NATION

PASSWORD

What do Athiests stand to gain from disproving God?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Greater Beggnig wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
And even if we did not have that idea, that would not say a god exists. If we had absolutely no possible explanation, the correct answer is we do not know.

Atheists and Christians, prove to me that unicorns didn't create the universe. It couldn't have come from nothing, could it? We have the same evidence as you, but it comes from the Bronical Worldview as opposed to your Jesusist/Evolutionist Worldviews.

Evolution has more evidence than Bronical Creationism.
Insert trite farewell here

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Greater Beggnig wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
And even if we did not have that idea, that would not say a god exists. If we had absolutely no possible explanation, the correct answer is we do not know.

Atheists and Christians, prove to me that unicorns didn't create the universe. It couldn't have come from nothing, could it? We have the same evidence as you, but it comes from the Bronical Worldview as opposed to your Jesusist/Evolutionist Worldviews.

You're making no sense right now.
Noone is claiming the universe 'came from nothing', that is a strawman used by creationists.

Bezkoshtovnya
Senator

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezkoshtovnya » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:Let's start with a dispatch I wrote a few months ago which covers the topic of secularism, a key element in the atheistic worldview.

Now atheists have nothing to gain, as the world they live in is an endless cycle of extinctions and death. The consciousness that we humans experience, they speculate, is nothing more than the product of random chance. Further, to degrade us, we humans are merely animals that turned out to be the dominant species, but we all come from some obscure primordial swamp. Life is meaningless, they say, God isn't real, they claim, and evolution is real, or be cast out as anti-science.

But really, we all have the same evidence, no matter what anyone else (like Bill Nye) says. Secularists interpret this evidence to be millions of years and no God, and no morals or religion; Biblical Christians interpret this evidence as proof of God, proof of morals and a one true religion, etc. It is a matter of worldview, whether you stand on man's word or God's word.

There is such a thing as Secular morality, and a lack of an afterlife just makes our limited time all the more valuable. Atheists don't think life is worthless, we think it's special and rare and all the more special for it's rarity.

This.
Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
ΦΣK
------------------

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Greater Beggnig wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

You are misunderstanding the definition of atheist.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Greater Beggnig
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Beggnig » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Greater Beggnig wrote:

Noone is claiming the universe 'came from nothing', that is a strawman used by creationists.

It's a joke, sorry, you guys were just dealing with something that almost reached that level.
Last edited by Greater Beggnig on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not a dictator. It's just that I have a grumpy face."
-Augusto Pinochet

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Greater Beggnig wrote:

Pretty sure that was sarcasm and/or satire.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Greater Beggnig wrote:
Genivaria wrote:You're making no sense right now.

It's a joke, sorry, you guys were just dealing with something that almost reached that level.

Put a smiley, it makes it easier to determine.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:
Roski wrote:
Lifes tough questions are answered through scientific process.
God is fucking fake. We don't want people being fucking sheep to a book written when the Roman Empire was STILL A THING.

It was actually written over a period of 2000 years, starting with Moses' account of Genesis, given to him by God, and ending with the divine Revelation of Jesus Christ, taken down by St. John in 90 AD. It was fully compiled by 300 AD.

If God is fake, then please tell me why everything exists? Please tell me what is so unintelligent and 'f*ing sheep' about examining the evidence and considering the Christian Bible to be the truth? Moreover, what is so unreasonable about belief in God, and what do you seek to prove by being so hateful towards our faith?

Because the Faith itself is bullshit.
And we have this thing here: (A big, BIG bang)
And bullshit. The Torah has been around. Constantine added on (to give you the 'Holy Bible'), and you suddenlt believe everything you read?
Sheep. You are sheep.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:41 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Greater Beggnig wrote:

Actually, seeing as how the Singularity is so hot and energetic as to prevent matter from forming, one could say the universe 'came from nothing'. 'Nothing' in this instance being the absence of matter and 'stuff'. Which, however, is an easily explainable phenomenon merely by the relation of energy to matter Einstein figured out a century ago and the expansions that underwent that singularity.

Where the singularity came from, of course, is another ball of quantum cats ready to pounce out and claw the face off anybody who asks.
Last edited by Occupied Deutschland on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Archeuland and Baughistan
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
I think that it is easy to ignore it if you try to. But open minded thought will allow you to pursue issues like these. The secular culture is close-minded. Christianity is the faith and the truth based on the authority of the word of God. We need a return to the authority of the Word. That's what Christian ministries are about.

If you return to the bible anyone who ever wore polyester or shaved would go to hell. Christianity (Catholicism) repressed intellectual thought for centuries, how can you claim secularism is closed minded?

Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity, sir. You are forgetting about Eastern Orthodoxy, Protestantism, Judaism, Greek Orthodoxy, Syrian Orthodoxy...

In the days of Moses, there were many laws that applied to the Israelites -- and to the Israelites alone, though the pagan cultures were encouraged to follow these laws as well. While laws against 'polyester' were written by Moses, the Ten Commandments (the only laws in the Bible that have to be followed) were written by God.

Catholicism has committed many heresies in the past -- but so has every other denomination. There are even Christians who believe in the heresy of evolution. No church is spotless and no one can hold a candle to the 1st century church that we Christians came from. In response to the misguided acts of the Catholic Church in the past, the Protestant Reformation occurred. There have been many schisms in the global church in the continuous journey to purify and unite Christendom.

Meanwhile, secularists control the government, media, and public education, and actively suppress Christian values. There are puppets of the secularists on the media (such as the money-grabbing pastors and such), which are merely tools to give the appearance that Christianity is welcome in the culture. The religion of evolution and secular humanism, and the lies of historical revisionism are enforced in public schools. And the government has allowed the genocides of abortion (which has killed 50 million people), and gay marriage, and all that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EbF-KfXUko
Standing on the truth of God's word and the gospel.
Learn more about the true history of the world here.
You must be born again? What does that mean?
Islam, the religion of peace? What does history tell us?
The Israelites were "genocidal"? No they weren't!
Agenda 21 map - it affects us all!
Let's rebuild Noah's Ark to serve as a reminder about the true history of Earth!
Proud Foreign Minister of the Christian Liberty Alliance

☩Founder of the Alliance of Protestant Nations - Join today! Learn more here

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
Genivaria wrote:You're making no sense right now.

Actually, seeing as how the Singularity is so hot and energetic as to prevent matter from forming, one could say the universe 'came from nothing'. 'Nothing' in this instance being the absence of matter and 'stuff'. Which, however, is an easily explainable phenomenon merely by the relation of energy to matter Einstein figured out a century ago and the expansions that underwent that singularity.

Where the singularity came from, of course, is another ball of quantum cats ready to pounce out and claw the face off anybody who asks.

What about other universes condensing, colliding, and boom, all that matter explodes out, shooting in every direction.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:46 pm

they get the satisfaction of proving they are right. just like if a 60 foot jesus walks down the street all the christians well be doing this :p

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:46 pm

Roski wrote:
It was actually written over a period of 2000 years, starting with Moses' account of Genesis, given to him by God, and ending with the divine Revelation of Jesus Christ, taken down by St. John in 90 AD. It was fully compiled by 300 AD.

If God is fake, then please tell me why everything exists? Please tell me what is so unintelligent and 'f*ing sheep' about examining the evidence and considering the Christian Bible to be the truth? Moreover, what is so unreasonable about belief in God, and what do you seek to prove by being so hateful towards our faith?

And bullshit. The Torah has been around. Constantine added on (to give you the 'Holy Bible'), and you suddenlt believe everything you read?
Sheep. You are sheep.

How very daft and ignorant, that post. The Bible was already finished (just not compiled), it was the councils within the Church that put everything together back in the 300s. Because of your anti-Bible slant, I am to assume that you think there was a massive conspiracy and the gospel and New Testament was a hoax, right? Do you also think that the Earth is billions of years old, the moon landing was fake, and the Zionist bankers are taking over the world?
Last edited by Archeuland and Baughistan on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's rebuild Noah's Ark to serve as a reminder about the true history of Earth!

The United Territories of Providence
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Territories of Providence » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Imagine you live in a country, let's call it Jesusland

In Jesusland, thousands of people die every year, from preventable deaths. They die because they believe that a supernatural force will save them, and modern medicine is a lie. Some of these deaths are children, whose parents wouldn't give them real medicine.

In Jesusland, you can refuse to serve certain minorities, and a lot of people will support your right to discriminate. Because some decent, law abiding citizens are seen as inferior under the law because they're slightly different from other law abiding citizens. They aren't allowed to marry in most places, they can be refused employment, and until a few years ago it was a criminal offense to be apart of this minority. They're sometimes placed in mental institutions, despite having no psychological problems, they're effectively taught to repress and deny. Why? Because people in Jesusland live by superstition, and just like witches, some normal people are downright evil. Even though their actions effect no one. Unfortunately because of the superstition, a little less than half of Jesusland citizens believe normal people don't deserve the same rights as them.

In Jesusland, about a decade ago....there was a horrible attack. It came from people in Muhammadville, who hated the citizens of Jesusland. They both shared many of the same ideas, but a few variations caused both groups to resent each other. Some folks got together in Muhammadville and planned to kill as many citizens of Jesusland as possible, so they hijacked a plane and crashed it into the most populated area in Jesusland. Meanwhile back in Muhammadville, some folks got together and started killing thousands of their fellow citizens because they wouldn't hate Jesusland. Eventually Jesusland attacked Muhammadville, and got rid of their original attackers. But more came, and they were smarter than the original attackers, and more deadly. Eventually the new attackers decided their ultimate goal was to expand Muhammadville all across the land, into a state or Caliphate. But why do the people in Muhammadville kill? Because, they believe a superstition. Which makes them believe that it's ok to kill anyone who doesn't believe the superstition, and not only is it okay, it's recommend. They believe the way to happiness and order is by bloodshed. So for 1000 years they've been killing citizens from Mosestown, Jesusland, and even citizens from Muhammadburg (which is basically Muhammadville, but they disagree over leadership).

Lastly, folks in Jesusland hold a lot of power. They write laws, make money, study science, record history and they have bombs. But because people in Jesusland rely more on voices, stories and superstitions rather than facts....A lot of people die at the hands of Jesusland, or wish they were dead.
Last edited by The United Territories of Providence on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

FORMER REPUBLICAN
SOCIAL DEMOCRAT
Economic: -2.5
Social: -5.28

LGBTQ Rights
Palestine
Medicare for All
Gender Equality
Green Energy
Legal Immigration
Abortion rights
Democracy
Assault Weapons Ban
Censorship
MRA
Fundamentalism
Fascism
Political Correctness
Fascism
Monarchy
Illegal Immigration
Capitalism
Free Trade

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:they get the satisfaction of proving they are right. just like if a 60 foot jesus walks down the street all the christians well be doing this :p

This reminds me of The Crapture episode of Smodcast.
Insert trite farewell here

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:If you return to the bible anyone who ever wore polyester or shaved would go to hell. Christianity (Catholicism) repressed intellectual thought for centuries, how can you claim secularism is closed minded?

In the days of Moses, there were many laws that applied to the Israelites -- and to the Israelites alone, though the pagan cultures were encouraged to follow these laws as well. While laws against 'polyester' were written by Moses, the Ten Commandments (the only laws in the Bible that have to be followed) were written by God.

And the government has allowed the genocides of abortion (which has killed 50 million people), and gay marriage, and all that.

So the laws of the Isrealites don't apply, yet the hatred of gays (A law of the Isrealites only mentioned at any length in Leviticus) still does apply? How does that work
Get out Nazi punks

Utah and Deseret
Secretary

Founded: Jun 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Utah and Deseret » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Staind to gain:
1) bringing down religions they view as opressive or problematic.
2) Stop the Mormons pestering them. (Doesn't work :p )
3)The pursuit of knowledge in ones self and others is it own reward.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:48 pm

The United Territories of Providence wrote:Snip

Excellent ad hominem. :clap:

Seno Zhou Varada
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seno Zhou Varada » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Ok I just had to.

If the Universe couldn't come from nothing where did god come from. He was already there you say. So he came from nothing? Yep. Then why can't the universe come from nothing or just always be there I ask?
Political Compass: Economic: -8.88 Social: -9.54
Libertarian Socialist with Anarcho-Communist Leanings
Still dirty commie, shower is currently being collectivised.

Cyrisnia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Greater Beggnig wrote:

Evolution has more evidence than Bronical Creationism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN7f7Rd84_4
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

Cyrisnia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:

And the government has allowed the genocides of abortion (which has killed 50 million people), and gay marriage, and all that.

So the laws of the Isrealites don't apply, yet the hatred of gays (A law of the Isrealites only mentioned at any length in Leviticus) still does apply? How does that work

El Snipperino and El Pickino.
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Roski wrote:
Sheep. You are sheep.

How very daft and ignorant, that post. The Bible was already finished (just not compiled), it was the councils within the Church that put everything together back in the 300s. Because of your anti-Bible slant, I am to assume that you think there was a massive conspiracy and the gospel and New Testament was a hoax, right? Do you also think that the Earth is billions of years old, the moon landing was fake, and the Zionist bankers are taking over the world?

The earth is billions of years old, the moon landing was not fake, and who cares if they are?

False. Even if it was made, certain stories would have been selected out.

What you said is similar to "God wrote Green Eggs and Ham, but it wasn't compiled until later"

The New Testament was more than likely a hoax, and likely to control masses. What's a better way to control everyone than by saying you will burn for eternity if you don't do certain things?

Utah and Deseret
Secretary

Founded: Jun 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Utah and Deseret » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Seno Zhou Varada wrote:Ok I just had to.

If the Universe couldn't come from nothing where did god come from. He was already there you say. So he came from nothing? Yep. Then why can't the universe come from nothing or just always be there I ask?

It could have been.

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Cyrisnia wrote:
Rio de Fuego wrote:

El Snipperino and El Pickino.

I was simply removing the parts that didn't apply to what I was refuting, I wasn't changing the meaning
Get out Nazi punks

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:51 pm

Seno Zhou Varada wrote:Ok I just had to.

Because that would make the universe a God and supernatural, which is a religious idea that secularists could not possibly accept. Nor could us Christians accept this, because the universe is created, not the Creator, and it is a heresy to say otherwise.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General