NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Theft Auto 5

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Got GTA5?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes : 1284

Valica
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valica » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:36 am

Sigh.
My PC yearns for this game.
I hope they don't shove back the January release date.

EDIT: First post on page 224. Fun fact: 2-24 is my birthday.
Last edited by Valica on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a cis-het male. Ask me about my privilege.

Valica is like America with a very conservative economy and a liberal social policy.

Population - 750,500,000

Army - 3,250,500
Navy - 2,000,000
Special Forces - 300,000

5 districts
20 members per district in the House of Representatives
10 members per district in the Senate

Political affiliation - Centrist / Humanist

Religion - Druid

For: Privacy, LGBT Equality, Cryptocurrencies, Free Web, The Middle Class, One-World Government

Against: Nationalism, Creationism, Right to Segregate, Fundamentalism, ISIS, Communism
( -4.38 | -4.31 )
"If you don't use Linux, you're doing it wrong."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:18 am

So, my brother said this yesterday:

"I think I've made a terrible mistake. I got Krissy (who doesn't play video games outside of like..Flower) into Grand Theft Auto V. But she's not causing mayhem, or killing people, or picking up prostitutes. She just spent the last hour taking Franklin around Los Santos, buying him fancy clothes, getting his ears pierced, getting him a slick haircut, and tricking out his car so that it's baby blue and has pink tire smoke. She then picked up Michael's son Jimmy and took him out for a "date". Now they're trying on pants together. Somehow, Krissy has turned GTA V into a gay dating simulator, and she seems to be having a ton of fun. haha."

Krissy is my brothers girlfriend. Pretty hilarious, and seems pretty appropriate for her since she plays games like Flower and Journey (Which Journey is a great game).
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:22 am

Corrian wrote:So, my brother said this yesterday:

"I think I've made a terrible mistake. I got Krissy (who doesn't play video games outside of like..Flower) into Grand Theft Auto V. But she's not causing mayhem, or killing people, or picking up prostitutes. She just spent the last hour taking Franklin around Los Santos, buying him fancy clothes, getting his ears pierced, getting him a slick haircut, and tricking out his car so that it's baby blue and has pink tire smoke. She then picked up Michael's son Jimmy and took him out for a "date". Now they're trying on pants together. Somehow, Krissy has turned GTA V into a gay dating simulator, and she seems to be having a ton of fun. haha."

Krissy is my brothers girlfriend. Pretty hilarious, and seems pretty appropriate for her since she plays games like Flower and Journey (Which Journey is a great game).

we all know someone like that in our lives.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:22 pm

...Well, that's...something.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

...Well, that's...something.

I shit you not, my younger sister did the same thing in GTA San Andreas.

at least i had a wardrobe. :/

Ancient Magmia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Magmia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:16 pm

:rofl:

Old Vester wrote:Anyone else notice a lot of godmodders on the servers lately?
I kept running into at least 1 guy each lobby with a bounty and godmod on everytime I switched.

Yep. Just yesterday some idiot got the bounty that was on me by using invincibility...that shit really pisses me off.
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato
Dear Diary, I'm Having a Little Problem
Add 3984 to my post count

My Last.fm, Spotify profile, RYM, and Essential Magmiacore
Hip hop, jazz, reggae, soul/neo-soul, R&B, and funk fan

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:33 pm

The balkens wrote:

First thing I did when clothes stores opened in San Andreas was buy an eyepatch. Then got his head shaved and gave him a goatee. Funnily enough, this was before I knew about black Nick Fury.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The balkens wrote:

First thing I did when clothes stores opened in San Andreas was buy an eyepatch. Then got his head shaved and gave him a goatee. Funnily enough, this was before I knew about black Nick Fury.

Huh. what a coincidence.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:55 pm

It's been about two months since I was rolling with Wisconsin and co.
Damn internet connection.
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:56 pm

Tiami wrote:It's been about two months since I was rolling with Wisconsin and co.
Damn internet connection.

I can fire it up for a bit.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:47 am

Did they release it for PC yet?

I really wanna see what the modding community could do, I mean did you see what they did in San Andreas and then IV?

Maybe we will se a god damn Spider-Man mod that works by now.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:54 am

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Did they release it for PC yet?

Not until January.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:00 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

Not until January.

I don't know if I am getting it for PC or an Xbox One (Last I checked it was getting a current gen release, but if not I can get it for my 360 still.)

If I get it on a console I have the benefit of no port screw ups and easier availability, as well I can do what I usually do and listen to YouTube videos, podcast and all that jazz.

If I get it on PC I will have the ability to use mods and hopefully the modding community will be strong.

Until I get a strong graphics card, the graphics, frame rate and speed will be with the console, which is silly since I have a VHS era TV and still get better graphics with my console, like seriously I need to improve my PC soon so more advanced games can let their graphics shine.
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:07 am

I really wanna see what the modding community could do, I mean did you see what they did in San Andreas and then IV?

So there is no Spider-Man mod that is in working state before?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:12 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:

Last I checked, in San Andreas there was just a skin.

IV has some neat Hulk, Ghost Rider, Superman, Batman, iron man, etc mods, but nothing spider man related.

I get that making web slinging and spider sense would be difficult to program since Peter has a very unique power set, but after seeing what people in GTA IV have done, I can think a dedicated programmer can make a mod.
/// A.N.N. \\\

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:14 am

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Last I checked, in San Andreas there was just a skin.

IV has some neat Hulk, Ghost Rider, Superman, Batman, iron man, etc mods, but nothing spider man related.

I get that making web slinging and spider sense would be difficult to program since Peter has a very unique power set, but after seeing what people in GTA IV have done, I can think a dedicated programmer can make a mod.

Web slinging and spider sense is harder than flying and driving a vehicle.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:26 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Last I checked, in San Andreas there was just a skin.

No shit, I didn't say it was easy.
/// A.N.N. \\\

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:29 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:

No shit, I didn't say it was easy.

Kaiju civilization. +10% to happiness, culture, and combat strength if they've attacked Tokyo in the past five turns.
~~~~~~~~

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:33 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:No shit, I didn't say it was easy.

Kaiju civilization. +10% to happiness, culture, and combat strength if they've attacked Tokyo in the past five turns.

I think there was a disconnect here.
/// A.N.N. \\\

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:35 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:Kaiju civilization. +10% to happiness, culture, and combat strength if they've attacked Tokyo in the past five turns.

I think there was a disconnect here.

Fuck. Someone was talking about modding Godzilla into Civ V over on that thread. My bad.
~~~~~~~~

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:38 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:I think there was a disconnect here.

Fuck. Someone was talking about modding Godzilla into Civ V over on that thread. My bad.

lol, How the fuck did you get that here though?
/// A.N.N. \\\

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:40 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:Fuck. Someone was talking about modding Godzilla into Civ V over on that thread. My bad.

lol, How the fuck did you get that here though?

You were talking about modding and I'm tired. 2+2=fuck.
~~~~~~~~

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:42 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:lol, How the fuck did you get that here though?

You were talking about modding and I'm tired. 2+2=fuck.

I know the feeling.

:Hug:
/// A.N.N. \\\

Ameige
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:40 pm

My favorite past time on gta when Im bored is running over cute little woodland creatures with a really fast car. Don't try it with a bicycle. Trust me, it wont end well.

Patricks land
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patricks land » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 pm

GTA V should be Burnt. It teaches kids to be a gangster rap loving criminal.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction