NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Thread - So NSG, What's Going On?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:57 pm

FoxTropica wrote:
Creative Vikings wrote:Now if you want to commint a crime, you just watch a couple of seasons of those shows

Sometimes i find myself thinking about how i would get away with a crime, even if i would never want, need, Or think about committing it. :unsure:

Better run, the ThoughtPolice are onto you.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:57 pm

FoxTropica wrote:
Creative Vikings wrote:Now if you want to commint a crime, you just watch a couple of seasons of those shows

Sometimes i find myself thinking about how i would get away with a crime, even if i would never want, need, Or think about committing it. :unsure:

It's just a mental exercise. Keeps you brain limber. Don't stress about it.
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

FoxTropica
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby FoxTropica » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
FoxTropica wrote:Sometimes i find myself thinking about how i would get away with a crime, even if i would never want, need, Or think about committing it. :unsure:

Better run, the ThoughtPolice are onto you.

No Worries, I've often thought about how to avoid the thought police...Never thought I'd need to use it..

*Stops thinking*

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Xeng He wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:I feel tired, please forgive my silence.

*punishes you for your silence*

I'm sorry. :(

I'm about to hit the bed in a few minutes, but I had really nothing to do, so that's why I showed up.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Milks Empire wrote:
Creative Vikings wrote:What's happening?

FBI agent turns vigilante on this guy who got off mutilating and killing a bunch of women. Took 'em until halfway through the episode to figure out that the agent did it.

And now the suspect just offed herself right there in front of Benson.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
The Corparation wrote:That show alkong with the CSI shows is one of the worst things ever to hit the legal system.

Agreed. I don't like it when the legal system gets turned into a soap opera.

Is not the soap opera part that irks me. What irks me is that the lega system now has to deal with people who think the legal system is like what its on TV. I've read a few things where it's been argued a lot of people areoing free because people on the Jury watch stuff like CSI and assume that you have to have DNA evidence or some other usually trivial plot device in a case to convict someone.

Milks Empire wrote:
Creative Vikings wrote:What's happening?

FBI agent turns vigilante on this guy who got off mutilating and killing a bunch of women. Took 'em until halfway through the episode to figure out that the agent did it.

That's meh. Not disturbing because its fairly cliche. You want disturbing? Try "A Serbian Film" I strongly encourage people to not watch it and continue relatively innocent lives or stock up on brain bleach.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:59 pm

FoxTropica wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:Better run, the ThoughtPolice are onto you.

No Worries, I've often thought about how to avoid the thought police...Never thought I'd need to use it..

*Stops thinking*

Isn't it impossible to stop thinking without being brain-dead, in a coma, or of course dead?
"Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still."

Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Creative Vikings » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:59 pm

FoxTropica wrote:

*Stops thinking*

The only way to avoid them is to think of your plan. You're in a chokehold now...

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:00 pm

The Corparation wrote:"A Serbian Film"

Hehehehehehe

FoxTropica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby FoxTropica » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Wazkyraque wrote:
FoxTropica wrote:No Worries, I've often thought about how to avoid the thought police...Never thought I'd need to use it..

*Stops thinking*

Isn't it impossible to stop thinking without being brain-dead, in a coma, or of course dead?

I'm a pilot, not a doctor.. :unsure:

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:00 pm

FoxTropica wrote:

*Stops thinking*

Damn it He's on to us. Quickly out of the van, we've got act fast to correct this one.
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
I'm sorry. :(

That's the second person that didn't get the joke. :lol:

It's okay. :)
Last edited by Xeng He on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Wazkyraque wrote:
The Corparation wrote:"A Serbian Film"

Hehehehehehe

I take it you've seen it too?

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Milks Empire wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:FBI agent turns vigilante on this guy who got off mutilating and killing a bunch of women. Took 'em until halfway through the episode to figure out that the agent did it.

And now the suspect just offed herself right there in front of Benson.

That's not too disturbing. I remember one where this sister apparently got raped, and it turned out it was the brother or something, and that it was mutual. Then it just ended without an epilogue or anything.

To be honest, why they don't quit that job after 12 years surprises me deeply.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:01 pm

The Corparation wrote:Is not the soap opera part that irks me. What irks me is that the lega system now has to deal with people who think the legal system is like what its on TV. I've read a few things where it's been argued a lot of people areoing free because people on the Jury watch stuff like CSI and assume that you have to have DNA evidence or some other usually trivial plot device in a case to convict someone.

I tried to include that particular part of the series in the soap opera comment.

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:02 pm

FoxTropica wrote:
Wazkyraque wrote:Isn't it impossible to stop thinking without being brain-dead, in a coma, or of course dead?

Are you a neurologist?

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Xeng He wrote:That's the second person that didn't get the joke. :lol:

It's okay. :)

What was the joke? :p

War Eagles
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby War Eagles » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:
Sorry, Josh's poke ball is better. ;p

D'aww. No wonder I chose you. :]
Coffee Cakes wrote:10 months...
If everything works out...

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. :]

Heh. :blush:

And I'm getting that month planned a bit at a time.
I'm still hoping to see you at least once, the night before I see my family the weekend I'm down, but I'm gonna try and see you more than once. With either a 21 day or 60 day bus pass, there's no excuse on my end at least for it not happening. :hug:
Retro Lyra wrote:
War Eagles wrote:I'll drink to that.
That motto will bring you far on NS.
Grainne Ni Malley wrote: Stop being self-involved and beating yourself over the head for what you can't change. Just do the right thing now. :)

The Parkus Empire wrote:I think it's time we took Mother Nature down to Guantanamo and beat the living shit out of that bitch and until she bleeds freedom and clear skies.

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:It's funny how after awhile the maniacs, fundamentalists, political extremists of every stripe and perverts of NSG seem more sane as a whole than 'normal society'.

Sucrati wrote:

FoxTropica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby FoxTropica » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Wazkyraque wrote:
FoxTropica wrote:I'm a pilot, not a doctor.. :unsure:

Are you a neurologist?

Nope......
I'm not legally a pilot either, i hope its not a protected title.......I also hope they don't find out I've been flying a Taped Together Cessna Out of Cuba for the past 3 years..
Last edited by FoxTropica on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Creative Vikings » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 pm

I wonder what the films Clockwork Orange and Donnie Darko would be like if adapted for a children's audience

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:04 pm

FoxTropica wrote:
Wazkyraque wrote:Isn't it impossible to stop thinking without being brain-dead, in a coma, or of course dead?

It's a Catchphrase not a meme.

Thus its okay to use every now and then. Memes are evil and allowing them to continue them is a crime against humanity.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:05 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:FBI agent turns vigilante on this guy who got off mutilating and killing a bunch of women. Took 'em until halfway through the episode to figure out that the agent did it.

That's meh. Not disturbing because its fairly cliche. You want disturbing? Try "A Serbian Film" I strongly encourage people to not watch it and continue relatively innocent lives or stock up on brain bleach.

I saw a review/recap of that thing... *shudders*
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:05 pm

The Corparation wrote:
FoxTropica wrote:I'm a pilot, not a doctor.. :unsure:

It's a Catchphrase not a meme.

Thus its okay to use every now and then. Memes are evil and allowing them to continue them is a crime against humanity.

I used to think like this until I took an arrow to the knee.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:05 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:
Agreed. I don't like it when the legal system gets turned into a soap opera.

Is not the soap opera part that irks me. What irks me is that the lega system now has to deal with people who think the legal system is like what its on TV. I've read a few things where it's been argued a lot of people areoing free because people on the Jury watch stuff like CSI and assume that you have to have DNA evidence or some other usually trivial plot device in a case to convict someone.

"Members of the Jury, Mr. Goldbloom gave us a statement admitting that he murdered his wife, Sophia, right Mr. Goldbloom."

"Yes, it's true. I murdered my wife with a frying pan."

"Where is your DNA evidence?"

"... What?"

"Yes, you heard me. You need to prove he did it."

"But the defendant admitted to the murder."

"But he could be lying."

"Why would he be lying?!"

"Until we have DNA evidence, we, the Jury, decide that Mr. Goldbloom is innocent."

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Creative Vikings wrote:I wonder what the films Clockwork Orange and Donnie Darko would be like if adapted for a children's audience

Honestly it would make the kids think more, serve to wake them about humanity's darker side.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives