NATION

PASSWORD

Federal Reserve Terror Plot Folied

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Das Schmutzige Huhn
Envoy

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Federal Reserve Terror Plot Folied

Postby Das Schmutzige Huhn » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 pm

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/17/man-arrested-in-plot-to-blow-up-federal-reserve-bank-in-new-york/comment-page-1/

when i heard this on the radio in my car. and im like this guy is an idiot how in the world are supposed to destroy the Federal Reserve New York City Branch an say that will destroy America. 9/11 couldn't even do that. people like him are idiots for even trying to plan a Post 9/11 terror attack.

So NS what be your thoughts on the topic
Hermes: Like my granny used to say back in her tar paper shack on Montego Bay, "If you want a box thrown into the sun, you got to do it yourself."

Professor: “YOUR GRANNY CAN GO TO HELL!"

Das Schmutzige Huhn
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Das Schmutzige Huhn » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:16 pm

try to keep your posts on topic please
Hermes: Like my granny used to say back in her tar paper shack on Montego Bay, "If you want a box thrown into the sun, you got to do it yourself."

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Loretta Lynn? She'll say this may be "The Beginning of the End", "The End of the World", but she'll still "Walk Away From the Wreck".

The terrorist is ignorant. We don't care about our banks. Attack something more central to our culture.

Like Hollywood, or Vegas (seriously)

or a sporting venue (seriously)

or 32 ounce sweetened drinks (not so serious, but still...)
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:31 pm

The Fed building in Lower Manhattan is pretty ugly. A little urban renewal might not be a bad thing, provided we get everyone and everything out first.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Das Schmutzige Huhn
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Das Schmutzige Huhn » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:36 pm

do you know that the NYC Branch is more secure then FT.KNOX and may store a butt load of gold.

Info Sources are from televison shows like Nat Geo

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Das Schmutzige Huhn wrote:do you know that the NYC Branch is more secure then FT.KNOX and may store a butt load of gold.

I'm sure that's true. It's still a butt-ugly pile of rock.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Das Schmutzige Huhn wrote:do you know that the NYC Branch is more secure then FT.KNOX and may store a butt load of gold.

I'm sure that's true. It's still a butt-ugly pile of rock.

If it looked good more people might try to steal the gold.
No one suspects the ugly duckling is the one that will one day lay golden eggs.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Name of suspect Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafism.

Woohooo, not going to be blamed on right wingers.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Damn, I was hoping that this was going to be a thread by some loony gold bug about the Fed not getting to authorize more money being printed. Instead it's about an actual terror plot being foiled. Now I have to worry about more bombs and I don't have ridiculous hyperbole and misinformation to laugh at.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:Damn, I was hoping that this was going to be a thread by some loony gold bug about the Fed not getting to authorize more money being printed. Instead it's about an actual terror plot being foiled. Now I have to worry about more bombs and I don't have ridiculous hyperbole and misinformation to laugh at.

It does, however, prove that anyone who wants to get rid of the Fed is for America crumbling economically. ;)
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Unidox
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Unidox » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:59 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:Damn, I was hoping that this was going to be a thread by some loony gold bug about the Fed not getting to authorize more money being printed. Instead it's about an actual terror plot being foiled. Now I have to worry about more bombs and I don't have ridiculous hyperbole and misinformation to laugh at.

Nah, instead what you will be hearing is whether this is a win or loss for Obama on domestic security.
Caninope wrote:It's NSG. The 20th Circle of LIMBO!

Buffett and Colbert wrote:Always here to ruin the day. 8)

Living Freedom Land wrote:Oh, so now you want gay people to take part in the sacred institution of tax rebates too? You liberals sicken me.

Lacadaemon wrote:I mean, hell, in a properly regulated market, pension stripping schemes like Zynga wouldn't ever have a sniff of an IPO (see Groupon). But it's all wild westy now. Lie down with dogs and so forth.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:06 pm

greed and death wrote:Name of suspect Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafism.

What kind of a name is "Quasi Mohammad", anyway? :?
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Maltropia wrote:

He's a demi-prophet, of course.
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:09 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Maltropia wrote:

He's a demi-prophet, of course.

As if.

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:11 pm

So, how long before "Obama planned the fake attack to get re-elected"?

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:13 pm

The Federal Reserve building in New York actually stores more gold than Fort Knox. It has potentially the largest gold reserve in the world.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Yankee Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yankee Empire » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Khadgar wrote:So, how long before "Obama planned the fake attack to get re-elected"?

XD Before I read it I thought this was a conspiracy thread saying the Federal Rserve was behind a terror plot.
Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

Pro: U.S.,Diplomatic Militarism, Imperialism, Patriotism/Civic Nationalism, Cosmopolitanism, Stoicism, Authoritarianism, Classical Liberalism, Unionism, Centralization (usually), Federalism, Corporatism.
Anti:Tribalism, Seccessionism(usually),Decentralization,Pure Capitalism/State controlled economics, Misanthropy,Cruelty, Cowardice, Pacifism,Hedonism, Corporitocracy.
Vice-Chairman of the National-Imperialist-FreedomParty
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."-Carl Schurz

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Farnhamia wrote:The Fed building in Lower Manhattan is pretty ugly. A little urban renewal might not be a bad thing, provided we get everyone and everything out first.

And I kinda like it, it looks like a federal bank should look. oh well

I have a bangideshi friend, I think I will call him and hassle him tomorrow.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Khadgar wrote:So, how long before "Obama planned the fake attack to get re-elected"?

Depends on if Glenn Beck has a new book.

Or when Alex Jones emerges from his coffin.
Last edited by Death Metal on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Das Schmutzige Huhn
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Das Schmutzige Huhn » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:17 pm

He maybe has a secret back up plan to blame the republicans for this incident :p

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Maltropia wrote:

We call him "qwaz", for short.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Phew...almost hurts the lizard Zionist plan for World Domination.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Das Schmutzige Huhn wrote:http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/17/man-arrested-in-plot-to-blow-up-federal-reserve-bank-in-new-york/comment-page-1/

when i heard this on the radio in my car. and im like this guy is an idiot how in the world are supposed to destroy the Federal Reserve New York City Branch an say that will destroy America. 9/11 couldn't even do that. people like him are idiots for even trying to plan a Post 9/11 terror attack.

Riddle me this....

Who is dumber? The man plotting to blow up an ugly building, or the guy who can't even be bothered to proofread his post past a 3rd grade level calling him an idiot?

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Galborg
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galborg » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:27 pm

So, instead of gold in bricks, there will be a pool of gold, concrete and crap worth 97% of the bricks.

Big deal.
The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is you can never be sure if they are real. - Mark Twain

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Das Schmutzige Huhn wrote:http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/17/man-arrested-in-plot-to-blow-up-federal-reserve-bank-in-new-york/comment-page-1/

Riddle me this....

Who is dumber? The man plotting to blow up an ugly building, or the guy who can't even be bothered to proofread his post past a 3rd grade level calling him an idiot?

How about the pedantic jackass, who has nothing to add to a thread but a criticism of grammar mistake. Not everyone speaks english as a first language here.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General