roosevelt Jr, Bradbury and Dyson (Last two are not yet dead but they will be by the time I have enough SCIENCE! to put my plans into action)
2) That's good to hear

Asimov definitely should be, and I can't argue with anyone on that list except maybe Rommel. I just don't see a reason to bring him back. (Though, to be honest, Roosevelt won't be adding much to science either.)
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or http://kraftyradio.com/ every Sunday, 6-7pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Dear Jenrak - Give cancer the banhammer!
Serious Name: The Imperial Fiefdoms of Indeos
NSG: Proud Honorary Son of the Sea Queen Of Connaught
Long Live The Community! Long Live Max!

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Indeos wrote:
The Corparation wrote:1)Agreed he's on my resurrect list. Along with Asimov, Clarke, Einstein, Von Braun, Rommel, Teddy Roosevelt Jr, Bradbury and Dyson (Last two are not yet dead but they will be by the time I have enough SCIENCE! to put my plans into action)
2) That's good to hear

Asimov definitely should be, and I can't argue with anyone on that list except maybe Rommel. I just don't see a reason to bring him back. (Though, to be honest, Roosevelt won't be adding much to science either.)

Rommel was a brilliant military tactician and a proper gentlemen, he'd be a neat person to talk to.
Last edited by The Corparation on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:44 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Indeos wrote:

Rommel was a brilliant military tactician and a proper gentlemen, he'd be a neat person to talk to.

We don't need brilliant military tacticians. Part of the reason I find Sagan so inspiring is because he (along with most science giants) really isn't in favor of warfare. From what I've read of Asimov and Bradbury, neither of them were fond of it; the idea behind science was to eliminate the need for such things. (Seriously, read Foundation, if you haven't. Asimov indirectly denounces warfare through Hari Seldon's axiom and the actions of his characters, as well as offering alternative forces to achieve roughly the same ends in a way that is ultimately beneficial.)
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:48 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Indeos wrote:

It is a shame toothbrush man made him kill himself.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Indeos wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Rommel was a brilliant military tactician and a proper gentlemen, he'd be a neat person to talk to.

We don't need brilliant military tacticians. Part of the reason I find Sagan so inspiring is because he (along with most science giants) really isn't in favor of warfare. From what I've read of Asimov and Bradbury, neither of them were fond of it; the idea behind science was to eliminate the need for such things. (Seriously, read Foundation, if you haven't. Asimov indirectly denounces warfare through Hari Seldon's axiom and the actions of his characters, as well as offering alternative forces to achieve roughly the same ends in a way that is ultimately beneficial.)

I loved the foundation series, I need to find my copy though. I also never said we needed him, I think it'd just be neat top talk to him. Probably one of the only member of the Third Reich I admire. (I don't admire Von Braun he was a little too into the whole Nazi stuff. I do respect his work and accomplishments though.)

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:52 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Indeos wrote:

I loved the foundation series, I need to find my copy though. I also never said we needed him, I think it'd just be neat top talk to him. Probably one of the only member of the Third Reich I admire. (I don't admire Von Braun he was a little too into the whole Nazi stuff. I do respect his work and accomplishments though.)

I don't believe in wasting what will probably be extremely valuable technology on relics of a bygone era. If we're going to resurrect people, we should start with all the greats of science; if they can all work together just imagine what humanity can accomplish. We'll have the solar system settled in mere decades, and likely far beyond that explored.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Indeos wrote:
The Corparation wrote:I loved the foundation series, I need to find my copy though. I also never said we needed him, I think it'd just be neat top talk to him. Probably one of the only member of the Third Reich I admire. (I don't admire Von Braun he was a little too into the whole Nazi stuff. I do respect his work and accomplishments though.)

I don't believe in wasting what will probably be extremely valuable technology on relics of a bygone era. If we're going to resurrect people, we should start with all the greats of science; if they can all work together just imagine what humanity can accomplish. We'll have the solar system settled in mere decades, and likely far beyond that explored.

Hey what good is history if you can't learn from it? Besides that's half the purpose in such a machine for me, allowing me to speak to people whom I admire from history. The other half of course is SCIENCE!

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mushet » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Rommel was a brilliant military tactician and a proper gentlemen, he'd be a neat person to talk to.

It is a shame toothbrush man made him kill himself.

Hey Hath, do you approve of my sig modification? :p
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Damn its been slow tonight, well of for the night you few people whoever that are still on.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Mushet wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:It is a shame toothbrush man made him kill himself.

Hey Hath, do you approve of my sig modification? :p

It is the truth.

Final text here.

Zeth Rekia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeth Rekia » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Finding a sexy loli mod for Oblivion is stressing my fragile little sizzled brains. Why can't it be easier?

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mushet » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Mushet wrote:Hey Hath, do you approve of my sig modification? :p

It is the truth.

I can't wait to show Nana or Homosexy or somebody like that, they might get a kick out of it :p
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Mushet wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:It is the truth.

I can't wait to show Nana or Homosexy or somebody like that, they might get a kick out of it :p

Probably.

Final text here.

Zeth Rekia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeth Rekia » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:48 pm

I really hate how these headphone makes the scratching noise when the computer thinks...

That, and I find it harder to walk recently.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:16 am

Well cat, if you're gonna keep coming here to eat I'll have to name you something.
Ideas, NSG?
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:23 am

Erinkita wrote:Well cat, if you're gonna keep coming here to eat I'll have to name you something.
Ideas, NSG?

Nyan.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:25 am

Norstal wrote:
Erinkita wrote:Well cat, if you're gonna keep coming here to eat I'll have to name you something.
Ideas, NSG?

Nyan.

I like it in theory, but it's a little awkward to pronounce.
Justice for Jane Doe

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:14 am

Ugh. Can't sleep.
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:24 am

8)

Today's the day I go to an award ceremony! 8)
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

Yuktova
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuktova » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:29 am

I hate school...

See you laterz guys!
I'm Morrissey... Nice to meet you.
Goldsaver said: This is murder, not a romantic date!

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:36 am

Coffee Cakes wrote:Ugh. Can't sleep.

:hug: Poor Cakes.

Ionian Knights wrote:8)

Cool. What's it for?
Justice for Jane Doe

Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:42 am

Erinkita wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:Ugh. Can't sleep.

:hug: Poor Cakes.

Ionian Knights wrote:8)

Cool. What's it for?

4.0ing first semester...
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:47 am

Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:48 am

PreviousNext

Advertisement