NATION

PASSWORD

Philippines Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Seylland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seylland » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:17 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:
Seylland wrote:What if Duterte is the Antichrist.

I'd be more worried of Trump being the anti-Christ if anything.

True.
Victoriala II wrote:
Seylland wrote:What if Duterte is the Antichrist.

We aren't the new Zion don't believe that Iglesian claptrap

I'm sorry? But srsly Iglesians are rather... loony.

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:18 pm

Seylland wrote:
I'd be more worried of Trump being the anti-Christ if anything.

True.
Victoriala II wrote:We aren't the new Zion don't believe that Iglesian claptrap

You can say they're our version of the moonies

But with Gothic churches

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:21 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:What do you mean: 'No he isn't'?
Whatever happened to his jet ski to the West Philippine Sea, now he's talking of an ending to the American wargames because CHINA DOESN'T LIKE IT?

He's gone way far to please the Chinese government as he has gone far in alienating Washington, but concessions to a powerful next-door neighbor to maintain peace don't automatically mean handing over sovereignty. We don't actually know what his administration is doing re: Spratlys, policy-wise. Please calm down.

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:How is that not the first signs of selling us to the illegal and Illegitimate Chinese Government?

Look, "illegal" and "illegitimate" mean nothing to me, or at least I've never really dwelt upon it. I mean, for one, applied in our case, all post-Marcos administrations I could view as "illegal" and "illegitimate", but really, who cares?
Last edited by Dahon on Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:22 pm

The Posthuman Coalition wrote:
Dahon wrote:
Look, I don't like how the Duterte administration is trying everything it can to please the Chinese (and I'm utterly mystified as to their motives in reaching out to Putin's Russia), but realignment in itself is not grounds for... Lord Almighty, another People Power?

Jesus. Can we not stick with constitutional prerogatives and let Duterte finish his term? If what Duterte is doing with the drug situation will in effect discredit this nation's already tottering institutions, ousting him will be more of that same.

No, no he isn't. (And let's not play the ideological game, please.)

I hate this ideological shit in this thread. There's pro-US and there's f-cking pro-China. Its cancer, how about I propose a motherf-cking solution so that you stop rambling like your mom's tits.

-Partition the freaking rocks, or at least share it
(Our el Presidente should take better PH-China relations, by duking it out in a game of good 'ol negotiation. Because the Spratlys are a bunch of floating damn rocks, how about they do my self-dubbed "Berlin Solution"? Divide the islands' territory into two. On peart for the Philippines and part for China, IN EQUAL F-CKING PARTS! Or at least, make it a joint Philippine-Chinese territory, where Filipino and Chinese fishermen fish with each, for fucking peace.)

-MULTILATERALISM!
(Get over it! This ain't the f-cking 1900's! We're not f-cking American mouthpieces anymore! But I think Presidente should not just be China-friendly. Make some useful allies apart form the f-cking United States of goddamn America. Indonesia, for example.)

Doesn't mean Duterte is going China-friendly, doesn't mean HE'S SELLING THE F-CKING COUNTRY U R-----S! WE STILL NEED THE US, AND WE ALSO NEED MORE ALLIES APART FROM THE BLOODY NATION!

Point 1: No, BECAUSE in accordance with international law and the international community, CHINA HAS NO RIGHT TO CLAIM OUR TERRITORY, PERIOD.

Point 2: We do in fact help our allies like Indonesia as an example, in fact we're conducting joint military patrols to prevent certain Islamic terrorist groups from further kidnapping people, i.e. Abu Sayyaff.

Point 3: Yeah.... Why don't you tell him to shut the heck up when it comes to... Oh I don't know... Foreign relations with but not limited to:
The United States
The United Nations
The United Kingdom
The Kingdom of the Netherlands
Germany
France
Spain
Portugal
Poland
Italy
Austria
Belgium
Luxembourg
Greece
Denmark
Sweden
Finland
Ireland (the Republic of)
The Czech Republic
Hungary
Romania
Bulgaria
And Australia.
To name a few.
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Antarkreich
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarkreich » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Dahon wrote:
Real human being? Without a doubt.

Real... hero? I'm sorry, but what?

Drug dealers are some of the most depraved people I can think of. They profit off of others' depravity, they destroy societies, and Rody's good to be cleaning them out. Of course, I'm not Filipino, so I only get the news about his 'horrible human rights violations' and when he called that Jewish ambassador a homosexual.

Pranovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pranovia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Both sides of this government are gong crazy by the day.
The permissiveness of society must be balanced with authoritativeness. - Ferdinand Marcos
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho ... arcos.html
Pranovia is based on 1970s era Philippines, with some personal twists.
About me: 15 years old, femme AFAB genderqueer, ENTP, Protestant Christian, loves Pokemon, Charmander is my Starter, is in Team Mystic, Authoritarian Nationalist but socially liberal

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Victoriala II wrote:>altrighter having a hard-on for a leftist

He's not the only one turned on by violence or at least the prospect of it. Here's the Dail-- I mean, Der Sturmer.

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:16 pm

Dahon wrote:

He's not the only one turned on by violence or at least the prospect of it. Here's the Dail-- I mean, Der Sturmer.

I could understand the gleefulness on the neo-nazi side.

But aren't we racially Üntermensch (iirc same level as Der Juden) still

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:26 pm

Victoriala II wrote:I could understand the gleefulness on the neo-nazi side.

I guess they're turned on by other people suffering.

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

Hastiaka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:43 am

Victoriala II wrote:
Seylland wrote:True.

You can say they're our version of the moonies

But with Gothic churches

Nope. Duterte's not the anti-Christ and We're not a ''hippy-cold-war-era-korean-unification'' cult. Secondly, you might have mistaken the ''new Zion'' thing with one of our beliefs which is that the INC is the child of Zion (Isaiah 62:11-12 NIV)(Hebrews 12:22-24 LB)(Matthew 24:3 KJV). :p

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:57 am

Victoriala II wrote:
Seylland wrote:Ignore him. He fetishizes authoritarians and gets turned on by the death of so called 'degenerates'.

>altrighter having a hard-on for a leftist

The Antichrist isn't even born yet but I honestly feel the book of revelations are happening like crazy

haha hah ah ah I'm not even altright I hate them

Seylland wrote:
Dahon wrote:
You're... proud? Proud? What?

Ignore him. He fetishizes authoritarians and gets turned on by the death of so called 'degenerates'.

Well I AM an authoritarian/statist after all so???
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)
Christian Social Democrat
I am: "A monument to [the RWDT's] collective sins."

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:16 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Point 3: Yeah.... Why don't you tell him to shut the heck up when it comes to... Oh I don't know... Foreign relations with but not limited to:
The United States
The United Nations
- moar Western countries -

> Assuming we consider the UN as an ally like any other nation

Seriously, the UN means every single country save for the Vatican, and not every UN member-state is our "ally" in the traditional sense. Hell the UN isn't some alliance of countries at all.

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:20 am

Stormwrath wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Point 3: Yeah.... Why don't you tell him to shut the heck up when it comes to... Oh I don't know... Foreign relations with but not limited to:
The United States
The United Nations

Seriously, the UN means every single country save for the Vatican, and not every UN member-state is our "ally" in the traditional sense. Hell the UN isn't some alliance of countries at all.

The UN is there to make a sense of pan-human unity.

If that building in nyc is leased at some point at least they keep UNESCO and UNICEF alive those things are the reason why I'd keep UN tbh

Devernia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Devernia » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:31 am

Change really is coming

*munches popcorn*
Comunidade de Devernha [MT 2019]
???
NS stats may or may not be used.

NOTE: Will nearly retcon everything soon.
RECENT HEADLINES:26 Officials In Parliament Found With NCoV | Devernian Stock Market Collapses In Global Recession | "How Long Will We Last?" Declares Opinion Piece In Gaerson Journal

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:06 am

So, someone from reddit did this.

I'm not sure what to make of it.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:15 am

Asigna wrote:So, someone from reddit did this.

(Image)

Someone beat you to your Asigna canon. :P

Pranovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pranovia » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:16 am

(Image)

Hahaha I saw that too lmao
The permissiveness of society must be balanced with authoritativeness. - Ferdinand Marcos
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho ... arcos.html
Pranovia is based on 1970s era Philippines, with some personal twists.
About me: 15 years old, femme AFAB genderqueer, ENTP, Protestant Christian, loves Pokemon, Charmander is my Starter, is in Team Mystic, Authoritarian Nationalist but socially liberal

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:19 am

Stormwrath wrote:

(Image)

Someone beat you to your Asigna canon. :P

I'm abysmally indirectly flattered. In a bad way. If my canon is a prophecy, we just hope that amidst the chaos, the Philippines will end up intact, if not, a far better nation than it is today. Of course, there will be bloody costs.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Connori Pilgrims
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Connori Pilgrims » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:46 am

The Posthuman Coalition wrote:
I hate this ideological shit in this thread. There's pro-US and there's f-cking pro-China. Its cancer, how about I propose a motherf-cking solution so that you stop rambling like your mom's tits.

-Partition the freaking rocks, or at least share it
(Our el Presidente should take better PH-China relations, by duking it out in a game of good 'ol negotiation. Because the Spratlys are a bunch of floating damn rocks, how about they do my self-dubbed "Berlin Solution"? Divide the islands' territory into two. On peart for the Philippines and part for China, IN EQUAL F-CKING PARTS! Or at least, make it a joint Philippine-Chinese territory, where Filipino and Chinese fishermen fish with each, for fucking peace.)

Don't you think the Philippines tried already talking to China? Since 1995 the Philippines has attempted negotiation at least 19 times, and issued as many diplomatic protests every time they went and took an island or did something funny. China says there's nothing to talk about because they believe they have "indisputable sovereignty". The stupid line that we "don't talk to them" is propaganda they've issued to try and make themselves seem reasonable... and that many stupid people even in the Philippines (and even in this moron thread) have bought.

Who's going to make the Chinese share? Duterte? You? How are you going to make them share???

The only right thing you said is that we need more allies. But who's gonna trust this stupid asshole who curses his own biggest ally, is so thin-skinned about criticism, and most importantly makes decisions entirely on emotion and on impulse so often that even his own posse in the Cabinet has to contradict/"clarify" what he says?

Independent foreign policy is a joke without force to back it up. He doesn't want us to modernize and arm properly, despite his many flowery speeches he keeps sending to our troops as if he thinks we're gullible. He thinks the AFP should only focus on internal threats like stupid drug addicts or those dumb Abus. The better for China, US or whoever to control the region.

Whatever the fuck his foreign policy is, it is certainly not independent.
LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR YOU. HATE.

Overview of the United Provinces of Connorianople (MT)
FT - United Worlds of Connorianople/The Connori Pilgrims
MT-PMT - United Provinces of Connorianople
PT (19th-Mid-20th Century) - Republic of Connorianople/United States of America (1939 World of Tomorrow RP)
FanT - The Imperium Fremen

Seylland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seylland » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Great Kauthar wrote:

The Antichrist isn't even born yet but I honestly feel the book of revelations are happening like crazy

haha hah ah ah I'm not even altright I hate them

Seylland wrote:Ignore him. He fetishizes authoritarians and gets turned on by the death of so called 'degenerates'.

I'm authoritarian as well and you don't see me advocating the death people. Indoctrination sure, but certainly not death.

(Image)

Mabuhay?
Hastiaka wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:You can say they're our version of the moonies

But with Gothic churches

Nope. Duterte's not the anti-Christ and We're not a ''hippy-cold-war-era-korean-unification'' cult. Secondly, you might have mistaken the ''new Zion'' thing with one of our beliefs which is that the INC is the child of Zion (Isaiah 62:11-12 NIV)(Hebrews 12:22-24 LB)(Matthew 24:3 KJV). :p

Sounds heretical. But continue~
Dahon wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:I could understand the gleefulness on the neo-nazi side.

Schadenfreude can become a fetish...
Stormwrath wrote:
The United States
The United Nations

At this point, Pantalleria's drivel sounds like he is willing to sellout Philippine sovreignity to the USA in a heartbeat. Not to mention a naive view on international affairs/realpolitik.

Although still arguably better than being a sellout to Sugar Daddy China.
Devernia wrote:Change really is coming

*munches popcorn*

If change smells like death, then yes, it's coming. In fact, it probably is already here.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Valaran wrote:So, when Duterte says that joint military exercises are to end (since China 'does not want them'), should we be taking him at his word?

Most likely, I hope not, but most likely.
In which case I'll try to instigate and influence a People Power Revolution to get him out.

Ah - thanks (and sorry for the late reply).

So much for 'just being talk'.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Yugoslav Memes
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yugoslav Memes » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Asigna wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Someone beat you to your Asigna canon. :P

I'm abysmally indirectly flattered. In a bad way. If my canon is a prophecy, we just hope that amidst the chaos, the Philippines will end up intact, if not, a far better nation than it is today. Of course, there will be bloody costs.

i now associate the fist salute with that fisting joke Zhou made a while ago
Factbook - Trobojka

Shooting all the old people is a feasible and effective solution whenever your ideas meet some obstacles.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:28 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
The United States
The United Nations

Well technically yes, however the UN is so unrepresentative of all the countries in the World, that I simply regard them as another country itself, since it pursues its own interests, and it has its own laws, that member nations are supposed to follow.

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:31 pm

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Asigna wrote:

i now associate the fist salute with that fisting joke Zhou made a while ago

High impact sexual violence

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:38 pm

Seylland wrote:
Great Kauthar wrote:haha hah ah ah I'm not even altright I hate them

I'm authoritarian as well and you don't see me advocating the death people. Indoctrination sure, but certainly not death.

(Image)

Mabuhay?
Hastiaka wrote:

Sounds heretical. But continue~
Dahon wrote:

Schadenfreude can become a fetish...
Stormwrath wrote:> Assuming we consider the UN as an ally like any other nation

At this point, Pantalleria's drivel sounds like he is willing to sellout Philippine sovreignity to the USA in a heartbeat. Not to mention a naive view on international affairs/realpolitik.

Although still arguably better than being a sellout to Sugar Daddy China.
Devernia wrote:Change really is coming

*munches popcorn*

If change smells like death, then yes, it's coming. In fact, it probably is already here.

Firstly.... WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK?
'Sellout Philippine sovereignty to the USA in a heartbeat.' What kind of statement is that?
Did you even READ Point 3? If you didn't then let me explain to you in a language you can better understand:

DUTERTE WAS ELECTED BY ABOUT 18 MILLION UNEDUCATED PEOPLE.
PHILIPPINES HAS 100 MILLION PEOPLE.
DUTERTE NOT REALLY COMPLETELY REPRESENTATIVE OF EVEN QUARTER OF TOTAL POPULATION.
DUTERTE HAS BIG LOUD MOUTH.
COUNTRIES NOT LIKE DUTERTE MOUTH.
RICH PEOPLE WHO MAKE THE MONEY COMING INTO THE COUNTRY NOT LIKE DUTERTE MOUTH.
ECONOMY DYING BECAUSE OF DUTERTE.
DUTERTE IS TRAITOR FOR NOT PROTECTING PHILIPPINE RIGHTS IN WEST PHILIPPINE SEA.
PUT TAPE ON DUTERTE MOUTH.
EVERYBODY HAPPY.

P.S.: I made it bold and in all caps to make sure you read it properly this time.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General