NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic State Crisis Megathread (ISIS/ISIL/IS)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:34 am

New Skaaneland wrote:Isn't everything banned these days?

No, as a matter of fact, it's not.
Economic Center-Left, Social Libertarian. Basically an ebul establishment neoliberal.
The political compass is no longer objective, so I've removed it from my sig. TG me for my specific positions.
"Bullshit is everywhere. There is very little that you will encounter in life that has not been, in some ways, infused with bullshit." ~ Jon Stewart

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open. ~ Unknown

These quotes sum up how I feel about the political climate in America. Let's try to keep the debate healthy, open, and honest

New Skaaneland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Skaaneland » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:52 am

-
Last edited by New Skaaneland on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Undo the Taylor report!
Club over group. Club over country. Club over race. Club over sex. Club over God.

OOOOO HELSINGBORGS IF OOOOO

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:01 am

New Skaaneland wrote:"Call an admin."

ok?
Post-Sarcastic Gnostic Anarcho-Fascist
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
-Vladimir Lenin was married to Reagan's wife. Make of that what you will.
come on and slam
Only results! This world only remembers the results!

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:34 am

New Skaaneland wrote:"Call an admin."

What?
Economic Center-Left, Social Libertarian. Basically an ebul establishment neoliberal.
The political compass is no longer objective, so I've removed it from my sig. TG me for my specific positions.
"Bullshit is everywhere. There is very little that you will encounter in life that has not been, in some ways, infused with bullshit." ~ Jon Stewart

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open. ~ Unknown

These quotes sum up how I feel about the political climate in America. Let's try to keep the debate healthy, open, and honest

Atlantica
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantica » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:00 am

Blakk Metal wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Liveleak doesn't ban that sort of thing, plus they probably put it up on YouTube and it'll be up for at least a bit.

Liveleak explicitly bans IS videos.
Atlantica wrote:I thought there were ISIS vids on YouTube as well... like here, for instance.

Gory crap is banned on YouTube.

Gory crap is banned? Never mind then.
Proudly a Member of the International Northwestern Union

MT, PMT: The Greater Eastern Union of Zhenia
FT: The Continuum of Atlantica

zeusdefense.com
kronosinc.com

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:31 am

One of the missing British girls who joined IS Tweeted a picture of her Syrian meal.

Their Twitter accounts: https://twitter.com/BinttAbbas and https://twitter.com/um_ayoub12.

It's only a matter of time before they'll be blocked by Twitter, but for now you can gain a tiny insight into their lives.
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:37 am

West Aurelia wrote:One of the missing British girls who joined IS Tweeted a picture of her Syrian meal.

Their Twitter accounts: https://twitter.com/BinttAbbas and https://twitter.com/um_ayoub12.

It's only a matter of time before they'll be blocked by Twitter, but for now you can gain a tiny insight into their lives.

Where the hell are they getting take out, I mean seriously?

It's a freaking failed state...
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

New Skaaneland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Skaaneland » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:42 am

I like how very loving the comments are. :p
Undo the Taylor report!
Club over group. Club over country. Club over race. Club over sex. Club over God.

OOOOO HELSINGBORGS IF OOOOO

The Greater Aryan Race
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Aryan Race » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:42 am

Organized States wrote:
West Aurelia wrote:One of the missing British girls who joined IS Tweeted a picture of her Syrian meal.

Must be ISIS's new fast food delivery chain McDawlah.
Imperium Sidhicum wrote:So, uh... Is this another one of those threads where everyone is supposed to feel outraged and circle-jerk in agreement of how injust and terrible the described incident is?

Because if it is, I'm probably going to say something mean and contrary just to contradict the majority.

This nation is now IC-ly known as the Teutonic Reich.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:47 am

Organized States wrote:

IS provides basic services and these girls joined IS so I'm pretty sure they would be fed.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:57 am

Blakk Metal wrote:Gory crap is banned on YouTube.

I saw a vid of the Ukraine conflict on Youtube where a man had a hole blown through his head. I think some things slip through.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:00 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:Gory crap is banned on YouTube.

I saw a vid of the Ukraine conflict on Youtube where a man had a hole blown through his head. I think some things slip through.

A lot of it relies on reports by users.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Gyllenemark
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gyllenemark » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:52 am

http://www.dhakatribune.com/evening-bri ... ning-brief
Radio Iran: IS chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi dies

The chief of Islamic State Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has died.

Zee News reported on Monday following a tweet by the All India Radio (AIR) that said Baghdadi's death claim has been made by Radio Iran.

Oyus
- Grand Duke Asjorn Haavenlund I of Gyllenmark.
Allahu Ackbar!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:28 am

Gyllenemark wrote:http://www.dhakatribune.com/evening-brief/2015/apr/27/evening-brief

Zee News reported on Monday following a tweet by the All India Radio (AIR) that said Baghdadi's death claim has been made by Radio Iran.

Oyus

Assuming this is legit, would the mods consider it gloating if people started celebrating? Because I see that happening any moment now.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:34 am

Ganos Lao wrote:
Gyllenemark wrote:http://www.dhakatribune.com/evening-brief/2015/apr/27/evening-brief

Oyus

Assuming this is legit, would the mods consider it gloating if people started celebrating? Because I see that happening any moment now.

It's not legit, most sources say he has a paralyzing spinal injury
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
come on and slam

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:36 am

Cabana wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

I saw that a moment ago.

So many hopes of NSGeneralites dashed. :lol:

I also Youtubed it, and found that most claims of his death dated from five months ago.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:38 pm

Cabana wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

I have exactly zero sympathy.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

Lleu llaw Gyffes
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lleu llaw Gyffes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:00 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
Cabana wrote:It's not legit, most sources say he has a paralyzing spinal injury

I have exactly zero sympathy.

Glory Hallelujah!

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:51 pm

She's not British.

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:

She's not British.

Well she was born in Britain so as long as she doesn't have her citizenship revoked she's British.
come on and slam

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:20 am

Last edited by West Aurelia on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:59 pm

My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:25 pm

New Jordslag wrote:

This is one of the few times when I approve of Saudi Arabia's actions.

Yet, ironically, they're quite similar to ISIS. I mean, sure, they don't behead innocent people. They just let them burn to death because they weren't wearing their hijabs when they were fleeing a burning building.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:20 am

Ganos Lao wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:This is one of the few times when I approve of Saudi Arabia's actions.

Yet, ironically, they're quite similar to ISIS. I mean, sure, they don't behead innocent people. They just let them burn to death because they weren't wearing their hijabs when they were fleeing a burning building.

Sadly true.

But still, better that Saudi Arabia spends it's resources fighting ISIS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:16 am

Ganos Lao wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:This is one of the few times when I approve of Saudi Arabia's actions.

I think Saudi Arabias beheaded innocents before.
come on and slam

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General