NATION

PASSWORD

Quick Question

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Quick Question

Postby SkyDip » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:56 am

Are links now allowed in SC/GA proposals? I thought linking to things other than nations or regions was illegal? The proposal I'm talking about can be found here. I was under the impression any links in a proposal rendered it illegal. :unsure:
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:46 pm

We've deleted proposals before for posting urls (so the address was actually visible), but not for linking like that. I'm inclined to say that it's illegal, but I'm going to bring it up with the other mods before making a definite ruling.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Sedgistan wrote:We've deleted proposals before for posting urls (so the address was actually visible), but not for linking like that. I'm inclined to say that it's illegal, but I'm going to bring it up with the other mods before making a definite ruling.

Very good - thank you, Sedge.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Nation/region tags are fine, any other linking isn't.

EDIT: Heh, apparently I ruled the same back in 2011. Should've checked the Compendium, I guess...
Last edited by Sedgistan on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Moderation