NATION

PASSWORD

The 2014-15 College Football Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:12 pm

"Kenny Wheaton is gonna score!"

I remember watching this live on TV, and I can't wait to relive it on Saturday. I still get goosebumps when the announcer starts yelling this!

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby 95X » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Something surprising from my extended backyard: Utah and Oregon State tied at 16 after 4 quarters in Corvallis, Oregon (AKA the place I dare not visit only to get run out of town).

…And, Oregon State loses in Double Overtime. Typical Oregon State. Either that or that's what I get for meeting a bunch of folks from UU earlier this year and thanking them for joining the Pac-12 so the other teams in the conference look better. :palm:
Last edited by 95X on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

Bythyrona
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Horrendous call against Cal by the refs. Even worse pro-UCLA bullshit from the announcers - LOL I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'D TRY TO WIN THE GAME WITH A MINUTE LEFT, AND I DON'T KNOW WHY A COACH WHO GOT HIS JOB FROM HELPING POPULARIZE THE AIR RAID WOULD THROW IT!!!!!1!!1!!111!!!11!!!1!!!!11!!!1!!!!
Days like dominoes, all in a line

Emerge transformed in a million years, from days like these

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Shitty fucking call by the refs in the ND-FSU game. ND scores fgo ahead TD with 13 seconds left, throw fake flag so FSU wins. It's pretty obvious that they're paying these refs.

I hope those refs get Ebola.
Last edited by Torisakia on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:56 pm

The ball was in the air and contact was made. That is pass interference by rule.

I love when two top rated teams play each other. Some sucker team has to lose.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:00 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:The ball was in the air and contact was made. That is pass interference by rule.

So now I have to hear ESPN fellating the holy fuck out of Winston and FSU even more.

I think I'm done with sports for a while...

I mean, seriously, Florida State's going to win the national championship again anyway and Winston will win the Heisman again. So why should I even watch?
Last edited by Torisakia on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:20 am

Torisakia wrote:
Costa Aluria wrote:The ball was in the air and contact was made. That is pass interference by rule.

So now I have to hear ESPN fellating the holy fuck out of Winston and FSU even more.

I think I'm done with sports for a while...

I mean, seriously, Florida State's going to win the national championship again anyway and Winston will win the Heisman again. So why should I even watch?

Florida State will make the playoffs but lose in the first round to one of the three SEC West teams that makes it in.

The national title game will likely wind up a rematch between MSU and Auburn, assuming they don't play each other in the first round.

Also, fuck Will Muschamp can he please fucking leave already. Jesus christ.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:33 pm

So in spite of attending the Alabama-TAMU game yesterday, I'm not sure if Alabama is getting better or if TAMU just sucks.

I do have to give the TAMU fans that attended credit though, most of them stayed even at halftime (when Bama was up 45-0). Best thing was, whenever I saw them leave I'd do the money sign (the one Manziel did) at them or the autograph writing sign (like the one those Rice players did to Manziel last year).

And somehow Alabama's now #4, at least until they play MSU (who I already expect to blow Bama out of the water).

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:39 am

The "Keep Will Muschamp" Top 25 - Week 8

1. Mississippi State (6-0)
2. Ole Miss (7-0)
3. Florida State (7-0)
4. Auburn (5-1)
5. Alabama (6-1)
6. Oregon (6-1)
7. Michigan State (6-1)
8. Notre Dame (6-1)
9. Baylor (6-1)
10. Georgia (6-1)
11. TCU (5-1)
12. Kansas State (5-1)
13. Arizona State (5-1)
14. Nebraska (6-1)
15. Ohio State (5-1)
16. East Carolina (5-1)
17. Oklahoma (5-2)
18. USC (5-2)
19. Arizona (5-1)
20. Marshall (7-0)
21. West Virginia (5-2)
22. LSU (6-2)
23. Duke (6-1)
24. Clemson (5-2)
25. Utah (5-1)
---
IN: Utah, West Virginia
OUT: Stanford, Texas A&M
---
The Best of the Rest: #26 Minnesota, #27 Missouri, #28 Wisconsin, #29 Louisville, #30 Texas A&M, #31 Stanford, #32 Maryland, #33 UCLA, #34 Washington, #35 Virginia, #36 Kentucky, #37 Rutgers, #38 Georgia Tech, #39 Oklahoma State, #40 Colorado State

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 am

People actually think that LSU will beat Ole Miss.

lel.

Ole Miss will blow LSU out of the water. I'm willing to bet they hang 60+ on them.

Latest Headlines

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:40 pm

I wonder if the SEC is willing to swap Kentucky for La-Monroe, because Kentucky is soooo bad. Sure, they've been able to stay with the DakAttack, but that's only because MSU is fucking around too much; and because Kentucky can't tackle.

EDIT: I think it's about time Kentucky cancels its football program and focuses solely on basketball.

EDIT 2: Kentucky, please cancel your football program or fire Mark Stoops. Preferably both.

EDIT 3: So since there's no one else in MSU's schedule who can compete with them besides Ole Miss (Alabama won't even hang 10 on them), what's the possibility that they still make it to the CFP?
Last edited by Torisakia on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Latest Headlines

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Alabama's going to lose to fucking Tennessee.

God dammit, just fire Lane Kiffin already. Never let that fucker have another coaching job in his life.

Latest Headlines

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Torisakia wrote:Alabama's going to lose to fucking Tennessee.

God dammit, just fire Lane Kiffin already. Never let that fucker have another coaching job in his life.

Kiffin... he's going to keep finding jobs... but I hope he drifts down to the MAC or Mountain West as his talent doesn't seem to be much better than that.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:56 pm

If it wasn't obvious that those refs were tryingto help Ole Miss win that game, then everyone in the world must be Stevie Wonder.

Those refs should be fired.

Meanwhile, Alabama's letting Tennessee tie the game...

Latest Headlines

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Torisakia wrote:If it wasn't obvious that those refs were tryingto help Ole Miss win that game, then everyone in the world must be Stevie Wonder.

You are awfully negative, you know?

LSU won the game against Ole Miss because of their defense. LSU is 40-5 (last time I checked) in Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night. Tiger Stadium is also Death Valley, one of the hardest places to play at in the country. Props to both teams though. Great defensive effort from both sides.
Last edited by Tiami on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:40 pm

So, is Mike Bajakian fired yet? 113th-ranked offense. YEAH GO VOLS

lol ole miss

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:50 pm

Tiami wrote:
Torisakia wrote:If it wasn't obvious that those refs were tryingto help Ole Miss win that game, then everyone in the world must be Stevie Wonder.

You are awfully negative, you know?

LSU won the game against Ole Miss because of their defense. LSU is 40-5 (last time I checked) in Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night. Tiger Stadium is also Death Valley, one of the hardest places to play at in the country. Props to both teams though. Great defensive effort from both sides.

It's hard to be positive when nothing is going positive. I'm what people call a defeatist. I accept or expect failure.

Latest Headlines

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Bythyrona wrote:So, is Mike Bajakian fired yet? 113th-ranked offense. YEAH GO VOLS

lol ole miss

It wasn't that Tennessee was playing bad, it was that Alabama was finding ways to lose.

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:05 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Bythyrona wrote:So, is Mike Bajakian fired yet? 113th-ranked offense. YEAH GO VOLS

lol ole miss

It wasn't that Tennessee was playing bad, it was that Alabama was finding ways to lose.

No, Tennessee does not have an offense. Mike Bajakian should not have a job, along with Don Mahoney, our offensive line coach. The offense should not have DECLINED with four- and five-star recruits on that side of the field.

Vanale
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanale » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:16 pm

Joey Bosa is the best thing to happen to Ohio State since Braxton Miller's unbroken shoulder.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:44 pm

Bythyrona wrote:
Torisakia wrote:It wasn't that Tennessee was playing bad, it was that Alabama was finding ways to lose.

No, Tennessee does not have an offense. Mike Bajakian should not have a job, along with Don Mahoney, our offensive line coach. The offense should not have DECLINED with four- and five-star recruits on that side of the field.

If it makes you feel any better, Lane Kiffin's doing a piss-poor job at Alabama as well.

Does Tennessee mind taking him back?

Latest Headlines

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:59 am

Torisakia wrote:
Bythyrona wrote:No, Tennessee does not have an offense. Mike Bajakian should not have a job, along with Don Mahoney, our offensive line coach. The offense should not have DECLINED with four- and five-star recruits on that side of the field.

If it makes you feel any better, Lane Kiffin's doing a piss-poor job at Alabama as well.

So 'Bama's offense is doing a piss poor job? Last time I checked, the offense is doing a pretty good job. Big reason 'Bama is 7-1.
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:34 am

Tiami wrote:
Torisakia wrote:If it makes you feel any better, Lane Kiffin's doing a piss-poor job at Alabama as well.

So 'Bama's offense is doing a piss poor job? Last time I checked, the offense is doing a pretty good job. Big reason 'Bama is 7-1.

Honestly, I'd rather have Kiffin than Bajakian at this point, and I despise that Cali asshole.

Scored 17 at Ole Miss and 14 at Arkansas. Almost everyone on the offensive side of the ball is a five-star recruit, so I'm almost certain that Kiffin has nothing to do with it. How's Nussmeier doing at Michigan, again?
Last edited by Bythyrona on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:07 am

Bythyrona wrote:
Tiami wrote:So 'Bama's offense is doing a piss poor job? Last time I checked, the offense is doing a pretty good job. Big reason 'Bama is 7-1.

Honestly, I'd rather have Kiffin than Bajakian at this point, and I despise that Cali asshole.

Scored 17 at Ole Miss and 14 at Arkansas. Almost everyone on the offensive side of the ball is a five-star recruit, so I'm almost certain that Kiffin has nothing to do with it. How's Nussmeier doing at Michigan, again?

Teams go through rough patches. Two games do not make or break an OC.

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:44 am

Tiami wrote:
Bythyrona wrote:Honestly, I'd rather have Kiffin than Bajakian at this point, and I despise that Cali asshole.

Teams go through rough patches. Two games do not make or break an OC.

That's with Amari Cooper and the deepest backfield in America. It's an embarassment to Alabama.

Lane Kiffin's style is far too boom-or-bust for him to be a long-term coordinator anywhere. He's the Dennis Erickson of offensive coordinating. He looks really good for 70% of the season, but Lane Kiffin will ALWAYS have three terribly coordinated games per season - the teams he's been with win them because all of them have had strong defenses.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General