NATION

PASSWORD

Rape Thread [SAFE SPACE - Mod Enforced]

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:39 am

Rereumrari wrote:
The Steel Magnolia wrote:
Reading really isn`t your strong suit, is it.
He wouldn't delete my post, so it made it pretty hard to not come back to this thread. If I get banned, at least my "view posts" section will be cleared and I won't see this thread there.

It's actually pretty easy. You know what you do when you see the thread? You mark it as read and *gasp* ignore it.
password scrambled

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 am

Condunum wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Oh Condy, I am so sorry you had to go through this. :hug:

Hang tough.

Thanks nana. You of all people know the things I've gone through so I suppose of anyone, your sympathies mean the most. It means much to me.

To everyone else I've failed to thank, thank you. The support does help a bit, but this is something that's going to take me a while.

Yes, I was aware you were struggling with some things but I had no idea this had happened.

As I told the OP once, I can't even begin to imagine what you went through, what you're going through. All I know is that my heart and my thoughts go to you, that I hope you overcome this, that you have all my support, inasmuch as I can give it, that you know how to contact me (whenever) and that I commend you on your bravery to come forward and talk about your experience. this couldn't have been easy.

Much love, C. :hug:
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:43 am

Condunum wrote:I'm hoping that this isn't too old to be a gravedig, I just figured this was the right place to share.

About... A month ago, I was raped. I was raped by a girl who I thought was a very good friend of mine, but I know I can't do anything about it. All I can really say is that I went to her house, we got high (and that's why I can't speak up) and then she told me I can either have sex with her or get the fuck out. Wouldn't have been a problem, but she was paying for the gas money for me to get home. So I had to comply. And now, this is the first time I've spoken up about it.

I'm so sorry it happened. Please know that I feel very upset about that, especially since it was so recent. :hug:

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:43 am

Rereumrari wrote:
The Steel Magnolia wrote:
Reading really isn`t your strong suit, is it.
He wouldn't delete my post, so it made it pretty hard to not come back to this thread. If I get banned, at least my "view posts" section will be cleared and I won't see this thread there.

No, no. See that's NOT how this works. You don't need me to hold your hand to obey instructions to stay out of the thread.

But since you have proven yourself incapable of that, I WILL hand hold you, kinda.

Here's your ban, *** Three day ban for failure to follow Moderator instructions ***.

Now stay out.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:47 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Condunum wrote:Thanks nana. You of all people know the things I've gone through so I suppose of anyone, your sympathies mean the most. It means much to me.

To everyone else I've failed to thank, thank you. The support does help a bit, but this is something that's going to take me a while.

Yes, I was aware you were struggling with some things but I had no idea this had happened.

As I told the OP once, I can't even begin to imagine what you went through, what you're going through. All I know is that my heart and my thoughts go to you, that I hope you overcome this, that you have all my support, inasmuch as I can give it, that you know how to contact me (whenever) and that I commend you on your bravery to come forward and talk about your experience. this couldn't have been easy.

Much love, C. :hug:

Thanks nana. You can be certain that of anyone, you'll be who I come to if I need help. You've always been there for me and I thank you for that. :hug:
password scrambled

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:49 am

Aeken wrote:
Condunum wrote:I'm hoping that this isn't too old to be a gravedig, I just figured this was the right place to share.

About... A month ago, I was raped. I was raped by a girl who I thought was a very good friend of mine, but I know I can't do anything about it. All I can really say is that I went to her house, we got high (and that's why I can't speak up) and then she told me I can either have sex with her or get the fuck out. Wouldn't have been a problem, but she was paying for the gas money for me to get home. So I had to comply. And now, this is the first time I've spoken up about it.

I'm so sorry it happened. Please know that I feel very upset about that, especially since it was so recent. :hug:

No need to feel upset, but I appreciate your sympathies.
password scrambled

The Republique Dardania and Gazmania
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republique Dardania and Gazmania » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:59 am

Condunum wrote:To everyone else I've failed to thank, thank you. The support does help a bit, but this is something that's going to take me a while.

Things as traumatic as this usually take a while when it comes to (emotionally) healing one’s self, to use the old corny saying “time heals all wounds”.
Therapists tend to be a good idea too, but I’ve always liked the saying; “you are your own best psychiatrist” –at times.
But, if you ever need to vent out about anything … you have us man. :hug:

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:04 am

Condunum wrote:
Aeken wrote:I'm so sorry it happened. Please know that I feel very upset about that, especially since it was so recent. :hug:

No need to feel upset, but I appreciate your sympathies.

Well, it was more of a depressed feeling of upset, and after reading what happened, I had to say what I felt was needed for you.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 am

The Republique Dardania and Gazmania wrote:
Condunum wrote:To everyone else I've failed to thank, thank you. The support does help a bit, but this is something that's going to take me a while.

Things as traumatic as this usually take a while when it comes to (emotionally) healing one’s self, to use the old corny saying “time heals all wounds”.
Therapists tend to be a good idea too, but I’ve always liked the saying; “you are your own best psychiatrist” –at times.

I've been on and off with a therapist. I haven't been to one for a few months, because my parents told me that they can't afford it on their insurance anymore, so I have to save up some.

Lucky me, my best friend's mom loves me and found me a therapist who chargest based on your income.
password scrambled

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Condunum wrote:

I've been on and off with a therapist. I haven't been to one for a few months, because my parents told me that they can't afford it on their insurance anymore, so I have to save up some.

Lucky me, my best friend's mom loves me and found me a therapist who chargest based on your income.

I'm glad about that. It can work wonders having someone to talk to :hug:
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

The party don't start till I walk in
-Tik Tok, by Christopher Columbus

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Condunum wrote:

*hug* I know a hug doesn't really do much, all things considered with what happened, but you have a lot of people here that are concerned for you and hope that you're able to get through this in time. We're all here for you.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Condunum wrote:

Aaaand once more, we have an example of society systematically abusing rape victims after the fact. Insurance won't fork over money to pay for a therapist, but pills are ALWAYS an option of course...

Stay strong Condy. You're doing the right thing by seeking therapy and actually talking about it, it does wonders. The other question is will you be seeking justice for what's been done?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:03 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Condunum wrote:I've been on and off with a therapist. I haven't been to one for a few months, because my parents told me that they can't afford it on their insurance anymore, so I have to save up some.

Aaaand once more, we have an example of society systematically abusing rape victims after the fact. Insurance won't fork over money to pay for a therapist, but pills are ALWAYS an option of course...

Stay strong Condy. You're doing the right thing by seeking therapy and actually talking about it, it does wonders. The other question is will you be seeking justice for what's been done?

I can't. It's over a month after the fact, I was high at the time and she can prove it.
password scrambled

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Rape Thread [SAFE SPACE - Mod Enforced]

Postby Katganistan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Rereumrari wrote:
Katganistan wrote:Did he want to? No.
Was he coerced? Yes.

It's rape.
He clearly said he was offered a choice between sex or leaving. Besides, f to m rape is not possible without outside tools. This can be logically proven too.

Imagine a man holding out a knife, arm stiff and straight out and he doesn't move at all. Then a woman rushes at the knife without warning and uses her body force to gain enough momentem to stab herself. Who is the stabber?

It can not be logically proven that there is no female to male rape because there are in fact women in prison for having done such a crime.

Your refusal to believe in reality doesn't change it a bit.
This is not the place for this discussion, so scram.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Condunum wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Aaaand once more, we have an example of society systematically abusing rape victims after the fact. Insurance won't fork over money to pay for a therapist, but pills are ALWAYS an option of course...

I can't. It's over a month after the fact, I was high at the time and she can prove it.

Thing is, being high isn't a crime. Possession of marijuana is a crime, but not being high. :)
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:31 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:
Condunum wrote:I can't. It's over a month after the fact, I was high at the time and she can prove it.

Thing is, being high isn't a crime. Possession of marijuana is a crime, but not being high. :)

Distribution most certainly is one, though.
password scrambled

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:40 pm

I wish it didn't fucking matter...holy fucking hell. Do you know what those defense attorneys over in Ohio are saying about those football players? "Oh they were ok to do it because she didn't really say no!" Fuck that shit. No one should be above the law regardless of celebrity status when it comes to rape or any crime! Come on!

/rant

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 pm

See how fast they convict if her relatives kneecap the athletes, though.

Her relatives, not the athletes.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:I wish it didn't fucking matter...holy fucking hell. Do you know what those defense attorneys over in Ohio are saying about those football players? "Oh they were ok to do it because she didn't really say no!" Fuck that shit. No one should be above the law regardless of celebrity status when it comes to rape or any crime! Come on!

/rant

Here's the thing: It is rape until she says yes. That's how it works. Consent is given, not assumed, EVER.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Katganistan wrote:See how fast they convict if her relatives kneecap the athletes, though.

Her relatives, not the athletes.

It's disgusting to say the least.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:08 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:People are threatening to rape a 14 year old friend of mine and posting harassing comments about it toward her. I'm mobilizing the facebook feminist community to help me get them removed, but it makes me sick to think it's even possible that people do this.

If they weren't hiding on the internet I'd be on probation for assault right now, as I'd have taken them out. I'm so pissed off.

I don't get how people think that's a good idea even when they are hiding behind their computers.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Rereumrari wrote:
Saiwania wrote:
While female on male rape is rarer, it is every bit as destructive. My condolences that you ended up having to go through this horrendous experience.
Yeah, I really don't think what she did to him was anywhere near as destructive as what he could have done to her. What he is describing isn't even really rape, it's more along the lines of blackmail. He claims he didnt have a choice, but there was always another way home. He just chose the easiest way to get home.

What she did is still unacceptable, and just as destructive.

Sorry you had to go through that Condy. :(
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:Yeah, I don't see it as "small town USA". I have never heard of something similar myself, though.

Before that neither had I. I would think confidentiality would prevent that kind of thing, even if we weren't talking about rape. But to talk about funny rape stories...rape is never funny.

If he doesn't say who the people involved were, then it's not a confidentiality issue.
Last edited by Nazi Flower Power on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThirdPrizeYoureFired
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ThirdPrizeYoureFired » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:38 am

:hug: I'm really sorry this happened. It's a horrible crime and nobody should have to go through it.

I am still waiting on therapy, but I paid for crisis intervention therapy and it was amazingly helpful. If you have the ability, I would recommend it. This thread has helped me quite a bit as well. Assholes do pop in, but the mods are generally good at dealing with them. The majority of people are pretty supportive here.

My TG box is always open too.
Conscentia wrote:Those were no hobbits. They were goblins in disguise. You just sold NZ to Mordor.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:30 am

New England and The Maritimes wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I wish it didn't fucking matter...holy fucking hell. Do you know what those defense attorneys over in Ohio are saying about those football players? "Oh they were ok to do it because she didn't really say no!" Fuck that shit. No one should be above the law regardless of celebrity status when it comes to rape or any crime! Come on!

/rant

Here's the thing: It is rape until she says yes. That's how it works. Consent is given, not assumed, EVER.

Additionally, if consent is retracted, then the continuation of the act after that retraction constitutes as rape. And if she hadn't consented earlier in the session, that constitutes as rape. (I know, NE, that kind of contradicts you statement, but I do somewhat think it is closer to what the case should be. Unless both parties consent, there should be no action whatsoever. It's about respecting a person's choice.)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General