NATION

PASSWORD

Statistics Don't Support Rape Culture

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:20 am

Kelinfort wrote:
Haktiva wrote:So how can people not be afraid when it's being touted that in in 4 women will be sexually assaulted while in college, yet women make up the majority of college students? I would argue the ones who want you to be afraid are the ones screeching the 1 in 4 lie.

And how do I blame victims? Often times they aren't responsible for the motivations of their rapist, but there are indeed steps they can take to defend themselves and prevent this crap form happening to them?

What? I have no idea what you're getting at, and quite frankly, that sounds downright paranoid.

You're blaming victims by suggesting if people are not downright paranoid and fearful of every time they come into contact with a woman that they will get raped, that they're somehow at fault. Again, this is absurd, considering way less men get raped outside of prison.

I find that a hard pill to swallow, given it seems that over 1.2 million men outside of prison are raped each year in the US alone, most of them by women.

Source that over 1.2 million men in prison are raped each year?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:25 am

I know that women can rape men but I'll admit as much, I wouldn't feel as intimidated about a female trying to rape me as I would if it was another man. I don't think the scenario is anywhere near as likely as male on female rape, and women on average are physically weaker than men.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:26 am

Haktiva wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:There already is.

example?

In theory false accusers can be slapped with filing a false police report. In practice, this doesn't happen very often, and feminists have worked long and hard to try to insure that false accusers aren't being punished, with the idea that punishing false accusers could discourage victims from coming forward.

There's no need to draw up a specific penalty for false accusation of rape, or even for falsely accusing a specific person, specifically; statutes relating to filing false police reports (covering waste of police time), libel (covering damage to reputation), and the general system of compensatory damages (covering things like unwarranted expulsion) are sufficient, provided they do not - de facto or de jure - provide a special exemption for people making accusations of rape.

Haktiva
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Haktiva » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:28 am

Tahar Joblis wrote:
Haktiva wrote:example?

In theory false accusers can be slapped with filing a false police report. In practice, this doesn't happen very often, and feminists have worked long and hard to try to insure that false accusers aren't being punished, with the idea that punishing false accusers could discourage victims from coming forward.

There's no need to draw up a specific penalty for false accusation of rape, or even for falsely accusing a specific person, specifically; statutes relating to filing false police reports (covering waste of police time), libel (covering damage to reputation), and the general system of compensatory damages (covering things like unwarranted expulsion) are sufficient, provided they do not - de facto or de jure - provide a special exemption for people making accusations of rape.

Feminism is largely about making money while changing culture for the worst nowadays. Feminism is the business of professional victims.
All around disagreeable person.

"Personal freedom is a double edged sword though. On the one end, it grants more power to the individual. However, the vast majority of individuals are fuckin idiots, and if certain restraints are not metered down by more responsible members of society, the society quickly degrades into a hedonistic and psychotic cluster fuck."

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:36 am

Haktiva wrote:Feminism is largely about making money while changing culture for the worst nowadays. Feminism is the business of professional victims.

Feminism is more complicated and more simple than that.

Simply, feminism is about making sure that women don't get screwed over.

Yes, there are some professional feminists, and some of those professional feminists have a business model of professional victims. Some feminists seem more interested in propagating and sustaining their movement and funding engine than in actually getting things done. But overall, once you sort past the bad actors, scam artists, and occasional raging hate-filled maniac, the movement has a clear mission of trying to make sure that no woman ever gets screwed over for any reason.

The problem, of course, is that sometimes, trying to make sure all women are protected from everything has collateral effects that aren't very nice or fair.

Rosov
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rosov » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:46 am

Sanctissima wrote:Eh, simple solution, really.

Just castrate perpetrators.

Of course, you'll have to make doubly sure that they actually committed the crime (and seduction wouldn't count as rape), but the punishment would be fitting, and discourage other rapists.

In the United States, I believe that would be banned because it falls under Cruel and Unusual Punishment.
Last edited by Rosov on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was a glorified liberal before like 2017. Now in the Marxist-Leninst gang

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:01 pm

As the father of a teenage daughter, I find much of this thread disturbing. If guys like most of you are what await her, I'd rather she were a lesbian.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Maineiacs wrote:As the father of a teenage daughter, I find much of this thread disturbing. If guys like most of you are what await her, I'd rather she were a lesbian.

To be honest, if anything like most of NSG awaits one of my own daughters in the future, I'd rather for her not to date at all while in high school and most of college.

Then again, I'm glad the real world is not like NSG.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Maineiacs wrote:As the father of a teenage daughter, I find much of this thread disturbing. If guys like most of you are what await her, I'd rather she were a lesbian.

Just ensure she identifies as a feminist... That'll scare most of them away.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Thinking the majority of NSG is what represents the outside world is very wrong.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:27 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

Just ensure she identifies as a feminist... That'll scare most of them away.

To be honest, I don't know what the big deal is if a woman identifies as a feminist and is loud on the issues.

I've dated self-proclaimed feminists, and they're not the kind of women who I'd say are "undateable".

An identification does not a character make I guess.

EDIT: I know it was a joke, but I couldn't pass that comment opportunity up :p
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:31 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:

To be honest, if anything like most of NSG awaits one of my own daughters in the future, I'd rather for her not to date at all while in high school and most of college.

I fear for my hypothetical son(s) as well, perhaps even moreso, and not because of NSG - but because of our culture of rape denial. It's terrifying on all sorts of levels that no one seems to give a shit about their bodily integrity - even those who state their mission statement is to do so.
Last edited by Galloism on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:37 pm

It is her life so I guess not much can be done. I mean, I'd really hate for my children to marry outside of their race, but if it does happen; what am I going to do- disown them?
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Galloism wrote:

I fear for my hypothetical son(s) as well, perhaps even moreso, and not because of NSG - but because of our culture of rape denial. It's terrifying on all sorts of levels that no one seems to give a shit about their bodily integrity - even those who state their mission statement is to do so.

I'm less afraid of my children being stripped of their bodily sovereignty than what I find them becoming disappointed at my generation.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Saiwania wrote:

It is her life so I guess not much can be done. I mean, I'd really hate for my children to marry outside of their race, but if it does happen; what am I going to do- disown them?

We really can't do much with our own children but support their decisions.

Which is, to be fair, one of the reasons why I don't have children yet. Because I want to make sure I can back them up on the right choices they make and provide advice for them when they are going down a path that I perceive is wrong to follow, and protect them when I should. And I don't feel to make that commitment just yet.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Brillnuck wrote:
Firsthome wrote:
I don't care what girls wear.

As long as they don't wear flip flops and short shorts. I hate those :p

Short shorts should actually be banned (that go above the knee). If it goes to your knee, it's okay. But anything higher, and that's calling for trouble.

Any woman who isn't wearing a burqa is calling for trouble. *nod nod*
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Galloism wrote:I fear for my hypothetical son(s) as well, perhaps even moreso, and not because of NSG - but because of our culture of rape denial. It's terrifying on all sorts of levels that no one seems to give a shit about their bodily integrity - even those who state their mission statement is to do so.

I'm less afraid of my children being stripped of their bodily sovereignty than what I find them becoming disappointed at my generation.

I'm already disappointed enough at your generation (and most generations) for all of us.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Galloism wrote:

I'm already disappointed enough at your generation (and most generations) for all of us.

:p

My point is though, that my generation seems to have taken a step backwards. When my children go to school and see what our generation has done, we'll probably be dubbed as the "do nothing" generation.

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Any woman who isn't wearing a burqa is calling for trouble. *nod nod*

lel you'd think that would wrap it all up wouldn't you (pun intended)
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:10 pm

Spoder wrote:There's a lot of negative connotation that goes with feminism, because most people don't actually know what the fuck it is.

That said, a lot needs to be changed about rape culture.

There needs to be way less tolerance, and far harsher punishments.

I think many self-described feminists do not understand what feminism is really about; they've reduced it to man-hating while affecting the image of normal, non-man-hating feminism.

United States of The One Percent
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of The One Percent » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:15 pm

The Arctic Kingdom wrote:This thread is going to be a blast

Yeah, a bunch of guys complaining about how bad life is these days for rapists. What's next, how young black men always seem to get in the way of the bullets when white cops happen to be shooting I suppose.

Have any of you known any woman who has been raped? I have. Would you be calling your female friends and relations these kinds of names if they had been raped?

Here's a thought: instead of "dicking around on the Internet" for your information, try talking to a rape victim. Until you have some better information than what you can find on Wikipedia about some topic, how about shutting the fuck up about it?
Last edited by United States of The One Percent on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''There is one intelligence community and one only. And we are all its victims, wherever we live."

"...taking but not giving, ruling but not obeying, telling but not listening, taking life and not giving it. The slayers govern now, without interference; the dreams of mankind have become empty." -- Philip K. Dick

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:19 pm

As an 18 year old girl, this thread makes me fear my own safety should I ever have to encounter some of these people.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Destiny Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Destiny Island » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:31 pm

United States of The One Percent wrote:
The Arctic Kingdom wrote:This thread is going to be a blast

Yeah, a bunch of guys complaining about how bad life is these days for rapists. What's next, how young black men always seem to get in the way of the bullets when white cops happen to be shooting I suppose.

Have any of you known any woman who has been raped? I have. Would you be calling your female friends and relations these kinds of names if they had been raped?

Here's a thought: instead of "dicking around on the Internet" for your information, try talking to a rape victim. Until you have some better information than what you can find on Wikipedia about some topic, how about shutting the fuck up about it?

We don't need sources or evidence, we need anecdotes! Nothing but anecdotes!
The game.
Kirby Delauter.

Firsthome
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:33 pm

I'm perfectly normal... (Not) but I'm not a pervert, rapist, or sexual abuser.

I'm just smart, ugly, and submissive
I have a heart of a five year-old...
it's in a jar in my basement

Springer:"I've got better things to do tonight than die"

DYK:Breathing lowers your life expectancy by 50%.

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
Left: 8.06, Libertarian: 0.6,7 foreign policy: -5.76, culture: -6.26
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Firsthome
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Threlizdun wrote:

As an 18 year old girl, this thread makes me fear my own safety should I ever have to encounter some of these people.

As a 15 year old male, I feel bad that men rape people....

And that men doing that make people scared...

And that I'm submissive.
I have a heart of a five year-old...
it's in a jar in my basement

Springer:"I've got better things to do tonight than die"

DYK:Breathing lowers your life expectancy by 50%.

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
Left: 8.06, Libertarian: 0.6,7 foreign policy: -5.76, culture: -6.26
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General