NATION

PASSWORD

Memorable NSers

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who do you typically remember from NS?

helpful user who gave you tips
22%
comedian who made you laugh
26%
mod who slapped you with red text
10%
Snarker who made you rethink your life
13%
The Great One
11%
troll who flamed you :(
9%
dude with the god awful avatar
9%

Total votes : 413

Fartsniffage
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fartsniffage » Fri May 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I think the final straw for him was the Cameroi pedophilia incident.

Damn, how many pedo incidents have there been in this place?

Too many. People are shits.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Fri May 13, 2016 4:12 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I think the final straw for him was the Cameroi pedophilia incident.

At least three by my count.

Though, to be fair... It IS the Internet.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Fri May 13, 2016 4:15 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Damn, how many pedo incidents have there been in this place?

Three?
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Fri May 13, 2016 4:19 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

Three?

... By my count, yes.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Fri May 13, 2016 5:02 pm

Let's not bring up those incidents. Mods have made it clear in the past that those aren't something we're allowed to talk about on the forums. Gossip like that can be taken to TGs.

San Marlindo wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:I've always wondered what happened to Parkus.

He left because of the TG thing with the mods about the same time as Neo Art.

I always felt that whole incident was overblown. The Mods weren't going around reading peoples TGs. They were only read the TGs of people they pegged as potential mods and ones related to GHRs.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Fartsniffage
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fartsniffage » Fri May 13, 2016 5:17 pm

The Corparation wrote:Let's not bring up those incidents. Mods have made it clear in the past that those aren't something we're allowed to talk about on the forums. Gossip like that can be taken to TGs.

San Marlindo wrote:

I always felt that whole incident was overblown. The Mods weren't going around reading peoples TGs. They were only read the TGs of people they pegged as potential mods and ones related to GHRs.

I think the issue was that they were reading the TGs of potential mods before asking them if they would be interested in the position.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri May 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
San Marlindo wrote:

I think the final straw for him was the Cameroi pedophilia incident.

Man, that whole thing was one big godsbedamned mess, all around, with bullshit neck-deep on just about all sides. >_o

I miss the rp being more active with the fun writers I used to collaborate with - everyone from the Yut crews, to the NDA peeps, to the varied open threads with tons of folks, to the bits with Baz, and Maurepas, and Muravyets, and all the others, to just being fecking active on a more or less regular-ish basis. For various reasons, it's been difficult. I miss Trez and Melk and all their damn shenanigans in rp, and Midlonia and his bits. I dunno. Maybe I've just finally run out of steam for the most part, and just going through the motions for the most part, but it's the people that have always made this so much fun. And there's a lot who have just gone quiet, whether via writing, or other bits. Meh. Don't mind me, having a downer moment, and I'm sure it'll pass sooner or later. :meh:

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Fri May 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Let's not bring up those incidents. Mods have made it clear in the past that those aren't something we're allowed to talk about on the forums. Gossip like that can be taken to TGs.

I think the issue was that they were reading the TGs of potential mods before asking them if they would be interested in the position.

I was under the impression that they later clarified that reading TGs was only after everything else got cleared, but the initial statement was phrased in a way that got misinterpreted by a lot of people.
piss

Devon Teyson
Envoy

Founded: May 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Devon Teyson » Fri May 13, 2016 7:19 pm

The Corparation wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Yeah, whatever did happen to Cat.

I assumed he was mucking about under another name.

I don't think he ever changed nations. If I recall correctly he grew tired of spending ages using his master skills to forge mighty posts only to see them struck down by edgy 14 year olds and one liner respones which amounted to "Im right, youre wrong and no argument you make will ever be able to prove me wrong." I talked with him on an offsite forum up until a couple years ago and he was doing alright. He's just moved on and realized that there's better ways to spend your free time than trying to hold intelligent debates with edgy 14 year olds on the internet.

*cries*
Where has this golden genius's posting gone? I must see it!
Who doesn't like a little rainbow? Not The Perverted Isles!

This nation may have been founded today eleven many days ago, but the player behind it has a long history of being on NationStates.
Californian
The Sacramento Bee wrote:“All workers should be protected, but that’s why we elect an attorney general and pay Cal/OSHA. Other proponents don’t write state jobs for themselves into their measures. We share Weinstein’s frustrations, but Proposition 60 is a legal overreach and too hardcore.”
good job sacto, keep it up

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Fri May 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Don't know. I think he joined the military or something.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Fri May 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Aeyariss wrote:

Don't know. I think he joined the military or something.

I was thinking the same.

San Marlindo
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby San Marlindo » Fri May 13, 2016 7:53 pm

Esternial wrote:
Aeyariss wrote:Don't know. I think he joined the military or something.

I was thinking the same.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Parkus in the military? Seriously?

I just remember him leaving about the time the TG thing broke, supposedly that was his reason. Where did this come from?
"Cold, analytical, materialistic thinking tends to throttle the urge to imagination." - Michael Chekhov

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Fri May 13, 2016 7:57 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Man, that whole thing was one big godsbedamned mess, all around, with bullshit neck-deep on just about all sides. >_o

I miss the rp being more active with the fun writers I used to collaborate with - everyone from the Yut crews, to the NDA peeps, to the varied open threads with tons of folks, to the bits with Baz, and Maurepas, and Muravyets, and all the others, to just being fecking active on a more or less regular-ish basis. For various reasons, it's been difficult. I miss Trez and Melk and all their damn shenanigans in rp, and Midlonia and his bits. I dunno. Maybe I've just finally run out of steam for the most part, and just going through the motions for the most part, but it's the people that have always made this so much fun. And there's a lot who have just gone quiet, whether via writing, or other bits. Meh. Don't mind me, having a downer moment, and I'm sure it'll pass sooner or later. :meh:

:hug:
I know how ya feel Nauthy, I remember back when there would be an RP in II, a very believable storefront, and a great convo on TET. And now a lot of the people I was close with (Div, Sterny, etc) have left, and when college comes I'll probably be gone. NSG right now seems like it is either on the brink of revival... or this summer is going to be one of the last. Im honestly really hoping its the former, since among other things, this site is what taught me to type well. All I gotta say left is while I know it is generally a thankless job, I've always appreciated your help, and even though its not much, I am glad to have gotten to know (at least of) you.
Last edited by Muinordgrad on Fri May 13, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri May 13, 2016 8:04 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Charlia wrote:Oh! So did I. XD

You're pretty memorable to me. You put my post in the Exceptional Posts thread. XD How could I forget that?

That's a pretty shallow reason to remember me, but sankyuu!!! :hug:

I think I'd remember you for bumming out the readers with your IC posts and overreacting to pervs. :P

...It made me happy. And it was shortly after my birthday, so it was like a present. Extra memorable.

I also got a laugh out of your entry in the family tree thing... and your name sounds like someone else I used to know on another site... and I've stolen a few of your flags for desktops... and you made a cool RP...

...Yeah, sounds like me. XD

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri May 13, 2016 8:22 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

Three, that I can think of.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri May 13, 2016 8:29 pm

I gotta be honest and say that one of the most memorable NSers I know, (who is also a good friend of mine these days) is Radiatia.

Avoiding anything limited to my region and going more towards the general NS community, Rad has made some hysterical and epic storefronts, is just an all around witty and comedic writer in general, and frequents NSG more than me. And if it wasn't for him and a couple others, I probably wouldn't have had any fun here.
Last edited by Nui-ta on Fri May 13, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone cares? Okay then. Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

INFP-T personality, quite heavy on the I,P, and T.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri May 13, 2016 8:45 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Damn, how many pedo incidents have there been in this place?

Three, that I can think of.

"Too goram many." >_<

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri May 13, 2016 10:49 pm

Maurepas wrote:I miss my writing crew on NS. Muravyets, Nathi, Scolo, Bazalonia, Midlonia, and a few others, we had a pretty productive thing going for a while on the RP sections of the forum. Prettymuch since that project broke up I've yet to be in a consistent RP on the site, sadly.

Unfortunately amdist my parents' house getting foreclosed on and having to move around and figure out my own independent life on the fly I lacked consistent internet for a long time. Dyakovo really broke me up, RIP.

Dude! It's been awhile! :)

That sucks about your parents! :( Barely dodged it myself when the Shrub and republicans tried to do us in.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Fri May 13, 2016 11:31 pm

San Marlindo wrote:I just remember him leaving about the time the TG thing broke, supposedly that was his reason. Where did this come from?

Can't remember. That's the scuttlebutt that I remember anyway. Must be like what? 2011? 2012?

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Sat May 14, 2016 5:01 am

San Marlindo wrote:
Esternial wrote:I was thinking the same.

I just remember him leaving about the time the TG thing broke, supposedly that was his reason. Where did this come from?

No clue. It's just as likely that I'm mixing people up.
Last edited by Esternial on Sat May 14, 2016 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013

Postby Calimera II » Sat May 14, 2016 5:14 am

The Corparation wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Yeah, whatever did happen to Cat.

I assumed he was mucking about under another name.

I don't think he ever changed nations. If I recall correctly he grew tired of spending ages using his master skills to forge mighty posts only to see them struck down by edgy 14 year olds and one liner respones which amounted to "Im right, youre wrong and no argument you make will ever be able to prove me wrong." I talked with him on an offsite forum up until a couple years ago and he was doing alright. He's just moved on and realized that there's better ways to spend your free time than trying to hold intelligent debates with edgy 14 year olds on the internet.

Well, that's NSG.

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Sat May 14, 2016 5:21 am

Esternial wrote:
San Marlindo wrote:

No clue. It's just as likely that I'm mixing people up.

he was definitely in the military at some point or planning to be so
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat May 14, 2016 5:32 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Well I did ask if you wanted to rp.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat May 14, 2016 10:09 am

Funnily enough, I think I most remember getting slapped around by Fris for bad advice around this time last year. Definitely set me straight on this site - I'm coming up on almost a year with a clean record. :)
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

San Marlindo
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby San Marlindo » Sat May 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Two more names from my early forum days coming to mind, today - Natapoc and Mad hatters in jeans. I think they're both around.

Maybe not as active as they used to be, but around. Natapoc I remember for praying they would never, never, ever wind up in a position of power, because reasons.

Lotsa NSers like that come to think of it.
"Cold, analytical, materialistic thinking tends to throttle the urge to imagination." - Michael Chekhov

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General