NATION

PASSWORD

One Ron Paul Thread to Rule Them All, one thread to find him

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Ravineworld wrote:
Cromarty wrote:Alaska is home to 8 people, and all of them are Polar Bears.

That isn't true either. Alaska has several hundred thousand citizens.

Sarcasm.
Retired

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Ravineworld wrote:
Cromarty wrote:Alaska is home to 8 people, and all of them are Polar Bears.

That isn't true either. Alaska has several hundred thousand citizens.

That's exactly something a polar bear masquerading as an american citizen would say.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Cromarty wrote:
Ravineworld wrote:That isn't true either. Alaska has several hundred thousand citizens.

That's exactly something a polar bear masquerading as an american citizen would say.

We should ask for his long form birth certificate to prove he is not a secret polar bear. :twisted:
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Ravineworld wrote:
Death Metal wrote:Even if he weren't, his policies are childish at best.

It's like he played SimCity one day and fancied himself a master politician and economist based on that alone.

Well, no. That's not fair. Because even in SimCity you can't run a government without taxes.

But you can run a government without taxes. If you privatize everything and basically let the states have their own governments, the fed can exist without taxes. Just look at alaska, they have no personal income tax, no sales tax, and the government pays several thousand dollars every year to the citizens of the state. So you are wrong

With money gained from what are essentially taxes...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:09 pm

Ravineworld wrote:
Natapoc wrote:

Alaska? You mean the quazi fascist state of Alaska? The welfare state of alaska with several state owned companies?

How do they run their state without charging their people taxes? Well, besides the state owned companies Alaska gets back $1.84 for ever dollar it's people spend in taxes from the federal government. In other words they are making a huge profit on federal taxes.

A profit skimmed off taxation of individuals in other states.

"Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell announced Friday that every eligible man, woman and child will receive $2,069, thanks to dividend payments from the state’s oil royalty investment program distributed annually. On top of that, the checks will include another $1,200 from the state treasury to help offset soaring fuel prices."

I did not know libertarians considered the state controlling industry and distributing the proceeds to people to be a good idea.

If there was no federal income tax, Alaska would have to straighten up and learn some fiscal responsibility.

Please give some sources.

Never heard of the Alaska Permanent Fund?
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:42 am

Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:53 am

Wikkiwallana wrote:Once again, Paul makes me want to vomit.

Hey, I saw that earlier, but as I didn't want to listen to yappering I didn't listen to the video. Therefore, as I could be sure that my reaction would correctly match what he said I just ignored it. Nice, to now how coverage of the issue where the details are written down thus I can discover that my initial disgust was correct.

I wonder how the Paul brigade are going to justify this.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Economic Left/Right: -3.12|Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

Who is Tom Joad?

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:54 am

Revolutopia wrote:

Hey, I saw that earlier, but as I didn't want to listen to yappering I didn't listen to the video. Therefore, as I could be sure that my reaction would correctly match what he said I just ignored it. Nice, to now how coverage of the issue where the details are written down thus I can discover that my initial disgust was correct.

Illuminati Lizardmen! *waves hand*
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:58 am

Allrule wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

That was funny once, maybe twice. Now it's just spam.

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:58 am

Allrule wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

Damn, Lizardmen them and their dastardly ways.

Through, lets be honest probably more of his supporters would just blame the Jews. Saying how he seems to get along so well with Stormfront and other White Nationalist websites.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Who is Tom Joad?

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:38 am

For me, the telling phrase:

"I do believe, though, very sincerely, if we don't have an understanding of life and have a lot of respect for life, I can't defend people on their personal liberties. I can't be as tolerant as I am on how they use liberties."

See, no inconsistency on his behalf, because he DOES support absolute liberty, but only if you hold the same belief structure and opinions as him. He can 'be tolerant' of your self-governance if you agree with him. He can 'defend people on their personal liberties' if they agree with him.

Ron Paul's true colours, right there - liberty and justice for.... well, the selected ideological purists that Ron Paul can tolerate.
Last edited by Grave_n_idle on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I identify as
a problem

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:42 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:

"I do believe, though, very sincerely, if we don't have an understanding of life and have a lot of respect for life, I can't defend people on their personal liberties. I can't be as tolerant as I am on how they use liberties."

See, no inconsistency on his behalf, because he DOES support absolute liberty, but only if you hold the same belief structure and opinions as him. He can 'be tolerant' of your self-governance if you agree with him. He can 'defend people on their personal liberties' if they agree with him.

Ron Paul's true colours, right there - liberty and justice for.... well, the selected ideological purists that Ron Paul can tolerate.

I was actually more upset about the "if it's honest rape" part.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:45 am

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

I don't even know what the hell "honest rape" is supposed to be. What, does the rapist say, "I'm going to rape you" before it happens?
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:46 am

Wikkiwallana wrote:I was actually more upset about the "if it's honest rape" part.

I just want to know what is a dishonest rape?

Who is Tom Joad?

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:51 am

Revolutopia wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:I was actually more upset about the "if it's honest rape" part.

Reading his comments made it seem like what he was trying to say was that if they weren't lying about being raped so that they would be given an abortion. Which is really, really freaking disgusting.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:14 am

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

Ah, indeed. That is disturbing. I'm not denying that. But given that he's pretty far into the anti-choice camp, it's not unexpected, even if it is disgusting.

So I'm less impressed by how disgusting or hypocritical Ron Paul is (since I expect it from the anti-choice camp), and more impressed by how Piers Morgan (Piers Morgan, of all people) managed to coax him into admitting that his liberty platform is selective, that it should be based on ideology, and that Ron Paul's position on it is dictatorial.
I identify as
a problem

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:16 am

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:I just want to know what is a dishonest rape?

Reading his comments made it seem like what he was trying to say was that if they weren't lying about being raped so that they would be given an abortion. Which is really, really freaking disgusting.

So is that like the Rape-rape the Republicans were talking about last year?

Who is Tom Joad?

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:22 am

Revolutopia wrote:

If you don't get the permits.

*nods*
I identify as
a problem

Streamland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Streamland » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:47 am

Revolutopia wrote:

Statutory rape. Or rape-charge-as-blackmail.

And don't tell me it doesn't happen.
At the beginning there was nothing except for Me and the Word. And then I used the Word to make everything. It was a fragile, entropic, continuously changing world that encompassed both light and darkness, sadness and joy, agony and ecstasy, sin and rescue. I looked down at that barely holding piece of mud, and it was good. I looked up at the entire universe, an unstable sandstorm of stars that would fade just as inevitably as the souls of man, and it was good. There was only one thing out of place, one thing that did not belong: Myself.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:53 am

Streamland wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:I just want to know what is a dishonest rape?

Statutory rape. Or rape-charge-as-blackmail.

And don't tell me it doesn't happen.

What, exactly, is dishonest about statutory rape?

Also, please provide evidence that "rape-charge-as-blackmail" is a significant problem.
Married to Koshka

Streamland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Streamland » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:57 am

It's dishonest in the sense that you can force someone to pay you money just because you were younger if you get pregnant, either that or a likely sentence to jail (when clearly both people are to blame). I've had a friend have this happen to him (he was 15, she was 14, age of consent here is 15).

I don't have statistics at hand, but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape

It says 8% or rape accusations are deemed false. And these are only the ones which have actually resulted in a not guilty, don't assume the system is perfect. That I would call problematic.
Last edited by Streamland on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
At the beginning there was nothing except for Me and the Word. And then I used the Word to make everything. It was a fragile, entropic, continuously changing world that encompassed both light and darkness, sadness and joy, agony and ecstasy, sin and rescue. I looked down at that barely holding piece of mud, and it was good. I looked up at the entire universe, an unstable sandstorm of stars that would fade just as inevitably as the souls of man, and it was good. There was only one thing out of place, one thing that did not belong: Myself.

Juristonia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Juristonia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:02 am

Streamland wrote:I've had a friend-

Irrelevant anecdotal evidence with nothing to back it up.

Streamland wrote:I don't have statistics at hand, but...

But nothing.
You have no statistics to back it up, thus no argument.

Streamland wrote:It says 8% or rape accusations are deemed false. And these are only the ones which have actually resulted in a not guilty, don't assume the system is perfect. That I would call problematic.

So if we're going to include the false sentences that we don't know about and can only really guess about, does that mean we can also include guilty parties getting away with their crimes by guessing about it?
Because rape has a very low conviction rate, if it even goes to trial.
From the river to the sea

Liriena wrote:Say what you will about fascists: they are remarkably consistent even after several decades of failing spectacularly elsewhere.

Ifreann wrote:Indeed, as far as I can recall only one poster has ever supported legalising bestiality, and he was fucking his cat and isn't welcome here any more, in no small part, I imagine, because he kept going on about how he was fucking his cat.

Cannot think of a name wrote:Anyway, I'm from gold country, we grow up knowing that when people jump up and down shouting "GOLD GOLD GOLD" the gold is gone and the only money to be made is in selling shovels.

And it seems to me that cryptocurrency and NFTs and such suddenly have a whooooole lot of shovel salespeople.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:41 am

Streamland wrote:It's dishonest in the sense that you can force someone to pay you money just because you were younger if you get pregnant, either that or a likely sentence to jail (when clearly both people are to blame). I've had a friend have this happen to him (he was 15, she was 14, age of consent here is 15).

It says 8% or rape accusations are deemed false. And these are only the ones which have actually resulted in a not guilty, don't assume the system is perfect. That I would call problematic.

Translation: "I've decided it is a big problem despite not having any evidence to back up such claims."
Married to Koshka

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Streamland wrote:It's dishonest in the sense that you can force someone to pay you money just because you were younger if you get pregnant, either that or a likely sentence to jail (when clearly both people are to blame). I've had a friend have this happen to him (he was 15, she was 14, age of consent here is 15).

And barely a tenth of rapes are actually reported
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Lessnt
Senator

Founded: Jul 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Cromarty wrote:

And barely a tenth of rapes are actually reported

What does any of this have to do with the topic?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General