NATION

PASSWORD

♫ Am I only dreaming, is this burning.. the eternal thread ♫

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:01 pm

Kelinfort wrote:
Jute wrote:You'd rather lie than pretending to be something you're not?

I pretend heterosexuality to my family. But those are the benefits of living elsewhere.

My family thinks I'm asexual. They couldn't be farther from the truth. :p
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:01 pm

R the Zombie wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
You mean gay people can't get HBO?

Nope. We're stuck with Cinemax, Showtime, and Epix.

In that case, I see your point.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:I pretend heterosexuality to my family. But those are the benefits of living elsewhere.

I thought your father knew you had a boyfrined.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
R the Zombie wrote:Nope. We're stuck with Cinemax, Showtime, and Epix.

In that case, I see your point.

Yeah. It sucks.
I am Chrinthanium
"Mr. Humprhies, come sit next to me and give me a baby."
Gallade wrote:
R the Zombie wrote:I don't eat ponies. I'm not interested in crapping rainbows all night.

Either live up to negative stereotypes or GTFO, R!

Benshir wrote:
Cadonica wrote:Brazilian Ji Jitsu

Remember, it's only gay if you make eye contact.

Gallade wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Guess the potatoes are going to be expensive this season.

Ach, that will drive up the price of Irish beef here when we have to make up for the loss.

Thanks R, you've singlehandedly destroyed the EU.

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
The States of Balloon wrote:Things are shit here.

I'm back now though, so things are looking up.

Apparently so.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Val Halla wrote:My family thinks I'm asexual. They couldn't be farther from the truth. :p

I thought your father knew you had a boyfrined.

The rest, I mean.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:03 pm

R the Zombie wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:In that case, I see your point.

Yeah. It sucks.

Sorry dude. :hug:

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
R the Zombie wrote:Yeah. It sucks.

Sorry dude. :hug:

Wait a minute. A triumph for equality! Time Warner says I can have HBO now!
I am Chrinthanium
Gallade wrote:
R the Zombie wrote:I don't eat ponies. I'm not interested in crapping rainbows all night.

Benshir wrote:

Gallade wrote:

Ach, that will drive up the price of Irish beef here when we have to make up for the loss.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:I pretend heterosexuality to my family. But those are the benefits of living elsewhere.

My parents aren't exactly liberal when it comes to their view on "sexual minorities"... I can never relate to all these stories I read on the internet where the parents are so accepting of homosexuality and "knew all along", while assuring them there's nothing wrong with it. Not that they would disown me, but I can't (and don't want to) imagine their reaction. Darn, this kind of really makes me look like I grew up in rural Texas, doesn't it? :P (No offense to anyone from Texas here)
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:13 pm

R the Zombie wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:You mean it's not like walking into mordor?

Nope. It's like being born in Mordor only not realizing it.
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:And of course I screw up my wording.

Things like that usually portray me as idiotic or lack intelligence on the subject I'm talking about.

Not really. At least I didn't think that. People are what they are. The goal is to learn who you are, embrace it, and live with it because that's where true happiness will come from.

That is hard, you know? :P At least I've been having trouble with learning that kind of thing. And I'm not sure how I can find true happiness if other people around me, including possibly my parents, would judge me a lot... I don't want to alienate myself from them anymore...
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Jute wrote:
R the Zombie wrote:Nope. It's like being born in Mordor only not realizing it.

Not really. At least I didn't think that. People are what they are. The goal is to learn who you are, embrace it, and live with it because that's where true happiness will come from.

That is hard, you know? :P At least I've been having trouble with learning that kind of thing. And I'm not sure how I can find true happiness if other people around me, including possibly my parents, would judge me a lot... I don't want to alienate myself from them anymore...

I found happiness in total apathy. I recommend trying it for a week or eighty. Y'know, however long you want. Stay a while. Stay forever.
A LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES member. Loosely based on The God Machine from New World of Darkness.
Steam

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Honestly, I wish my nose had a faucet so I could close it when it gets uppity. But then breathing would be impinged. I'll learn to breathe through my belly button!
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Honestly, I wish my nose had a faucet so I could close it when it gets uppity. But then breathing would be impinged. I'll learn to breathe through my belly button!

Let me know when you master these things. I require them.
A LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES member. Loosely based on The God Machine from New World of Darkness.
Steam

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Honestly, I wish my nose had a faucet so I could close it when it gets uppity. But then breathing would be impinged. I'll learn to breathe through my belly button!

Hay fever sucks. That is it, right? :hug:
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Novum Alexandria wrote:

Let me know when you master these things. I require them.

I'll send you a detailed video of my findings. If I fail, acquire gills!
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Jute wrote:
R the Zombie wrote:Nope. It's like being born in Mordor only not realizing it.

See, I used to care about that stuff. However, and this took me a while to learn, if they really don't like you, or don't care for you, or sit in judgement of you for who you are, then, while it sucks, those are not the people you need in your life. I mean, everyone goes at their own pace and does it their own way, but most of the people I know, including myself, who were in your situation eventually had to wise up to their own reality and finally just be themselves.
I am Chrinthanium
Gallade wrote:

Benshir wrote:

Gallade wrote:

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Novum Alexandria wrote:
Jute wrote:That is hard, you know? :P At least I've been having trouble with learning that kind of thing. And I'm not sure how I can find true happiness if other people around me, including possibly my parents, would judge me a lot... I don't want to alienate myself from them anymore...

I found happiness in total apathy. I recommend trying it for a week or eighty. Y'know, however long you want. Stay a while. Stay forever.

Apathy doesn't sound like me, though, but thanks. I would probably feel empty, and I don't want to. Besides I think I've thought so much about it that just stopping would be somewhat hard... :unsure:

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Novum Alexandria wrote:Let me know when you master these things. I require them.

NANA! :hug:
I am Chrinthanium
Gallade wrote:

Benshir wrote:

Gallade wrote:

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Val Halla wrote:

Hay fever sucks. That is it, right? :hug:

It's a mixture of sinus issues with a pubescent cold or flu.
Slava Ukraini

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Jute wrote:
Val Halla wrote:My family thinks I'm asexual. They couldn't be farther from the truth. :p

My parents aren't exactly liberal when it comes to their view on "sexual minorities"... I can never relate to all these stories I read on the internet where the parents are so accepting of homosexuality and "knew all along", while assuring them there's nothing wrong with it. Not that they would disown me, but I can't (and don't want to) imagine their reaction. Darn, this kind of really makes me look like I grew up in rural Texas, doesn't it? :P (No offense to anyone from Texas here)

There needs to be more parents like me. Beyond the hope that any sex they're having is safe sex, I have no interest in my kids' sex lives.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:19 pm

R the Zombie wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

NANA! :hug:

Mr. Humphries!! :hug:
Slava Ukraini

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Val Halla wrote:Hay fever sucks. That is it, right? :hug:

It's a mixture of sinus issues with a pubescent cold or flu.

Ah. I've had the sneezes bad recently. There hasn't been rain in a while either.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Jute wrote:
Novum Alexandria wrote:I found happiness in total apathy. I recommend trying it for a week or eighty. Y'know, however long you want. Stay a while. Stay forever.

Apathy doesn't sound like me, though, but thanks. I would probably feel empty, and I don't want to. Besides I think I've thought so much about it that just stopping would be somewhat hard... :unsure:

It was a half-joke, but you'd be surprised.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Novum Alexandria wrote:Let me know when you master these things. I require them.

Video! BAH! Bring yourself. Already dissected, if you please.
Steam

R the Zombie
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby R the Zombie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Jute wrote:My parents aren't exactly liberal when it comes to their view on "sexual minorities"... I can never relate to all these stories I read on the internet where the parents are so accepting of homosexuality and "knew all along", while assuring them there's nothing wrong with it. Not that they would disown me, but I can't (and don't want to) imagine their reaction. Darn, this kind of really makes me look like I grew up in rural Texas, doesn't it? :P (No offense to anyone from Texas here)

There needs to be more parents like me. Beyond the hope that any sex they're having is safe sex, I have no interest in my kids' sex lives.

When I told my mom, she didn't get all upset like I thought she would. She literally asked me, "So you want me to throw you a coming out party?" And I was like, "I'm not a debutante." Though, Italian mother is Italian... she hopes I find happiness..... with a nice Italian boy.
I am Chrinthanium
Gallade wrote:

Benshir wrote:

Gallade wrote:

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Your local air has been rather pollen-y today.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General