NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion and Capital Punishment

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zagornias
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zagornias » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Pro Choice and Pro Capital Punishment in some cases.
The Federation of Zagornias | Der Federatsii di Zagorni
Formerly known as Inkarzikan, add 5203 posts. Playing NS since Nov. 25, '09.

RIP WOMBAT - 2/17/11-4/09/13
Founding Member of the LAVMEO Rp Group
Agymnum wrote:
Zagornias wrote:Reagan? Best President?

Don't make me laugh.

He was one of the few presidents who was a professional actor, so I'm not really surprised. His performance during the presidency of actually appearing to be in-control is worthy of an Academy.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Solarys wrote:

Linking to some random site with no explanation of what or why and without any input from your part is no more argument than me replying with a link to google search.

Are you fucking German?
Solarys wrote:And do note that i am pro-abortion if pregnancy carries a serious health risk for the mother or something.

Pregnancy always 'carries a serious health risk for the mother or something' if the mother is a human.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:40 pm

The ivain isles wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:
Ok so If I abduct you in the night and stitch you to a person in a vegetative state in such a way that your separation will kill one of you, you should be forced to spend the rest of your life attached to said vegetable.

actually it does nullify their right to occupy it.
this is why I cant just show up at your house, that you are living in, and start living there against your will, you can have me forcibly removed.

either the woman is strapped down to a table for 9 months, greatly violating her rights, or the offending fetus is removed, which is roughly equivalent to shooting a rat.

Are you suggesting a woman who gets pregnant is going to spend the rest of her life pregnant?

Maybe back in the 1800s, but we've had a few land reform acts since then, and are you suggesting that women just magically get pregnant out of the blue?

Are you suggesting all pregnancies are voluntary and made will full informed consent?
abortion is even one of the means to increase the likelihood of pregnancy.

Since when have pregnant women been strapped down on tables for nine months?

you are the one saying her rights to her body are forfeit. there are only two outcomes the fetus's rights are forfeit or the woman's are.

I seriously missed a memo on that one, and since when did rats develop into adult humans??????? Now, that stuffs seriously scary. :eek:

Evolutionary biologist, all life has the potential to develop human level or greater intelligence. All that varies is the number of generation or amount of manipulation needed.
a ball of cells without a mind is not of greater value than a creature with thoughts and emotions.
Last edited by Sociobiology on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

The ivain isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The ivain isles » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:52 pm

Sociobiology wrote:
The ivain isles wrote:
Are you suggesting a woman who gets pregnant is going to spend the rest of her life pregnant?

Maybe back in the 1800s, but we've had a few land reform acts since then, and are you suggesting that women just magically get pregnant out of the blue?

Are you suggesting all pregnancies are voluntary and made will full informed consent?

Since when have pregnant women been strapped down on tables for nine months?

you are the one saying her rights to her body are forfeit. there are only two outcomes the fetus's rights are forfeit or the woman's are.

I seriously missed a memo on that one, and since when did rats develop into adult humans??????? Now, that stuffs seriously scary. :eek:

Evolutionary biologist, all life has the potential to develop human level or greater intelligence. All that varies is the number of generation or amount of manipulation needed.
a ball of cells without a mind is not of greater value than a creature with thoughts and emotions.

No, rape is unconsentual, other than that, a woman consents with the full knowledge that there exists a probability of pregnancy.

Her body is there before the pregnancy, it'll be there afterward, so no, there isn't. Your effectively saying, a foetus has rights, we'll just choose to ignore them because a foetus isn't any benefit to me now. There's a huge scale in the difference of completely eliminating a foetus which has the high probability of seeing some 70+ years of life so a woman can keep nine months of comfort. You still haven't told me when women are strapped down to tables for nine months, btw, and I've seen plenty of pregnant women moving about freely in, well, bodies.

Yes, and different species evolve between then and now. When you find a rat capable of understanding mathematics, tell me.
I probably hate everything you stand for. (and on)

My political viewpoint: Social democratic liberal

Why I want to destroy the very fabric of society

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:54 pm

The ivain isles wrote:No, rape is unconsentual, other than that, a woman consents with the full knowledge that there exists a probability of pregnancy.

Yes. Which means they don't consent to pregnancy.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:56 pm

The Great America wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:It's not ironic. One is a person, the other is not.

It is life. It has been proven scientifically that an unborn fetus is a person.

"Person" isn't a scientific term, so there goes that argument.

The ivain isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The ivain isles » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:56 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
The ivain isles wrote:No, rape is unconsentual, other than that, a woman consents with the full knowledge that there exists a probability of pregnancy.

Yes, and they go to the hospital, they say I've just been raped, and they get an injection of oestrogen.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:57 pm

The ivain isles wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:Are you suggesting all pregnancies are voluntary and made will full informed consent?

No, rape is unconsentual, other than that, a woman consents with the full knowledge that there exists a probability of pregnancy.

People can revoke consent, you know. If a woman is having sex consensually, can she not say "actually, I want to stop now. I no longer consent" or do you deny her that right?
piss

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:57 pm

What is the definition of legal personhood anyways?
Forever a Communist

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:58 pm

The ivain isles wrote:Yes, and they go to the hospital, they say I've just been raped, and they get an injection of oestrogen.

The fuck?
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Shaggai wrote:People can revoke consent, you know. If a woman is having sex consensually, can she not say "actually, I want to stop now. I no longer consent" or do you deny her that right?

Silly person, women don't have the right to choose when to have sex.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:59 pm

The ivain isles wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Yes. Which means they don't consent to pregnancy.

Yes, and they go to the hospital, they say I've just been raped, and they get an injection of oestrogen.

*Sigh* Mav's saying that regardless of consent to sex, the women consents to pregnancy separately.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
The ivain isles wrote:Yes, and they go to the hospital, they say I've just been raped, and they get an injection of oestrogen.

The fuck?

Not sure if it's oestrogen, but a woman's pregnancy can be prevented with hormones.

As I recall, there are 3 major hormones in play, and oestrogen can inhibit certain hormones that prepare the womb for a pregnancy.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Esternial wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:The fuck?

Not sure if it's oestrogen, but a woman's pregnancy can be prevented with hormones.

As I recall, there are 3 major hormones in play, and oestrogen can inhibit certain hormones that prepare the womb for a pregnancy.

That's not the part that's "what the fuck" worthy.

I have no clue what rape has to do with what I said.

The ivain isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The ivain isles » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Shaggai wrote:
The ivain isles wrote:

People can revoke consent, you know. If a woman is having sex consensually, can she not say "actually, I want to stop now. I no longer consent" or do you deny her that right?

A woman consents to the act of sex, with the full knowledge of the probability of pregnancy, and no, I don't deny her the right to an abortion, as no such right exists. Do you have a right enslave a person who goes bankrupt, and then kill them for it?

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:05 pm

The ivain isles wrote:
Shaggai wrote:People can revoke consent, you know. If a woman is having sex consensually, can she not say "actually, I want to stop now. I no longer consent" or do you deny her that right?

A woman consents to the act of sex, with the full knowledge of the probability of pregnancy, and no, I don't deny her the right to an abortion, as no such right exists. Do you have a right enslave a person who goes bankrupt, and then kill them for it?

Yes, she consents to sex. But not pregnancy. That's the fucking point.

The right to bodily sovereignty does exist, however, and that includes the right to do with your body what you will, including seeking an abortion to defend it from intruders.
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

The ivain isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The ivain isles » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:05 pm

Shaggai wrote:
The ivain isles wrote:

No, because if he continues, it's rape.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:05 pm

The ivain isles wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:Are you suggesting all pregnancies are voluntary and made will full informed consent?

probabilty =/= consent

being alive makes death probably, not committing suicide is not consent to homicide.
driving a car makes death more likely, this is not consent to death.

Her body is there before the pregnancy, it'll be there afterward, so no, there isn't.

so if I steal your car drive it around for a few weeks then drop it off back at your house, no crime has occurred?

Your effectively saying, a foetus has rights, we'll just choose to ignore them because a foetus isn't any benefit to me now.

not in the slightest, it has rights just as a dog has rights, its rights however do not include a right to use the organs of others against their will.

There's a huge scale in the difference of completely eliminating a foetus which has the high probability of seeing some 70+ years of life so a woman can keep nine months of comfort.

no it really does not. assuming no abortion happens it still has a less than 50% chance of reaching birth more less anything after that.

You still haven't told me when women are strapped down to tables for nine months, btw, and I've seen plenty of pregnant women moving about freely in, well, bodies.

but those women can also have an abortions if they wish, often in pill form.

Yes, and different species evolve between then and now.

and whats your point, both are potentialities, which so far has been your only justification.

When you find a rat capable of understanding mathematics, tell me.

rats have been shown to understand some mathematics in laboratory conditions.
when you find a fetus that understands mathematics tell me.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:06 pm

The ivain isles wrote:A woman consents to the act of sex, with the full knowledge of the probability of pregnancy

Which isn't consent to pregnancy. Why do you guys always fail to grasp this simple fact? If you leave your home, knowing full well the probability that someone could break into it and rob you, does this mean you consent to the robbery? If you leave your home and go driving, knowing full well the probability of someone else hitting you, do you consent to being hit?

Of fucking course not. But you don't care about that, do you? No, as long as you can make yourself feel superior and punish the ebul sluts, you don't care.

The ivain isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The ivain isles » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
The ivain isles wrote:

Yes, she consents to sex. But not pregnancy. That's the fucking point.

The right to bodily sovereignty does exist, however, and that includes the right to do with your body what you will, including seeking an abortion to defend it from intruders.

Yes, becuase if we don't, the terrorist foetuses win, flying into women's wombs, and making them pregnant.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
The ivain isles wrote:A woman consents to the act of sex, with the full knowledge of the probability of pregnancy

Which isn't consent to pregnancy. Why do you guys always fail to grasp this simple fact? If you leave your home, knowing full well the probability that someone could break into it and rob you, does this mean you consent to the robbery? If you leave your home and go driving, knowing full well the probability of someone else hitting you, do you consent to being hit?

Of fucking course not. But you don't care about that, do you? No, as long as you can make yourself feel superior and punish the ebul sluts, you don't care.

Since he knows full well someone can kill him, knowing one's own mortality, he consents to being killed.

Thus: murder becomes euthanasia.
Last edited by Esternial on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:11 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:I am for capital punishment under certain instances (rape, gang shot callers, ect.). I'm also pro choice. And for your information, being pro choice is not "anti-life", as it has to do with the lack of personhood of the fetus, and, more importantly, women's right to bodily sovereignty.

And just incase people complain about any fetus feeling pain like a normal person would, this this and this.

The Norgan Alliance
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norgan Alliance » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

But no one is arguing that point! I think all of us agree that abortion is allowed only in times when there is rape, incest, or if the mother's life is at risk. If anyone is against this then please let me know.
Call me Norga and I'll give you a cookie
|No Left Turn|
"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons." ~ Principle Scudworth, 2003
The Liberated Territories wrote:Ancestry: Murican
Ethnicity: Murican
Race: Murican

Murica

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:11 pm

The ivain isles wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Yes, she consents to sex. But not pregnancy. That's the fucking point.

Yes, becuase if we don't, the terrorist foetuses win, flying into women's wombs, and making them pregnant.

Aye, pretty much. If the fetus isn't wanted, it is no better than a squatter.

@}-;-'---

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:12 pm

The ivain isles wrote:

No, because if he continues, it's rape.

Then she can naturally revoke consent to pregnancy, as you consider it an extension of sex. If you do not consider it an extension of sex, it must therefore be consented to separately, and abortions are okay.
piss

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General