NATION

PASSWORD

I have the right to use government land (now with slavery!)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who's right in this whole debacle

The BLM "Bureau of Land Manegment" i.e. the government
66%
The Nevada Rancher
18%
Half & Half
7%
Neither
9%

Total votes : 398

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:08 pm

Sadly Stewart didn't air Hannity's hard 180. Maybe he's too classy or just didn't have the footage when the show was taped.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Tekania wrote:
Gauthier wrote:Unsurprisingly, Sean Hannity is bailing off the S.S. Bundy now that the captain opened his mouth about blacks being better off as slaves... *after* he made Bundy a right-wing darling.

Sean Hannity on Bundy ‘Negro’ Remarks: ‘Beyond Repugnant to Me’

It's funny in and of itself that he thinks this is an "eminent domain" issue. The Feds owned that land since they acquired it from Mexico. Eminent domain is not an issue here, no one else but the US Federal Government has owned that land since it was acquire from Mexico.

I listened to a snippet of Sean Hannity talking about Bundy a few days ago.

All I really heard was him mentioning that he wasn't a rancher and didn't understand what ranchers did.

That he'd be so stupid as to think this was related to eminent domain doesn't surprise me.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:12 pm

Mr Bundy, a racist as who claims he follows all the laws of Nevada (except apparently Nevada's own constitution and does not recognize the United States exists.... while running around on horseback waving it's representative flag around. Great choice of a mascot there small-government tea-party-ers.
Such heroic nonsense!

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Tekania wrote:Mr Bundy, a racist as who claims he follows all the laws of Nevada (except apparently Nevada's own constitution and does not recognize the United States exists.... while running around on horseback waving it's representative flag around. Great choice of a mascot there small-government tea-party-ers.

Well, really, he is. He represents how they think perfectly.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:That he'd be so stupid as to think this was related to eminent domain doesn't surprise me.

It's a surprise that Sean Hannity remembers to put on pants every morning, really.
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
Tekania wrote:
It's funny in and of itself that he thinks this is an "eminent domain" issue. The Feds owned that land since they acquired it from Mexico. Eminent domain is not an issue here, no one else but the US Federal Government has owned that land since it was acquire from Mexico.

I listened to a snippet of Sean Hannity talking about Bundy a few days ago.

All I really heard was him mentioning that he wasn't a rancher and didn't understand what ranchers did.

That he'd be so stupid as to think this was related to eminent domain doesn't surprise me.

True, to expect Hannity to do anything more than speaking out of his own ass is expecting too much.
Such heroic nonsense!

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:That he'd be so stupid as to think this was related to eminent domain doesn't surprise me.

It's a surprise that Sean Hannity remembers to put on pants every morning, really.

He puts his pants on one sleeve at a time, like anyone else.
Such heroic nonsense!

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Tekania wrote:
Death Metal wrote:

He puts his pants on one sleeve at a time, like anyone else.

Thanks there...you just killed me.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Stewart's turn to burn Bundy and Hannity.

Jamzmania
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Tekania wrote:Mr Bundy, a racist as who claims he follows all the laws of Nevada (except apparently Nevada's own constitution and does not recognize the United States exists.... while running around on horseback waving it's representative flag around. Great choice of a mascot there small-government tea-party-ers.

Yet more blanket generalizations? Must have run out of real arguments.
The Alexanderians wrote:"Fear no man or woman,
No matter what their size.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

-Engraved on the side of my M1911 .45

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Jamzmania wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Well, really, he is. He represents how they think perfectly.

An argument that does nothing to diminish the observation that the same conservative politicians and pundits who were celebrating Cliven Bundy as a patriot are now slowly backpedaling away from him, nevermind there are people still supporting Bundy even with the racism made plain.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Jamzmania wrote:

An argument that does nothing to diminish the observation that the same conservative politicians and pundits who were celebrating Cliven Bundy as a patriot are now slowly backpedaling away from him, nevermind there are people still supporting Bundy even with the racism made plain.

Seen a black man who is in the right-wing militia say he wasn't offended by the comments on CNN. Shows you how far some conservatives heads are in there ass.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:01 pm

United States Of Devonta wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Seen a black man who is in the right-wing militia say he wasn't offended by the comments on CNN. Shows you how far some conservatives heads are in there ass.

Was it this one?

Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:01 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Was it this one?

NO RELATIONS.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Was it this one?

Hmm... No he looked more normal. But he was an idiot. Some gray shirt that said "Don't tread on me". Says the one who came up to the place with a gun.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:51 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Was it this one?

Why, if it isn't the Reverend Father Uncle Ruckus.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SaintB » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:44 pm

So lemme see:
Idiot? Check.
Violent? Check.
Hypocrite? Check.
Cheating the system? Check.

He'll be running for the Senate come 2016 just you watch.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Zaldakki
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaldakki » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:52 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

I'm centrist, but my dad is conservative. Bundy does not at all represent him. My dad, who is white and married to my asian mom, has always been absolutely disgusted by racism.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:55 pm

Death Metal wrote:Sadly Stewart didn't air Hannity's hard 180. Maybe he's too classy or just didn't have the footage when the show was taped.

I had to pick a post on Hannity's 180 at random because I'm lazy. So, sorry about that.

As kind of funny as it is to watch someone have to back away slowly after realizing they backed a nutbag, I feel I have to at least take comfort in the fact that there is in fact a bridge too far for Hannity. Given the way things have gone, I would have expected him to find some way to contortion himself into still backing him, but when he went full nut, there is a bit of integrity in going, "Okay, no. That shit, that racist shit right there, that's not okay and I'm not so partisan that I'll take any port in a storm."

It must be lonely for that little shred of integrity in Hannity, even if one were to suggest (as I'm sure someone will, I'm not going to speculate on his motivations) that it's just there because he knows publicly defending an out an out old school racist is going to be an untenable position in today's media culture.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:03 am

Not to mention his cowardly supporters who hide behind women.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

Vicious Debaters
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vicious Debaters » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:10 am

Arkiasis wrote:

Not to mention his cowardly supporters who hide behind women.

I love it when they said that.

And the thing where he's a hypocritical moocher at the same time he talks about blacks being on welfare.
Last edited by Vicious Debaters on Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:34 am

Tekania wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:I listened to a snippet of Sean Hannity talking about Bundy a few days ago.

True, to expect Hannity to do anything more than speaking out of his own ass is expecting too much.

I don't really care if he thinks Bundy is racist or not. I really don't. Not even Stewart is saying, "ha ha, look at this guy supporting a racist!" Because the take away I got from Stewart was that Bundy is, not only a hypocrite, but illogical in his idea of eminent domain.

Hannity claims liberals are using Bundy's racism as smoke and mirrors whilst in reality, the right wingers are. Bundy being racist has shit all to do about the land issue. At least, for Hannity's case.
Last edited by Norstal on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:11 am

SaintB wrote:So lemme see:
Idiot? Check.
Violent? Check.
Hypocrite? Check.

ooohhhhh yesssss

and you know who he'd be running against? HARRY REID! it would be the fight of the ages.
whatever

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Idiot? Check.
Violent? Check.
Hypocrite? Check.

Well he's still better than Harry Reid, if I lived in Nevada I'd vote for him even if he is a slightly racist idiot. ;)

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Llamalandia wrote:
Idiot? Check.
Violent? Check.
Hypocrite? Check.

Well he's still better than Harry Reid, if I lived in Nevada I'd vote for him even if he is a slightly racist idiot. ;)

Bundy would probably demand that Nevada be allowed to secede.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General