NATION

PASSWORD

Where is justice and freedom?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:06 pm

This topic is slandering the good name of mercantilism! I demand an apology.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Lalaki
Senator

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lalaki » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:So you admit that America's foundations are not in line with Christianity?

The foundations have been destroyed, they were originally moral and religious, and have been cracking and cracking for about 70 years. It's only a matter of time before we face God's judgment, i.e., the Yellowstone Supervolcano. That should stop our arrogance and God hating.

Our national motto, "Under God" in our Pledge, and other public religious symbols were only adopted because of the Cold War. Our founding fathers, while many were Christians, were actually secular in politics. In fact, many were outright deists.
Born again free market capitalist.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:We heathens don't particularly care as long as you do it away from us.

Actually we can share our opinion with you as much as we want.

I didn't say that you have to do it away from us, I just said that we would very much appreciate it.

If you ask me, one of the commandments should've been, "Thou shalt leave thy neighbor the fuck alone."
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Vulnian Empire wrote:
The Klishi Islands wrote:
No, stay! I'm just putting in the popcorn *closes microwave*

....butter?

It's not popcorn without butter :)
Economic Center-Left, Social Libertarian. Basically an ebul establishment neoliberal.
The political compass is no longer objective, so I've removed it from my sig. TG me for my specific positions.
"Bullshit is everywhere. There is very little that you will encounter in life that has not been, in some ways, infused with bullshit." ~ Jon Stewart

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open. ~ Unknown

These quotes sum up how I feel about the political climate in America. Let's try to keep the debate healthy, open, and honest

Archeuland and Baughistan
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Saint Kitten wrote:
It says that CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW. It doesn't say anything about states or local communities choosing a particular religion to adhere to. Read the text, it says CONGRESS, and congress alone. It prevents the establishment of a state church...and that is it. It does not prohibit the church from having a say in how the state is run. My state is free to establish Christianity as its official religion and even enforce Christian laws.

Separation of church and state applies to every state in the US last I checked.

Separation of church and state is from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to a concerned group of Baptists who thought that one denomination of Christianity would be chosen as the state religion. Jefferson assured them that no state church would be formed.

Separation of church and state has been illegally enforced on sovereign states of this union for over a hundred years by the left, not content with having no religion of their own, instead, enforcing this on everyone else.
Standing on the truth of God's word and the gospel.
Learn more about the true history of the world here.
You must be born again? What does that mean?
Islam, the religion of peace? What does history tell us?
The Israelites were "genocidal"? No they weren't!
Agenda 21 map - it affects us all!
Let's rebuild Noah's Ark to serve as a reminder about the true history of Earth!
Proud Foreign Minister of the Christian Liberty Alliance

☩Founder of the Alliance of Protestant Nations - Join today! Learn more here

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Despite what Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren might want, the US is still a Capitalist nation.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:07 pm

Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:The foundations have been destroyed, they were originally moral and religious, and have been cracking and cracking for about 70 years. It's only a matter of time before we face God's judgment, i.e., the Yellowstone Supervolcano. That should stop our arrogance and God hating.

Treaty of Tripoli was 1797. Bit longer than 70 years ago.

Gotta say, the Yellowstone Supervolcano bit has me thinking Poe, though.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Xenoph
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Xenoph » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Sediczja wrote:
No. But everyone seems like they are just waiting for the opportunity to report me and get me off of NationStates. What I am saying is true. It is an appeal to consider a different viewpoint for once.

Not when your idea of truth is wrong and misconceived many of your facts have been wrong so far and proven with facts by others....

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Actually we can share our opinion with you as much as we want.

I didn't say that you have to do it away from us, I just said that we would very much appreciate it.

If you ask me, one of the commandments should've been, "Thou shalt leave thy neighbor the fuck alone."

We can and will, and if we are ignored continuously, we will leave it to God to decide.
Let's rebuild Noah's Ark to serve as a reminder about the true history of Earth!

Fralinia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fralinia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:Even on this forum and on this thread there will be people who claim to be tolerant and yet are in fact intolerant and obsessed with stopping the spread of other opinions. Watch out for these people and take note of them.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that anyone who isn't OP's opinion shadow clone falls into this category.
John Rawls wrote:Justice is the first virtue of social institutions, as truth is of systems of thought. A theory, however elegant and economical must be rejected or revised if it is untrue; likewise laws and institutions no matter how efficient and well-arranged must be reformed or abolished if they are unjust.

Che Guevera wrote: At a given moment it appears that there may have been a great commotion and a single great change. But that change has been gestating among men day by day, and sometimes generation by generation.
History buff, anti-imperialist. Small horse aficionado. Big fan of Paradox games and almost-state-champion debater.
I read the news.
This poster is a known communist sympathizer.

The Isles of New Babylon
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Isles of New Babylon » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:08 pm

The Isles of New Babylon wrote:I was stating facts. Notice I simply used the strike to show what was factually incorrect with what you were saying, I didn't delete it so no suppression.

I don't believe the 1st amendment of the US constitution enshrines "conservative christian values"

It says that CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW. It doesn't say anything about states or local communities choosing a particular religion to adhere to. Read the text, it says CONGRESS, and congress alone. It prevents the establishment of a state church...and that is it. It does not prohibit the church from having a say in how the state is run. My state is free to establish Christianity as its official religion and even enforce Christian laws.

Making exclusively Christian laws would infringe on the free excercise of religious freedom though. Anyway due to the ruling in Everson V. Board of education (1947) the 1st amendment also applies to states. Justice Hugo Black wrote
The "establishment of religion" clause of the First Amendment means at least this: Neither a state nor the Federal Government can set up a church. Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion to another ... in the words of Jefferson, the [First Amendment] clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between church and State' ... That wall must be kept high and impregnable. We could not approve the slightest breach.

Lalaki
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lalaki » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:09 pm

Saint Kitten wrote:Separation of church and state applies to every state in the US last I checked.

Separation of church and state is from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to a concerned group of Baptists who thought that one denomination of Christianity would be chosen as the state religion. Jefferson assured them that no state church would be formed.

Separation of church and state has been illegally enforced on sovereign states of this union for over a hundred years by the left, not content with having no religion of their own, instead, enforcing this on everyone else.

Again, look up the 14th amendment and incorporation post-Civil War.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:09 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:So you admit that America's foundations are not in line with Christianity?

The foundations have been destroyed, they were originally moral and religious, and have been cracking and cracking for about 70 years. It's only a matter of time before we face God's judgment, i.e., the Yellowstone Supervolcano. That should stop our arrogance and God hating.

Nah. I'll still be an arrogant God hater. But I've always been a bit stubborn, so w/ever.
~~~~~~~~

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:09 pm

Lalaki wrote:

Our national motto, "Under God" in our Pledge, and other public religious symbols were only adopted because of the Cold War. Our founding fathers, while many were Christians, were actually secular in politics. In fact, many were outright deists.

A bunch of lies right there, spoonfed by the education system and the leftist media (where they mass produce press releases of the Democratic National Committee)

Lalaki
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lalaki » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:10 pm

New Israel and Pan-America, is that you?

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:I didn't say that you have to do it away from us, I just said that we would very much appreciate it.

We can and will, and if we are ignored continuously, we will leave it to God to decide.

Could you maybe please skip step one and just let God do his thing?
~~~~~~~~

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Fralinia wrote:
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:Even on this forum and on this thread there will be people who claim to be tolerant and yet are in fact intolerant and obsessed with stopping the spread of other opinions. Watch out for these people and take note of them.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that anyone who isn't OP's opinion shadow clone falls into this category.

*gasps* How'd you know?!?!
Economic Center-Left, Social Libertarian. Basically an ebul establishment neoliberal.
The political compass is no longer objective, so I've removed it from my sig. TG me for my specific positions.
"Bullshit is everywhere. There is very little that you will encounter in life that has not been, in some ways, infused with bullshit." ~ Jon Stewart

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open. ~ Unknown

These quotes sum up how I feel about the political climate in America. Let's try to keep the debate healthy, open, and honest

Saint Kitten
Senator

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Kitten » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Lalaki wrote:

A bunch of lies right there, spoonfed by the education system and the leftist media (where they mass produce press releases of the Democratic National Committee)

Prove otherwise
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."
-Mark Twain
I Side With
Political Compass
Dear Future Generations

The Isles of New Babylon
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Isles of New Babylon » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Saint Kitten wrote:Separation of church and state applies to every state in the US last I checked.

I've just proved you wrong see my previous post.

Communal Ecotopia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Communal Ecotopia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:10 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:You didn't see the passages pushing for the stoning of homosexuals, adulterers, and bankers practicing usury.

Way to go. You don't have a clue that all of those passages are from the Old Testament, and thus no longer apply.

Try Romans 1:26-27.
Political Compass -10, -9.28

Lalaki
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lalaki » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:11 pm

Lalaki wrote:

http://www.ushistory.org/documents/pledge.htm
Also look up the US flag code, and various laws passed during the Eisenhower years.

Fralinia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fralinia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:11 pm

Fralinia wrote:Gonna go out on a limb here and say that anyone who isn't OP's opinion shadow clone falls into this category.

Well, I forced myself to read the entire OP, for starters.
John Rawls wrote:Justice is the first virtue of social institutions, as truth is of systems of thought. A theory, however elegant and economical must be rejected or revised if it is untrue; likewise laws and institutions no matter how efficient and well-arranged must be reformed or abolished if they are unjust.

Che Guevera wrote: At a given moment it appears that there may have been a great commotion and a single great change. But that change has been gestating among men day by day, and sometimes generation by generation.
History buff, anti-imperialist. Small horse aficionado. Big fan of Paradox games and almost-state-champion debater.
I read the news.
This poster is a known communist sympathizer.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Fralinia wrote:

I'm so sorry.
~~~~~~~~

Keventle
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Corporate Bordello

Postby Keventle » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Fralinia wrote:

:clap: Congrats.
Last edited by Keventle on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Lalaki
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lalaki » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_we_trust

"In God we trust" was adopted as the official motto of the United States in 1956 as an alternative or replacement to the unofficial motto of E pluribus unum, which was adopted when the Great Seal of the United States was created and adopted in 1782.[1][2]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General