NATION

PASSWORD

Tea Party for Obama?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 pm

I'm kind of torn as to whether I'm surprised or not. On the one hand, I'm surprised that a group of Tea Partiers has seen the light on the subject, but on the other, I'm not really surprised because that light was bright as hell, so to speak.

Jinos
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Jinos » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:59 pm

Sevesteria wrote:Obama is ruining America... He is putting America in greater debt! We need a true patriot America, A true leader we can trust.

Funny. Republicans weren't whining about the debt when Bush was doing it.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

Map of the Grand Commonwealth

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Jinos wrote:
Sevesteria wrote:Obama is ruining America... He is putting America in greater debt! We need a true patriot America, A true leader we can trust.

Because that was good debt. Nice, healthy debt incurred killing ay-rabs and blowing up sand! None of this mucky debt we're getting from Obama trying to improve the healthcare system or helping poor people and Mexicans!
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Birkinghamia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Birkinghamia » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 pm

They're obviously racist against white people. (sarcasm)
Last edited by Birkinghamia on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 0.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67

Christian, moderate, New Yorker.
Ich spreche Deutsch.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Maurepas wrote:I'm kind of torn as to whether I'm surprised or not. On the one hand, I'm surprised that a group of Tea Partiers has seen the light on the subject, but on the other, I'm not really surprised because that light was bright as hell, so to speak.

*sighs*

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:
Maurepas wrote:I'm kind of torn as to whether I'm surprised or not. On the one hand, I'm surprised that a group of Tea Partiers has seen the light on the subject, but on the other, I'm not really surprised because that light was bright as hell, so to speak.

*sighs*

Coming from me that's a negative against Obama. I think he's conservative enough for them and they very well could have realized it.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if I believe its authenticity or not.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Equal opportunity extremism. Finally we're getting somewhere.

Demphor
Senator

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Demphor » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Tea Party for Obama?
Get money out of politics, join Wolf PAC
iiWikiNational Anthem of Demphor
“When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?"
~ John Maynard Keynes

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm

So you have anybody in mind, or just empty sloganeering?
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Southland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Southland » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:00 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:
Jinos wrote:

Because that was good debt. Nice, healthy debt incurred killing ay-rabs and blowing up sand! None of this mucky debt we're getting from Obama trying to improve the healthcare system or helping poor people and Mexicans!

Dude, just shut up. You choose to hate Obama, which is fine by me as we all have different opinions on him, but I will not tolerate you bringing up your xenophobic and racist into this.
Disserbia wrote:swaziland on acid and jesus

Ealdracaland wrote:I get a weird vibe from the sun on the flag. It feels like it's looking at me with malicious intent.
Verkhoyanska wrote:Condemn for having that creepy looking sun in your flag. IT'S STARING INTO MY SOUL.

Reloviskistan wrote:Unrelated: AN's flag looks like a mural on the wall of a Mexican restaurant

Valehart wrote:That flag's face is high on something that's illegal in most countries

Spiritkin Village wrote:Banned for you constantly implying you got all this lore, yet have no factbooks. Like at this point it is just a tease.
Novaya Tselinoyarsk wrote:In defiance everyone should go on protest with a Big Gulp.

(Image)

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Southland wrote:
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Because that was good debt. Nice, healthy debt incurred killing ay-rabs and blowing up sand! None of this mucky debt we're getting from Obama trying to improve the healthcare system or helping poor people and Mexicans!

Dude, just shut up. You choose to hate Obama, which is fine by me as we all have different opinions on him, but I will not tolerate you bringing up your xenophobic and racist into this.

You really need to grasp the art of sarcasm.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Southland wrote:
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Because that was good debt. Nice, healthy debt incurred killing ay-rabs and blowing up sand! None of this mucky debt we're getting from Obama trying to improve the healthcare system or helping poor people and Mexicans!

Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:25 am

The best thing about this is how annoyed the establishment liberals will be that some tea party people, who the hate, are on "their" side now.

Or

the best thing about this is how annoyed the establishment conservatives will be that their pet astroturf project got votes for obama.

Either way, this is funny.
Last edited by Natapoc on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

Ourfgenstan (Ancient)
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ourfgenstan (Ancient) » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:44 am

Jinos wrote:Does this mean we can put Obama on the Republican ticket instead?

I'd like a REAL progressive to run on the Democratic ticket, not some FAKE.

Has Obama even claimed to be a Progressive before? I remember he claimed to be a Blue dog, and he mocked progressives once talking about how Progressives were a problem.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:47 am

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Yeah, they mean the 10% of Democrats who always votes Republican :P

So, there must be Republicans who vote Democrat, non?

Well, until last year, I was a registered Republican who voted Democrat or third-party more often than I voted Republican... Of course that was due to the fact that, where I live, you apparently aren't allowed to just leave a party...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:49 am

Jinos wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:
You think any of the other Democrats are better?

No seriously, are they? I don't know enough about them.

Hillary Clinton looked very promising.

:rofl:
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Yorick
Envoy

Founded: Jan 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yorick » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:50 am

Well this shouldn't really be surprising. Obama acts like a typical neocon Republican anyway.
"Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you."
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, (1973).

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:54 am

Yorick wrote:Well this shouldn't really be surprising. Obama acts like a typical neocon Republican anyway.

Fixed.
Married to Koshka

Yorick
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yorick » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:56 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Yorick wrote:Well this shouldn't really be surprising. Obama acts like a typical neocon Republican anyway.

Fixed.

Well, certainly they infest both parties.
"Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you."

Ourfgenstan (Ancient)
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ourfgenstan (Ancient) » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:58 am

I wouldn't go that far. He's more of a pushover Centrist.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:08 am

Ourfgenstan wrote:

How is he a centrist when both the Republicans and Democrats are right-wing authoritarian parties?
Married to Koshka

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:09 am

Ourfgenstan wrote:

He's a pushover centrist according to the US Voting Populace, but the US Voting Populace has a tendency to be authoritarian right-wing.

Yorick
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yorick » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:10 am

Ourfgenstan wrote:

Well let me put it this way, if Romney was President right now and Obama was running against him instead of the other way around would anything actually be different? I doubt it. Even ignoring them both wanting to bomb Syria and Iran for no good reason their stances on domestic issues like healthcare or corporate bail outs are the same.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:15 am

Yorick wrote:
Ourfgenstan wrote:

Well let me put it this way, if Romney was President right now and Obama was running against him instead of the other way around would anything actually be different? I doubt it. Even ignoring them both wanting to bomb Syria and Iran for no good reason their stances on domestic issues like healthcare or corporate bail outs are the same.

:blink:
Where did you get the idea that Obama wants to bomb Syria and Iran?
Married to Koshka

Yorick
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yorick » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:24 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Yorick wrote:

:blink:
Where did you get the idea that Obama wants to bomb Syria and Iran?

http://nation.foxnews.com/president-oba ... e-straight
http://news.antiwar.com/2011/12/23/obam ... e-mean-it/
http://web.archive.org/web/200706091639 ... &cset=true

He's threatened to attack Iran with air strikes multiple times since 2007. He fact he just threatened to bomb them if they close the Strait of Hormuz recently. And Syria certainly perceives the US as seriously on the verge of retaliating against them which given the precedent set by Libya really isn't that implausible. Certainly his rhetoric has been very aggressive. The only thing I can really praise him on is that at least he knows Israel is being ridiculous about the settlement issue, even if the only way you would actually know that is through that conversation with Sarko that got leaked.
Last edited by Yorick on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General