NATION

PASSWORD

The 2014-15 College Football Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bythyrona
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Waldriech wrote:Ok, I'm a big Razorbacks fan... And after losing 14+ games, We bet LSU and Ole Miss by shutout.
Every time I watch my team I say, "Where probably going the get slaughtered" I don't know how we pulled through this losing streak???

It's not that Arkansas is playing good. It's just that LSU and Ole Miss both suck.

Bythyrona wrote:The Tennessee Trickeration, holy shit. We're making it a game. GO VOLS

That's probably the most successful play Tennessee's had in almost 20 years.

Nice way to skip over the Manning era, seven game streak over the Tide, and 1998 title, Bammer.

Two consecutive shutouts. I'd call that excellent play. Your lack of faith is disturbing.
Last edited by Bythyrona on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Days like dominoes, all in a line

Emerge transformed in a million years, from days like these

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:44 pm

The FUCK FSU Top 25 - Week 13

1. Alabama (10-1)
2. Oregon (10-1)
3. Baylor (9-1)
4t. Florida State (11-0)
4t. Mississippi State (10-1)
6. TCU (9-1)
7. Kansas State (8-2)
8. Ohio State (10-1)
9. Wisconsin (9-2)
10. Georgia (9-2)
11. Michigan State (9-2)
12. Georgia Tech (9-2)
13. Arizona (9-2)
14. Arizona State (9-2)
15. Missouri (9-2)
16. UCLA (9-2)
17. Oklahoma (8-3)
18. Auburn (8-3)
19. Marshall (11-0)
20. Ole Miss (8-3)
21. Colorado State (10-1)
22. Minnesota (8-3)
23. Clemson (8-3)
24. Louisville (8-3)
25. Nebraska (8-3)
---
IN: Louisville, Minnesota, UCLA
OUT: Duke, Notre Dame, USC
---
The Best of the Rest:
#26 Memphis, #27 LSU, #28 Texas A&M, #29 Duke, #30 USC, #31 Utah, #32 Boise State, #33 Notre Dame, #34 Iowa, #35 Maryland, #36 East Carolina, #37 Cincinnati, #38 NIU, #39 WMU, #40 Arkansas
Last edited by Bythyrona on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:14 am

Given that Arkansas shut out two teams miles better than Missouri, I'm picking the Hogs to win next week. If Missouri loses (and should lose), Georgia wins the SEC East (UGA beat Missour 34-0 this season).
Last edited by Tiami on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Bythyrona wrote:
Torisakia wrote:It's not that Arkansas is playing good. It's just that LSU and Ole Miss both suck.

That's probably the most successful play Tennessee's had in almost 20 years.

Nice way to skip over the Manning era, seven game streak over the Tide, and 1998 title, Bammer.

Two consecutive shutouts. I'd call that excellent play. Your lack of faith is disturbing.

Notice I said "almost", VoluntEAr.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:32 pm

So College Gameday is going to needlessly be at the Iron Bowl this Saturday instead of going to the more entertaining Egg Bowl.

So I guess they decided to take the "How many times can we allude to last year's Iron Bowl and Auburn's 109-yard field goal return for a touchdown in the span of three hours?" Challenge.

I'll be counting...
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:48 am

So the top 4 playoff rankings didn't change at all since last week. We might be seeing what the final results will be if those top four win the rest of their games.

Wahland
Envoy

Founded: Jan 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wahland » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:20 am

Bythyrona wrote:
Wahland wrote:idc whether FSU is undefeated or not, they shouldn't even be in the top 4, they ALMOST lost more times than I can remember, and that's with a very weak schedule, I'm a long time Oregon fan, so of course I think they should #1. the only game we lost was when we had injuries on our o-line, and we've been pretty dominant since that game.

A loss is a loss is a loss, doesn't matter how it was done. As much as I hate them and their rapist QB, if FSU finishes 13-0 and you seriously attempt to argue that they do not belong in the CFP, you need to stop watching football. Period.

How is Oregon better than Alabama? 38-31 over Wazzu? 41 points given up to Cal? No, brah. Alabama is number one on the basis that they've beaten the #1 team in the land, their sole loss was to a Top Ten team, and their close games have come in the SEC West, a division stronger than the entirety of the PAC-12. Oregon, on the other hand, lost to a team that is outside the Top Ten and plays in the PAC-12.

Oregon fans sure do crack me up sometimes.

And you SEC folks crack me up too, we have pretty much the fastest offense in the NCAA, and we routinely score upwards of 40 points a game, our only loss was to a now #12 Arizona, and that was because we had a Shitty o-line, and a slacking defense. Even before that we beat Mich. St. Without a sweat, don't be so quick to write off the pac12 and Oregon especially

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:24 am

Wahland wrote:
Bythyrona wrote:A loss is a loss is a loss, doesn't matter how it was done. As much as I hate them and their rapist QB, if FSU finishes 13-0 and you seriously attempt to argue that they do not belong in the CFP, you need to stop watching football. Period.

How is Oregon better than Alabama? 38-31 over Wazzu? 41 points given up to Cal? No, brah. Alabama is number one on the basis that they've beaten the #1 team in the land, their sole loss was to a Top Ten team, and their close games have come in the SEC West, a division stronger than the entirety of the PAC-12. Oregon, on the other hand, lost to a team that is outside the Top Ten and plays in the PAC-12.

Oregon fans sure do crack me up sometimes.

And you SEC folks crack me up too, we have pretty much the fastest offense in the NCAA, and we routinely score upwards of 40 points a game, our only loss was to a now #12 Arizona, and that was because we had a Shitty o-line, and a slacking defense. Even before that we beat Mich. St. Without a sweat, don't be so quick to write off the pac12 and Oregon especially

A loss is a loss is a loss. The final score was still 31-24 Arizona AT AUTZEN STADIUM.

Running up the score on shitty opponents isn't that impressive. What of SEC superior recruiting, or 2010 Auburn, a team known for its weak defense, beating the "unstoppable Oregon offense" on national television? Or what of the fact that every national champ/co-champ from 2006-2012 played in the SEC? Oregon simply plays in a shittier conference IMO.
Last edited by Bythyrona on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wahland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wahland » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:18 am

I'm not saying the pac12 is superior to the SEC at all, I'm just saying you Sec guys are a little quick to write off the pac. Last time I checked the PAC held the #2, #8, #11, #13, and #25 CFP rankings. I'd say thats pretty good. Not to mention I'm pretty try sure USC will be ranked again next year, with them getting their scholarships back. All im saying is that the PAC is getting is on the rise.

And excuse me, I grew up in Grants Pass Oregon,.I bleed green and yellow, I'm not a bandwagoner.

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:45 am

Wahland wrote:I'm not saying the pac12 is superior to the SEC at all, I'm just saying you Sec guys are a little quick to write off the pac. Last time I checked the PAC held the #2, #8, #11, #13, and #25 CFP rankings. I'd say thats pretty good. Not to mention I'm pretty try sure USC will be ranked again next year, with them getting their scholarships back. All im saying is that the PAC is getting is on the rise.

And excuse me, I grew up in Grants Pass Oregon,.I bleed green and yellow, I'm not a bandwagoner.

But I'm not completely writing off Oregon. Despite a loss at home, I still consider them the number two team in the nation. One of the Arizona teams will be in my top ten tomorrow. UCLA, however, is the worst two-loss team in the nation.

...and for the record, because I admittedly ventured into asshole territory, I'm not someone who's an SEC revisionist, nor do I believe the only valid football played is in the SEC. No matter what, the PAC is and has always been more nationally competitive than the ACC. I root for the underdog and I am sick of the SEC winning every national title just as much as I am sick of ESPN's SEC bias*, but the day when someone other than Jimburr and His All-Raping QB**, perhaps the fourth-greatest team ever, can break the streak... has sadly not yet arrived. :(

*ARKANSAS IS STILL A FIVE-LOSS TEAM.
**Why the hell did I like Jameis last year?
Last edited by Bythyrona on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wahland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wahland » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:53 am

Bythyrona wrote:
Wahland wrote:I'm not saying the pac12 is superior to the SEC at all, I'm just saying you Sec guys are a little quick to write off the pac. Last time I checked the PAC held the #2, #8, #11, #13, and #25 CFP rankings. I'd say thats pretty good. Not to mention I'm pretty try sure USC will be ranked again next year, with them getting their scholarships back. All im saying is that the PAC is getting is on the rise.

But I'm not completely writing off Oregon. Despite a loss at home, I still consider them the number two team in the nation. One of the Arizona teams will be in my top ten tomorrow. UCLA, however, is the worst two-loss team in the nation.

...and for the record, because I admittedly ventured into asshole territory, I'm not someone who's an SEC revisionist, nor do I believe the only valid football played is in the SEC. No matter what, the PAC is and has always been more nationally competitive than the ACC. I root for the underdog and I am sick of the SEC winning every national title just as much as I am sick of ESPN's SEC bias*, but the day when someone other than Jimburr and His All-Raping QB**, perhaps the fourth-greatest team ever, can break the streak... has sadly not yet arrived. :(

*ARKANSAS IS STILL A FIVE-LOSS TEAM.
**Why the hell did I like Jameis last year?

Lol I live with an FSU fan so I absolutely hate them too, I thought you were one of the ESPN SEC elitists lmao, but yeah, I admit that Alabama Is getting some unfair criticism this year, when they have a pretty good squad, just for the record, who's your team? And Happy Thanksgiving bro
Last edited by Wahland on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Them 5-6 Tennessee Volunteers, ofc. I hate every team in the SEC, even my own some games. :p

Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving. Lions are winning ATM, and we have TCU-Texas and LSU-Texas A&M later.

Wahland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wahland » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:13 pm

Bythyrona wrote:Them 5-6 Tennessee Volunteers, ofc. I hate every team in the SEC, even my own some games. :p

Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving. Lions are winning ATM, and we have TCU-Texas and LSU-Texas A&M later.

Yeah I'm watching the Detroit game right now, I'll probably watch the A&M game too

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:24 pm

Wahland wrote:we have pretty much the fastest offense in the NCAA

And yet still can't win a national championship...

Meanwhile Virginia and Virginia Tech almost beat the holy fuck out of each other (literally) before their game kicked off. Of course the refs just had to step in and ruin the fun. Can't they learn to just let some teams go at it?
Last edited by Torisakia on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latest Headlines

Rhodisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodisia » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Let's go Buckeyes! *clap, clap, clap clap-clap*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pro: Sortition, gold standard, small and efficient government, concise laws, community policing, responsible private gun ownership, school choice, absolutely free market, low taxes, net neutrality, press freedom, etc

Against: Dynasties, fiat currency, excessive bureaucracy, verbose laws, police militarization, gun control, state-only education, crony capitalism, high taxes, net non-neutrality, censorship, empire, etc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:06 pm

UCLA lost and Arizona's best season since Dick Tomey was there... today was a good day.

Really sad to see Marshall lose, especially to WKU. Ah, well. Hats off to Rakeem Cato and Doc Holliday for completely turning around the Herd. In other small school news, Colorado State lost as well. All mid-majors should now be unranked aside from Memphis if they win tomorrow, but much overrated Boise State is ranked #23 for some fucking stupid reason. That's absurd. How were they ranked over the Rams? These idiots must still think it's 2009 and Petersen didn't take another job, because that's just... no.

Also, Tulsa is leading ECU. The fuck?

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Rhodisia wrote:Let's go Buckeyes! *clap, clap, clap clap-clap*

That's bad and you should feel bad. Big Blue, you know what to do!

~I don't give a damn for the whole state of O-hio!~

Rhodisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodisia » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Bythyrona wrote:That's bad and you should feel bad. Big Blue, you know what to do!

Considering that the Buckeyes have had a near-flawless season, currently has a 9-streak for victories and is undefeated in conference play, that should tell you something. The Wolverines are in total disarray right now (3-4 in conference, 5-6 overall) and they're in no shape to go up against an offense that destroyed the Spartans.
Pro: Sortition, gold standard, small and efficient government, concise laws, community policing, responsible private gun ownership, school choice, absolutely free market, low taxes, net neutrality, press freedom, etc

Against: Dynasties, fiat currency, excessive bureaucracy, verbose laws, police militarization, gun control, state-only education, crony capitalism, high taxes, net non-neutrality, censorship, empire, etc

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Rhodisia wrote:
Bythyrona wrote:That's bad and you should feel bad. Big Blue, you know what to do!

Considering that the Buckeyes have had a near-flawless season, currently has a 9-streak for victories and is undefeated in conference play, that should tell you something. The Wolverines are in total disarray right now (3-4 in conference, 5-6 overall) and they're in no shape to go up against an offense that destroyed the Spartans.

Flawless? I wouldn't call an ass-stomping by a 5-6 ACC team flawless, pal. ;)

Rhodisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodisia » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:20 pm

Bythyrona wrote:Flawless? I wouldn't call an ass-stomping by a 5-6 ACC team flawless, pal. ;)

Way to completely fucking ignore what I said regarding season records and ranking. The Buckeyes only lost to VT because of shitty game timing and ESPN, who scheduled the game to fill their primetime slot when all the while the Buckeyes' offense (Barrett in particular) was not at all ready:

But, as Greenberg noted, that loss may have never happened if the game was played as originally scheduled. When the two schools first agreed upon the series, they were scheduled to play on Sept. 20 – two weeks later. It could be argued that the Buckeyes would have been more prepared to play Virginia Tech, especially as redshirt freshman quarterback J.T. Barrett and the offense had more time to mesh, and may not have lost the game. Their season could have never taken a plunge and the may currently be undefeated and ranked in the top four.

Greenberg went on to tell that the game was moved from week 4 to week 2 because ESPN pitched the idea of a nationally-televised game with either a 3:30 or primetime slot. Ohio State originally had Sept. 6 as a bye week, while Virginia Tech was still looking to schedule an opponent.

Original article
Last edited by Rhodisia on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Rhodisia wrote:
Bythyrona wrote:Flawless? I wouldn't call an ass-stomping by a 5-6 ACC team flawless, pal. ;)

Way to completely fucking ignore what I said regarding season records and ranking. The Buckeyes only lost to VT because of shitty game timing and ESPN, who scheduled the game to fill their primetime slot when all the while the Buckeyes' offense (Barrett in particular) was not at all ready:

But, as Greenberg noted, that loss may have never happened if the game was played as originally scheduled. When the two schools first agreed upon the series, they were scheduled to play on Sept. 20 – two weeks later. It could be argued that the Buckeyes would have been more prepared to play Virginia Tech, especially as redshirt freshman quarterback J.T. Barrett and the offense had more time to mesh, and may not have lost the game. Their season could have never taken a plunge and the may currently be undefeated and ranked in the top four.

Greenberg went on to tell that the game was moved from week 4 to week 2 because ESPN pitched the idea of a nationally-televised game with either a 3:30 or primetime slot. Ohio State originally had Sept. 6 as a bye week, while Virginia Tech was still looking to schedule an opponent.

Original article

Does it matter, really? Like Oregon fans, you attribute the loss to one overriding factor, but that doesn't change the fact that... you lost. The game happened. Ohio State is easily the worst one-loss team in the nation on the sole fact of exactly how bad it was. The Big Ten is only better than the ACC this year, additionally.
Last edited by Bythyrona on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:41 pm

Georgia lost. Baylor's struggling with Texas Tech. Ole Miss is handing Bama the SEC West. The Choke at Doak Mk.II is in progress.

I guess today wasn't bad.

Latest Headlines

Rhodisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodisia » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Looks like I was right, 6Ohio State beat Michigan 42-28. JT Barrett's right leg is fucked up and now it's up to Cardale Jones to QB for the next few games. Braxton Miller is out for the season.
Last edited by Rhodisia on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Nice to see the refs are still helping out Florida State.

Latest Headlines

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Annnnndddd the Choke at Doak Mk.II is now over.

At least Mississippi State is losing.

EDIT: Alabama has now won the SEC West. That means a game in a neutral stadium. Fuck.
Last edited by Torisakia on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latest Headlines

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General