NATION

PASSWORD

The 2014-15 College Football Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wahland
Envoy

Founded: Jan 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wahland » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:57 pm

idc whether FSU is undefeated or not, they shouldn't even be in the top 4, they ALMOST lost more times than I can remember, and that's with a very weak schedule, I'm a long time Oregon fan, so of course I think they should #1. the only game we lost was when we had injuries on our o-line, and we've been pretty dominant since that game.

Bythyrona
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:28 pm

Wahland wrote:idc whether FSU is undefeated or not, they shouldn't even be in the top 4, they ALMOST lost more times than I can remember, and that's with a very weak schedule, I'm a long time Oregon fan, so of course I think they should #1. the only game we lost was when we had injuries on our o-line, and we've been pretty dominant since that game.

A loss is a loss is a loss, doesn't matter how it was done. As much as I hate them and their rapist QB, if FSU finishes 13-0 and you seriously attempt to argue that they do not belong in the CFP, you need to stop watching football. Period.

How is Oregon better than Alabama? 38-31 over Wazzu? 41 points given up to Cal? No, brah. Alabama is number one on the basis that they've beaten the #1 team in the land, their sole loss was to a Top Ten team, and their close games have come in the SEC West, a division stronger than the entirety of the PAC-12. Oregon, on the other hand, lost to a team that is outside the Top Ten and plays in the PAC-12.

Oregon fans sure do crack me up sometimes.
Days like dominoes, all in a line

Emerge transformed in a million years, from days like these

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:14 pm

Armed Nation of Apocalypse Believers wrote:
Tiami wrote:I c wut u did dere

As long as Alabama wins, I do not care what happens. Besides, the game is as Byrant-Denny. Auburn lost there 49-0 last time, though I think the score will be more along the lines of 35-21 'Bama.

Man if something happens like last year I will flip out because I want to see the number one defense in the BIG TEN destroy the should've been team in a championship game that OHIO STATE couldn't go to because of the damned second team up north

Well, if Ohio State wouldn't lose to teams they're suppose to beat, they would play for a national championship, now would they?

Wahland wrote:idc whether FSU is undefeated or not, they shouldn't even be in the top 4, they ALMOST lost more times than I can remember, and that's with a very weak schedule, I'm a long time Oregon fan, so of course I think they should #1. the only game we lost was when we had injuries on our o-line, and we've been pretty dominant since that game.

Please. Oregon couldn't even beat Auburn.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Fotila
Secretary

Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fotila » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:25 pm

I think Florida State, TCU, Oregon, and Alabama will be in the playoffs. Ohio State is good, but not good enough to compete with the tops. Any fans of those here?

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Fotila wrote:I think Florida State, TCU, Oregon, and Alabama will be in the playoffs. Ohio State is good, but not good enough to compete with the tops. Any fans of those here?

I think it's a motley crew (Alabama fans, the only Tennessee fan on the internet outside of Volquest, and some assorted others) for the most part at this point in the season. Always a lot more diversity when the college football thread first starts.

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Fotila wrote:I think Florida State, TCU, Oregon, and Alabama will be in the playoffs. Ohio State is good, but not good enough to compete with the tops. Any fans of those here?

I am an Oregon fan, and not a johnny-come-lately bandwagoner either. I remember watching in 1990 when they were not good. I can honestly say I believe Oregon has a pretty good shot this year. The one loss was to an entirely injured and rag-tag OL. They've been a totally different team with the OL intact.

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Ohio State running up the score in trash time after Indiana put up a hell of a fight. Wow, why I am not surprised?

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:12 pm

It's good to see Alabama decide to struggle with an FCS team.

Not to mention the blatant fumble the refs took back.

Now time to hear "OMGZ BOMA SUXX CUZ DEY LIT WUUSTURN COORLINER SCO N DEM!!11!" From SEC Network.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:14 pm

Only NCAA Football? :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Solorni wrote:Only NCAA Football? :P

We'll allow JUCO talk too. :p

Latest Headlines

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:18 pm

I was curious about CIS football :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:25 pm

Solorni wrote:I was curious about CIS football :P

I don't know who this 'Cis" character is, but if they have anything to do with American football of the collegiate level, then feel free to talk about them.

Latest Headlines

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Solorni wrote:I was curious about CIS football :P

I don't know who this 'Cis" character is, but if they have anything to do with American football of the collegiate level, then feel free to talk about them.

Canadian Football at the University level :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Alabama, quit being like 2007 Michigan and letting a shitty FCS team back in the game.

Seriously, it's like they're trying to lose.

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Jameis Winston is looking like shit, Boston College's power run game is working, and FSU is finally getting penalized for playing like assholes. Could it be...?

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Bythyrona wrote:Jameis Winston is looking like shit, Boston College's power run game is working, and FSU is finally getting penalized for playing like assholes. Could it be...?

All Boston College is is the team who gets the exclusive title of "7th team to choke against Florida State this season".

Come on, if Chokie State, Clemson, NC State, Notre Dame, Louisville, and Miami couldn't beat them, what makes people think Boston College has a chance?

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Uh, because Aguayo just missed. ;)

You're needlessly pessimistic - you're making UT fans' outlooks on the sport look good, in fact.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Bythyrona wrote:Uh, because Aguayo just missed. ;)

You're needlessly pessimistic - you're making UT fans' outlooks on the sport look good, in fact.

Aguayo also missed against Louisville, yet FSU still won.

And UT fans have nothing to lose as of lately, so any negativity makes them look good. :p

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Bythyrona wrote:Uh, because Aguayo just missed. ;)

Aguayo also missed against Louisville, yet FSU still won.

And UT fans have nothing to lose as of lately, so any negativity makes them look good. :p

Well, actually, we can still piss away bowl eligibility and lose our best player on the team.

Two consecutive drops by FSU, BC ball.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:31 pm

So how 'bout dat BC upset?

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:35 pm

And for the first time in a long, long time, I'm rooting for Florida, who runs the same exact type of offense as BC and is playing their last game under Muschamp. Fuck FSU.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Torisakia wrote:It's good to see Alabama decide to struggle with an FCS team.

Not to mention the blatant fumble the refs took back.

Now time to hear "OMGZ BOMA SUXX CUZ DEY LIT WUUSTURN COORLINER SCO N DEM!!11!" From SEC Network.

:palm:
His elbow was down.

Mind you, WCU shouldn't even have 14 points. Henry fumbled inside 'Bama's 20 yard line. Nonetheless, yes, Alabama struggled the first quarter. They're rolling now. At least their win is more convincing than FSU's.
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Waldriech
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Arkansas beats Ole Miss 30-0

Postby Waldriech » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Ok, I'm a big Razorbacks fan... And after losing 14+ games, We bet LSU and Ole Miss by shutout.
Every time I watch my team I say, "Where probably going the get slaughtered" I don't know how we pulled through this losing streak???
Last edited by Waldriech on Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a, Catholic, Anarcho-Capitalist from Arkansas.

Pro: Free-Market, Property Rights, Gun Rights, Weed Legalization, Public Service Privatization, Trump, Rand and Ron Paul, GOP, Free Speech, Religious Freedom, Catholic Teachings, Non-Aggression Principle, Natural Law, General Pinochet.

Anti: Communism, Democrats, ISIS, Terrorism, SJWs, Gay Pride.

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:33 pm

The Tennessee Trickeration, holy shit. We're making it a game. GO VOLS

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Waldriech wrote:Ok, I'm a big Razorbacks fan... And after losing 14+ games, We bet LSU and Ole Miss by shutout.
Every time I watch my team I say, "Where probably going the get slaughtered" I don't know how we pulled through this losing streak???

It's not that Arkansas is playing good. It's just that LSU and Ole Miss both suck.

Bythyrona wrote:The Tennessee Trickeration, holy shit. We're making it a game. GO VOLS

That's probably the most successful play Tennessee's had in almost 20 years.
Last edited by Torisakia on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latest Headlines

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General