NATION

PASSWORD

♫ Am I only dreaming, is this burning.. the eternal thread ♫

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xanama
Senator

Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanama » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:37 am

Auremena wrote:Damn, feeling absolutely crushed again today.

Why?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:39 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Jute wrote:Yeah, I know, especially when it comes to Gandhi. :P But they provide you with some information about their history, and for the most part (excluding the in-joke about Gandhi and nuclear weapons) they are modeled after their real-life counterpart (except for the part where Washington keeps picking Communism as ideology and China America-like "Freedom" :P )

I wonder how that game does in india?

No idea...

What happened?
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:41 am

Val Halla wrote:
Toddlrsta wrote:What's a downpour? I thought rain was just a myth.

In England, no rain is a myth.

Don't be like that. You must have experienced at least two dry days in your lifetime.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:45 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
DesAnges wrote:14, actually. And the ground is rock solid.

Fixtures start next weekend, huzzah!

Esplain.

Wots a fixture?

No need to hurry, I have to drive bbl.

Fixture is a game. A fixture list is the playing schedule.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:46 am

DesAnges wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:It's like 6 out in your language, too bloody cold for cricket.

14, actually. And the ground is rock solid.

I've always preferred the ground being solid.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:46 am

Xanama wrote:
Why?
Just am. Though the things that should be bothering me aren't. Except for the hunger. That's pretty bothersome. Unfortunately no way to cure that until I get home.
Jute wrote:

What happened?
Well, I'm blind and didn't even notice I ran a red light (until it was too late, with a cop right behind me. The light was in a stupid place and I wasn't terribly familiar with the area. Mentioned that and she was like yeah it was an accident, lemme just write up a formal warning,) got ripped off at the pub (Match day, the Boston Spurs club meets at a pub, today's was an early one, so yes,coffee. But $3? For drip brewed shit? I'd have not ordered anything if I saw the damn price on the menu. Now I'm down to $3,) totally indifferent that Ben Davies single handedly gave Southampton the win, the game was still enjoyable despite his fuckups. I'm hungry as shit and with class in 15 minutes, even if I had money no time to buy anything. Overall depressed as fuck feeling. And I don't know how to help myself on this, don't know what I need.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:47 am

Dyakovo wrote:
DesAnges wrote:14, actually. And the ground is rock solid.

I've always preferred the ground being solid.

Can't play cricket on soft ground, the ball doesn't bounce well when bowled.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:51 am

Callie is on a quest for her one true waifu.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:52 am

Val Halla wrote:Callie is on a quest for her one true waifu.

Wouldn't it be better to try to find a real person?
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:54 am

Dyakovo wrote:

Agreed. Best case scenario when both match, though :P
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:54 am

Dyakovo wrote:

What an absurd suggestion. Of course not. Unless there are volunteers.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:55 am

Dyakovo wrote:

You would not believe how many girls these days reject real people because of digital art...
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:55 am

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Why single out those?

Because we wish to be like to cool kids.

"Cool" isn't an accurate description of any of those.
Married to Koshka

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:56 am

Auremena wrote:
Xanama wrote:Why?
Just am. Though the things that should be bothering me aren't. Except for the hunger. That's pretty bothersome. Unfortunately no way to cure that until I get home.
Jute wrote:What happened?
Well, I'm blind and didn't even notice I ran a red light (until it was too late, with a cop right behind me. The light was in a stupid place and I wasn't terribly familiar with the area. Mentioned that and she was like yeah it was an accident, lemme just write up a formal warning,) got ripped off at the pub (Match day, the Boston Spurs club meets at a pub, today's was an early one, so yes,coffee. But $3? For drip brewed shit? I'd have not ordered anything if I saw the damn price on the menu. Now I'm down to $3,) totally indifferent that Ben Davies single handedly gave Southampton the win, the game was still enjoyable despite his fuckups. I'm hungry as shit and with class in 15 minutes, even if I had money no time to buy anything. Overall depressed as fuck feeling. And I don't know how to help myself on this, don't know what I need.

Sorry to hear about that, hopefully things will seem brighter to you again and less dark. Usually things do get better in life.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:57 am

Jute wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Wouldn't it be better to try to find a real person?

Agreed. Best case scenario when both match, though :P

Not possible.
Married to Koshka

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:58 am

Spoder wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Wouldn't it be better to try to find a real person?

You would not believe how many girls these days reject real people because of digital art...

I seriously doubt it's any significant amount.
Married to Koshka

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:59 am

Jute wrote:
Auremena wrote:Just am. Though the things that should be bothering me aren't. Except for the hunger. That's pretty bothersome. Unfortunately no way to cure that until I get home.Well, I'm blind and didn't even notice I ran a red light (until it was too late, with a cop right behind me. The light was in a stupid place and I wasn't terribly familiar with the area. Mentioned that and she was like yeah it was an accident, lemme just write up a formal warning,) got ripped off at the pub (Match day, the Boston Spurs club meets at a pub, today's was an early one, so yes,coffee. But $3? For drip brewed shit? I'd have not ordered anything if I saw the damn price on the menu. Now I'm down to $3,) totally indifferent that Ben Davies single handedly gave Southampton the win, the game was still enjoyable despite his fuckups. I'm hungry as shit and with class in 15 minutes, even if I had money no time to buy anything. Overall depressed as fuck feeling. And I don't know how to help myself on this, don't know what I need.
Sorry to hear about that, hopefully things will seem brighter to you again and less dark. Usually things do get better in life.
Feels like it gets a little better then a lot worse.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:01 am

Auremena wrote:
Jute wrote:Sorry to hear about that, hopefully things will seem brighter to you again and less dark. Usually things do get better in life.

Ah, don't worry, I had that exact same feeling a year ago. Now it fortunately seems like it's starting to be the other way round. If you endure, it will only have made you stronger (and possibly more compassionate) in the end.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:02 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Spoder wrote:You would not believe how many girls these days reject real people because of digital art...

I seriously doubt it's any significant amount.

What is a "significant amount"? It seems to be significant enough that the Japanese have a word for it, if I remember correctly.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:02 am

Auremena wrote:
Jute wrote:Sorry to hear about that, hopefully things will seem brighter to you again and less dark. Usually things do get better in life.

I'm confident you can find a good career path.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Spoder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:04 am

Auremena wrote:

I guess it's a matter of finding what you want?

Hopefully you figure that out really soon :)

Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:07 am

Jute wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:I seriously doubt it's any significant amount.

What is a "significant amount"? It seems to be significant enough that the Japanese have a word for it, if I remember correctly.

A significant amount is an amount that significant. As to the bit about the Japanese having a word for it, well... I doubt I can express my opinion without wandering into the realm of trolling.
Married to Koshka

Spoder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:08 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Jute wrote:What is a "significant amount"? It seems to be significant enough that the Japanese have a word for it, if I remember correctly.

A significant amount is an amount that significant. As to the bit about the Japanese having a word for it, well... I doubt I can express my opinion without wandering into the realm of trolling.

Do the mods honestly even look at TET except to post something or if they're asked to?

The sheer amount of anime otakus at my goddamn school...
Last edited by Spoder on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:08 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Jute wrote:Agreed. Best case scenario when both match, though :P

Not possible.

Not possible? Darn, guess it doesn't count when it's the cartoon version of a real existing person.

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:09 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:Because we wish to be like to cool kids.

"Cool" isn't an accurate description of any of those.

Cool was the description for everyone silly.
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General