NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT]@@LEADER@@Care Calamity

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT]@@LEADER@@Care Calamity

Postby Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 am

This is an issue dealing with something like obamacare brought into your nation and the aftermath it brings.

Title: @@LEADER@@Care Calamity

Description:
After the signing of the new healthcare reform, now officially dubbed "@@LEADER@@Care," some of the people of @@NAME@@ are outraged at some of the actions that were introduced as a result from its adoption.

Validity: nations with healthcare funding.

The Debate:
[option]"You can't let this be taken down!" cries your emotionally unstable Minister of Healthcare. "@@LEADER@@Care was enacted to increase the quality and affordability of health insurance, lower the uninsured rate by expanding public and private insurance coverage, and reduce the costs of healthcare for individuals and the government. This is one of the few things in the recent years that's balancing the budget. Not only that, but it has numerous other good qualities that it introduces. It ensures affordable coverage for more middle income families, provides tax credits to small businesses and increased coverage for employees, rewards quality of care, rather than quantity, expands coverage for young adults, and the online registration makes it easily accessible for the modern society. Please, I'm begging you, don't repel this."
[effect]universal healthcare in @@NAME@@ has caused a widespread discussion over what else it covers.

[option]"Oh really?" says a homeless person in handcuffs. "I was just arrested and fined a thousand @@CURRENCY@@s for not having this new healthcare system. I was told that if I don't pay the fine soon, I'll get another fine. How can I pay a fine if I don't even have a job! This is ridiculous and should not be tolerated. Repeal this barbaric law and go back to what we had before." At this, the homeless person is tackled to the ground by police officers for escaping them.
[effect]repealing universal healthcare has caused a number of 'accidents' to happen across @@NAME@@.

[option]"That's not going far enough!" screams @@RANDOMNAME@@, one of @@NAME@@'s wealthiest CEOs. "Providing healthcare to my employees has resulted in me losing fifty percent of my income. FIFTY PERCENT! Abolish healthcare in general and let nature take its course."
[effect]those who are hurt in work are automatically replaced by others willing.

This is a rough draft so any comments are helpful.

edit: Tried to make issue less biased by expanding the pros in option 1.
Last edited by Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf on Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

I support insanely high tax rates, do you?
This is Bunny:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
☻/This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world
10 - Completly Peaceful.
9 - Peaceful.
8 - Mostly Peaceful.
7 - Small Scale Crime.
6 - Major Crime.
5 - Terrorist Acts.
4 - Small Scale War.
3 - Moderatly Problematic War.
2 - Full-Scale Conflict.
1 - Nuclear War.
0 - Apocalypse.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:48 am

Seems a bit biased against it.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:51 am

Sanctaria wrote:Seems a bit biased against it.

I had the same concept. I was thinking of this being something along the lines of a FOR option, AGAINST option, and an ABOLISH HEALTHCARE option. I will look into making option 1 more positive, but it will be on the longer side if that's alright.

I support insanely high tax rates, do you?
This is Bunny:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
☻/This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world
10 - Completly Peaceful.
9 - Peaceful.
8 - Mostly Peaceful.
7 - Small Scale Crime.
6 - Major Crime.
5 - Terrorist Acts.
4 - Small Scale War.
3 - Moderatly Problematic War.
2 - Full-Scale Conflict.
1 - Nuclear War.
0 - Apocalypse.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:46 pm

Not everyone follows US politics in-depth. Explain what distinguishes Obamacare from other forms of healthcare and why it can be considered better or worse, rather than some vague "you passed a law that people are complaining about now" thing.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:39 am

Also the validity should be narrowed to countries that don't have a single-payer healthcare system or a government monopoly on employment of doctors.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:49 am

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:Also the validity should be narrowed to countries that don't have a single-payer healthcare system or a government monopoly on employment of doctors.
Neither of those things are ones you can make a ruling about in the game, so maybe make an issue about those first.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:58 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:Also the validity should be narrowed to countries that don't have a single-payer healthcare system or a government monopoly on employment of doctors.
Neither of those things are ones you can make a ruling about in the game, so maybe make an issue about those first.

Just from a quick Google search, #048, #117 and #217 already do that.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Just from a quick Google search, #048, #117 and #217 already do that.
None of those issues says anything about "single-payer healthcare system" or "government monopoly on employment of doctors". There is some talk about the government hiring doctors, but nothing about banning anyone else from doing so.

All of those issues also do a better job of explaining what the actual problem is.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?