NATION

PASSWORD

Winners 9th Posters Awards

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:12 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:
Anti-Social Darwinism wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:I didn't win anything? For shame... :(

Well, I didn't either. Besides, you're a winner in my eyes.

Well, if it counts for anything, I did nominate you for the Bronze award...

I know, I love ya for it. :kiss:

Actually my response was to ASD, I nominate you for best new poster Buffy...

:evil:
*burns Dyakovo*
*remembers that he's right*
Oh... :p

I'm always right... except when I'm wrong.

Except for that one time in Panama when you said the Authorities wouldn't search our luggage!
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:13 pm

SaintB wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:

*burns Dyakovo*

Except for that one time in Panama when you said the Authorities wouldn't search our luggage!

That wasn't me being wrong, that was me being an ass...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
SaintB wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:

*burns Dyakovo*

That wasn't me being wrong, that was me being an ass...

Speaking of asses, they had very cold hands :evil:
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Hammurab
Minister

Founded: Dec 03, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Hammurab » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:16 pm

I'd like to thank the academy for the Golden Trophy and the Award for Sarcasm (yeah, that's a huge honor :roll: ) and further, I'd like to give my respects to-

**is shoved away from keyboard by Kanye West**
This is a fucking robbery. Lone Back Rat had one the best threads of all time, and he deserved the Golden Trophy. Lone Back Rat was robbed.

And Katganistan doesn't care about black people.
"You can't be promising forever, George. Sooner or later, you must do something"

-The Libertine.

Neo Kervoskia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Kervoskia » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Pevisopolis wrote:What happened to Best Communist and Best Capitalist?

Added it. Congrats. You won.
The Great Satan

“Aww dat gwittews is gowd”
- Koth
Griffin Rahl-Montresor
Delgate (Ret.), Osiris Fraternal Order
Delegate (Ret.), The North Pacific
Card-Carrying Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrants Club
Propagandist Extraordinaire of The Empire

Anti-Social Darwinism
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Anti-Social Darwinism » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

:kiss:

You and Yootopia - I luvs ya both. (and almost everyone else here, too).
NSG's resident curmudgeon.

Add 6,771 posts from the old NSG.

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

Aww cheers :hug:
End the Modigarchy now.

Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:43 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

Thanks for the (Muravyet's) fruitcake award. :hug:

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:06 pm

SaintB wrote:You know I'm confused about something? Is the LG Award for Humor named that because he wins every year?

Actually, I think it was an attempt to give other funny people a shot at it. It's only been partially effective. I know I haven't won it every time, but I know I've won it twice since it has been named after me. I make it a point never to nominate myself for that award. In fact, I think the only award I ever nominated myself for was the Insanity award. I hadn't won one yet and I felt deprived. :p

I try very hard to be entertaining and knowing that people have been entertained is a very satisfying feeling for me. Still, I'd like to see some of the people who entertain me win more often.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

The Rifle Brigade
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rifle Brigade » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
SaintB wrote:You know I'm confused about something? Is the LG Award for Humor named that because he wins every year?

Actually, I think it was an attempt to give other funny people a shot at it. It's only been partially effective. I know I haven't won it every time, but I know I've won it twice since it has been named after me. I make it a point never to nominate myself for that award. In fact, I think the only award I ever nominated myself for was the Insanity award. I hadn't won one yet and I felt deprived. :p

I try very hard to be entertaining and knowing that people have been entertained is a very satisfying feeling for me. Still, I'd like to see some of the people who entertain me win more often.

Lunatic Goofballs doesn't care about black people!
I'll trade a woman's sense of equality for safety. -Bladeslayer

I'm just saying if the only change you can point to is the change that was made, then it would appear it didn't really change all that much, did it? -Hiddenrun

I rarely, if ever, argue on a factual basis; my arguments are based on logic, or should be ignored. -Kashindahar

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:16 pm

The Rifle Brigade wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Lunatic Goofballs doesn't care about black people!

But I kicked a black person in the groin once, so clearly I'm not racist. :)

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:16 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Ahh I see, I would have nominated someone like Galloism for the Humor Award, because like yourself I think its more for second place than for yourself :ugeek: I also thought of nominating New Mitanni but not for his jokes (I kid!).

Hmm we have the rare chance to delve into the mind of LG, whom here does entertain you?

Getbrett
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Getbrett » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:18 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Actually, I think it was an attempt to give other funny people a shot at it.

This statement has an arrogant presumption that you're funny.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Getbrett wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Its not arrogant to accept that other people think you are funny.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Getbrett wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Yep. 8)

Hunter S. Thompson

Waterlow
Ambassador

Founded: May 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Waterlow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:30 pm

Lacadaemon = communist? :blink:

I'd give 'best sig' to LG.
To live in England for the pleasures of social intercourse - that would be like searching for flowers in a sandy desert. ~ Nikolai Karamzin

The English think very highly of their own humanity; I am willing to admit they are not inhuman... ~ Louis Simond

The people of England choose to be, in a great measure, without Law and without Police; they have reached a very distinguished point in industry and civilisation without them. ~ Morning Chronicle

On, on!

Intangelon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Intangelon » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Smunkeeville wrote:I finally won something besides the Zooke memorial award! :)

At leat you won something...and rightfully so.
+11,569 posts from Jolt/OMAC
Oh beautiful for pilgrim feet / Whose stern, impassioned stress / A thoroughfare for freedom beat / Across the wilderness!
America! America! / God mend thine ev’ry flaw; / Confirm thy soul in self-control / Thy liberty in law....

Lunatic Goofballs: The problem is that the invisible men in the sky don't tell you how to live your life.
Their fan clubs do.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Neo Kervoskia wrote:Congratulations to all the winners of the 9th Posters Awards!

The Grand Prix for General Debating
Grave_n_Idle

I don't traditionally pay much attention to these threads, so I was a little confused as to what 'award' Mitanni was talking about, to be honest.

I'd like to say something eloquent and humble, but I'll just say 'crikey, that was unexpected', instead... and mumble something about how the individual named is kind of unimportant, since it just represents one person picked from a group effort we call NSG.

Now, we return you to Taylor Swift.

:bow:
Last edited by Grave_n_idle on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I identify as
a problem

Intangelon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Intangelon » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:49 pm

New award might be "Best Refutation" -- the best destruction of someone's premise through the use of excellent logic, supporting links and the words of his opponent.

Congratulations to all who won. I'll have to increase my visibility if I want to win one. Thanks to LG for my one nomination.

Say, NK, is there a list of all nominations by category?
Oh beautiful for pilgrim feet / Whose stern, impassioned stress / A thoroughfare for freedom beat / Across the wilderness!
America! America! / God mend thine ev’ry flaw; / Confirm thy soul in self-control / Thy liberty in law....

Lunatic Goofballs: The problem is that the invisible men in the sky don't tell you how to live your life.
Their fan clubs do.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:54 pm

Intangelon wrote:New award might be "Best Refutation" -- the best destruction of someone's premise through the use of excellent logic, supporting links and the words of his opponent.

Congratulations to all who won. I'll have to increase my visibility if I want to win one. Thanks to LG for my one nomination.

That was your only one? :(

I think you are like a comfy couch that people take for granted until they replace it and realize the new couch sucks. Well, I've noticed and you aren't going anywhere. :)

Hunter S. Thompson

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:57 pm

Getbrett wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Granted, not everyone will think LG is funny, but apparently there's enough of us that think he's funny, that there's a humor award named after him. Then there's also the fact that he's won the humor award multiple times.
Last edited by Gun Manufacturers on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control is like trying to solve drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars.

Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...

Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo

Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.

Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

Intangelon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Intangelon » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:59 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Intangelon wrote:New award might be "Best Refutation" -- the best destruction of someone's premise through the use of excellent logic, supporting links and the words of his opponent.

That was your only one? :(

I think you are like a comfy couch that people take for granted until they replace it and realize the new couch sucks. Well, I've noticed and you aren't going anywhere. :)

Aw...I'm a couch! Naugahyde! :hug:

Their fan clubs do.

Neo Kervoskia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Kervoskia » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Intangelon wrote:

In excel.
The Great Satan

“Aww dat gwittews is gowd”
- Koth
Griffin Rahl-Montresor
Delgate (Ret.), Osiris Fraternal Order
Delegate (Ret.), The North Pacific
Card-Carrying Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrants Club
Propagandist Extraordinaire of The Empire

Hydesland
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Hydesland » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:18 pm

This reward would probably be an insult to good debate, since people on this forum think that a 'good refutation' is one that merely is incredibly long, has good vocabulary and has very subtle ad hominems in the form of irritatingly psuedo-intellectual psychological analysis of the opponent and his 'obvious' ulterior motive behind his post. The groupthink effect will take place in the form of a subsequent circlejerk around how much that poster just 'annihilated' his opponent, with continuing reference to his opponent in the third person whilst not actually addressing him personally.
Last edited by Hydesland on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Getbrett
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Getbrett » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Hydesland wrote:

This reward would probably be an insult to good debate, since people on this forum think that a 'good refutation' is one that merely is incredibly long, has good vocabulary and has very subtle ad hominems in the form of irritatingly psuedo-intellectual psychological analysis of the opponent and his 'obvious' ulterior motive behind his post. The groupthink effect will take place in the form of a subsequent circlejerk around how much that poster just 'annihilated' his opponent, with continuing reference to his opponent in the third person whilst not actually addressing him personally.

Getbrett annihilates Hydesland. Getbrett wins.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General