NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion and Capital Punishment

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Solarys
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Solarys » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Sociobiology wrote:
Solarys wrote:
1) I never said otherwise and zygotes aren't removed from the body in the normal cases,

wrong
most zygotes never make implantation

2) It would be easy for you to just link the source. You brought it into discussion. Are you implying that i should google for sources to figure out what you are talking about now ?

you need a source for what cloning is, fine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloning

3) No tumor or organs grow to a fully formed human being. But fetuses do.
most don't

1) "there is a reason why i added "not like sperm or ova" in there."

2) If you are trying that hard to avoid linking what i asked you to, then feel free.

3) And we are talking about the ones that "can". It is better to let 100 criminals escape than let one innocent suffer.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Aethrys wrote:I'm in favor of both.

So you're alright with the possibility--nay, likelihood--that someone innocent may be executed due to a wrongful conviction?

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Solarys
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Solarys » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:56 pm

New Libertarian States wrote:A zygote is combined, and isnt human, sperm cells and eggs are the second part but not combined.

But a zygote of a human can grow into only a human being just like the sperm cells and ova. But yeah the difference is in the perspective.

ALMF wrote:One point reaaly:
One premous the probirth movement is dependent on is a the new Blood liable: the premous of fetal individuality. Therefore, believes (and claims) like "a fetus is a person/a human/a baby," "a fetus has an interest" (witch includes "a fetus has rights"), any use of the word killing/murder/homicide in connection with fetuses, et al. are all equavlant to the statement "all kikes must be killed because they use Cristion babes as sacrifices in there rituals." (I forget the attribution, Gerbils many?)

Um... I am really trying not to get offensive here, but i can't understand with the way you type. Sorry.

Solarys
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Solarys » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Aethrys wrote:I'm in favor of both.

So you're alright with the possibility--nay, likelihood--that someone innocent may be executed due to a wrongful conviction?

If you are going to condemn innocents to death by abortion, i don't think something like that is what you need to be worried about.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Solarys wrote:3) And we are talking about the ones that "can". It is better to let 100 criminals escape than let one innocent suffer.

No it fucking isn't. Because then you allow 100 more innocents suffer as a result. What a stupid idea to run a society by.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Solarys wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:wrong
most zygotes never make implantation

you need a source for what cloning is, fine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloning

most don't

actually they are removed in the exact same fashion

2) If you are trying that hard to avoid linking what i asked you to, then feel free.

If you wanted something besides cloning I have no idea what it is.

3) And we are talking about the ones that "can".

but they can't without conflicting with the rights of the mother.
It is not that fetuses do not have rights , it is their rights lose when in direct conflict with the rights of an adult.
That is literally why babies cannot be terminated under normal circumstances, because their rights are no longer in direct conflict with an adults.

It is better to let 100 criminals escape than let one innocent suffer.

yes and?
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

New Libertarian States
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Libertarian States » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Solarys wrote:
New Libertarian States wrote:A zygote is combined, and isnt human, sperm cells and eggs are the second part but not combined.

But a zygote of a human can grow into only a human being just like the sperm cells and ova. But yeah the difference is in the perspective.

ALMF wrote:One point reaaly:
One premous the probirth movement is dependent on is a the new Blood liable: the premous of fetal individuality. Therefore, believes (and claims) like "a fetus is a person/a human/a baby," "a fetus has an interest" (witch includes "a fetus has rights"), any use of the word killing/murder/homicide in connection with fetuses, et al. are all equavlant to the statement "all kikes must be killed because they use Cristion babes as sacrifices in there rituals." (I forget the attribution, Gerbils many?)

Um... I am really trying not to get offensive here, but i can't understand with the way you type. Sorry.

It has the POSSIBILITY.
That's they key word..
If it was 100% success rate, I'd be more inclined to agree with you.
But, we simply don't know.
And I'd rather the human being make the decision of rather to keep a lump of tissue inside them, rather then have no choice be presented to them, at all.
by Liriena » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:25 pm
Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the song of "No one cares".
It is the music of a people
who are sick NK waving its dick.
When the beating of our ignore cannon
echoes the beating of our facepalms,
there is a life about to start
when we nuke Pyongyang!

Literally a Horse
Not a Libertarian, just like the name.[benevolentthomas] horse is a defender leader in multiple region- whore organizations.
23:07 Unibot If an article could have a sack of testicles - it would.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Solarys wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:Adoption is all well and great, however you're forgetting the part where that doesn't solve the issue of not wanting to be pregnant and give birth, and the fact that just like how a rapist doesn't get the right to use my body, neither does a fetus.

Then you should have refrained from having sex unless you are sure that it won't result in pregnancy or you should be willing to face the consequences.

Equating a fetus to cancer (better alternative to a rapist) is simply disgusting.

"Lethal injection is all well and great, however you're forgetting the part where that doesn't solve the issue of an execution for jaywalking being a cruel and unusual punishment, and the fact that just like how a man doesn't get the right to shoot a guy for banging his wife, neither does the government for jaywalking."

Then you should have refrained from jaywalking unless you are sure that it won't result in capture or you should be willing to face the consequences.

Equating the execution of a jaywalker to murder is simply disgusting.
Solarys wrote:
Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:Turns out, abortion is a great way of dealing with the consequences of unprotected sex.

It's not disgusting. What's disgusting is your immoral, depraved, perverse, anti-Christian, murderous, anti-life belief that a non-person is somehow entitled to legal precedence over a person.

Saying abortion is a great way of dealing with it is like saying killing your employees rapist is a great way of avoiding paying their wages STD complications. It is murder justified homicide, nothing less.

Also life is life, just because it isn't a person yet he inflicts mayhem and the risk of death doesn't mean that you should get to do whatever you want with it him. Like i said, accept the consequences or don't attempt risking it.

Corrected.

The ivain isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The ivain isles » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Sociobiology wrote:
The ivain isles wrote:
So if I evict somebody from my property, I can terminate their life if they don't leave fast enough?

no, you can however have them removed by force.

with conjoined twins or mother/fetuses, two sets of rights are in conflict, and the surviving twins rights supersede the rights of the dependent one, just as the woman's rights supersede the fetus' rights.

Really? I have to give notice for an eviction, even then, during that time, my convenience supercedes their right to that notice? And yes, a woman's right to life does supersede a foetuses right to life, but her choice to terminate it doesn't.
I probably hate everything you stand for. (and on)

My political viewpoint: Social democratic liberal

Why I want to destroy the very fabric of society

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:03 pm

The ivain isles wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:no, you can however have them removed by force.

with conjoined twins or mother/fetuses, two sets of rights are in conflict, and the surviving twins rights supersede the rights of the dependent one, just as the woman's rights supersede the fetus' rights.

Really? I have to give notice for an eviction, even then, during that time, my convenience supercedes their right to that notice? And yes, a woman's right to life does supersede a foetuses right to life, but her choice to terminate it doesn't.

her right to her body supersedes the fetuses, just as a conjoined twins does.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Solarys wrote:3) And we are talking about the ones that "can". It is better to let 100 criminals escape than let one innocent suffer.

No it fucking isn't. Because then you allow 100 more innocents suffer as a result. What a stupid idea to run a society by.

actually it is the one we use, it is why we have presumed innocence, the prosecution must demonstrate guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, this is done to prevent the innocent from suffering.

Solarys
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Solarys » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:08 pm

Sociobiology wrote:
Solarys wrote:

actually they are removed in the exact same fashion

3) And we are talking about the ones that "can".

It is not that fetuses do not have rights , it is their rights lose when in direct conflict with the rights of an adult.
That is literally why babies cannot be terminated under normal circumstances, because their rights are no longer in direct conflict with an adults.

It is better to let 100 criminals escape than let one innocent suffer.

yes and?

1) Not in the exact same amount or rate.

2) As in you can take a cell from stomach lining and clone the entire human that way. I might have lived under a rock in this case, but the last time i checked that wasn't possible.

3) And that is what i am arguing about. That the mother should not get any more rights regarding the matter than the fetus unless it poses a medical risk for the mother.

3b) As in just because not all fetuses grow up to become human doesn't mean that they should be treated as anything less than human.

Blakk Metal wrote:...

When you have any sort of actual argument which you are willing to also present in the form of one, get back to me.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Solarys wrote:1) Not in the exact same amount or rate..

Are you kidding me? If you're worried about the rate/amount, then why are you grouping sperm and ovum? You DO know how many sperm are released upon ejaculation, right?
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The ivain isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The ivain isles » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Sociobiology wrote:
The ivain isles wrote:

her right to her body supersedes the fetuses, just as a conjoined twins does.

Nope, her body is there before the pregnancy is there afterwards, I've never seen a woman disappear after labour, and before your reel into me, I'm only saying that because I hate sound bites. What your saying effectively is that we should end a life if it makes somebody uncomfortable, I agree that if a pregnancy imposes a direct threat to the mothers life, the pregnancy should be ended, but I don't think a woman should be allowed to terminate a child after an iq test, or based on eye colour or hair colour, and justify that by saying its her body, when it is effectively, her child's hair, her child's eyes, and her child's IQ. Also, in any moral issue, rights will invariably come into conflict somehow, it's why we balance the rights of the tenant with those of the landlord which come into question, it's the landlords property, yet that doesn't nullify the rights of the tenant.
Last edited by The ivain isles on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:13 pm

The ivain isles wrote: What your saying effectively is that we should end a life if it makes somebody uncomfortable

No, he's saying that they CAN, not that they should.

The ivain isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The ivain isles » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
The ivain isles wrote: What your saying effectively is that we should end a life if it makes somebody uncomfortable

No, he's saying that they CAN, not that they should.

I'll concede that one, my bad for misspeaking.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Solarys wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:actually they are removed in the exact same fashion

yes and?

so whats the cut off point?
And please justify this point.

2) As in you can take a cell from stomach lining and clone the entire human that way. I might have lived under a rock in this case, but the last time i checked that wasn't possible.

see Dolly.
it is not technologically feasible right now, but that might change any day now.
It is very possible.

3) And that is what i am arguing about. That the mother should not get any more rights regarding the matter than the fetus unless it poses a medical risk for the mother.

why, why does the child have a greater right to her body than she does?

Also all pregnancies poses medical risks.

3b) As in just because not all fetuses grow up to become human doesn't mean that they should be treated as anything less than human.

they are treated as human, they are not treated as full persons, they are not treated as fully independent adults with the full rights thereof.
This is exactly the reason I keep bringing up the conjoined twins.

Solarys
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Solarys » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:
Solarys wrote:
When you have any sort of actual argument which you are willing to also present in the form of one, get back to me.

http://www.thelizlibrary.org/site-index/site-index-frame.html#soulhttp://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/004.htm

Linking to some random site with no explanation of what or why and without any input from your part is no more argument than me replying with a link to google search.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:24 pm

The ivain isles wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:her right to her body supersedes the fetuses, just as a conjoined twins does.

Nope, her body is there before the pregnancy is there afterwards, I've never seen a woman disappear after labour, and before your reel into me, I'm only saying that because I hate sound bites. What your saying effectively is that we should end a life if it makes somebody uncomfortable,

Ok so If I abduct you in the night and stitch you to a person in a vegetative state in such a way that your separation will kill one of you, you should be forced to spend the rest of your life attached to said vegetable.

Or better yet I could just cut out a few of your organs against your sill to implant into those needing replacement organs.

I agree that if a pregnancy imposes a direct threat to the mothers life, the pregnancy should be ended, but I don't think a woman should be allowed to terminate a child after an iq test, or based on eye colour or hair colour, and justify that by saying its her body, when it is effectively, her child's hair, her child's eyes, and her child's IQ. Also, in any moral issue, rights will invariably come into conflict somehow, it's why we balance the rights of the tenant with those of the landlord which come into question, it's the landlords property, yet that doesn't nullify the rights of the tenant.

actually it does nullify their right to occupy it.
this is why I cant just show up at your house, that you are living in, and start living there against your will, you can have me forcibly removed.

either the woman is strapped down to a table for 9 months, greatly violating her rights, or the offending fetus is removed, which is roughly equivalent to shooting a rat.
Last edited by Sociobiology on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solarys
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Solarys » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Sociobiology wrote:
Solarys wrote:

so whats the cut off point?

see Dolly.
it is not technologically feasible right now, but that might change any day now.
It is very possible.

they are treated as human, they are not treated as full persons, they are not treated as fully independent adults with the full rights thereof.

1) More like i can equate a zygote to a fetus but not a sperm or ovum due to their similarities differences.

2) Yes, that is what i was talking about. It requires the egg cell doesn't it ? which unless i am mistaken is not just cells from stomach lining.

3) And that is what i am saying is wrong.

Also conjoined twins are different and also the situation is permanent unless surgically separated. And do note that i am pro-abortion if pregnancy carries a serious health risk for the mother or something.

Solarys
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Solarys » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Sociobiology wrote:either the woman is strapped down to a table for 9 months, greatly violating her rights, or the offending fetus is removed, which is roughly equivalent to shooting a rat.

That to some is equivalent to shooting a human being. So yeah, i'd rather have her strapped down to a table.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Solarys wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:either the woman is strapped down to a table for 9 months, greatly violating her rights, or the offending fetus is removed, which is roughly equivalent to shooting a rat.

That to some is equivalent to shooting a human being. So yeah, i'd rather have her strapped down to a table.

It's always nice to see people admit they view women as human incubation machines.

The ivain isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The ivain isles » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:32 pm

Sociobiology wrote:
The ivain isles wrote:
Nope, her body is there before the pregnancy is there afterwards, I've never seen a woman disappear after labour, and before your reel into me, I'm only saying that because I hate sound bites. What your saying effectively is that we should end a life if it makes somebody uncomfortable,

Ok so If I abduct you in the night and stitch you to a person in a vegetative state in such a way that your separation will kill one of you, you should be forced to spend the rest of your life attached to said vegetable.

I agree that if a pregnancy imposes a direct threat to the mothers life, the pregnancy should be ended, but I don't think a woman should be allowed to terminate a child after an iq test, or based on eye colour or hair colour, and justify that by saying its her body, when it is effectively, her child's hair, her child's eyes, and her child's IQ. Also, in any moral issue, rights will invariably come into conflict somehow, it's why we balance the rights of the tenant with those of the landlord which come into question, it's the landlords property, yet that doesn't nullify the rights of the tenant.

actually it does nullify their right to occupy it.
this is why I cant just show up at your house, that you are living in, and start living there against your will, you can have me forcibly removed.

either the woman is strapped down to a table for 9 months, greatly violating her rights, or the offending fetus is removed, which is roughly equivalent to shooting a rat.

Are you suggesting a woman who gets pregnant is going to spend the rest of her life pregnant?

Maybe back in the 1800s, but we've had a few land reform acts since then, and are you suggesting that women just magically get pregnant out of the blue?

Since when have pregnant women been strapped down on tables for nine months? I seriously missed a memo on that one, and since when did rats develop into adult humans??????? Now, that stuffs seriously scary. :eek:

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Solarys wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:so whats the cut off point?

see Dolly.
It is very possible.

1) More like i can equate a zygote to a fetus but not a sperm or ovum due to their similarities differences.

such as?

2) Yes, that is what i was talking about. It requires the egg cell doesn't it ? which unless i am mistaken is not just cells from stomach lining.

actually we can make egg cells (ova) from stomach lining cells.

3) And that is what i am saying is wrong.

so we should cut your donatable organs out against your will to help other people?

Also conjoined twins are different and also the situation is permanent unless surgically separated.

what does that have to do with it?
in both cases it is unwilling.
in both cases a dependent and a independent human are in conflict over the use of a organs.

And do note that i am pro-abortion if pregnancy carries a serious health risk for the mother or something.
[/quote]
I am pro abortion up until the delivery, and pro termination if the human is in a dependent state that if terminated will drastically improve the standard of living of the independent human.
Last edited by Sociobiology on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General