NATION

PASSWORD

Cleaveland Officer Shoots A 12 YEAR OLD

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Armstdern
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Armstdern » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Nova Acernis wrote:
Armstdern wrote:The cop is an asshole, as a police officer you don't value your own life over a child's, also if a police officer can't tell the difference between a fake and a real gun then he shouldn't be a cop in the first place.

The barrel on the airsoft gun had no orange safety indicator and was all black. It looked like a real gun. Also, police officers cannot be suspected to die because the armed person is a child. Lastly, he wasn't just acting to protect himself, but the other officer(s) at the scene and any bystanders.

You're an idiot if you think that police officers should be expected to die because the person with a gun (what was later discovered to not be a real one) is a child. The cop also did NOT, I repeat, did NOT, think he did good. He is distraught over the incident.

Also, why are you even trying to pull the racism card? If Tamir Rice was white, I guarantee that you wouldn't give two fucks.

They drove right up next to the boy, they saw the gun. They should of been able to tell the difference between a fake and a real gun.

Planita
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:
United States Kingdom wrote:Life in prison would be a good punishment.

Life in prison for...self defense? What about the Second Amendment?

Oh great you again...

I believe that the kid by removing markings from the fake gun did something incredibly stupid.

Archeuland and Baughistan
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:12 pm

The balkens wrote:

Hes a police officer, every round he fires he is accountable for. its not some redneck that wants to squeeze off a few rounds.

That's not the story, though. Someone had a very realistic gun and was causing a lot of trouble. The cop is justified.
Standing on the truth of God's word and the gospel.
Learn more about the true history of the world here.
You must be born again? What does that mean?
Islam, the religion of peace? What does history tell us?
The Israelites were "genocidal"? No they weren't!
Agenda 21 map - it affects us all!
Let's rebuild Noah's Ark to serve as a reminder about the true history of Earth!
Proud Foreign Minister of the Christian Liberty Alliance

☩Founder of the Alliance of Protestant Nations - Join today! Learn more here

Planita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Armstdern wrote:
Nova Acernis wrote:
The barrel on the airsoft gun had no orange safety indicator and was all black. It looked like a real gun. Also, police officers cannot be suspected to die because the armed person is a child. Lastly, he wasn't just acting to protect himself, but the other officer(s) at the scene and any bystanders.

You're an idiot if you think that police officers should be expected to die because the person with a gun (what was later discovered to not be a real one) is a child. The cop also did NOT, I repeat, did NOT, think he did good. He is distraught over the incident.

Also, why are you even trying to pull the racism card? If Tamir Rice was white, I guarantee that you wouldn't give two fucks.

They drove right up next to the boy, they saw the gun. They should of been able to tell the difference between a fake and a real gun.

The fake gun had its orange tip removed, without it looks very convincing

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Planita wrote:Oh great you again...

Hello!
Last edited by Archeuland and Baughistan on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's rebuild Noah's Ark to serve as a reminder about the true history of Earth!

Armstdern
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Armstdern » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:13 pm

The balkens wrote:
Hes a police officer, every round he fires he is accountable for. its not some redneck that wants to squeeze off a few rounds.

That's not the story, though. Someone had a very realistic gun and was causing a lot of trouble. The cop is justified.

> Kills a child
> Is justified
Yeah nahh

Kriegers
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kriegers » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Armstdern wrote:
Nova Acernis wrote:

Having used real weapons and AirSoft guns, it's not incredibly easy to tell from any distance.
We speak a Germanic language that is not German.
If a non-human ever commands our forces
Anthem (Better)
Techs: PT, MT, PMT, FT, slightly FanT.
Enemies: Non-humans, mainly ponies.
Grenartia wrote:
Kriegers wrote:Looks interesting. I might join, let me just hit the WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE? button.

http://i.imgur.com/Q0YVcDA.jpg

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:14 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Armstdern wrote:THEY ARE COPS, HE DROVE UP RIGHT NEXT TO HIM.

What is "right next to him"? That's not really a useful measurement without knowing the distance. Past 5 or 6 ft, that thing would look pretty real.

Of course, that then begs the question - if the police officers did think it was real, and that Rice was a threat, why did they drive straight up to him at point blank range, roll down the window and yell at him? That seems like a pretty unsafe way to deal with someone with a firearm.
Last edited by Avenio on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sediczja
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sediczja » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Trygg wrote:

looooooooooool. I don't agree with life imprisonment, but isn't there something called using "necessary force"? Did the officer really have to shoot-to-kill?
You either shoot or you don't shoot at all, there is no "shooting to wound" as I understand it. That's why we have tasers and baton guns.

Armstdern wrote:They drove right up next to the boy, they saw the gun. They should of been able to tell the difference between a fake and a real gun.
If I pulled that pistol on you and you had a, let's say, one second window to identify it, would you think it was real or not?
A holy place can never exist without enemies.
I'm not even an anarchist but whatever
DeviantArt
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:The USA was in NATO when the American Civil War happened

Carcelea wrote:WHEN IT WILL STOPS?????

Saiwania wrote:Instead of adjusting my world view to fit more closely with facts, I prefer to try to force the facts into my world view. I've come to my conclusion: that race mixing is bad, therefore I have to do my best to minimize what contradicts that and maximize what supports it. I desperately want the Bible's scriptures to say that God forbids interracial marriage.

Planita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Planita wrote:Oh great you again...

Hello!

Whatever... please refrain from saying anything idiotic
Armstdern wrote:> Kills a child
> Is justified
Yeah nahh

Its in limbo, the gun was very realistic

Armstdern
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Armstdern » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Kriegers wrote:
Armstdern wrote:

Having used real weapons and AirSoft guns, it's not incredibly easy to tell from any distance.

Either way, they shot to kill that boy. His death would've been avoided if they chose to shoot elsewhere.
Last edited by Armstdern on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trygg
Envoy

Founded: Jul 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trygg » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:15 pm

The balkens wrote:

Again, for the third time, the officer should have taken the fact that the kid was obviously under 15 into consideration, and he also shouldn't have shot-to-kill. Unnecessary force was used.
Fecal-Meteorologist of the general forum

Make Oreos our currency now!
-------
Hetland 2 wrote:
As of now, Christopher has the sex appeal of road kill.
-------
Hakio wrote:
Fuck the dictionary.

Iron Fist Sovereignty
Spokesperson

Founded: May 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Iron Fist Sovereignty » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Armstdern wrote:
Nova Acernis wrote:

It was holstered at the time. Also, look at the goddamn fucking pictures of the airsoft gun - I can tell it's not real, but at any kind of distance, I wouldn't be able to. If I could only see the grip, I wouldn't be able to tell, at least not in the mere moments I would have to decide whether or not to fire.

Hell, they may not have been able to see the gun because it was holstered. Stop trying to say that cops should be able to identify the weapon in three fucking milliseconds.

Also, I'm Nova's other nation.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 pm

Armstdern wrote:

> Kills a child
> Is justified
Yeah nahh

This brings up an interesting point, by the way. You say that killing a child is not justified. What about abortions? Secularists typically support that, after all. Where do we draw the line? A child in the womb is helpless and defenseless, but this 12 year old waving the gun around was neither helpless or defenseless, he was violent and hostile.

That being said, the 12 year old made a conscious choice to cause trouble and wave a gun around, and unfortunately paid his life as a consequence.

Dalcaria
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 pm

Armstdern wrote:
Kriegers wrote:Having used real weapons and AirSoft guns, it's not incredibly easy to tell from any distance.

Either way, they shot to kill that boy. His death would've been avoided if they chose to shoot elsewhere.

Which raises my question again, where did the officer shoot the boy, does anyone know? Because if there was a way of shooting that boy non-lethally, then I am concerned by the fact he did not.
"Take Fascism and remove the racism, ultra-nationalism, oppression, murder, and replace these things with proper civil rights and freedoms and what do you get? Us, a much stronger and more free nation than most."
"Tell me, is it still a 'revolution' or 'liberation' when you are killing our men, women, and children in front of us for not allowing themselves to be 'saved' by you? Call Communism and Democracy whatever you want, but to our people they're both the same thing; Oppression."
"You say manifest destiny, I say act of war. You're free to disagree with me, but I tend to make my arguments with a gun."
Since everyone does one of these: Impeach Democracy, Legalize Monarchy, Incompetent leadership is theft.

Kalbana
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 pm

> Is justified
Yeah nahh

This brings up an interesting point, by the way. You say that killing a child is not justified. What about abortions? Secularists typically support that, after all. Where do we draw the line? A child in the womb is helpless and defenseless, but this 12 year old waving the gun around was neither helpless or defenseless, he was violent and hostile.

That being said, the 12 year old made a conscious choice to cause trouble and wave a gun around, and unfortunately paid his life as a consequence.

Please don't derail the thread.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 pm

> Is justified
Yeah nahh

No, no threadjack.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Armstdern
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Armstdern » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Sediczja wrote:
Trygg wrote:looooooooooool. I don't agree with life imprisonment, but isn't there something called using "necessary force"? Did the officer really have to shoot-to-kill?
You either shoot or you don't shoot at all, there is no "shooting to wound" as I understand it. That's why we have tasers and baton guns.

Armstdern wrote:They drove right up next to the boy, they saw the gun. They should of been able to tell the difference between a fake and a real gun.
If I pulled that pistol on you and you had a, let's say, one second window to identify it, would you think it was real or not?

I'd rather die then shoot a child.

Planita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:17 pm

> Is justified
Yeah nahh

One: Can you not
Two: I would unfortunately have to agree with you with this. It was in extremely stupid thing to do

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:17 pm

:Eats Popcorn:

Might sit this one out, pretty entertaining so far.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Did any of you care to read my other post?
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:18 pm

> Is justified
Yeah nahh

Take your threadjack and vacate the premises.
Hellenic Polytheist, Socialist

Planita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Archie has a habit of threadjacking everything.

Kalbana
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Planita wrote:Archie has a habit of threadjacking everything.

Yep

Kriegers
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kriegers » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Armstdern wrote:
Kriegers wrote:Having used real weapons and AirSoft guns, it's not incredibly easy to tell from any distance.

Do you honestly think they are so skilled with firearms that they could shoot it out if his hand? Otherwise, shooting anywhere else doesn't eliminate a threat, there is only a chance of the threat being diminished.

If I heard of a 12-year-old boy running around and causing trouble with a gun, I'd assume he wasn't mentally healthy. Therefore, chances cannot be taken.

Also, the officer didn't exactly have time to debate morals.
We speak a Germanic language that is not German.
If a non-human ever commands our forces
Anthem (Better)
Techs: PT, MT, PMT, FT, slightly FanT.
Enemies: Non-humans, mainly ponies.
Grenartia wrote:
Kriegers wrote:Looks interesting. I might join, let me just hit the WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE? button.

http://i.imgur.com/Q0YVcDA.jpg

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General