NATION

PASSWORD

Rate Obama!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

How would you Rate Obama's Overall Performance?

A
21%
B
23%
C
11%
D
9%
F
31%
What do I care, I live in some isolated country
5%

Total votes : 150

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Rate Obama!

Postby Solm » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Rate Obama's Overall Performance So Far

Please elaborate below, and tell us Why you voted the way you did.
Last edited by Solm on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Rate Obama's Overall Performance So Far

Postby Saint Clair Island » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:01 pm

I'll rate his overall performance in 2012, when I have to decide whether or not to vote for him.

Until then, I don't really give a crap.
Signatures are for losers.

Brewdomia
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Rate Obama!

Postby Brewdomia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:02 pm

Prepare for the flame fest from the Conservatives

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:07 pm

Let's see if anyone gives him an F

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:09 pm

Solm wrote:Let's see if anyone gives him an F

Parthy, NM, and Robiston will all give him F's...
Of course they all would have given him Fs if you had made this thread in December of last year.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:10 pm

I give him three muffins. But I won't tell you out of how many. :)
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Solm wrote:Let's see if anyone gives him an F

Parthy, NM, and Robiston will all give him F's...
Of course they all would have given him Fs if you had made this thread in December of last year.

I think 'F' will be generous. I'm expecting a "Where's the X option? (Sauron)", at least.
I identify as
a problem

Sarkhaan
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarkhaan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Because we haven't done this fifteen times in the last week...

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:13 pm

I give hime a B. He hasn't had enough time to clean up the giant mess from the Clinton and Bush administration.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Sarkhaan wrote:Because we haven't done this fifteen times in the last week...

We have, actually, but only in the sense that Muslims pray to Mecca twice a day.
Signatures are for losers.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:15 pm

I decided on a B.
[*] He's not gonna be able to fix things up in one year or even in one term. Some things may be beyond repair, for that matter.
[*] Attempts to work with GOP.
[*] Getting some kind of universal health coverage plan in the works (at this point, almost anything in that department would be better than nothing).
[*] Kowtows to GOP way too much.
[*] LGBT rights (this one's a mixed bag - move too slowly and it looks like he won't even try; move too quickly and the backlash could reverse positive steps)
[*] Improving international relations.
[*] Refocusing on Afghanistan and has exit strategy for Iraq
Last edited by Milks Empire on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I give him three muffins. But I won't tell you out of how many. :)

I hope it's good. Muffins yummmmmmm!
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Greater Americania
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Americania » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:19 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:I give hime a B. He hasn't had enough time to clean up the giant mess from the Clinton and Bush administration.

Heh, I gave him a F because he's making it even bigger.
Federal Republic of Greater Americania: “Liberty, Soveriegnty, Freedom!”
Original Founder of the Nationalist Union
Member of the Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization

Nationalist Republic, governed by the National Republican Party
Economic Left/Right: 2.0, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.21
President: Austin Farley
Vice President: John Raimark
Secretary of State: Jason Lee
Secretary of Defense: Shane Tomlinson
Secretary of Federal Security: Ross Ferrell
-Chief of Interior Security Forces: General James Calley
Secretary of Territorial Administration: Brandon Terry
-Governor of Tlozuk: Jarod Harris
-Governor of Comaack: John Fargo
*Territories are foreign nations which have been annexed by the Federal Republic

King Zhaoxiang of Qin
Envoy

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby King Zhaoxiang of Qin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:20 pm

Milks Empire wrote:I decided on a B.
[*] He's not gonna be able to fix things up in one year or even in one term. Some things may be beyond repair, for that matter.
[*] Getting some kind of universal health coverage plan in the works (at this point, almost anything in that department would be better than nothing).
[*] LGBT rights (this one's a mixed bag - move too slowly and it looks like he won't even try; move too quickly and the backlash could reverse positive steps)

Many excellent points here, I thought.

I also took points away from him for his verbal blunders regarding the Gates/Crowley episode, but I gave him a B because I'm primarily interested in foreign policy and, IMO, his foreign policy has been excellent.

Aside from Hillary Clinton getting pissed at poor African children. But do you want a Secretary of State who isn't something of a psychopath?

I don't. They have to be cold-blooded people to do that job, and think no more of eating you up than they would taking out the garbage.
"Now you're being rude and I hate rude people"
- Hannibal Lecter

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:20 pm

Greater Americania wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:I give hime a B. He hasn't had enough time to clean up the giant mess from the Clinton and Bush administration.

*acts surprised*
I identify as
a problem

Issas
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Issas » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:22 pm

I'll say when he's been in office for a couple years. It's too soon to tell.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Milks Empire wrote:I decided on a B.

That seems like a fair assessment. My metrics are much the same as yours, but I'm going for a (low) C. I tend to rate the things he's done okay at as being less worthy, and the things he's failing at as being more weighty.

He'd be getting a D if he hadn't made all the right moves on torture and Guantanamo.
I identify as
a problem

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Do you even vaguely understand the concept that you have to pump money into the economy to stimulate recovery. Or are you just another uneducated democrat that feels like blaming Obama will somehow create a solution.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:23 pm

This seems ironically similar to something CNN did the other night.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:24 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:

Do you even vaguely understand the concept....

'No' seems like a fairly safe assumption.
I identify as
a problem

Greater Americania
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Americania » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:26 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:Do you even vaguely understand the concept that you have to pump money into the economy to stimulate recovery. Or are you just another uneducated democrat that feels like blaming Obama will somehow create a solution.

Do you even vaguely understand that Obama's recovery plans are pushing us into trillions of dollars of debt? Do you even vaguely understand that the national debt is almost as high as our GDP? Do you even vaguely understand that there have been 11 recessions and Great Depression in the past century, yet none have required trillion dollar spending packages to fix? The biggest reason Bush was a bad President was because he so drastically raised the national debt. Obama's been in office barely half a year and he's already making bigger moves towards trillions of dollars in the hole that Bush did.
Last edited by Greater Americania on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Federal Republic of Greater Americania: “Liberty, Soveriegnty, Freedom!”
Original Founder of the Nationalist Union
Member of the Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization

Nationalist Republic, governed by the National Republican Party
Economic Left/Right: 2.0, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.21
President: Austin Farley
Vice President: John Raimark
Secretary of State: Jason Lee
Secretary of Defense: Shane Tomlinson
Secretary of Federal Security: Ross Ferrell
-Chief of Interior Security Forces: General James Calley
Secretary of Territorial Administration: Brandon Terry
-Governor of Tlozuk: Jarod Harris
-Governor of Comaack: John Fargo
*Territories are foreign nations which have been annexed by the Federal Republic

King Zhaoxiang of Qin
Envoy

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby King Zhaoxiang of Qin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:26 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:'No' seems like a fairly safe assumption.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Now you're being rude and I hate rude people"
- Hannibal Lecter

Seanut2
Civilian

Founded: Aug 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seanut2 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:27 pm

I rate Obama the highest you can go but he needs to get us out of this crisis were in right now other wise he's a pretty good president :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:Do you even vaguely understand the concept that you have to pump money into the economy to stimulate recovery. Or are you just another uneducated democrat that feels like blaming Obama will somehow create a solution.

Do you even vaguely understand that Obama's recovery plans are pushing us into trillions of dollars of debt? Do you even vaguely understand that the national debt is almost as high as our GDP? Do you even vaguely understand that there have been 11 recessions and Great Depression in the past century, yet none have required trillion dollar spending packages to fix? The biggest reason Bush was a bad President was because he so drastically raised the national debt. Obama's been in office barely half a year and he's already making bigger moves towards trillions of dollars in the hole that Bush did.

Japan's national debt was, the last time I checked, somewhere around 195% of their GDP. They seem to be holding their own. Maybe not thriving, but they're not Zimbabwe.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Do you even vaguely understand that Obama's recovery plans are pushing us into trillions of dollars of debt? Do you even vaguely understand that the national debt is almost as high as our GDP? Do you even vaguely understand that there have been 11 recessions and Great Depression in the past, yet none have required trillion dollar spending packages to fix? The biggest reason Bush was a bad President was because he so drastically raised the national debt. Obama's been in office barely half a year and he's already making bigger moves towards trillions of dollars in the hole that Bush did.

Yep. Bush raised the debt.

That's MUCH worse than the pointless deaths of American servicemen and women, the mutilation of the Constitution, torture, massive increase in government, in-fighting between governmental departments, and deliberate deception of the American public.

Also - pro-tip. Borrow a book from the local library about 'investment'. It's a cool concept, and I think you'll like it, once you understand it.
I identify as
a problem

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General