NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Toilet Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:42 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Yes my god daughter did it once in my house, it was indeed the water of satan.

All that you tried to get rid off by flushing, returning with a vengeance. That's no fun. That's no fun at all!

Unless it happens to someone you dislike.
For: LGBTQ+, Choice, Equalist1,
Against: Racism2, Sexism, Homophobia, Heterophobia3, Feminazi.
1 If you have a problem with this then find a way to deal with it.
2 Some forms of racism are acceptable in my opinion. I hate the marathon race so much.
3 This is a joke.

Distruzio
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Distruzio » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:36 am

I always put it back down. It's the polite and gentlemanly thing to do.
Eastern Orthodox Christian
Christ is King
Glorify Him

capitalism is not natural
secularism is not neutral
liberalism is not tolerant

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:40 am

Meh. Look before you sit - simple as. It isn't as though my hands are broken and I can't put it up or down as needed, nor vise versa. That said, the seat is usually down, and I have never made an issue of it being so. We have two males and two females in the house, and it's all more or less worked itself out without any necessary discussions, rules, or requests on the matter. Go fig. *shrugs*

United Provinces of Swaziland
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Provinces of Swaziland » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:02 am

I put it back down.
The Right Honourable The Lord Bremersdorp-Manzini
Governor-General of the United Provinces of Swaziland
Pro: Constitutional Monarchism, Parliamentary Republicanism, Social liberalism
Anti: Robert Mugabe, ANC, Corruption, Tribalism, Fascism, Marxism, Absolute Monarchism
Compass: Economic Left: -1.5 and Social Authoritarian: 0.62
I am a nineteen-year-old white Swazi-Zimbabwean (Swazi father and Zimbabwean mother) studying PPE at the University of Cape Town in South Africa; a South African citizen-in-the-making too. I only speak English fluently but plan on learning Afrikaans, Dutch, French, German, Spanish and whatever the future brings.

Send your telegrams!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Meh. Look before you sit - simple as. It isn't as though my hands are broken and I can't put it up or down as needed, nor vise versa. That said, the seat is usually down, and I have never made an issue of it being so. We have two males and two females in the house, and it's all more or less worked itself out without any necessary discussions, rules, or requests on the matter. Go fig. *shrugs*

It in fact does require moderator intervention in my house. I got a warning and a ban.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:06 pm

Distruzio wrote:I always put it back down. It's the polite and gentlemanly thing to do.

You don't seem to have much faith in womens abilities. Are you sure you're being polite and not ridiculously insulting?
Do you cut up their meals for them too? Chew their food? That kind of thing?

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Meh. Look before you sit - simple as. It isn't as though my hands are broken and I can't put it up or down as needed, nor vise versa. That said, the seat is usually down, and I have never made an issue of it being so. We have two males and two females in the house, and it's all more or less worked itself out without any necessary discussions, rules, or requests on the matter. Go fig. *shrugs*

You're a woman who can competently operate a toilet without a male preparing it for her.
Congratulations. Apparently, it's quite the feat.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:51 am

The combination of a GG proponent and toilets is strangely fitting.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:32 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:The combination of a GG proponent and toilets is strangely fitting.

Toilets are always N important topic. I for one, support them

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:15 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:The combination of a GG proponent and toilets is strangely fitting.

Toilets are always N important topic. I for one, support them

And rightly so. I was trying to be subtle without wanting to directly mention the act of flushing away useless crap.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Toilets are always N important topic. I for one, support them

And rightly so. I was trying to be subtle without wanting to directly mention the act of flushing away useless crap.

well it was working very well, till you explained and that turns it from a smooth flush to a bit of an overflow, which is why i am glad the seat was down.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

De Hilliche Kening
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby De Hilliche Kening » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:05 am

Ethel mermania wrote:

It in fact does require moderator intervention in my house. I got a warning and a ban.

So you had to go outside like common livestock?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:27 pm

De Hilliche Kening wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:It in fact does require moderator intervention in my house. I got a warning and a ban.

So you had to go outside like common livestock?

The livestock in my house is most uncommon.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:55 am

And given the sudden development in TET, it seems only logical to bring this thread back in the spotlight. Some subjects are worth being discussed for a prolonged period of time quite a bit more than others, after all.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:57 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:And given the sudden development in TET, it seems only logical to bring this thread back in the spotlight. Some subjects are worth being discussed for a prolonged period of time quite a bit more than others, after all.

Well if we used targeting systems our aim would be better.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Valloria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valloria » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:04 pm

In my house, there's a bathroom in each bedroom and one public one off of the dining room. In my room, I don't put the seat down because no-one else uses it. In my parent's room, the seat fluctuates depending on who used it last because my mom doesn't care, she puts it down and leaves it down, us guys put it up and leave it up. Honestly, it doesn't even matter.
JON LOVITZ 2020

De Hilliche Kening
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby De Hilliche Kening » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:46 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:And given the sudden development in TET, it seems only logical to bring this thread back in the spotlight. Some subjects are worth being discussed for a prolonged period of time quite a bit more than others, after all.

Well if we used targeting systems our aim would be better.

Wearing a laser pointer there seems a bit uncomfortable, if you ask me.

United Earthlings
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United Earthlings » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Got my own question first for the guys.

When you piss standing up, wherever that happens to be, do you just lift the lid up or both the seat and the lid?-should this be a poll option?

As to the OP: I was taught to put the lid down, so that's what I do as it's too hard to fight an ingrained behavior trait leftover from childhood. When I'm a guest in other people's homes, I try to leave it as I found it, but sometimes the default setting kicks in.
Commonwealth Defence Export|OC Thread for Storefront|Write-Ups
Embassy Page|Categories Types

You may delay, but time will not, therefore make sure to enjoy the time you've wasted.

Welcome to the NSverse, where funding priorities and spending levels may seem very odd, to say the least.

Gold Harbor
Envoy

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gold Harbor » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:22 am

Put it d down and then close the thingy on top. That way she also has to open it before she can do anything.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:00 am

United Earthlings wrote:Got my own question first for the guys.

When you piss standing up, wherever that happens to be, do you just lift the lid up or both the seat and the lid?-should this be a poll option?

As to the OP: I was taught to put the lid down, so that's what I do as it's too hard to fight an ingrained behavior trait leftover from childhood. When I'm a guest in other people's homes, I try to leave it as I found it, but sometimes the default setting kicks in.

At home I put both the seat and lid down, this is done more-so to keep things from being put into(young kids and all) or falling into the toilet that I really don't want to fish out. Have I left both up from time to time, umm, yeah its no biggie.
What prompted the whole question was the use of a MENs room at work by some of the female workers. None of the toilets at work have lids, just a seat.
The main issue was the few females that are complaining about the ONE mens room, where the seat is being left up. I mean after all it is a mens room that has been ok'd for females to use when it is vacant and the other WOMENs restrooms are occupied.
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:53 am

United Earthlings wrote:Got my own question first for the guys.

When peeing standing up i lift seat and lid, and put both down when done.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Naushantiya
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Naushantiya » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:59 pm

I don't like other people using my toilet, I don't think anybody uses the water closet except me and everybody in my family uses his own toilet, we have around 6 toilets attached with bathrooms, 3 people stay here, so I never actually thought this could be debated or discussed but I keep it anyhow, I never particularly thought about this, right now it should be up I guess

this is weird

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:36 pm

I follow the simplest solution, as a male, and sit down to pee.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:46 am

Naushantiya wrote:I don't like other people using my toilet, I don't think anybody uses the water closet except me and everybody in my family uses his own toilet, we have around 6 toilets attached with bathrooms, 3 people stay here, so I never actually thought this could be debated or discussed but I keep it anyhow, I never particularly thought about this, right now it should be up I guess

this is weird

Must be a big house if there are six toilets available!

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:00 am

Yeah, see, no-one is saying that the seat should be put back down because women are incapable of doing so themselves... In three out of four possible scenarios (women defecating, men defecating, women urinating) the seat is down, so doing so is simply a matter of courtesy. Why should the seat be left up for the one instance (men urinating) where that is the optimal arrangement?
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Ameige
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:17 am

If there is a woman in the house, it is just polite etiquette to put the seat down. If not, then whatever happens, happens.
What if there is a power outage and you have a woman in your house who needs to use the bathroom? If you didn't have the seat down, your going to hear about it.
Or just if she is used to people being respectful enough to mind the fact there is a woman in the house and she gets to find out your the one person who doesn't care.
You will get an ear-full. If a woman is not in the house, do what you will. If there is, put the seat down or we will chew your ear off for it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General