NATION

PASSWORD

The Future for Homosexuality

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:29 am

Imperial Union of America wrote:
The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster wrote:...no, you can't. This 'it's a choice' thing be bullshit of the highest order.

being a homosexual is just wanting to have sex with people of the same sex, right?

Being sexually attracted to them and falling in love with them - yes.

I dont know about you, but I cannot force myself to feel attracted to random persons. If you know the secret to such control you would make millions.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Imperial Union of America
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:30 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
being a homosexual is just wanting to have sex with people of the same sex, right?

I dont know about you, but I cannot force myself to feel attracted to random persons. If you know the secret to such control you would make millions.

Well, when it comes to being gay, it's just something you want to do, i guess. You don't 'fall in love' with a person of the same sex like that, i mean, there are some dudes out there i love but i don't have sex with them.
I'm a Fascist and i believe the constitution should be suspended. All enemies of the state should be rounded up and permanently deported.

"But perhaps I am partial to the complexion of my Country, for such kind of partiality is natural to Mankind." - Benjamin Franklin

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:30 am

Genivaria wrote:......no.

If you don't want to have sex with people of the same sex, then you're not a homosexual, right?

Wrong. In the same way that you can be heterosexual while not wanting to have sex with people of the opposite sex.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:31 am

The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster wrote:...no, you can't. This 'it's a choice' thing be bullshit of the highest order.

Homosexuality is a sexual, romantic, and emotional attraction to members of the same sex. So no it's not that.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:31 am

Salandriagado wrote:
If you don't want to have sex with people of the same sex, then you're not a homosexual, right?

Wrong. In the same way that you can be heterosexual while not wanting to have sex with people of the opposite sex.

Yes, all people are heterosexual unless they choose to have sex with the opposite sex.
I'm a Fascist and i believe the constitution should be suspended. All enemies of the state should be rounded up and permanently deported.

"But perhaps I am partial to the complexion of my Country, for such kind of partiality is natural to Mankind." - Benjamin Franklin

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:32 am

The Alma Mater wrote:

Well, when it comes to being gay, it's just something you want to do, i guess. You don't 'fall in love' with a person of the same sex like that, i mean, there are some dudes out there i love but i don't have sex with them.

If you think it's a choice: make it. Make yourself gay. Cause yourself to feel sexual attraction to someone of the same sex? Can't do it? Guess it's not a fucking choice then, is it?

Alternatively: tell me when you chose to be heterosexual. Because you absolutely, 100% did not start out that way. Children start out asexual, and everything else comes later. Tell me when you made that decision, specifically. If you can't, it's not a fucking decision.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:32 am

Salandriagado wrote:

Yes, all people are heterosexual unless they choose to have sex with the opposite sex.

Incorrect. I am asexual.
Cosara wrote:

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:32 am

Thermodolia wrote:

Homosexuality is a sexual, romantic, and emotional attraction to members of the same sex. So no it's not that.[/quote

Romance = sex, right? If there's no sex, there's no 'romance' and in any case, you can be completely heterosexual and have emotional attachments to members of your sex.

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:33 am

Salandriagado wrote:Incorrect. I am asexual.

I envy you.
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:33 am

The Alma Mater wrote:

Well duh. Your straight of course you wouldn't want to do that with a dude. I work this same way in reverse, I'm gay and I wouldn't want to ever be with a woman.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:34 am

Salandriagado wrote:
Imperial Union of America wrote:Yes, all people are heterosexual unless they choose to have sex with the opposite sex.

Incorrect. I am asexual.

I think assexuality is probably something that all human beings should want to achieve in their lifetime, from a moral point of view.

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:34 am

Thermodolia wrote:

Homosexuality is a sexual, romantic, and emotional attraction to members of the same sex. So no it's not that.

Romance = sex, right? If there's no sex, there's no 'romance' and in any case, you can be completely heterosexual and have emotional attachments to members of your sex.[/quote]

No, romance and sex absolutely aren't the same thing. I'm rather disturbed that you can't tell the difference.
Cosara wrote:

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 am

Genivaria wrote:......no.

Homosexuality is an innate attraction to people of the same gender, heterosexuality is an innate attraction to people of the opposite gender.
While we do not currently know all the factors that effect ones sexuality we do know that it is certainly not a choice in the same way what clothes you wear is a choice.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 am

Salandriagado wrote:

That is not how biology works.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 am

Salandriagado wrote:
Imperial Union of America wrote:Homosexuality is a sexual, romantic, and emotional attraction to members of the same sex. So no it's not that.

Romance = sex, right? If there's no sex, there's no 'romance' and in any case, you can be completely heterosexual and have emotional attachments to members of your sex.

No, romance and sex absolutely aren't the same thing. I'm rather disturbed that you can't tell the difference.[/quote]

No, i'm not sure what 'romance' is. All my relationships with women in that way had more to do with emotional attachment and sex than 'romance'.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:36 am

Salandriagado wrote:
Incorrect. I am asexual.

I think assexuality is probably something that all human beings should want to achieve in their lifetime, from a moral point of view.

What the actual fuck

Gages Icelandic Army
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gages Icelandic Army » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:36 am

The Alma Mater wrote:

Well,ONE: when it comes to being gay, it's just something you want to do[/b], i guess. TWO: You don't 'fall in love' with a person of the same sex like that, i mean, THREE: there are some dudes out there i love but i don't have sex with them.

ONE: I believe the phrase is... introspective illusion. Homosexuals tell you they can't choose, you say you could in their shoes, you trust yourself more. I don't think that's a wise way to go about this.
TWO: Can't prove it. And any 2 homosexuals who have promised to spend the REST OF THEIR LIVES TOGETHER would tell you different.
THREE: There are gay dudes that love each other that don't have sex. There are girls that straight dudes love that don''t have sex. What's your point?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:37 am

Imperial Union of America wrote:I think assexuality is probably something that all human beings should want to achieve in their lifetime, from a moral point of view.

That's moral weakness right there.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:37 am

Thermodolia wrote:

Romance = sex, right? If there's no sex, there's no 'romance' and in any case, you can be completely heterosexual and have emotional attachments to members of your sex.[/quote]
No romance =/= sex. There can be romance without sex and vice versa. Yes, yes you can. But homosexuality is the presence of a sexual and romantic and emotional attraction to members of the same sex.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:37 am

Genivaria wrote:

What the actual fuck

I have a very high amount of respect for the asexual, they have reached a level of morality and detachment that most humans will never attain. Without the strains or distractions of 'romance' and sex. They are of a higher order, in my opinion.

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:38 am

Genivaria wrote:What the actual fuck

I have a very high amount of respect for the asexual, they have reached a level of morality and detachment that most humans will never attain. Without the strains or distractions of 'romance' and sex. They are of a higher order, in my opinion.

Two points:

1) Asexual =/= Aromantic.

2) This is utter and complete bollocks. I'm emotionally attached to any number of people. I just don't have any desire to stick my penis in them.
Cosara wrote:

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Gages Icelandic Army
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gages Icelandic Army » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:39 am

Salandriagado wrote:

The desire to have sex is brought out by a stimulus. There are men who's body is sexually aroused by other men. This reaction doesn't require conscious thinking or even a quick realization of what is happening. Their body just responds that way. You can't think your way into being sexually interested. You can only expose your mind to think that will stimulate its desire for sex.

Killdash
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:39 am

Salandriagado wrote:

No, romance and sex absolutely aren't the same thing. I'm rather disturbed that you can't tell the difference.

No, i'm not sure what 'romance' is. All my relationships with women in that way had more to do with emotional attachment and sex than 'romance'.[/quote]

Really? So you've never, say, felt attracted to a woman to didn't feel attracted back? Or you've never been with anyone where you think "Say, the sex thing is great, but I actually like this person as a person too, and want to do other things beside sex, while also not having sex?"
How do you take your tea?: Seriously, very seriously.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch
Roguishly good looking gentleman
Nationstates premier assassin for hire
For a small fee, of course.
5th spouse of Kannap (for 48 hours, but still counts)

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:39 am

Genivaria wrote:What the actual fuck

Your standard of 'higher' is arbitrary and makes no fucking sense.

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:39 am

Killdash wrote:the op

You don't develop sexual hormones until you hit puberty and as much as I like the idea of a heterogenous society, no, this isn't possible.
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)
Christian Social Democrat
I am: "A monument to [the RWDT's] collective sins."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General