NATION

PASSWORD

NASA being Unfair.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:42 pm

Zathganastan wrote:
Hegstoria wrote:*Looks at Civil War map* Umm nope, I'm pretty sure you did.

Yah 200 years ago.
Get over it noboby even thinks about the civil war anymore

Uh, yeah we do.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Norstal wrote:
Zathganastan wrote:Yah 200 years ago.

Uh, yeah we do.

We should drag him over to one of the Civil War threads and lock him in with the Neo-Confederates for a while.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Zathganastan
Senator

Founded: Aug 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zathganastan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Norstal wrote:
Zathganastan wrote:Yah 200 years ago.

Uh, yeah we do.

Really so the frist thing that comes to mind when you think of the south is secession.
Second what does still have to do with Shuttle topic.
Finally I'm black I don't like anything about the confederacy.
Last edited by Zathganastan on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Beatrice Hall:I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
Shakespeare:All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;And one man in his time plays many parts
The Allied states Military, zathganastans pride and Joy:
Army: 35,000,000 armed forces
Navy: 18,000 ships
Air force: 10,000,000 air force personal
and National Marines: 8,000,000 marines
Zathgan speical forces:2,500,000 speical forces

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Zathganastan wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Which is part of exhibition park. The fact is that California built them so California should get one. That's fair. As for NY its just a sad fact that they can take better care of their shit then Houston does. And get more visitors.

And houstan was misson control all astronouts trained here and it was the control of space flights shifts to Houston from Cape Canaveral after launch.

Yeah and Houston has a shit record for taking care of its rockets. Pick back through the thread, its come up time and time again, that Houston isn't looking after the rockets it already has properly. Why would htye be able to handle another one when they can't handle the ones they already have?
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Zathganastan wrote:
Norstal wrote:Uh, yeah we do.

Really so the frist thing that comes to mind when you think of the south is secession.

Secession and guns.

Hegstoria
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hegstoria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:46 pm

Zathganastan wrote:

Pretty much. That, slavery, and fried chicken. Oh and NASCAR, can't forget about NASCAR.
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit."-Oscar Wilde

Defcon 5: Pax Hegstoriana
Defcon 4: Ehh, things are pretty good, but a bit heated
Defcon 3: War seems near, but not at the moment, and far from the mind
Defcon 2: Get a helmet
Defcon 1: Put on said helmet

Colonies: South-West Hegstodia, The Hegstoria Rhodesian Confederacy(3 independent colonies), Fuair

Major Leaders: President Jonathan F. Shepherd, Vice President Francis P. Sinclair, Minister of the Interior Samuel D. Lisbon, Minister of the Armed Forces General Stanley C. McAlister

Map: -currently under a redesign-

Size: 7,825,600 km^2

Life Expectancy: 84.59 years Courtesy of Unibot

Alliances: Skyguard Defense Network

embassy program

Zathganastan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zathganastan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Hegstoria wrote:
Zathganastan wrote:Really so the frist thing that comes to mind when you think of the south is secession.

Pretty much. That, slavery, and fried chicken. Oh and NASCAR, can't forget about NASCAR.

Well then try taking a trip to the real south.
Evelyn Beatrice Hall:I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
They have their exits and their entrances;And one man in his time plays many parts

Hegstoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hegstoria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Zathganastan wrote:
Hegstoria wrote:Pretty much. That, slavery, and fried chicken. Oh and NASCAR, can't forget about NASCAR.

I did. Went to Virginia. Saw old Civil War stuff, old plantations that slaves worked on, a lot of fried chicken, and NASCAR.

Colonies: South-West Hegstodia, The Hegstoria Rhodesian Confederacy(3 independent colonies), Fuair

Major Leaders: President Jonathan F. Shepherd, Vice President Francis P. Sinclair, Minister of the Interior Samuel D. Lisbon, Minister of the Armed Forces General Stanley C. McAlister

embassy program

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
Divair wrote:I have to disagree that America should lead the charge (what I assume you meant by "we planted a flag it in in 1969 it officially makes it OURS").

Space is the one place we haven't destroyed with our pathetic wars and disputes.

Why not make it an international effort?

Although I do agree we need to start finding resources off-plant, or else our current living standard will be cut drastically as our resources dwindle into oblivion.

My apologies. The imperialist inside me got the upper hand for a moment. I could get behind an international effort, hell maybe it's something we need even. But I'd like the US to have a role in it beyond sending people and equipment to Russia to be shot into space. Why can't we have nice things like new space shuttles?
Anyhow, point remains: Space exploration means resources we need to continue life as we know it.

Personally, I think that space exploration should be run like mail delivery. Government-operated programs competing against privately-run programs.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:My apologies. The imperialist inside me got the upper hand for a moment. I could get behind an international effort, hell maybe it's something we need even. But I'd like the US to have a role in it beyond sending people and equipment to Russia to be shot into space. Why can't we have nice things like new space shuttles?
Anyhow, point remains: Space exploration means resources we need to continue life as we know it.

Personally, I think that space exploration should be run like mail delivery. Government-operated programs competing against privately-run programs.

That is what they claim is happening now.

Except the government programs aren't competing, and the privately run programs aren't doing anything.

I agree, though.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Zathganastan wrote:

Let's try this again ... I said that what with all the talk about texas seceding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Texas_(group), http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/15/gov-rick-perry-texas-coul_n_187490.html, to name just two), maybe NASA didn't want to put one of the retired shuttles in a place that might leave the Union (this is part of the joke) or where it might be damaged in any fighting that takes place (this is the other part of the joke). Okay?
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Czertzevania
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Czertzevania » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:51 pm

To OP

People who don't know the facts should not make arguments with made up ones.

So far you've claimed all or most shuttles were launched from Texas... none were.
You thought the Smithsonian was in New York.
You thought Apollo 13 made it to the moon since it's one of the more famous Apollo missions.

Not to insult your intelligence, but really now? After this kind of performance in an argument, I'm relatively surprised people still find it worthwhile to debate. I guess the NS forums are more civilized than others.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Hegstoria wrote:
Zathganastan wrote:Really so the frist thing that comes to mind when you think of the south is secession.

[notamod]Can we not have this whole thread descend into another "The South seceded blah blah" thread? [/notamod]

As far as the shuttles go, I've visited Houston before and while I enjoyed my time there the facilities open to the public were disappointing at best. Giving them a shuttle will hardly improve their ability to provide an entertaining, interesting experience.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Zathganastan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zathganastan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:54 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

Let's try this again ... I said that what with all the talk about texas seceding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Texas_(group), http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/15/gov-rick-perry-texas-coul_n_187490.html, to name just two), maybe NASA didn't want to put one of the retired shuttles in a place that might leave the Union (this is part of the joke) or where it might be damaged in any fighting that takes place (this is the other part of the joke). Okay?

Aready got the joke but I didn't think it was funny.
Last edited by Zathganastan on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Zathganastan wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Let's try this again ... I said that what with all the talk about texas seceding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Texas_(group), http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/15/gov-rick-perry-texas-coul_n_187490.html, to name just two), maybe NASA didn't want to put one of the retired shuttles in a place that might leave the Union (this is part of the joke) or where it might be damaged in any fighting that takes place (this is the other part of the joke). Okay?

Aready got the joke but I didn't think it was funny.

Yeah, I guess not. :( Well, you can't win 'em all.

Hegstoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hegstoria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Hegstoria wrote:Pretty much. That, slavery, and fried chicken. Oh and NASCAR, can't forget about NASCAR.

[notamod]Can we not have this whole thread descend into another "The South seceded blah blah" thread? [/notamod]

As far as the shuttles go, I've visited Houston before and while I enjoyed my time there the facilities open to the public were disappointing at best. Giving them a shuttle will hardly improve their ability to provide an entertaining, interesting experience.

lol Don't worry, I wanted to see how long he'd take me seriously. I'll stop.

embassy program

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Hegstoria wrote:
Zathganastan wrote:

I did. Went to Virginia. Saw old Civil War stuff, old plantations that slaves worked on, a lot of fried chicken, and NASCAR.

Hey now, I take offense to that. >:(

I definitely understand the whole slavery thing, and I can kinda understand the Civil War stuff, but hating fried chicken and NASCAR is going too damn far.

Besides, other than our world-famous Southern hospitality, we have a hell of a lot more than all that to offer. We also have cookies. And cake. And cookie cake, if you cant decide. Not to mention fishing and hunting, and a whole bunch of other awesome shit.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:01 pm

Hegstoria wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:

lol Don't worry, I wanted to see how long he'd take me seriously. I'll stop.

Thank you. I don't want the moderators to have to intervene in what is otherwise an interesting topic.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Zathganastan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zathganastan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:03 pm

By the way why is nasa having to get rid of there mullt-millon dallar fleet any way.

Novikov
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Novikov » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:04 pm

This is idiotic. It seems to me that Rep. Poe is just pissed about the selection process because it confirms a well-known truth in the Midwest: Nobody wants to visit Texas. Get over it, Mr. Congressman. Sure you think your state is great, but don't raise a stink just because we don't all agree with you.
NSWiki (needs editing), Embassy Exchange, You know you are...
A member of the United Kingdom of Oceania and Nova
Host of the First International Chess Tournament.
Economic: 8.25 Left
Social: 3.03 Libertarian
CoP I (3rd), CoH XLIII (3rd) & XLVI (2nd), WCQ LI-LV

Gardez-vous d’écouter cet imposteur; vous ětes perdus, si vous oubliez que les fruits sont à tous, et que la terre n’est à personne.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:07 pm

Zathganastan wrote:By the way why is nasa having to get rid of there mullt-millon dallar fleet any way.

The shuttles are kind of old. There's no money to build new ones and the replacement program isn't ready and won't be for years. What with the current obsession with cutting government expense, it may be decades before the US manned space program recovers, if ever it does.

Zathganastan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zathganastan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:11 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Zathganastan wrote:By the way why is nasa having to get rid of there mullt-millon dallar fleet any way.

The shuttles are kind of old. There's no money to build new ones and the replacement program isn't ready and won't be for years. What with the current obsession with cutting government expense, it may be decades before the US manned space program recovers, if ever it does.

So the classic were broken and need to make money out of this some how schme.

Zirconim
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zirconim » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Don't put so much emphasis on the states, rather than the country. Other countries don't see Texas as the place for space exploration, just America as a whole. Sorry to burst your Texan bubble, but most people in other countries don't give a flying fuck about the difference between Texas and New York. Plus, Florida has a ton more to do with space exploration than Texas, where absolutely no shuttle was launched. And you need to stop re-emphacizing that quote. It was something a guy said, that has been distorted, and is now famous for no apparent reason other than that it was the first of it's kind. I believe this to be 100% basedon your Texan pride, because if the quote was "Seattle, we've had a problem", you wouldn't care at all about this.
Last edited by Zirconim on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embassies In: Cosumar
Israslovakahzerbajan
Lemonius
Tech: PMT/FT
Economic: -3.00
Socially: -5.64

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all." -Mario Savio
Featured Album(s):
Sukekiyo-Immortalis
Featured Song(s):
David Bowie-Blackstar

Kalysk
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalysk » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:05 pm

Houston can go fuck itself. NASA can place the shuttles wherever it damn well pleases.
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54
Rhodmhire wrote:Kalysk you are a total fucking bro for professing your love (of Erasure)

ruuuruuu~

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Zathganastan wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:The shuttles are kind of old. There's no money to build new ones and the replacement program isn't ready and won't be for years. What with the current obsession with cutting government expense, it may be decades before the US manned space program recovers, if ever it does.

So the classic were broken and need to make money out of this some how schme.

I don't even... is that a proper sentence?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General