NATION

PASSWORD

Why do people hate F7?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zetion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zetion » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Shitstorm Achieved :D
“God has no religion”
~ Mahatma Gandhi~

"Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above principles." ~George Jean Nathan~

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:57 pm

The Guardianlands wrote:
Yootwopia wrote:We've already explained that it's a shit hole due to being full of autistics, attention whores, and people experiencing severe existential angst.

You Dickwad! I'm autistic! You say it like it's something to be hated.

*** Warned for flaming ***

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:57 pm

On topic reply: I do not hate F7, in fact I've posted in F7 for quite a while. Nowadays I just ignore it though, just like I ignore all RP fora. Also technical, moderation, gameplay and the WA fora are not visited frequently by me, but those might get the sporadical visit.

So no hate, just ignoring it since when I look at it I do not see any thread that I want to post in. It wouldn't give me satisfaction.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Yootwopia wrote:We've already explained that it's a shit hole due to being full of autistics, attention whores, and people experiencing severe existential angst.

Whoa there, no need to insult those of us people experiencing severe existential angst.

Even we hate it.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 pm

F7 is the bastard child of NSG and II.
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

ZellDincht
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ZellDincht » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 pm

I like F7, it makes me laugh.
"You must be the change you want to see in the World."-Ghandi
"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now."

Zetion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zetion » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Katganistan wrote:
The Guardianlands wrote:You Dickwad! I'm autistic! You say it like it's something to be hated.

*** Warned for flaming ***

Kag your in for a long thread.
“God has no religion”
~ Mahatma Gandhi~

"Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above principles." ~George Jean Nathan~

Sailsia
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sailsia » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Vonners wrote:F7 is pointless, has nothing of interest to offer and impacts the performance of the rest of site by taking up bandwidth and storage. And seems to be inhabited by hormonal and pre-hormonal troglodytes who are just about capable of expressing their thoughts in a rational manner. On a good day. After rubbing one out.

lol. the first part is my problem with F7. II and NSG have contributed to my intellectual growth, F7 doesn't. In the end, it's just such a MASSIVE use of server-space.
Last edited by Sailsia on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP RON PAUL
Author of the U.S. Constitution
July 4, 1776 - September 11, 2001

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Sailsia wrote:lol. the first part is my problem with F7. II and NSG have contributed to my intellectual growth, F7 doesn't.

Note: you never claimed NSG made a positive contribution. I would have needed a source for that. :P

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Zetion wrote:
Katganistan wrote:*** Warned for flaming ***

Kag your in for a long thread.

*shrug*
As long as people feel the need to act as if being vicious to each other was ever acceptable here, or if somehow being here longer lets you get a pass when slagging a newer nation, my dominance in the Mod Olympics is assured.

Of course, people could destroy any hope I have of winning said Olympics by taking a deep breath and behaving like civil, thinking folks.

(And to think, one of the complaints is that we mods look to avoid work.....)

Zetion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zetion » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Zetion wrote:Kag your in for a long thread.

*shrug*
As long as people feel the need to act as if being vicious to each other was ever acceptable here, or if somehow being here longer lets you get a pass when slagging a newer nation, my dominance in the Mod Olympics is assured.

Of course, people could destroy any hope I have of winning said Olympics by taking a deep breath and behaving like civil, thinking folks.

I still dont understand why there is much hatred to two boards on the same site.
For goodness sake this isnt 4chan.
“God has no religion”
~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Sarkhaan
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarkhaan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:10 pm

It isn't my style, personally. I dislike it because it is part of the reason that General has become significantly less social and community-based, but beyond that, I don't even remember it exists most of the time.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Katganistan wrote:

*shrug*

*gives Katganistan the NS Moderator Olympics gold medal"

I'll say NSG has taught me to avoid fallacies. That's about it really.
F7 just helps me be creative.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Alversia
Minister

Founded: Apr 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:10 pm

F7 does have some good points, I like a good WW2 thread every now and then, but it's exceptionally difficult to keep up with people who feel that a one sentence post every thirty seconds beats a 200 word post every hour or so...
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Sailsia
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sailsia » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Forum 7 is just a different concept than NS. NS is mostly about countries. F7 isn't. NSG isn't either, but it serves a greater purpose. Think of F7 as being the cartoons that will "rot your brain" and NSG as being the News.

(everything else is a mix of good shows and crap)
RIP RON PAUL
Author of the U.S. Constitution
July 4, 1776 - September 11, 2001

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:17 pm

So there's a surprise - a thread raising (for the nth time) reasonable concerns met with absolutely nothing from any moderator to indicate they were taking the concerns on-board and locked on flimsy grounds.

Shock, shock, horror, horror, shock, shock, horror.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Nadkor wrote:So there's a surprise - a thread raising (for the nth time) reasonable concerns met with absolutely nothing from any moderator to indicate they were taking the concerns on-board and locked on flimsy grounds.

Flaming and trolling sure didn't lead to that, nope...
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Katganistan wrote:

*shrug*

Wait, does this mean that you are closely observing this thread just to win the Mod Olympics? :p
The Blaatschapen should resign

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:Flaming and trolling sure didn't lead to that, nope...

It's the way it's bundled to me. Yes, there's definitely less-than-stellar behavior taking place. But the legitimate gripes are thrown under the bus alongside it.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
Nadkor wrote:So there's a surprise - a thread raising (for the nth time) reasonable concerns met with absolutely nothing from any moderator to indicate they were taking the concerns on-board and locked on flimsy grounds.

Yeah, Kat was right in her analysis of it, and it isn't as though the exact same concern isn't being brought up, for the nth time, in this thread, in which it was recommended the exact same discussion could continue.

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Since Katganistan locked the other thread for no good reason despite the discussion that had sprung up in it, and advised us to continue the discussion in this largely unrelated thread:

Demoness wrote:Perhaps as an "outsider" who hasn't legitimately posted in several years my perspective is skewed, but the forums seem to be the same as they always were. I left with the population boom, but I monitored its growth for a long time afterward. Threads tend to be the same rehashed subjects dressed up in new debates. RPs are always going to be the same ideas, especially since everyone loves war, but even the actual debates and "fun" threads are recycled, sometimes even from the past week.

While this is definitely true, there has been a palpable change in how the forum seems to "feel". It's hard to explain, but I don't think it's all just in my head because I'm not the only one who has reported that. Nor has it been just posters who joined around the same time as me. People who joined anytime between 2003 and 2008, with their formative years anywhere in that range, tend to concur.
Signatures are for losers.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:20 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Katganistan wrote:*shrug*

Wait, does this mean that you are closely observing this thread just to win the Mod Olympics? :p

MOD ABUSE!111!!1!

Kat's obviously Zaroff in this game. :p
Last edited by Buffett and Colbert on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Vonners wrote:F7 is pointless, has nothing of interest to offer and impacts the performance of the rest of site by taking up bandwidth and storage. And seems to be inhabited by hormonal and pre-hormonal troglodytes who are just about capable of expressing their thoughts in a rational manner. On a good day. After rubbing one out.

^mainly this. I get enough hormonal troglodytes during the day, I don't need it in my free time.

Alversia wrote:F7 does have some good points, I like a good WW2 thread every now and then, but it's exceptionally difficult to keep up with people who feel that a one sentence post every thirty seconds beats a 200 word post every hour or so...

200 words an hour isn't so great compared to 1,500~ words every two weeks or so.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Gratislavia
Minister

Founded: May 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gratislavia » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

I "dislike" F7 because i am a follower of II and tend to play the more serious side of role play
"Direction Nationale de Notreceau"

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:

Of course not. Also, no suggestion was made to continue the discussion about why the hate for F7 anywhere else, nor was the lock explained at all. Also, clearly, there is favoritism going on here since the moderator warned both sides for flaming the other and isn't siding with longer established nations just because they're longer established.

My god, it's almost as if there's a level playing field! We can't have that!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General