NATION

PASSWORD

The Invaders | Ego Sum Ideo Vici

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vivec the God-King
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 20, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Vivec the God-King » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:02 am

The clothes of the broken map are worn only by fools and heretics. The map is an exit for laziness. It is the dusty tongue, which is to say the given chart that most take as a story that is complete. No word is true until it is eaten.

T E Lawrence
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby T E Lawrence » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:53 pm

Vivec the God-King wrote:The clothes of the broken map are worn only by fools and heretics. The map is an exit for laziness. It is the dusty tongue, which is to say the given chart that most take as a story that is complete. No word is true until it is eaten.

I was impressed at your command over poetic language for a second before I realized that it was copied from the Elder Scrolls.

-- Lawrence.
Marshal T. E. Lawrence
The Invaders

Vivec the God-King
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 20, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Vivec the God-King » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:51 pm

T E Lawrence wrote:
Vivec the God-King wrote:The clothes of the broken map are worn only by fools and heretics. The map is an exit for laziness. It is the dusty tongue, which is to say the given chart that most take as a story that is complete. No word is true until it is eaten.

I was impressed at your command over poetic language for a second before I realized that it was copied from the Elder Scrolls.

-- Lawrence.

Rude spirit, you should never have come. Not here. Not to the world of the liars, where your power is fleshed to law, bound by the bones of the compromise. Shallow changer, say you that you rule dusk and dawn? Let me show you the power of the true Dawn, when Gods walked.
Last edited by Vivec the God-King on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:36 pm

T E Lawrence wrote:I like your soldiers, and it's a damn shame that they have to follow you.

-- Lawrence.

Delicious irony.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Ozzy
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Ozzy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:54 pm

Congratulations on achieving your 200 nation population milestone, Invaders!

I see you have 370+ more nations since July 8th, that's impressive!
Last edited by IM Meen on Wed May 15, 1996 1:29 pm, edited 756 times in total.

Long live the Global Liberation Army!
Leader of NS Hoofington Reapers

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

T E Lawrence
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby T E Lawrence » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Lieutenant Drunken Conquerors, formerly of the original Invaders, has been appointed to the position of Executive Officer.

Hail!
Marshal T. E. Lawrence
The Invaders

Brihimia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brihimia » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Congrats.
brihimia

The Invaders News Service
Secretary

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Invaders News Service » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:36 pm

Assistance in the Invasion of Singapore
30 July 2016

At the major update, Marshal T. E. Lawrence, Lieutenant DrunkenConquerors, Staff Sergeant FatFreddy, Sergeant Liddell Hart, Sergeant Malvacka, Corporal Fem Regioner, Corporal Yuno, and Private First Class Imudz participated in the invasion of Singapore by our friends from HYDRA Command, alongside the West Pacific, Europeia, Firehelm, and The Chaos Brigade. Twenty-six invaders swept into the port city to knock down the native delegate of thirteen endorsements. Defender response was sloppy as expected. On behalf of the entire raiding party, we'd like to thank the Wardens (Altmoras, Bodobol, Lamb Stone) and Vvardenfell (Funkadelia) for being vigilant enough to jump into the region after update, unlike their other five friends who didn't jump at all. But anyways... we contributed eight updaters. Eight!
Thank Dream Killers and Tweedy for this beauty.

Ego Sum Ideo Vici. Long live The Invaders!

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:42 pm

I'm glad that Ivo has found such great success with his new neo-nazi themed pals.
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:36 am

Funkadelia wrote:I'm glad that Ivo has found such great success with his new neo-nazi themed pals.

Did you actually call HYDRA Command "neo-nazi themed"? They're themed after Marvel comics.

What this is really about is you being salty that raiders successfully raided a region that was seeking to join the Founderless Regions Alliance, and once again the FRA has utterly failed in its promise to deliver security to founderless regions.

Congratulations to last night's raiding party on a successful operation. It's always good to see raiders score yet another humiliating defeat against the FRA.
Last edited by Cormactopia II on Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:39 am

No, I'm calling The Invaders fascist because their flag is fascist.
Funkadelia

SC#161
SC#182

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:17 am

Funkadelia wrote:No, I'm calling The Invaders fascist because their flag is fascist.

You've got to be kidding. That's actually less reasonable than the unreasonable thing I assumed you were saying. Congratulations.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

T E Lawrence
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby T E Lawrence » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:42 pm

Funkadelia wrote:No, I'm calling The Invaders fascist because their flag is fascist.

Weren't you a self-professed fascist during your Francoist-Defender nexus days?

-- Lawrence.
Marshal T. E. Lawrence
The Invaders

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:02 am

The Invaders News Service wrote:On behalf of the entire raiding party, we'd like to thank the Wardens (Altmoras, Bodobol, Lamb Stone) and Vvardenfell (Funkadelia) for being vigilant enough to jump into the region after update, unlike their other five friends who didn't jump at all.

A little while later...

Funkadelia wrote:I'm glad that Ivo has found such great success with his new neo-nazi themed pals.

Mmmm, salty.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Sandaoguo
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sandaoguo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:22 am

T E Lawrence wrote:

-- Lawrence.

Your flag is literally the official emblem of the Nazis with a fascist fist edited in.

T E Lawrence
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby T E Lawrence » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:00 am

Sandaoguo wrote:
T E Lawrence wrote:Weren't you a self-professed fascist during your Francoist-Defender nexus days?

-- Lawrence.

Your flag is literally the official emblem of the Nazis with a fascist fist edited in.

You meant anti-fascist, unless you were intentionally attempting to get a fact wrong.

-- Lawrence.
Marshal T. E. Lawrence
The Invaders

Kanaia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 05, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kanaia » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:53 am

The raised fist could mean anything really, it's such a common gesture. Here is a pretty comprehensive article about it: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-17739105
[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: The Invaders: Home of The Invader Network

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:54 am

"The Nazi Party had used a very similar symbol for itself, called the Parteiadler ("Party's eagle"). These two insignia can be distinguished as the Reichsadler looks to its right shoulder whereas the Parteiadler looks to its left shoulder."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichsadler#Modern_use

Fascists also use fist symbology, and so do white supremacists. Coupled with your pretty blatant adoption of Nazi emblems, your flag conveys obvious Nazism and white supremacy. There's no defending the use of Nazi symbolism. You're quite literally coopting the Nazi Party emblem as the flag of your group, which is a raiding group that wants to convey an image of power and intimidation.

I honestly don't know why raider groups throughout NS history have been so obsessed with Nazi imagery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:00 am

I think all invader or R/D groups should just switch to anime flags ♡
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Takane
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Takane » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:41 am

Queen Yuno wrote:I think all invader or R/D groups should just switch to anime flags ♡

Agreed. Someone should start a pure anime raiding group.

Call ourselves the Weeaboo Warriors or the Anime Army. Maybe even Otaku Organization.
Tanopuppet v2.0

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:59 pm

T E Lawrence wrote:

-- Lawrence.

No.
Funkadelia

SC#161
SC#182

Trinnien
Secretary

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Trinnien » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:47 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:"The Nazi Party had used a very similar symbol for itself, called the Parteiadler ("Party's eagle"). These two insignia can be distinguished as the Reichsadler looks to its right shoulder whereas the Parteiadler looks to its left shoulder."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichsadler#Modern_use

Fascists also use fist symbology, and so do white supremacists. Coupled with your pretty blatant adoption of Nazi emblems, your flag conveys obvious Nazism and white supremacy. There's no defending the use of Nazi symbolism. You're quite literally coopting the Nazi Party emblem as the flag of your group, which is a raiding group that wants to convey an image of power and intimidation.

I honestly don't know why raider groups throughout NS history have been so obsessed with Nazi imagery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, I agree with GR here. As such, I recalled Europeian forces from the operation in Singapore because Europeia has consistently been anti-Nazi throughout its history and while The Invader's may feel that their imagery is fine, it definitely evokes the essence of Nazism and is incompatible with Europeia's values.
Enjoying a life of bemused indifference.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:49 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:I think all invader or R/D groups should just switch to anime flags ♡

This is the best idea.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:55 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:You're quite literally coopting the Nazi Party emblem as the flag of your group, which is a raiding group that wants to convey an image of power and intimidation.

Nazis and white supremacists coopted the red flag and the raised fist, so whatever? It's lack of inventiveness, at worst. :P
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:00 pm

Frattastan II wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:You're quite literally coopting the Nazi Party emblem as the flag of your group, which is a raiding group that wants to convey an image of power and intimidation.

Nazis and white supremacists coopted the red flag and the raised fist, so whatever? It's lack of inventiveness, at worst. :P

The Nazis also coopted the Swastika but it's not allowed on the site.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay