NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Right-Wing Idealogue

Edmund Burke
15%
William F. Buckley
9%
Dostoevsky
8%
Evola
10%
De Maistre
4%
Disraeli
9%
Other
45%

Total votes : 418

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:53 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:That depends on the culture, I guess.

How so?

Depends if the cultures homogonizing share a common history and culture. Or desire to.

Even then, giving up all of your culture would not be necessary. Only the one getting in the way of unification in a political entity.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Conscentia wrote:How so?

Depends if the cultures homogonizing share a common history and culture. Or desire to.

Even then, giving up all of your culture would not be necessary. Only the one getting in the way of unification in a political entity.

If populations share a common culture already, then their culture is already homogenous - it wouldn't be homogenising. Did you even read what you wrote?
Additionally, all humans have a common history - if go back far enough. Or arguably forward enough, thanks to globalisation.

Advocates of multiculturalism do not advocate the preservation of cultural practices that interfere with political unity - they call for cultures to change so that they can co-exist under a single political entity.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:Depends if the cultures homogonizing share a common history and culture. Or desire to.

If populations share a common culture already, then their culture is already homogenous - it wouldn't be homogenising. Did you even read what you wrote?

But by common culture, I mean by extention.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Conscentia wrote:If populations share a common culture already, then their culture is already homogenous - it wouldn't be homogenising. Did you even read what you wrote?

But by common culture, I mean by extention.

I have no idea what 'common culture by extension' is supposed to mean.

You don't have any response to the rest of my post?

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:22 pm

Conscentia wrote:.

Advocates of multiculturalism do not advocate the preservation of cultural practices that interfere with political unity - they call for cultures to change so that they can co-exist under a single political entity.

They fail utterly at perceiving cultural practices that interfere with political unity.

And some people shockingly enough don't want to live under a coercively socially liberal global power.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:24 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:But by common culture, I mean by extention.

I have no idea what 'common culture by extension' is supposed to mean.

Exactly what it says.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:41 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Conscentia wrote:.

They fail utterly at perceiving cultural practices that interfere with political unity.

That seems to be a disagreement of methodology, not intention.
Jochistan wrote:And some people shockingly enough don't want to live under a coercively socially liberal global power.

That's a disagreement with the political entity, not with multiculturalism itself.
Jochistan wrote:
Conscentia wrote:I have no idea what 'common culture by extension' is supposed to mean.

Exactly what it says.

I have no idea what you think it says.

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:24 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Venedocia wrote:No it's fucking not. Anarcho-Capitalism is the complete opposite, no rules, total freedom.

That's what pruss just described, yes.

A total lack of rules with abundant negative "freedom" would indeed be horrific, but "anarcho" capitalism does have plenty of arbitrary rules that simply potentiate the evil of the system.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:29 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
Utilitarian Garibaldi wrote:Then we deport the ones who don't deserve it.

Now we're talking!

It doesn't actually happen though. For some people rules are rules. For some people rules are just suggestions.

A certain standard/guideline/rule being backed by the state's stern glare and given a title lends it no real credibility. A more's ethics, morality, logic or goodness, is in no way reflected by its legal status.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:46 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:Now we're talking!

It doesn't actually happen though. For some people rules are rules. For some people rules are just suggestions.

A certain standard/guideline/rule being backed by the state's stern glare and given a title lends it no real credibility. A more's ethics, morality, logic or goodness, is in no way reflected by its legal status.

And then you beg the question, how would a stateless society be more ethical, moral, or whatever, than a state?
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:54 pm

The Liberated Territories wrote:
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:A certain standard/guideline/rule being backed by the state's stern glare and given a title lends it no real credibility. A more's ethics, morality, logic or goodness, is in no way reflected by its legal status.

And then you beg the question, how would a stateless society be more ethical, moral, or whatever, than a state?

No such question is begged. That's irrelevant. I am only saying that his traditionalist good-ol-boy "point," about how "for some people rules are rules," is stupid and meaningless. Rules are rules regardless, we just don't give a shit, nor should we.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sun May 01, 2016 12:33 am

Conscentia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:Depends if the cultures homogonizing share a common history and culture. Or desire to.

Additionally, all humans have a common history - if go back far enough. Or arguably forward enough, thanks to globalisation.

If that was true, then why do they pursue their current course of action? God forbid you criticize another's cultural practices if they are brown. I've actually had these people tell me "its ok Indians scalped people and enslaved settlers". Cut me a break, the advocates of multiculturalism are some the most delusional I've ever met. They treat "PoC" like children who can do no wrong.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sun May 01, 2016 1:14 am

The East Marches wrote:
Conscentia wrote:If populations share a common culture already, then their culture is already homogenous - it wouldn't be homogenising. Did you even read what you wrote?

If that was true, then why do they pursue their current course of action? God forbid you criticize another's cultural practices if they are brown. I've actually had these people tell me "its ok Indians scalped people and enslaved settlers". Cut me a break, the advocates of multiculturalism are some the most delusional I've ever met. They treat "PoC" like children who can do no wrong.

Well, as the Indians were fighting actual genocide and expansionism...them fighting back in such a way wasn't unjustified. They got it particularly rough. Although the slavery and rapes towards civilians aren't worth defending. On either side.
Still, "white people" today shouldn't be blamed for what some settlers did.

And I already know someone is going to compare it to the migration into Europe.
And although I'm honestly pretty opposed to that myself, I don't think expansionism, forcing off of lands and genocide is what I would use to describe the immigration.
Just unchecked immigration and some pepperings of riots, crime and abuse from some of them and whining from some others that needs to be cracked down on.
Last edited by Jochistan on Sun May 01, 2016 1:40 am, edited 8 times in total.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sun May 01, 2016 1:32 am

Jochistan wrote:
The East Marches wrote:

Well, as the Indians were fighting actual genocide and expansionism...them fighting back in such a way wasn't unjustified.
Still, "white people" today shouldn't be blamed for what some settlers did.

And I already know someone is going to compare it to the migration into Europe.
And although I'm honestly pretty opposed to that myself, I don't think expansionism, forcing off of lands and genocide is what I would use to describe the immigration.
Just unchecked immigration and some pepperings of riots, crime and abuse from some of them and whining from some others that meeds to be cracked down on.

I was trying to make the point that our dear friends who believe in multiculturalism don't believe brown people have agency. As a half-native, what we did was barbarous. You can't justify enslaving people by one race and then feel guilty for having done it yourselves. It's hypocritical and further shows their belief in the "noble savage" theory.

We lost by the way, because we visited the same atrocities upon each other because it was our way of life. That topic however, irrelevant.

The situation is not totally comparable to Europe. I was trying again to make the point that those who preach multiculturalism have hilarious double standards and think people saints who are clearly not.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Kautharr
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kautharr » Sun May 01, 2016 4:50 am

Jochistan wrote:
Geilinor wrote:He can have his viewpoint where he lives. But if multiculturalism gets to him that much it might be a bad idea to continue living in a country where most people want to have multiculturalism and immigration.

From what I understand, "Multiculturalism" means lack of integration encouraged and everyone being allowed to keep every aspect of their culture when they go to another culture.

That's unacceptable. Anywhere in the world.

for once i agree with you
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Our hearts were made for You, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you.” - St. Augustine of Hippo
Trump Will Make America Great Again
You are a: Conservative Anti-Government Non-Interventionist Ultranationalist Fundamentalist
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -33%
Internationalism score: -33%
Tribalism score: 100%
Liberalism score: -100%
Political Compass: Social 4.71 Economic 2.19

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sun May 01, 2016 4:53 am

Kautharr wrote:
Jochistan wrote:From what I understand, "Multiculturalism" means lack of integration encouraged and everyone being allowed to keep every aspect of their culture when they go to another culture.

That's unacceptable. Anywhere in the world.

for once i agree with you

I still think multiple ethnic and religious background is fine with an appropriate amount of integration and unity. So don't get too ahead of yourself.

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Sun May 01, 2016 6:12 am

Zoice wrote:That doesn't mean that each culture gets to live by its own rules, or that each non-English culture get's its own ghetto

That's exactly what it means in practice.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Sun May 01, 2016 7:00 am

Jochistan wrote:You're definately included in the group I describe. So it is aimed in your direction.

Well you are an accessory to islamization. So the feeling is mutual!

Jochistan wrote:With nationalism, some reactionary thought and other right wing ideologies, race seperatist ultranationalists, much like SJWs and Salafis with Islam, have ruined all credibility for a well thought out, moderate nationalist, Traditionalist or other similarly inclined movement.

And it seems like such movements can be made room for with the snuffing of ultranats.

Credibility? With who? People who would never agree?

Successful nationalist, socially conservative politicians don't have much trouble pulling in 30-40% of the vote in most western countries. Outside this slice there really isn't a lot of growth room, the vast majority of the remaining ~60% are people committed to different values. The true swing vote probably isn't much more than ~10% of the electorate. And that seems to have a large number of what one professor of mine aptly described as "bullshit conscious voters", people who swing on nonsensical/inscrutable things like the quality of a candidates handshake or wearing blue jeans in Iowa.

The left and right continue to exist, in spite of the endless ideological contortions and infighting because they are essentially different groups of people. They do not overlap much. And they are essentially fixed groups. Whether you are right or left the real main political task is not to convert people to your views, it is to activate those who are inclined to support you.

Well it is true some ideas are not acceptable in mainstream society or politics all evidence suggests the boundary which sets what is "beyond the pale" is completely arbitrary and it can make massive movements in any ideological direction. And it can be moved by will alone.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Sun May 01, 2016 1:27 pm

I am just tagging here so I have this for future reference. If anyone could give me another topic for the poll that would be g r e a t!
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)
Christian Social Democrat
I am: "A monument to [the RWDT's] collective sins."

Zoice
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoice » Sun May 01, 2016 1:35 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
Zoice wrote:That doesn't mean that each culture gets to live by its own rules, or that each non-English culture get's its own ghetto

That's how it is in practice because no earnest attempt at integration can be made while right wingers are there trying to ruin it. They sabotage it, and then point at the failure as evidence that it never would have worked anyway.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you're ignorant about human sexuality and want to let everyone know. ♂♀
Or if you're an asshole that goes out of your way to bully minorities and call them words with the strict intent of upsetting a demographic that is already at a huge risk of suicide, or being murdered for who they are. :)

For: Abortions, Anomalocaris, Atheism, Anti-theism, Being a good person, Genetic Engineering, LGBT rights, Sammy Harris, the Sandman, Science, Secular humanism
Against: AGW Denialism, Anti-Semitism, Banning religion, Ends, Hillary Clinton, Islamophobia, Means, Mother Theresa, Organized religion, Pacifism, Prejudice, the Pope, Political Correctness, Racism, Regressive Lefties and Righties, Republican Candidates, Theism, Violence

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sun May 01, 2016 1:53 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
Jochistan wrote:You're definately included in the group I describe. So it is aimed in your direction.

Jochistan wrote:With nationalism, some reactionary thought and other right wing ideologies, race seperatist ultranationalists, much like SJWs and Salafis with Islam, have ruined all credibility for a well thought out, moderate nationalist, Traditionalist or other similarly inclined movement.

And it seems like such movements can be made room for with the snuffing of ultranats.

Credibility? With who? People who would never agree?

Successful nationalist, socially conservative politicians don't have much trouble pulling in 30-40% of the vote in most western countries. Outside this slice there really isn't a lot of growth room, the vast majority of the remaining ~60% are people committed to different values. The true swing vote probably isn't much more than ~10% of the electorate. And that seems to have a large number of what one professor of mine aptly described as "bullshit conscious voters", people who swing on nonsensical/inscrutable things like the quality of a candidates handshake or wearing blue jeans in Iowa.

The left and right continue to exist, in spite of the endless ideological contortions and infighting because they are essentially different groups of people. They do not overlap much. And they are essentially fixed groups. Whether you are right or left the real main political task is not to convert people to your views, it is to activate those who are inclined to support you.

Well it is true some ideas are not acceptable in mainstream society or politics all evidence suggests the boundary which sets what is "beyond the pale" is completely arbitrary and it can make massive movements in any ideological direction. And it can be moved by will alone.

Credibility with people who understand a language other than violence.

Maybe so. One of the annoying things about the modern world is its way of constant flux in goals and ideals. In the last century early on, militant attitudes about race supremacy now seen as abnormal (and seen as abnormal in the golden ages of certain civilizations of the past) were widespread. Now they're unacceptable. And what is in the norm (practically) is extreme social liberalism. Something that had reared its head in some modern societies, but were plunged under pretty quick. Now the "old modernity is coming back" and the liberal one is becoming more and more extreme. Theres no telling what could be the norm next.

But what should happen is a staying to a consistent model forsaking both of those extremes.

Then again, scarily enough, that flux might be the only realistic option in a changing environment. If that's the case, then lines should still be clearly drawn in Modern "progress" to prevent subhumanity.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sun May 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Zoice wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:

That's how it is in practice because no earnest attempt at integration can be made while right wingers are there trying to ruin it. They sabotage it, and then point at the failure as evidence that it never would have worked anyway.

My favorite excuse from the Left. The old Stalinist charge of "wrecking".

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Sun May 01, 2016 7:36 pm

Zoice wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:

lol
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)
Christian Social Democrat
I am: "A monument to [the RWDT's] collective sins."

Dinake
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dinake » Sun May 01, 2016 7:50 pm

The Kievan People wrote:

I'm islamophobic as all get out, but I don't see why that means we shouldn't be polite.
Great Kauthar wrote:I am just tagging here so I have this for future reference. If anyone could give me another topic for the poll that would be g r e a t!

Perhaps preferred right wing economic system, as was suggested a few pages back? Options could be:
Third position
Capitalism(Austrian school)
Capitalism(neoliberal)
Distributism/Georgism
Feudalism
Mercantilist capitalism
Ordoliberalism or other moderate position
National Syndicalism
and some others.
Catholic traditionalist, anti-capitalist with medievalist/distributist influences, monarchist. The drunk uncle of nationstates. Puppet of Dio. Don't sell the vatican.
Look if you name your child "Reince Priebus" and he ends up as a functionary in an authoritarian regime you only have yourself to blame
-Ross Douthat, reacting to Trump's presumptive nomination.
Darrell Castle 2016!

Zoice
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoice » Sun May 01, 2016 7:55 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Zoice wrote:That's how it is in practice because no earnest attempt at integration can be made while right wingers are there trying to ruin it. They sabotage it, and then point at the failure as evidence that it never would have worked anyway.

My favorite excuse from the Left. The old Stalinist charge of "wrecking".

Right, because integration is easy when you have underfunded ghettos and an environment of bigotry against you.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you're ignorant about human sexuality and want to let everyone know. ♂♀
Or if you're an asshole that goes out of your way to bully minorities and call them words with the strict intent of upsetting a demographic that is already at a huge risk of suicide, or being murdered for who they are. :)

For: Abortions, Anomalocaris, Atheism, Anti-theism, Being a good person, Genetic Engineering, LGBT rights, Sammy Harris, the Sandman, Science, Secular humanism
Against: AGW Denialism, Anti-Semitism, Banning religion, Ends, Hillary Clinton, Islamophobia, Means, Mother Theresa, Organized religion, Pacifism, Prejudice, the Pope, Political Correctness, Racism, Regressive Lefties and Righties, Republican Candidates, Theism, Violence

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General