NATION

PASSWORD

Surge 2014: A debate on Illegal Immigration and US Policies.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:07 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:
I think that Bill Gates being a businessman and a philantropist has more credibility than people who think indentured servitude and institutionalized racism is the way to go for the U.S. quite frankly.

Bill Gates has white guilt. Look at his racist scholarship program that helps any deserving poor student EXCEPT poor white students. His scholarship is clearly racist but he is not branded racist because being anti-white=tolerance in the eyes of the liberal media.

https://scholarships.gmsp.org/Program/D ... 11d7d89cb7

Who’s Eligible?

Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:

- Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American** or Hispanic American

God, you're desperate. Who cares if a private citizen wants to build a scholarship for particular races? Are you going to tell me the Negro Scholarship Fund is racist because it only gives out scholarship money to students of African descent?
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:Bill Gates has white guilt. Look at his racist scholarship program that helps any deserving poor student EXCEPT poor white students. His scholarship is clearly racist but he is not branded racist because being anti-white=tolerance in the eyes of the liberal media.

Who’s Eligible?

Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:

- Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American** or Hispanic American

God, you're desperate. Who cares if a private citizen wants to build a scholarship for particular races? Are you going to tell me the Negro Scholarship Fund is racist because it only gives out scholarship money to students of African descent?

Yes, the Negro Scholarship Fund is racist.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:Bill Gates has white guilt. Look at his racist scholarship program that helps any deserving poor student EXCEPT poor white students. His scholarship is clearly racist but he is not branded racist because being anti-white=tolerance in the eyes of the liberal media.

Who’s Eligible?

"God, you're desperate. Who cares if a private citizen wants to build a scholarship for particular races? Are you going to tell me the diners of Alabama are racist because they only give service to people of White descent?"

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:
I respect him because he knows about money and where the money trails are, you don't.

Bill Gates is a moron.

And yet he has a lot of money.

You don't get a lot of money by being a moron at business and economics.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:11 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:Bill Gates is a moron.

I can provide proof.

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:11 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:God, you're desperate. Who cares if a private citizen wants to build a scholarship for particular races? Are you going to tell me the Negro Scholarship Fund is racist because it only gives out scholarship money to students of African descent?

"God, you're desperate. Who cares if a private citizen wants to build a scholarship for particular races? Are you going to tell me the diners of Alabama are racist because they only give service to people of White descent?"

There is considered to be a difference between engaging in commerce (i.e. purchasing a meal at a diner) and being qualified for a charitable service.

Otherwise, we'd force charities to open themselves and let rich people eat even though they can afford their own food.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:11 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:Bill Gates is a moron.

Well, you technically could by hiring economic and business experts to do the work for you, and then take the majority of the profit and pay the experts minimal amount.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Wind in the Willows wrote:

Well, you technically could by hiring economic and business experts to do the work for you, and then take the majority of the profit and pay the experts minimal amount.

Which is still smart business. If you don't know how to do it then let someone else do it for you.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:

I can provide proof.

Ponzi schemes and embezzlement? I am not sure that counts within the frame of Bill Gates, especially given you are probably using his product which is Windows.

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Which is still smart business. If you don't know how to do it then let someone else do it for you.

It's not really that smart, it's basic common sense.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Something many people lack.

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:18 pm

Something many people lack.

That's true.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:18 pm

Also how the fuck did we threadjack this from immigration into racism in college scholarships and Bill Gates?
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:20 pm

But anyway back on topic to Immigration, I think it is a disgrace that the US has not grown a pair of balls and enforced controls of the border more strictly. Hopefully they harden up and actually protect their country.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Also how the fuck did we threadjack this from immigration into racism in college scholarships and Bill Gates?

It always happens on NSG.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:50 pm

Sorta related questions to ponder

1.) Do you think that the next POTUS will help or hurt immigration related reform?

2.) Who is better off to fix the problem of immigration and related problems Democrats, Republicans?

3.) Who do you think would be get down right now kinda guy*.

*- this also means females to.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Nationes Pii Redivivi
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationes Pii Redivivi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:16 pm

I think we should build a moat around our border with Canada, and fill it with ravenous red necks to prevent those Frogs from illegally entering our nation!

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:2.) Who is better off to fix the problem of immigration and related problems Democrats, Republicans?

I think libertarian Republicans are the best to fix the issue. Democrats, I can't really trust because they are too entwined in the homeland security complex.

Nationes Pii Redivivi
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationes Pii Redivivi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:2.) Who is better off to fix the problem of immigration and related problems Democrats, Republicans?

I think libertarian Republicans are the best to fix the issue. Democrats, I can't really trust because they are too entwined in the homeland security complex.

They all are, including your Libertarian Republicans.

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:19 am

Threayce wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:
I said he can do what he wants but he is racist and doesn't deserve respect that people, including you, give him. You said I am racist but you don't think he is. Why don't you think he is racist when he excludes one race from his scholarship?

This is like complaining that the Humane Society is discriminatory for only helping animals, or the Cancer Society of America is discriminatory for only working to treat cancer.

Bill Gates is a human so why not treat all humans equally? He wants to help deserving poor so long as they're not white. There are poor white countries by the way, Georgia and Armenia are in Europe but their income levels are well below France and Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... per_capita

Georgia #119, Armenia #118, Ukraine #107

Taiwan #16, Malaysia #59, Panama #61, Mexico #66

Bill Gates is ignorant in thinking all whites are wealthy versus other races. Even on national scales, this is not always true.
Last edited by Freiheit Reich on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:22 am

Kelinfort wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:
Based on your argument about white people's poor fertility rates, I thought you wanted to import immigrants to increase fertility rates and populations. This is a common pro-immigrant stance. I thought you were concerned about Germany's demographics (falling population and increasing age rates).

Also: I don't know why an older population is bad. 50 is the new 40. People are living longer so of course the average age should be expected to go up.

Older population=more people needed to support the elderly.

Unless, you want to abolish retirement.

Retirement has always been legal. We can cut and/or delay pensions. The elderly should take care of themselves without depending on the govt. A 70 year old today is not the same as a 70 year old in 1940. Also, charities can help.
Your political compass

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:27 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
I said he can do what he wants but he is racist and doesn't deserve respect that people, including you, give him. You said I am racist but you don't think he is. Why don't you think he is racist when he excludes one race from his scholarship?

Nobody in today's generation should have 'white guilt'. Literally nobody alive today is a victim of slavery or a perpetrator, and anyone who is a descendant of a slave owner shouldn't feel any guilt.

A lot of college liberals who don't know much about anything seem to think it is alright to discriminate against their own race for stuff that whites did about two hundred years ago.

Blacks should not be entitled to more than whites, and whites should not be entitled to more than blacks. If we truly lived in a time of equality, everyone would be treated the same. But we dont.

Plus, many immigrants came after 1865 so even their great-great grandparents were not slave owners. My family in the 19th century lived in a mostly white area in the northeast and probably had few encounters with blacks so even if they were racist against blacks, they likely had no chance to mistreat them.

It is funny, I thought MLK dreamed of equality but liberals think we need to be racist. Racist against whites is still being racist and not justified. It only divides society.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quot ... 15056.html

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Your political compass

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:29 am

Arkinesia wrote:

Who’s Eligible?

Yes, it is. Another racial divider the USA doesn't need.
Your political compass

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:35 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:Older population=more people needed to support the elderly.

Unless, you want to abolish retirement.

Retirement has always been legal. We can cut and/or delay pensions. The elderly should take care of themselves without depending on the govt. A 70 year old today is not the same as a 70 year old in 1940. Also, charities can help.

Ayn Rand, is that you?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:46 am

Anyone who breaks US border law in entering the US should be tracked down, arrested, and deported.

I think America should invest in more border security and law enforcement if its finding itself with a border enforcement problem. People should not be allowed to get away with breaking American laws...

Socialist Xlyvania
Secretary

Founded: Aug 08, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Socialist Xlyvania » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:02 am

Personally, I find the situation extremely frustrating. I would not want my tax dollars to be spent on diapers and housing for the undocumented. The entire protocol of processing them and requiring the undocumented to appear at "immigration court" is outrageous. They are obviously guilty of unlawfully trespassing into another country and a court hearing is absolutely unnecessary. They need to be deported immediately without processing of any kind because they are too much of a drain on resources.

Stories like this greatly upset me because my parents lawfully immigrated to the United States from the Philippines and gave birth to me here. My parents earned their citizenship by working and waiting in line like other hard working families. To see these undocumented people who come and then protest for citizenship because they think they are entitled to it.

There should be absolutely no special laws to give any undocumented people any benefits of any kind because that would be a smack to the face to the people who waited years to earn their citizenship.
  • National Capital and Seat of Government: Chaltier
  • City of the Seat of The Crown: Exelica Pavilion
  • Government: Authoritarian Monarchy
  • Economic system: Mixed economy (w/ emphasis on State Capitalism)
  • Head of State: Emperor Jixam
  • Ruling political party: Sovereignist Party
  • Official language: English
  • Population: 11.5 Billion

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General