NATION

PASSWORD

The 2014-15 College Football Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:21 am

Tiami wrote:
Torisakia wrote:If it makes you feel any better, Lane Kiffin's doing a piss-poor job at Alabama as well.

Does Tennessee mind taking him back?

So 'Bama's offense is doing a piss poor job? Last time I checked, the offense is doing a pretty good job. Big reason 'Bama is 7-1.

Actually, no.

Alabama's not winning games, it that the team they're playing finds ways to lose. Hell, Alabama would probably have at least 4 losses if 3 of those teams had capitalized on Alabama's mistakes.

So, in other words, it's like 2007 all over again. Except Alabama hasn't lost to a shitty non-conference team yet.

Tiami wrote:Teams go through rough patches. Two games do not make or break an OC.

Well, considering he's calling the stupidest plays in situations where they need something big (i.e calling an inside handoff on 3rd & 16. Who the fuck runs the ball on 3rd & 16?), I'd say he's not that good.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:56 am

Torisakia wrote:
Tiami wrote:So 'Bama's offense is doing a piss poor job? Last time I checked, the offense is doing a pretty good job. Big reason 'Bama is 7-1.

Actually, no.

Alabama's not winning games, it that the team they're playing finds ways to lose. Hell, Alabama would probably have at least 4 losses if 3 of those teams had capitalized on Alabama's mistakes.

So, in other words, it's like 2007 all over again. Except Alabama hasn't lost to a shitty non-conference team yet.

Tiami wrote:Teams go through rough patches. Two games do not make or break an OC.

Well, considering he's calling the stupidest plays in situations where they need something big (i.e calling an inside handoff on 3rd & 16. Who the fuck runs the ball on 3rd & 16?), I'd say he's not that good.

A lot of teams actually run the ball on 3rd & long, especially when they're backed up on their own goal line. It's worked for many teams this year surprisingly.
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:20 pm

First CFP rankings are out.

And so ends Alabama's playoff hopes....

I guess I'll settle for the Cotton Bowl.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Bythyrona
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:49 am

The "moar liek LOL MISS, miriet" Top 25 - Week 9

1. Mississippi State (7-0)
2. Auburn (6-1)
3. Florida State (7-0)
4. Alabama (7-1)
5. Oregon (7-1)
6. Michigan State (7-1)
7. Notre Dame (6-1)
8. Ole Miss (7-1)
9. Baylor (6-1)
10. TCU (6-1)
11. Kansas State (6-1)
12. Georgia (6-1)
13. Arizona State (6-1)
14. Nebraska (7-1)
15. LSU (7-2)
16. East Carolina (6-1)
17. Ohio State (6-1)
18. Arizona (6-1)
19. Oklahoma (5-2)
20. Utah (6-1)
21. West Virginia (6-2)
22. Marshall (8-0)
23. Duke (6-1)
24. Clemson (6-2)
25. Wisconsin (5-2)
---
IN: Wisconsin
OUT: USC
---
The Best of the Rest: #26 Missouri, #27 Louisville, #28 USC, #29 Stanford, #30 Texas A&M, #31 Georgia Tech, #32 UCLA, #33 Minnesota, #34 Colorado State, #35 Rutgers, #36 Maryland, #37 Washington, #38 Kentucky, #39 Boston College, #40t Boise State, #40t Miami, #40t Oklahoma State
Last edited by Bythyrona on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Days like dominoes, all in a line

Emerge transformed in a million years, from days like these

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Torisakia wrote:First CFP rankings are out.

It's the first of a few rankings. :P
Alabama can still get in it.
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:24 pm

If FSU and TCU are both 12-0 at the end of the regular season, I will bet my bottom dollar there will be two SEC West teams, FSU, and TCU in the playoff.

Meanwhile, can we fucking get rid of Muschamp already? The season's over, Foley. Just pull the trigger and put Old Yeller out of his misery. Jesus.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Arkinesia wrote:If FSU and TCU are both 12-0 at the end of the regular season, I will bet my bottom dollar there will be two SEC West teams, FSU, and TCU in the playoff.

Meanwhile, can we fucking get rid of Muschamp already? The season's over, Foley. Just pull the trigger and put Old Yeller out of his misery. Jesus.

Well, considering that TCU has a loss, I'm guessing your scenario won't happen.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:18 pm

Tiami wrote:
Torisakia wrote:First CFP rankings are out.

It's the first of a few rankings. :P
Alabama can still get in it.

Alabama still has to play Mississippi State and Auburn.

Let that sink in.

Arkinesia wrote:If FSU and TCU are both 12-0 at the end of the regular season, I will bet my bottom dollar there will be two SEC West teams, FSU, and TCU in the playoff.

Can Florida take Lane Kiffin as HC? Please?

Latest Headlines

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Torisakia wrote:Alabama still has to play Mississippi State and Auburn.

Let that sink in.

I suggest you take your own advice and let the truth of Alabama yet to play Miss State and Auburn sink in. If they beat both of those teams, they almost certainly make it in.

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:39 am

Arkinesia wrote:Meanwhile, can we fucking get rid of Muschamp already? The season's over, Foley. Just pull the trigger and put Old Yeller out of his misery. Jesus.

Torisakia wrote:Can Florida take Lane Kiffin as HC? Please?

Yes, please. Please. Oh God, please. Nothing would make me happier as a Vols fan to know Florida is doomed to suck longer than we are.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:20 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:

Let that sink in.

I suggest you take your own advice and let the truth of Alabama yet to play Miss State and Auburn sink in. If they beat both of those teams, they almost certainly make it in.

Yes and Alabama has a chance to beat them too. Not saying they will, but it will be a good game.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:

Let that sink in.

>implying Alabama has a chance to beat Mississippi State.

:rofl:

They'll be lucky if they can score 10.

Latest Headlines

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:43 pm

Louisville is now the 5th team who has choked against Florida State this season.

Latest Headlines

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Costa Aluria wrote:

>implying Alabama has a chance to beat Mississippi State.

:rofl:

They'll be lucky if they can score 10.

No matter how small a chance, Alabama has a chance. Bulldogs should roll nonetheless.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:19 pm

I have devised a theory in college football that states: If an underdog team gets a big lead over a Top 5 team, they will always lose the lead. I call it "The Alabama Theory".

EDIT: Test #1 has proven my theory true.

EDIT #2: Welp, I'm done watching this sport. Tired of seeing all these teams choke games away like it's nothing. Now makes me wish I'd never been born in the USA.
Last edited by Torisakia on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Latest Headlines

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:30 pm

Oregon wearing their stupid black jerseys against Stanford...not a good sign. Oregon always loses big games when wearing the black.

Commerce Heights
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:Oregon wearing their stupid black jerseys against Stanford...not a good sign. Oregon always loses big games when wearing the black.

Are their stupid black jerseys any more stupid than any of their other stupid jerseys?

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:38 pm

They win in their other jerseys.

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Ole Miss and Auburn....I love it. Some overrated sucker team has to lose! I wish they both could lose.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:Ole Miss and Auburn....I love it. Some overrated sucker team has to lose! I wish they both could lose.

Abolish overtime. :p

Auburn will probably win anyway. Then turn around and lose to Georgia. So, either way, they probably won't make it to the playoffs.

Well, I thought Auburn was going to win. :/
Last edited by Torisakia on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latest Headlines

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:15 pm

Welcome to playoff non-contention. Population: Ole Miss.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Unluckiest shit ever for Ole miss. Lose one of your best receivers and also fumble the game away.

Now they know how Alabama felt.

So that leaves the SEC West wide open.

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:16 pm

So... the Vols FINALLY WON. Two in a row over Spurrier. 8)

At 4-5, a bowl is certainly attainable now. Never have I been more relieved since the Dark Era started. There is hope after all.

GO VOLS

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Bythyrona wrote:So... the Vols FINALLY WON. Two in a row over Spurrier. 8)

At 4-5, a bowl is certainly attainable now. Never have I been more relieved since the Dark Era started. There is hope after all.

GO VOLS

Tennessee didn't win the game. South Carolina just found ways to lose. :p

Now they'll go and lose to Kentucky AND Missouri.

Latest Headlines

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:Welcome to playoff non-contention. Population: Ole Miss.

Not so fast, my friend. I fully expect at least one two-loss SEC West team in the playoff.

Also, holy shit, Muschamp's Strong Power offense actually worked? Fuck me running.

I don't expect this to last. But I'll ride the wave for as long as it goes. Also…

To hell with Georgia!

:twisted:
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General