NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Genre Music Discussion

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Former Wellboneland
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Former Wellboneland » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Cosumar wrote:
Former Wellboneland wrote:"I agree."
17 year old Wellbone

I am 17. I loved that song two years ago. I would blast it from my car. At least it was good for scaring suburban folks... :lol2:

I blasted out Master of Puppets to scare people until Disturbed came out with "Down With The Sickness."

They now think my mother is beating on me :/
Formerly Wellboneland, add 1982 posts.
I use the stats of my old nation. I have 2 billion people and 4 million soldiers.
Tulija wrote:Immature; good comic relief.
Our Tech Level is MT, and call us Wellboneland.
Our military

I am not a likable person at first, but it always comes back to this.
My Little Nutella
Bacon Tacos with Alekcandor!
99% of our people ICly act like this.
WE ARE NOT PONYISTS OMG IF YOU CALL US PONIES ONE MORE TIME...

Demen 2
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Demen 2 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Oterro wrote:

That website wrote:Baroness

yes you should feel bad!!!!

That Website wrote:Suicide Silence

Last edited by Demen 2 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Cause music is bigger than words and wider than pictures

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:55 pm

Immoren wrote:
Demen 2 wrote:So many awful bands. There are only a handful of good acts..

How goes to festivals for music anyway. ;)
But point taken.

You missed Demonic Death Judge.

Seriously though Devin Townsend never disappoints.
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:55 am

Oterro wrote:
Galla- wrote:Still fucking epic compared to everything else.

except good music

I've been here since '09, and that's the first time I've found a post worth sigging.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:23 am

Blakk Metal wrote:
Oterro wrote:except good music

I've been here since '09, and that's the first time I've found a post worth sigging.

i'm flattered!!!!!!!

Really how can you guys not love them? I guess the vocals are weird but I like em.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Postby Blakk Metal » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:30 am

aocidicoa wrote:Brilliant. The cycle has begun fuckers, music is back!! 2010-2020, FULL FORCE AHEAD!

I'll keep that song in mind when I start the Third Wave of Blakk Black Metal.
Last edited by Blakk Metal on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:37 am

Blakk Metal wrote:I'll keep that song in mind when I start the Third Wave of Blakk Black Metal.

Lel isn't third wave black metal ''hipster black metal''?
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Postby Blakk Metal » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:42 am

Oterro wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:I'll keep that song in mind when I start the Third Wave of Blakk Black Metal.

Lel isn't third wave black metal ''hipster black metal''?

Hipster Black Metal is just raped Second Wave Black Metal.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:46 am

Blakk Metal wrote:Hipster Black Metal is just raped Second Wave Black Metal.

but it's more innovative and interesting than SWBM.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Former Wellboneland wrote:
Cosumar wrote:He does not like any genre connected to punk. Ignore him.

I like nintendocore, if that counts.

Generally not, but don't make generalizations.

Oterro wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:I've been here since '09, and that's the first time I've found a post worth sigging.

i'm flattered!!!!!!!

Really how can you guys not love them? I guess the vocals are weird but I like em.

Is it hypocritical of me to be off-put by their vocals but simultaneously kinda like Ghost?
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Meryuma wrote:Is it hypocritical of me to be off-put by their vocals but simultaneously kinda like Ghost?

Yes, because Ghost is easily the worst track on ITAOTS.

Demen 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Demen 2 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Former Wellboneland wrote:I like nintendocore, if that counts.

Is it hypocritical of me to be off-put by their vocals but simultaneously kinda like Ghost?

I like you Meryuma.

But that was terrible.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:52 am

Demen 2 wrote:
Meryuma wrote:

I like you Meryuma.

But that was terrible.

It's a catchy song with a great melody that hearkens back to bands such as The Locust, and was the soundtrack to a really amusing indie game. Haters gonna hate, I guess.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

The REAL Glasers
Minister

Founded: Feb 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The REAL Glasers » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:17 am

Oterro wrote:
Demen 2 wrote:And ah. See, I never really hated BTBAM, though everyone else seems to. They're not, of course, the best or my favourite band, and probably not a band I'd listen to just in leisure, but I like it.

And ew Motorhead.
People hate BTBAM and me because they're popular amongst mallgoths and stuff.

I hated Colors first time I heard it and it just grew and grew on me and I have to stop myself listening to it too much.

Still not sure whether to go see Motorhead as they're pretty old so I'm not sure if they're still good, and I only really like 2 of their albums. It's also gonna be a big gig and I'm not keen on them.

BTBAM is one of the most insipid Prog Metal bands I've ever heard. There isn't a good songwriter in the band and their vocalist is among the worst in Metal.
YouTube Channel
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Onespeed
http://www.last.fm/user/TheYardstick
Economic Left/Right: -4.88 - Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67
I want a riot grrrlfriend

The REAL Glasers
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The REAL Glasers » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:20 am

Meryuma wrote:
Demen 2 wrote:I like you Meryuma.

But that was terrible.

It's a catchy song with a great melody that hearkens back to bands such as The Locust, and was the soundtrack to a really amusing indie game. Haters gonna hate, I guess.

I hope I'm not the only person that realizes that the song title is a direct reference to "Gold Soundz" by Pavement.
YouTube Channel

Winland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Winland » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:08 am

Das gute!
I've never really found vocals that I've thought were weird or out of place before. Is that bad? Have I been listening to too much weird shit to tell the difference?
In other words — and this is the rock solid principle on which the whole of the Corporation's Galaxy-wide success is founded — their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their superficial design flaws.

Jakaragua
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakaragua » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:11 am

Oterro wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:Hipster Black Metal is just raped Second Wave Black Metal.

but it's more innovative and interesting than SWBM.

Well, I guess to be "innovative and interesting" in Black Metal you have to a false pretense that the only way to generate atmosphere is to use as few compelling ideas as possible (to create some kind of "otherworldly experience" or something) and stretch them over some 10+ minute songs. Come on people, why does atmospheric metal have to be boring?
Last edited by Jakaragua on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Boredom is counter-revolutionary.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:28 am

The REAL Glasers wrote:BTBAM is one of the most insipid Prog Metal bands I've ever heard. There isn't a good songwriter in the band and their vocalist is among the worst in Metal.

i don't like the dirty vocals but i love the instrumentation and the screaming on tracks like white walls ala punk bands rather than metal ones are fucking fantastic

i don't know what you mean by poor song writing

do you think their tracks are directionless or what? i don't know man, none of their songs seem overly long or directionless to me, everything feels pretty well put together on colors.
Jakaragua wrote:Well, I guess to be "innovative and interesting" in Black Metal you have to a false pretense that the only way to generate atmosphere is to use as few compelling ideas as possible (to create some kind of "otherworldly experience" or something) and stretch them over some 10+ minute songs. Come on people, why does atmospheric metal have to be boring?

guess it's just 2deep4u bro
Winland wrote:Das gute!
I've never really found vocals that I've thought were weird or out of place before. Is that bad? Have I been listening to too much weird shit to tell the difference?

I'm glad SOME OF US have taste!!!!

Honestly I never thought they were weird either - last time I posted them people commented on them though, so eh.
Last edited by Oterro on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Demen 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Demen 2 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:32 am

The REAL Glasers wrote:
Oterro wrote:People hate BTBAM and me because they're popular amongst mallgoths and stuff.

I hated Colors first time I heard it and it just grew and grew on me and I have to stop myself listening to it too much.

Still not sure whether to go see Motorhead as they're pretty old so I'm not sure if they're still good, and I only really like 2 of their albums. It's also gonna be a big gig and I'm not keen on them.

BTBAM is one of the most insipid Prog Metal bands I've ever heard. There isn't a good songwriter in the band and their vocalist is among the worst in Metal.

That's a little harsh.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:37 am

Demen 2 wrote:That's a little harsh.

they're 2deep4him mang :<

The REAL Glasers
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The REAL Glasers » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Oterro wrote:
The REAL Glasers wrote:BTBAM is one of the most insipid Prog Metal bands I've ever heard. There isn't a good songwriter in the band and their vocalist is among the worst in Metal.

i don't like the dirty vocals but i love the instrumentation and the screaming on tracks like white walls ala punk bands rather than metal ones are fucking fantastic

i don't know what you mean by poor song writing

do you think their tracks are directionless or what? i don't know man, none of their songs seem overly long or directionless to me, everything feels pretty well put together on colors.

There is literally nothing compelling about their songs. There are many sections that also feel like they're thrown in without any real reason but only exists in an effort to be "technical".
YouTube Channel

Jakaragua
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakaragua » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Oterro wrote:guess it's just 2deep4u bro

Nah brah, blackish, folkish drone-like music with needless arrangements and sprinkles of blasting or riffing that make no sense has gotten old and tired too fast. It also doesn't make black metal a deep, philosophical genre because it was never that way to begin with.
Last edited by Jakaragua on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Boredom is counter-revolutionary.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:36 pm

The REAL Glasers wrote:There is literally nothing compelling about their songs.

Err.

yes there is.

Why would I listen to them if their songs weren't compelling.

Maybe you just have shit taste.
The REAL Glasers wrote: There are many sections that also feel like they're thrown in without any real reason but only exists in an effort to be "technical".
oh okay so you just want them to be mundane?

alright then
Jakaragua wrote:
Oterro wrote:guess it's just 2deep4u bro

Nah brah, blackish, folkish drone-like music with needless arrangements and sprinkles of blasting or riffing that make no sense has gotten old and tired too fast. It also doesn't make black metal a deep, philosophical genre because it was never that way to begin with.

i dunno man i mean burning down churches and railing against mainstream culture sure is a hell of a statement to make just because

who cares about first wave

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Postby Blakk Metal » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Oterro wrote:
Jakaragua wrote:Nah brah, blackish, folkish drone-like music with needless arrangements and sprinkles of blasting or riffing that make no sense has gotten old and tired too fast. It also doesn't make black metal a deep, philosophical genre because it was never that way to begin with.

i dunno man i mean burning down churches and railing against mainstream culture sure is a hell of a statement to make just because

who cares about first wave

People with taste.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction