NATION

PASSWORD

U.S. 2016 Presidential Elections - Democrats' Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who would you support in the 2016 Democratic Primary?

Hillary Clinton
34%
Joe Biden
4%
Martin O'Malley
9%
Elizabeth Warren
9%
Bernie Sanders
31%
Kirsten Gillibrand
2%
Mark Warner
No votes
Amy Klobuchar
No votes
Andrew Cuomo
2%
Other
9%

Total votes : 98

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:38 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Spoderman supporters hate america. True patriots support Dolan/Gooby

Nah if you want a real person in office just vote Max Berry in as president his VP I don't know who. :p

Violet. Or Blaat nothing better then a sheep for the vp
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:44 pm

Othelos wrote:
-some

Yeah, look at the platform.
-some

platform
-blatantly false

really? Cause it's not like they're very inclusive.
-only the hard right, but Dems are no better

I guess to some degree, but I haven't heard of many democrats using "this is a christian nation" rhetoric. Correct me if I'm wrong.
- generally speaking the Repubs are actually far better in this area than Democracts

I was talking about drug legalization, which dems are the only ones I've seen actually do anything meaningful towards. If you meant that stupid soda size drink thing, that doesn't count because you can still get soda.

-An illminded pitch to the far right.
-Sorry I forgot Adoption and Foster care is code for turn women into baby factories.
-I forgot, all those minority republicans are just the token ones we keep around for show.
-There are, especially with the fiasco over the 2012 Convention putting God in the platform. Even though they were outvoted they put it in anyway.
- That assumes that drugs should be legalized in the first place. But regardless, Republicans are the one arguing in support of anti-vax.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Othelos wrote:Yeah, look at the platform.

platform

really? Cause it's not like they're very inclusive.

I guess to some degree, but I haven't heard of many democrats using "this is a christian nation" rhetoric. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I was talking about drug legalization, which dems are the only ones I've seen actually do anything meaningful towards. If you meant that stupid soda size drink thing, that doesn't count because you can still get soda.

-An illminded pitch to the far right.

Something like 40% of americans are still opposed to SSM. Is that far right?
-Sorry I forgot Adoption and Foster care is code for turn women into baby factories.

Haha funny. No, seriously, "We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children."

I don't want to start a debate, but a fetus is not always a person. It reaches personhood sometime while within the womb, not right at conception, so there isn't a serious issue morally in the beginning. And if issues arise either for the mother or the fetus, then it should still be legal.

And I'm not just talking about abortion. I'm talking about how they want to give doctors the "right" to deny patients vasectomies if it goes against the Dr's conscience. AKA it's fine for the doctor to decide for me because of what (s)he personally thinks about vasectomies, which has nothing to do with medical opinion.

-I forgot, all those minority republicans are just the token ones we keep around for show.

I didn't say that the Republicans weren't inclusive at all. I just meant that they weren't as inclusive as Dems. Something like 90% of Republicans are white, maybe (just maybe) it has something to do with their rhetoric.
-There are, especially with the fiasco over the 2012 Convention putting God in the platform. Even though they were outvoted they put it in anyway.

I don't remember that, but ok. It's not like republicans though, who use it as an integral part of pretty much every campaign to appeal to the base. You'd be hard pressed to find Dems catering to evangelicals, except maybe in really conservative areas.

- That assumes that drugs should be legalized in the first place. But regardless, Republicans are the one arguing in support of anti-vax.
True. And good on them for voicing their support for choice in that case. But vaccines aren't as big of an issue as the drug war has been, because the drug war or restrictions on use have effected most people.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:18 pm

I've never been much a fan of Hillary. I've been Supporting O''Malley for the last few months mainly for the state he left Maryland in. Hillary has to Mitch baggage and getting an outsider from the administration could help sway more democraticly leaning i depends who are less then stellar about Hillary (myself included). Ether way unless Hillary drops a bombshell and pulls out of the race O'Mallet seems destined to be a minor figure.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:49 am

The Fair Republic wrote:Probably O'Mally or Webb but Hillary is going to win. Her war chest is too large

war chest only goes so far. the way to beat it is to organize in iowa and NH and spend utterly all your time there going from small meeting to small meeting getting people to support you. money cant overcome the grassroots in a primary.
whatever

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:51 am

The Liberated Territories wrote:
United Russian Soviet States wrote:The Democratic Party is very stupid. The GOP will not take your natural rights away.

Yes they would. Why the hell are they against gay marriage and abortion if they wouldn't?

and they'll take insurance away from millions of people and make it worse for the rest of us. and they will scuttle the nuclear deal we are making with iran.
whatever

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 am

New Werpland wrote:
United Russian Soviet States wrote:I hope the Democrats self destruct.

Why?

Because he supports a Republican and realizes it's their only hope?
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:55 am

Ashmoria wrote:
The Liberated Territories wrote:
Yes they would. Why the hell are they against gay marriage and abortion if they wouldn't?

and they'll take insurance away from millions of people and make it worse for the rest of us. and they will scuttle the nuclear deal we are making with iran.

Except there is no deal. And with the Shah running around tweeting how they're vanquishing America, on wonders if we should pursue one at all

Morr
Minister

Founded: Mar 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Morr » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:56 am

New Werpland wrote:Hillary, because she's going to be a big advantage over the Republicans and I'm not taking a chance while the Kochs raise 500 million or whatever.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCmliSLWMAAABGv.png:large
Don't vote for this woman. She is a shill and no better than Republicans.
Stand with Assad!

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:58 am

Morr wrote:
New Werpland wrote:Hillary, because she's going to be a big advantage over the Republicans and I'm not taking a chance while the Kochs raise 500 million or whatever.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCmliSLWMAAABGv.png:large

Unless Hillary fires her campaign manager, she won't get elected. So far it's been nothing but blunder after blunder after scandal after blunder.

Morr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Morr » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:59 am

United Russian Soviet States wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:Preferably, Chafee, but I'll go Hillary.

I thought you were center-right. :o

Hillary helped engineer the TPP, wrote an article endorsing it in Foreign Affairs, and spoke in Australia for it. Her husband signed NAFTA. She's a neoliberal, which is certainly on the right.
Stand with Assad!

Morr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Morr » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:01 am

Morr wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCmliSLWMAAABGv.png:large

Unless Hillary fires her campaign manager, she won't get elected. So far it's been nothing but blunder after blunder after scandal after blunder.

I hope not. Obama backstabbed his base, but I shudder to think of what Clinton will do with her already taking the pro corporation position before she even started the primaries.
Stand with Assad!

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:09 am

Morr wrote:

I hope not. Obama backstabbed his base, but I shudder to think of what Clinton will do with her already taking the pro corporation position before she even started the primaries.

No, he didn't.
Seriously, people really need to stop overestimating what the President can do...
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:10 am

Ashmoria wrote:

Except there is no deal. And with the Shah running around tweeting how they're vanquishing America, on wonders if we should pursue one at all

you don't think that we'll have an agreement?
whatever

Morr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Morr » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:10 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Morr wrote:I hope not. Obama backstabbed his base, but I shudder to think of what Clinton will do with her already taking the pro corporation position before she even started the primaries.

No, he didn't.
Seriously, people really need to stop overestimating what the President can do...

He's been negotiating the TPP in secret for years, I'm pretty sure he can choose not to do that.
Stand with Assad!

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:11 am

Morr wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCmliSLWMAAABGv.png:large

who is her campaign manager?

what blunders?
whatever

Romalae
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Romalae » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:15 am

Ashmoria wrote:

what blunders?

Right-wingers like to make it seem like Hillary is permanently scandal-plagued because it appears to be their only combat tool against her.
Economic Left/Right: -3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

Ideology: somewhere between left-leaning centrism and social democracy
Other: irreligious, white, male

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:19 am

Romalae wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:

what blunders?

Right-wingers like to make it seem like Hillary is permanently scandal-plagued because it appears to be their only combat tool against her.

yeah
its one of the reasons I went with Obama in '08. now we know that it doesn't matter who the democrat is, they will make shit up constantly so being a Clinton has no real downside.
whatever

Morr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Morr » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:19 am

Romalae wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:

what blunders?

Pfft, I seriously doubt the Republicans are going to put up more than a superficial fight. Hillary is going to be doing things very pleasing for the people who are funding the GOP, after all.
Stand with Assad!

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:20 am

Morr wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:No, he didn't.

He's been negotiating the TPP in secret for years, I'm pretty sure he can choose not to do that.

No, he hasn't. Its no secret that we've been negotiating.
Also, there's nothing inherently bad about international trade agreements.
Married to Koshka

Havenburgh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Havenburgh » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:25 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Romalae wrote:Right-wingers like to make it seem like Hillary is permanently scandal-plagued because it appears to be their only combat tool against her.

yeah
its one of the reasons I went with Obama in '08. now we know that it doesn't matter who the democrat is, they will make shit up constantly so being a Clinton has no real downside.
Clinton has a huge downside. Like raising taxes, furthering a welfare state, taking guns from the people and introducing new laws. Vote Libertarian people.
Gary Johnson
Ron Paul
Rand Paul

Is it so hard to think. Vote for th3se guys, not Obama or Clinton.

Morr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Morr » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:27 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Morr wrote:He's been negotiating the TPP in secret for years, I'm pretty sure he can choose not to do that.

No, he hasn't. Its no secret that we've been negotiating.
Also, there's nothing inherently bad about international trade agreements.

The negotiations themselves are secret, and it's set to have "fast track" authority, preventing any amendment modification by Congress.

There is about this one, unless you're okay with an international corporate tribunal that can overrule state sovereignty, and we only know about this angle because it was leaked; it was never disclosed by the President.
Last edited by Morr on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stand with Assad!

Romalae
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Romalae » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:27 am

Morr wrote:
Romalae wrote:Right-wingers like to make it seem like Hillary is permanently scandal-plagued because it appears to be their only combat tool against her.

Pfft, I seriously doubt the Republicans are going to put up more than a superficial fight. Hillary is going to be doing things very pleasing for the people who are funding the GOP, after all.

I don't doubt it. The Republicans have already begun their torrent of defamation and demonization. I'm not particularly fond of Hillary, but it's clear that they're gonna try to make a big stink about everything they can in her past. Her "baggage", as Marco Rubio (I think it was) said recently.

Notice also how they've given interviews in the recent past where they use the phrase "the Obama-Clinton foreign policy." They're so transparently trying to tie her down to Obama, who their base already viciously hates. Their strategists and consultants must be telling them that if you link her permanently to Obama, then people will be conditioned to have negativity associated with her.
Economic Left/Right: -3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

Ideology: somewhere between left-leaning centrism and social democracy
Other: irreligious, white, male

Morr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Morr » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:29 am

Romalae wrote:
Morr wrote:Pfft, I seriously doubt the Republicans are going to put up more than a superficial fight. Hillary is going to be doing things very pleasing for the people who are funding the GOP, after all.

I don't doubt it. The Republicans have already begun their torrent of defamation and demonization. I'm not particularly fond of Hillary, but it's clear that they're gonna try to make a big stink about everything they can in her past. Her "baggage", as Marco Rubio (I think it was) said recently.

Notice also how they've given interviews in the recent past where they use the phrase "the Obama-Clinton foreign policy." They're so transparently trying to tie her down to Obama, who their base already viciously hates. Their strategists and consultants must be telling them that if you link her permanently to Obama, then people will be conditioned to have negativity associated with her.

Obama's foreign policy will mainly be remembered as ending the War in Iraq and killing Bin Laden, that can only be a boost for Hillary.
Stand with Assad!

Tarleria
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarleria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:31 am

Hillary because that would make Bill the first...Lord? Sir? Maybe just call him Lady. I dunno.
That crazy Romanian-American nobody knows about.
The Imperium's Flag

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General