NATION

PASSWORD

I have the right to use government land (now with slavery!)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who's right in this whole debacle

The BLM "Bureau of Land Manegment" i.e. the government
66%
The Nevada Rancher
18%
Half & Half
7%
Neither
9%

Total votes : 398

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Isn't that land usage fee effectively a flow of revenue into the government?

So? I don't think you understand what either the BLM or the IRS does.

Well in fairness after the Chief J Roberts' SCOTUS ruling on Obamacare how is anyone supposed to be able to no the difference between a fee and a tax? :lol:

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Llamalandia wrote:
Sociobiology wrote: actually if you keep reading, he was tazed for attacking a police dog. He is lucky he was not shot.
they are two different events that happened on two different days.

august 6th arrested for failing to disperse
august 9th tazed for assaulting a police officer (canine)

Yeah, that's my bad on the dog kicking/tasering thing. He shouldna dun that. But still I maintain the arrest for failure to disperse is pure and unmitigated bullshit. I mean, there's plenty of State route it's not like his presence was an actual impediment to anyone doing their job. If some individgual protesters are somehow crossing the line in to criminal activity (like threatening to kill LEO's or something then fine arrest) but don't disperse a largely peaceful (if somewhat raucous) protest. I mean, if they were actually rioting and like turning over cop cars sure that's no longer a protest but a riot, but as far as I've seen Bundy et al weren't doing enough to warrant their forced "dispersal".

The presence of Bundy and his followers was an impediment to those who were attempting to get the cattle off of federal land.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Llamalandia wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:So? I don't think you understand what either the BLM or the IRS does.

Well in fairness after the Chief J Roberts' SCOTUS ruling on Obamacare how is anyone supposed to be able to no the difference between a fee and a tax? :lol:

The land usage fee is a fee for services received, the ACA penalty is a fine. Fee =/= fine.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

The Horror Channel
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 27, 2006
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Horror Channel » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:13 pm

I wonder if this Bundy fuckwit has ever received any gov't subsidies.

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:13 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Llamalandia wrote:
Well there's plenty of other sources and besides this I don't think the BLM did much to try and actually enforce the zones as I'm guessing most people made it pretty clear that in America you can generally protest and assembly peacably on most public property (certain supreme court rulings on the constitutionality of the zones notwithstanding). Also in fairness to the BLM they did take them down after the first two days if I'm not mistaken but still what kinda of moron puts up free speech zones in the first place? :eyebrow:

The kind that is worried about the protests becoming less than peaceful? If they did do it, it was certainly a bad PR move on their part, though I have a hard time blaming them (though still disagreeing with it being done) considering the threats levied against them by Bundy and his criminal buddies.

Also it does go beyond just bad PR. I mean if stuff had gone down there it's conceivable this might have turned out like a WACO style incident (which I personally think Bundy at least half wants to be honest) with federal agents killing women and children in the process. I don't think anyone really wants to see the BLM enforce the laws that badly (and obviously BLM did in fact wisely backdown). I mean, it's the United States not a war zone, thus killing human shields even inadvertently isn't really acceptable to most Americans in my opinion. ;)

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Llamalandia wrote:

The land usage fee is a fee for services received, the ACA penalty is a fine. Fee =/= fine.

True i suppose but Bundy is also being find for the trespassing cattle as well, guess I should have been more specific. ;)

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:16 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Llamalandia wrote:
Yeah, that's my bad on the dog kicking/tasering thing. He shouldna dun that. But still I maintain the arrest for failure to disperse is pure and unmitigated bullshit. I mean, there's plenty of State route it's not like his presence was an actual impediment to anyone doing their job. If some individgual protesters are somehow crossing the line in to criminal activity (like threatening to kill LEO's or something then fine arrest) but don't disperse a largely peaceful (if somewhat raucous) protest. I mean, if they were actually rioting and like turning over cop cars sure that's no longer a protest but a riot, but as far as I've seen Bundy et al weren't doing enough to warrant their forced "dispersal".

The presence of Bundy and his followers was an impediment to those who were attempting to get the cattle off of federal land.

How so, I'm specifically talking about the younger Bundy on the August 6th incident. How was he impeding their work other than merely being physically present (ad not blocking any vehicles or personel as far as I've seen. :eyebrow:

Felucian Planetary Republic
Envoy

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Felucian Planetary Republic » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:24 pm

I followed the link to the news report on this incident and I thought of something....Why is the government trying to waste their time on this instead of things that people actually consider problems? I mean if the guy has cattle on the "government" owned land, why did they not do anything earlier? I think the US government is going down some messed up road where they can charge anyone a fee for stupid things...before you know it, we will be charged for even walking into a store or something like that.

FNN NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: The dataDyne Corporation has announced plans to create an international armaments storefront with permission from various companies within the Republic to use their products in this storefront in return for a varying percentage of earnings from these products. More information will be given when the company releases more statements on their plans for the storefront.

*This nation is currently undergoing a change in Canon. Some information about the nation found through its factbooks may not be considered Canon for the time being.*

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Felucian Planetary Republic wrote:I followed the link to the news report on this incident and I thought of something....Why is the government trying to waste their time on this instead of things that people actually consider problems? I mean if the guy has cattle on the "government" owned land, why did they not do anything earlier? I think the US government is going down some messed up road where they can charge anyone a fee for stupid things...before you know it, we will be charged for even walking into a store or something like that.

So, you don't think criminal trespass and theft aren't problems?
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Felucian Planetary Republic
Envoy

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Felucian Planetary Republic » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:28 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Felucian Planetary Republic wrote:I followed the link to the news report on this incident and I thought of something....Why is the government trying to waste their time on this instead of things that people actually consider problems? I mean if the guy has cattle on the "government" owned land, why did they not do anything earlier? I think the US government is going down some messed up road where they can charge anyone a fee for stupid things...before you know it, we will be charged for even walking into a store or something like that.

So, you don't think criminal trespass and theft aren't problems?

I missed the theft part.....so then that is a problem.

FNN NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: The dataDyne Corporation has announced plans to create an international armaments storefront with permission from various companies within the Republic to use their products in this storefront in return for a varying percentage of earnings from these products. More information will be given when the company releases more statements on their plans for the storefront.

*This nation is currently undergoing a change in Canon. Some information about the nation found through its factbooks may not be considered Canon for the time being.*

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Felucian Planetary Republic wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:So, you don't think criminal trespass and theft aren't problems?

I missed the theft part.....so then that is a problem.

That is entirely what this is about.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:31 pm

You seem to think grazing fees are a new thing. They go back the Taylor Grazing Act of 1934.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

New Chalcedon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby New Chalcedon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:42 pm

Llamalandia wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:So? I don't think you understand what either the BLM or the IRS does.

Given that that ruling had nothing to do with fees, your "joke" is as uninformed as it is unentertaining.
Fuck it all. Let the world burn - there's no way roaches could do a worse job of being decent than we have.

United Prefectures of Appia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Prefectures of Appia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:21 pm

I believe they have. They even went to court and Bundy lost everytime. However, he's just too damn stubborn, so as a last resort, the government tried to come in and confiscate his cattle only to have a bunch of right-wing whackos messing things up.
"But wait, I thought guns were bad." "FALSE! Guns are good! Infact, did you know that Jesus and Moses used guns to conquer the Romans?"
The silver bullet solutions to solve all of America's political crap in one shot: Wolf-PAC.com, MayDay.US, Represent.us

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Do you not bother reading the available information? The government has been doing things regarding this since even before his last permit expired. This is not a case of the Gov't suddenly popping its head up 21 years later going, "OH! He's grazing without a permit!"..... no, over those 20 years there have been notices, court judgements, planned roundups, and backdowns due to threats.
Last edited by Tekania on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Such heroic nonsense!

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:39 am

The Horror Channel wrote:I wonder if this Bundy fuckwit has ever received any gov't subsidies.

Very likely he has, there are tons of subsidies for cattle farmers.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:59 am

The thing that most urks me about the whole situation is how many people on the wrong wing are cheering this guy on and pretending like it is some kind of victory for individual rights and a stand against government intrusion but it's neither, it's not even close. What it really is is the worst kind of mooching off of John Q Public, something that right-wingers vehemently oppose when it's done by people who need to but suddenly when this asshole who could afford to pay his fines and renew his permits and peacefully follow the law along with everyone else refuses to do it to the tune of 100 times more than any 3 welfare recipients you can think of it's suddenly fucking justifiable. And what about the individual rights of everyone else to use that land? With his cows tromping, munching, and shitting all over the place it infringes upon your and my rights to use that land for hiking or to have a picnic or whatever else we might like to do on that land so he was expected (quite reasonably) to pay a small fee far below what would be considered fair market value for the use of it.

He's mooching off of the federal government far worse than anyone receiving SNAP or Unemployment benefits are and he is quite literally piling shit on everyone else's individual rights. He is the worst kind of selfish cockbag, the kind of person who doesn't deserve anyone's respect let alone to be held up as some kind of paragon of liberty.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

United Prefectures of Appia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Prefectures of Appia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:29 am

BTW, anyone still hung up on the solar panel industry conspiracy theory? If so, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's been debunked.
"But wait, I thought guns were bad." "FALSE! Guns are good! Infact, did you know that Jesus and Moses used guns to conquer the Romans?"
The silver bullet solutions to solve all of America's political crap in one shot: Wolf-PAC.com, MayDay.US, Represent.us

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Bundy Family discovers "mass grave" from BLM

Postby Roski » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:00 pm

Warning. The images in the sources provided below may be disturbing
SOURCES: http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/blm-2-bulls-euthanized-during-cliven-bundy-cattle-roundup

Posted to the official Bundy Ranch Facebook page, the gruesome image shows several dead cattle being removed from a makeshift grave discovered just this weekend.
“Digging up 1 of the HUGE holes where they threw the cows that they had ran to death or shot,” the picture’s description reads. “I feel that this NEEDS to be put out for the public to see.”
The picture backs up reports by several people including Nevada assemblywoman Michele Fiore, who commented on the BLM’s cattle graves last Tuesday.
“Near their compound, right off the highway, they were digging holes,” Fiore said. “They tried to bury some cows on the compound, but I guess they didn’t dig the hole deep enough, so they throw a cow in and they put dirt over him and you have cows’ legs sticking up out of the dirt.”
Fiore also displayed several photos on her Twitter account Sunday, labeling the incident the “BLM Massacre.”

As expected, American "Patriotic" Militia are uprising (again), and appear to be threatening a revolution of sorts.

The family claims that the "massacre" is unlawful, and federal agents have admitted to shooting the cattle.

Of course, the feds said one thing, and did another!

I personally think this is just a bunch of bull. The Federal Government really doesn't need to tax for grazing, and the family claims the land is still theirs. Moreover, the rapid militarization of Nevada, supported by the Governor, and attacked by the Senator, was more than uncalled for.
This again seems that these "Patriots" are more hell bent on destabilizing the country, instead of doing things through politics.
In my opinion, both sides are wrong.

What say you, nationstates?
Last edited by Roski on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Lucipurr
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucipurr » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:01 pm

What the fuck did the cattle do to the Federal Agents? I honestly hope they're charged for this.
You can call me Luci
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent..
Jello is my bored buddy!
Lito's NS wife

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Roski wrote:Warning. The images in the sources provided below may be disturbing
SOURCES: [url]http://www.infowars

Stopped reading here.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:

Stopped reading here.

Multiple sources were provided. If you disapproved of that one, there were two others.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Lucipurr
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucipurr » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:

Stopped reading here.

Did you not bother to check the other sources? It seems everyone always seems to stop reading when Infowars is mentioned, but don't seem to bother to check out other sources.
You can call me Luci
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent..
Jello is my bored buddy!
Lito's NS wife

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Roski wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:Stopped reading here.

Multiple sources were provided. If you disapproved of that one, there were two others.

PatDollard.com had this on their home page:

Nope, not going to take that seriously.

And the last source's photos appear to be of the same cow from several different angles. One cow is not a "mass grave".
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Roski wrote:

PatDollard.com had this on their home page:

Nope, not going to take that seriously.

And the last source's photos appear to be of the same cow from several different angles. One cow is not a "mass grave".

There are more.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General