NATION

PASSWORD

Georgia's "Guns Everywhere Bill"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bambifan101
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bambifan101 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:25 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Aravea wrote:
To most American Liberals Gun nuts a gun ban is the only form of gun control.

Ftfy

A good number of people would disagree with that statement. Anyways don't you guys have anything better to do than debate about something that will never change? Because right now all I am seeing is a bunch of liberal loonies and Right wing nutjobs beating the **** out of each other.
Last edited by Bambifan101 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NS's resident mad man

I be dropping fascist truths on dem liberal masses.

Prepare for your daily dose of insanity.

The Fascist American Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Roski wrote:
Yes, and how they got unbanned when the population revolted, and violent crime surged.

Exactly how.

Freedom of speech was never eliminated and there was never a revolt Because of the Eighteenth Amendment. Care to try again?

Oh I'm sorry, have you not heard of:
The American Revolution or,
the recent NATO-led coup in Libya or,
The Collapse of the Soviet Union?

Other examples, but I can't think of them right off the bat.

Americans, hands off Ukraine and let Russia do what they will in their own sphere of influence! You are not the world's police!
You obviously do since you posted a response like the shifty little red velvet pseudo ant you are. Yes I am onto your little tricks you hissing pest you exoskeleton brier patch you. Now crawl back in to that patch of grass you call hell and hiss some more. -Benuty
[quote="Arkandros";p="20014230"]

RIP Eli Waller
Race! It is a feeling, not a reality: ninety-five percent, at least, is a feeling. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today. -Benito Mussolini

Edlichbury
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Roski wrote:
Edlichbury wrote:Fucking source that. I highly doubt 20% of Americans are in a militia.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/05/southern-poverty-law-center-militias-gun-control/1964411/

And trust me, there are lots of people in these militias.

There is nothing in that article that mentions twenty percent of Americans being in militia. Stop lying, then I might trust you.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Edlichbury wrote:
Roski wrote:
1. It is owned by the government. Not controlled. That is not synonymous.
2. If you want to get on a plane, to Germany, at any given time, as long as you have money, you can get on it.

1. Yes, I'm certain THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE UNITED STATES has no control over the military ever.
2. Really? Like, have you been to an airport recently? Please, try to walk through security and state you can get on any plane you want, any time you want, without any interference.

1: :palm: No, they are not synonymous. The Military is allowed to own whatever it wants. Would you take a rubber ducky from a Marine?
2: Air travel is not regulated. What you can bring on a plane is restricted. And all the stuff that was minorly controlled to get on planes, is, guess what, BANNED
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Roski wrote:
Edlichbury wrote:1. Yes, I'm certain THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE UNITED STATES has no control over the military ever.
2. Really? Like, have you been to an airport recently? Please, try to walk through security and state you can get on any plane you want, any time you want, without any interference.

1: :palm: No, they are not synonymous. The Military is allowed to own whatever it wants. Would you take a rubber ducky from a Marine?
2: Air travel is not regulated. What you can bring on a plane is restricted. And all the stuff that was minorly controlled to get on planes, is, guess what, BANNED

You cannot just fly low over a base willy nilly and not get shot down.
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Edlichbury wrote:

There is nothing in that article that mentions twenty percent of Americans being in militia. Stop lying, then I might trust you.

So, on average, how many people are in these militias? 2? 4? Try 500.
So, lets see, almost two thousand militias, about 500 members each...
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Edlichbury wrote:
Roski wrote:
1. It is owned by the government. Not controlled. That is not synonymous.
2. If you want to get on a plane, to Germany, at any given time, as long as you have money, you can get on it.

1. Yes, I'm certain THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE UNITED STATES has no control over the military ever.

1. Never heard of the Pentagon have you? It's only one of the biggest buildings in the world.
2. That isn't a restriction of freedom. That's border-line paranoia that's been in just about every American since 9/11/01.

Americans, hands off Ukraine and let Russia do what they will in their own sphere of influence! You are not the world's police!
You obviously do since you posted a response like the shifty little red velvet pseudo ant you are. Yes I am onto your little tricks you hissing pest you exoskeleton brier patch you. Now crawl back in to that patch of grass you call hell and hiss some more. -Benuty

RIP Eli Waller
Race! It is a feeling, not a reality: ninety-five percent, at least, is a feeling. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today. -Benito Mussolini

Edlichbury
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:28 pm

The Fascist American Empire wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Freedom of speech was never eliminated and there was never a revolt Because of the Eighteenth Amendment. Care to try again?

Oh I'm sorry, have you not heard of:

None of those dealt with the American Eighteenth Amendment, two of them barely involve America and aren't actually American uprisings by any definition. Please find an example of American Freedom of Speech being abolished and revolts over the Eighteenth Amendment.

Bambifan101
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bambifan101 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:29 pm

You guys want to know why we can't settle this debate?
NS's resident mad man

Edlichbury
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Roski wrote:
Edlichbury wrote:1. Yes, I'm certain THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE UNITED STATES has no control over the military ever.

1. The Military can own only what is given by Congressional legislation, that's called the power of the purse. That's also ignoring that the military's official leader is the fucking President.
2. No-fly lists are a thing, and protected airspace is a thing. Try again.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Aravea wrote:
To most American Liberals a gun ban is the only form of gun control.

Now, I don't support gun control, but I don't think things like fully automatics should be allowed on the market, they have a point there. People have no reason to buy one (unless they're in the mafia or something). But a decent handgun, a shotgun, or maybe a semi-automatic, yeah, we need those to defend our families. The FBI reports that a house is broken into every thirty seconds, and I don't know about you, but I'd rather not take the risk.

The underlined shows that you do, in fact, support gun control.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Edlichbury wrote:
The Fascist American Empire wrote:Oh I'm sorry, have you not heard of:

None of those dealt with the American Eighteenth Amendment, two of them barely involve America and aren't actually American uprisings by any definition. Please find an example of American Freedom of Speech being abolished and revolts over the Eighteenth Amendment.

I thought we were talking about speech in general? Or are you just changing the subject ever so slightly?
Last edited by The Fascist American Empire on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Eli Waller

Edlichbury
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 pm

1. Never heard of the Pentagon have you? It's only one of the biggest buildings in the world.
2. That isn't a restriction of freedom. That's border-line paranoia that's been in just about every American since 9/11/01.

1. Relevance?
2. Restricted airspace has been a policy long before 9/11.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 pm

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Roski wrote:

You cannot just fly low over a base willy nilly and not get shot down.

Please tell me one airline that travels over a base, at lower than 10k altitude.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Edlichbury wrote:

1. Relevance?
2. Restricted airspace has been a policy long before 9/11.

1. The President once controlled the military, now he has little relevance. He can declare wars, with Congressional approval, and that's about it.
2. Source?

RIP Eli Waller

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:32 pm

How is being restricted from the freedom to go anywhere in an airport not a literal restriction on freedom?

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

Edlichbury
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Edlichbury wrote:None of those dealt with the American Eighteenth Amendment, two of them barely involve America and aren't actually American uprisings by any definition. Please find an example of American Freedom of Speech being abolished and revolts over the Eighteenth Amendment.

I thought we were talking about speech in general? Or are you just changing the subject ever so slightly?

Roski's initial comment was that regulation in America always leads to a ban. Ergo, the subject is whether the Freedom of Speech has ever been banned given that we've restricted it.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Roski wrote:
Edlichbury wrote:You realise that there's over 80% support for most gun control but nowhere near that for gun bans in their entirety?
Like seriously, if you want to use a slippery slope how about you use a slope and not a fucking cliff.

You realize that militias make up more than 20% of the country, right?

[citation needed
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Roski wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:You cannot just fly low over a base willy nilly and not get shot down.

Please tell me one airline that travels over a base, at lower than 10k altitude.

One that's been hijacked by terrorists, probably. Or the pilot's asleep.

RIP Eli Waller

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Roski wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:You cannot just fly low over a base willy nilly and not get shot down.

Point is, they couldn't if they wanted to, obviously.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Edlichbury wrote:
Roski wrote:

1. The Military can own only what is given by Congressional legislation, that's called the power of the purse. That's also ignoring that the military's official leader is the fucking President.
2. No-fly lists are a thing, and protected airspace is a thing. Try again.

1: That is irrelevant to the military itself having regulations. Try again
2: That is irrelevant to getting on a commercial jet and letting the pilot take you somewhere. Try again.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Edlichbury wrote:
The Fascist American Empire wrote:I thought we were talking about speech in general? Or are you just changing the subject ever so slightly?

Roski's initial comment was that regulation in America always leads to a ban. Ergo, the subject is whether the Freedom of Speech has ever been banned given that we've restricted it.

It isn't restricted, on the federal level anyway. Have you never heard of Westborough Baptist Church? If free speech was regulated, you can bet they'd be locked up in a heartbeat… Ok now I agree it's time to end free speech.

RIP Eli Waller

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:34 pm

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Roski wrote:

Point is, they couldn't if they wanted to, obviously.

They could.
Just wouldn't be intelligent.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Edlichbury wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:
I generally assume the motivations for supporting gun control fall into a few categories, being scared of armed minorities, hoplophobia, and just general tyranny.

Yeah, those 30000 deaths a year a just minor details! Clearly people who have actually tried to combat institutionalised racism a secretly scared of black people, and not trying to end one of the greatest epidemics in America. It'd be silly to think we'd do something about 30000 deaths a year, when have we ever enacted policies simply because a lot of people died?

The answer to reducing crime is combating poverty, not taking away people's rights.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Bambifan101
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bambifan101 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Edlichbury wrote:
The Fascist American Empire wrote:I thought we were talking about speech in general? Or are you just changing the subject ever so slightly?

Roski's initial comment was that most gun control measures don't work because they are seen as the prelude to a gun ban. This leads to paranoia on the right that "our guns are being taken asway by the feds" which in turn leads to a spike in gun sales. Thus the solution isn't just gun restrictions but also increased awareness and gun safety education.
NS's resident mad man

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General