NATION

PASSWORD

Georgia's "Guns Everywhere Bill"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Edlichbury wrote:Yeah, those 30000 deaths a year a just minor details! Clearly people who have actually tried to combat institutionalised racism a secretly scared of black people, and not trying to end one of the greatest epidemics in America. It'd be silly to think we'd do something about 30000 deaths a year, when have we ever enacted policies simply because a lot of people died?

The answer to reducing crime is combating poverty, not taking away people's rights.

And Combating insanity.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Bambifan101
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bambifan101 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Edlichbury wrote:Yeah, those 30000 deaths a year a just minor details! Clearly people who have actually tried to combat institutionalised racism a secretly scared of black people, and not trying to end one of the greatest epidemics in America. It'd be silly to think we'd do something about 30000 deaths a year, when have we ever enacted policies simply because a lot of people died?

The answer to reducing crime is combating poverty, not taking away people's rights.

That too.
NS's resident mad man

I be dropping fascist truths on dem liberal masses.

Prepare for your daily dose of insanity.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Roski wrote:
Edlichbury wrote:Fucking source that. I highly doubt 20% of Americans are in a militia.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/05/southern-poverty-law-center-militias-gun-control/1964411/

And trust me, there are lots of people in these militias.

Your source doesn't Support your claim. Try again.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

Your source doesn't Support your claim. Try again.

It does, you can't read between the lines. Try again.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Wednesday's signing came at an open-air picnic area along a creek in Ellijay, in northern Georgia. It opened with a prayer, the singing of the national anthem and a recital of the Pledge of Allegiance.

I guess stereotypes exist for a reason.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

The Fascist American Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Blazedtown wrote:

Never thought I'd agree with YOU. :shock: :eek:

I'm going off-line to rethink my life. Anybody want tacos when I get back?

Americans, hands off Ukraine and let Russia do what they will in their own sphere of influence! You are not the world's police!
You obviously do since you posted a response like the shifty little red velvet pseudo ant you are. Yes I am onto your little tricks you hissing pest you exoskeleton brier patch you. Now crawl back in to that patch of grass you call hell and hiss some more. -Benuty
[quote="Arkandros";p="20014230"]

RIP Eli Waller
Race! It is a feeling, not a reality: ninety-five percent, at least, is a feeling. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today. -Benito Mussolini

Tule
Senator

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Roski wrote:
Tule wrote:
Right.

That being said, I don't think this new law will have a major impact on gun violence in Georgia, positive or negative.

But this isn't Austria, where they could feasibly stop all guns from entering the country.

The United States cannot, so in order to survive, we must do the opposite.

Are you fucking kidding me? Austria is a party to the Schengen Agreement, which means that it has practically no border control whatsoever.

The gun control legislation put into effect in Austria in 1997 intentionally reduced the number of law-abiding, licensed gun owners. Not career criminals.
More guns = more violent deaths, that is simply the way it is.

But that doesn't necessarily justify all gun control automatically. Alcohol and tobacco kill people to a far greater extent than firearms do, yet they are legal because most people don't think its fair to punish lots of innocent people for the crimes of a few rotten apples.
Formerly known as Bafuria.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Roski wrote:
Edlichbury wrote:There is nothing in that article that mentions twenty percent of Americans being in militia. Stop lying, then I might trust you.

So, on average, how many people are in these militias? 2? 4? Try 500.
So, lets see, almost two thousand militias, about 500 members each...

So about a million people, or less than a third of a percent of the population. Now, I can't say I know that much about your fancy mathematics, but one third sounds like a fair bit less than 20.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Arkiasis wrote:
Wednesday's signing came at an open-air picnic area along a creek in Ellijay, in northern Georgia. It opened with a prayer, the singing of the national anthem and a recital of the Pledge of Allegiance.

That prayer part made me hiss, weird since I generally don't give a flying fuck.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Bambifan101
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bambifan101 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 pm

How about we also crack down on the gang problem?
NS's resident mad man

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Bambifan101 wrote:How about we also crack down on the gang problem?

Or gang up on the crack problem.
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

Bambifan101
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bambifan101 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:42 pm

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:
Arkiasis wrote:

That prayer part made me hiss, weird since I generally don't give a flying fuck.

Dude I'd recommend that we not pour any more fuel on this fire.
NS's resident mad man

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 pm

The Fascist American Empire wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

Never thought I'd agree with YOU. :shock: :eek:

I do have my rational moments.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Bambifan101
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bambifan101 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:44 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
The Fascist American Empire wrote:Never thought I'd agree with YOU. :shock: :eek:

I do have my rational moments.

Finally someone else who sees the bigger picture.
NS's resident mad man

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Bambifan101 wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:That prayer part made me hiss, weird since I generally don't give a flying fuck.

Dude I'd recommend that we not pour any more fuel on this fire.

What fire :\
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:49 pm

The Fascist American Empire wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Freedom of speech was never eliminated and there was never a revolt Because of the Eighteenth Amendment. Care to try again?

Oh I'm sorry, have you not heard of:
The American Revolution or,
the recent NATO-led coup in Libya or,
The Collapse of the Soviet Union?

Other examples, but I can't think of them right off the bat.

Have any examples from the US? Because, you know, that's what we're talking about.
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Nopity nope nope.
Last edited by Roski on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Roski wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:So about a million people, or less than a third of a percent of the population. Now, I can't say I know that much about your fancy mathematics, but one third sounds like a fair bit less than 20.

One third is 33.333%

Please learn math.

He said less than a third of a percent.

I don't think the one who has a problem with math is Wis.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Roski wrote:
One third is 33.333%

Please learn math.

He said less than a third of a percent.

I don't think the one who has a problem with math is Wis.

Didn't see the percent until after the post.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Roski wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:So about a million people, or less than a third of a percent of the population. Now, I can't say I know that much about your fancy mathematics, but one third sounds like a fair bit less than 20.

One third is 33.333%

Please learn math.

... yeah, that was bad wording on my part. But, dude, unless I misread something, you said that 2000 militias with 500 members each is 20% of the American population. You have absolutely no business telling me that my math needs to improve.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Roski wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Your source doesn't Support your claim. Try again.

It does, you can't read between the lines. Try again.

Quit lying.
Married to Koshka

Bambifan101
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bambifan101 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Roski wrote:It does, you can't read between the lines. Try again.

Quit lying.

How about you two quit arguing about fringe groups?
NS's resident mad man

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Bambifan101 wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Quit lying.

You DO know that you don't have to read these posts, right? Nor do you have to post. The fact that you believe this thread to be worthless while STILL posting in it is baffling. And it's honestly not contributing anything. At all.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Bambifan101
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bambifan101 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Bambifan101 wrote:

You DO know that you don't have to read these posts, right? Nor do you have to post. The fact that you believe this thread to be worthless while STILL posting in it is baffling. And it's honestly not contributing anything. At all.

I don't believe the thread itself to be worthless and I find it quite hilarious actually. For example right now I am laughing at ***** and ******* for completely skewing their arguments by using biased sites.
Last edited by Bambifan101 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS's resident mad man

The Re-Frisivisiaing
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Re-Frisivisiaing » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:03 pm

Arm the children. Arm the homeless. Arm the guns.
Yes, yes, I'm the Impeach, Ban, Legalize 2017 guy. Stop running my thing into the ground. It eats my life-force.

Frisivisia, justly deleted, 4/14/14.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General