NATION

PASSWORD

The Order of the Grey Wardens

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:17 pm

Neo Dragon wrote:Great work guys, many thanks for the defense in Middle Earth, much appreciated!

We do what we can! :)

Hopefully we'll be able to one day have enough forces to keep the world Darkspawn free.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Miporin
Attaché

Founded: Jan 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Miporin » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:27 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Neo Dragon wrote:Great work guys, many thanks for the defense in Middle Earth, much appreciated!

We do what we can! :)

Hopefully we'll be able to one day have enough forces to keep the world Darkspawn free.

A world without darkspawn is a boring one ;)

~Derps
Last edited by Miporin on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ex-Delegate, Yggdrasil
Ex-Delegate, Valhalla
Sergeant, The Black Hawks
Warden-Constable, The Order of the Grey Wardens :)

I make raidy tools too! TG me for more info.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Miporin wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:We do what we can! :)

A world without darkspawn is a boring one ;)

~Derps

Nonsense, you're always gonna be assaulting the dwarves in the Deep Roads, we just need to keep you below ground.

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Merry Rangers
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Merry Rangers » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:23 am

Congratulations to the FRA Chief of Defense that he is so well known as to get personal recognition in this report in stead of organisational recognition. Was he the only Ranger you couldn't connect to a different org?

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:40 am

Merry Rangers wrote:

Congratulations to the FRA Chief of Defense that he is so well known as to get personal recognition in this report in stead of organisational recognition. Was he the only Ranger you couldn't connect to a different org?

We've for the most part always had Dyr Nasad as his own mention, and he himself has told us a few times he is representing himself at operations. We do what we can to stoke our dear dyr's ego <3

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:05 am

Darkspawn Kill Points July 2016

"It is time for the ceremony! 17 brave warriors took to the battlefield in the month of July to see who could kill the most darkspawn in the most stylish of ways. Unfortunately, just over a third of these competitors even seem remotely competent in doing so. Furthermore, two Darkspawn not only seem to have made the list, but also make up two of the top five participants. Not only that, but our victor appears to not even be a Warden (yet). For shame, Wardens! Without further ado, let us welcome our champions.

The group of participants walk out before an excited group of fans.

"Walking out first is Roavin of the South Pacific Special Forces.What a day it must be for the South Pacific, seeing their greatest warrior take the top prize in NationStates gameplay. What's this? A crazed fan seems to have run onto the field. It's none other than Imki, the leader of the SPSF, who appears to be removing articles of clothing. You just hate to see these sort of things. Someone taking a moment that is supposed to be all about our bravest men and women and making it about themselves. She appears to have painted 'SPSF #1' on her backside and their coat of arms on her front. What a classless moment..."

As security tackles her, the judges hold up a panel that says '+5 Style Points'. Security gets off of her and she joins the rest of the pack on the field. Nobody seems to notice a fully nude Birdkeeper waving around a sign reading 'Notice Me, Senpai'.

"Olevsky, the crowd favorite, now takes center stage as the crowd chants 'MVP'. Olevsky is the highest scoring warden in the competition, having earned a meager 41 points. That's less than half of our leader. What's this? It appears that the competitor has pulled out a beer can. I can't believe it! He's chugging the beverage to the delight of the fans."

Olevsky then gives one of his loudest belches, in thanks to his supporters who still cheer him on. The sounds of Quiet Dad shouting "You'll never get laid" are drowned out by those of admiration.

"The crowd is now booing as the two darkspawn take to the field. It is really quite impressive, each of these warriors committed only one action in the competition and yet one of them will be on our podium later tonight. Ever-Wandering Souls is looking as confident as ever while Yuno poofs in and out of existence, seemingly getting distracted by objects in the 4th dimension. I wonder how embarrassed the First Warden must be right now."

The First Warden swoops in and charges at the darkspawn, sword in hand.

"Well, you had to expect this to happen. Benevolent Thomas isn't one to just let darkspawn lounge around Weisshaupt Fortress. Unfortunately as the trio enter combat, they will be disqualified from the competition just before the medal ceremony. Let us move on from this ugliness.

Dolen and Cap00ne, our new third place contenders, can be seen walking hand in hand as the crowd begins to chant Gatito. Unfortunately, Gatito didn't even place despite his impeccable style. That just leaves us now with our losers. Each of these athletes finished with negative DKP, once thought to be impossible. We ask that the crowd now readies their tomatoes for the throwing.

The first of our losers, Bodobol, is the victim of enthusiastic tomato throwing. He is followed closely by Applebania who is hoping to use Bodobol as a human shield. Both Fulcrum and Leafish appear to have died as a result of tomato pelting injuries. Deadeye Jack and Sad-States are the benefactors of a fatiguing mob, only being hit by a few remaining cherry tomatoes. As Tim and Funkadelia take center stage, the crowd is revitalized and has now begun throwing Potatoes! Just when I thought I've seen everything, I am now confronted with potatoes being used as weapons. The two cling to each other as they are pulverized by the unrelenting malevolent spectators."

Altmoras begins to run out ahead of Ben who is bringing the rear.

"Oh I see, Altmoras knows that Ben is going to receive the harshest treatment, so he is going to do his best to distance himself from Ben. Brilliant strategy! Poor Ben... I really think he is going to meet the Maker once these people get to him."

Ben is hysterically sobbing as he is drug out before everyone.

"While cross endorsing with invaders is a serious penalty, many are skeptical as it was second-to-last Altmoras who enacted the penalty. But the results are what they are... its going to take a miracle to save this young lad. What's happening here?! There's been a tare in the fade and a hand is reaching out of it! Blessed be the maker! It grabs Ben by the collar and pulls him inside before closing once again. Did he make a deal with a demon? Everyone be on the lookout for an abomination on the way home tonight."

Thanks to everyone who participated in our first iteration of Darkspawn Kill Points. Time to award our victors.

Roavin has been awarded the Megaman Legacy Collection on Steam for coming in First.

For getting second, Olevsky is awarded with creating the punishment for last place Altmoras. Olevsky will get to alter one part of Altmoras' forum profile and it's status must be maintained for an entire month. This Warden suggests a good meme to be placed in the spoiler so he is reminded of his shortcomings each time he posts.

Great Work! See you next month.

Final Results

1. Roavin: 96
2. Olevsky: 41
3. Dolen: 5
3. Cap00ne: 5
3. Imki
5. Bodobol: -15
6. Applebania: -25
7. Jack: -40
7. Sad-States: -40
9. Tim: -45
10. Funkadelia: -49
11. Altmoras: -85

Time to talk about to tonight's update. The Order set out to celebrate the promotions of both Olevsky and Altmoras with two liberations early on in the update. Afterwards, we took the fight to Firehelm and Kingdom of Great Britain. There were many pockets of darkspawn out and defenders did their best to contain their success. In the end, we managed to prevent 14 further invasions as well as supporting our ongoing occupation of Martial Arts Dojo. It's this Warden's hope that invaders will have to resize their report images to account for diminished success. The Order was joined by the FRA Rangers, The South Pacific Special Forces, Renegade Islands Alliance and the Spiritus Defense Force.

Last edited by Benevolent Thomas on Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Deat Frolfisia
Civilian

Founded: Aug 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Deat Frolfisia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:04 am

Congratulations Roavin et al.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Regions Liberated
Diplomatic Union
What happened between yesterday's major update and minor update? Ignoring a defense to score a liberation is top tier stuff.
Never Forget.

Panzer Vier
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzer Vier » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:48 am

Deat Frolfisia wrote:Congratulations Roavin et al.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Regions Liberated
Diplomatic Union
What happened between yesterday's major update and minor update? Ignoring a defense to score a liberation is top tier stuff.
Never Forget.

It's always cute to see people drawing conclusions based off of conjecture.

'Ignoring' a defense may well be a misrepresentation. Maybe there weren't enough wardens around to stop it at the time, so they didn't try. Maybe they flat-out didn't see it coming, despite the NSA page being what it is.
Heck, maybe they're actually ebil raiders, and chose now to show their face.
Any number of possibilities exist, and latching onto one of them because it suits your narrative is fallacious :)

That being said, you wardenfolk should finally get around to giving Roav honorary warden status.
~Derps Vytherov~
I mess with code on occasion, so check this out, kthx!

Want to know something about r/d? Just ask! ^^

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:44 am

“Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.”

Panzer Vier is on the right track, but they're being a bit too kind to get the right answer.

I didn't notice my microphone wasn't working until 20 minutes into update during the initial raid of Diplomatic Union, as such, when I called it out at the time nobody heard me and the region was taken. It's been liberated now though, so it's all fine.
Last edited by Altmoras on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

Panzer Vier
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzer Vier » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:33 am

Altmoras wrote:
“Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.”

Panzer Vier is on the right track, but they're being a bit too kind to get the right answer.

I didn't notice my microphone wasn't working until 20 minutes into update during the initial raid of Diplomatic Union, as such, when I called it out at the time nobody heard me and the region was taken. It's been liberated now though, so it's all fine.

See, this is why all those newfangled technomological doodads are a bad idea. Go back to the IRC days :^)
~Derps Vytherov~
I mess with code on occasion, so check this out, kthx!

Want to know something about r/d? Just ask! ^^

Harenhime
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Harenhime » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:38 am

When exactly did you take the fight to TBH? Besides saying the pile in Heroes Rise was too big to lib, that is.
My other car nation is Ever-Wandering Souls.

Former legitimate delegate of free, native, and constitutionally democratic TBR.

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:43 am

Harenhime wrote:When exactly did you take the fight to TBH? Besides saying the pile in Heroes Rise was too big to lib, that is.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Proletariat
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Sakura Kyouko
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sakura Kyouko » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:46 am

Funkadelia wrote:
Harenhime wrote:When exactly did you take the fight to TBH? Besides saying the pile in Heroes Rise was too big to lib, that is.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Proletariat

Nopes. While there were people who are undoubtedly affiliated with TBH participating in that, it wasn't a TBH run

~Derps

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:21 am

Sakura Kyouko wrote:
Funkadelia wrote:

Nopes. While there were people who are undoubtedly affiliated with TBH participating in that, it wasn't a TBH run

~Derps

This. One of those three, especially, is no longer affiliated with us at all, by their own very distinct choosing. TBH intended to run with Firehelm, but the two members online besides me and Mek decided to have their own party instead.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:09 pm

'Twas an honest mistake. Saw TBH affiliated switchers jumping out of TBH's jump point... you can see how one would assume that it was TBH. I'll edit the post.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:56 pm

Newly promoted Chamberlain Olevsky lashes out at NS lag

An eventful update for The Grey Wardens, as The Blight Hawks appeared in the skies over The World. Even High Constable Tim Stark took a pause on his tavern crawling to show up as well after numerous deserved nights of verbal abuse for skipping out on stuff for assorted reasons. Commander Altmoras hadn't seen the High Constable in so long he didn't even recognize him upon the field of battle initially. However, once established, The Grey Wardens and their staunch allies engaged the quick-flying Hawks while also supporting some various defensive operations when they could. In the end, twelve regions were successfully defended from the Blight, resulting in a rather successful night!

Regions Defended

UCL
GOP
The Command Base
Daisuke
The North Woods
Edhelenos II
Reign
Coalition Of Combined Arms
Coalition of Ordered Governments
The Glorious Laners
Future of Nirn
Farland

Regions Supported

Neko Sanctuary
Martial Arts Dojo

Wardens Involved

High Constable Tim-Opolis
Chamberlain Olevsky
Commander Altmoras
Warden Shadeseeker

Allies Involved In Our Victory

Funkadelia
Roavin
Blitze

In War, Victory.
In Peace, Vigilance.
In Death, Sacrifice.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moon rocks
Attaché

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Moon rocks » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:08 pm

Mmmm yummy Neko Sanctuary!

Good job as usual, Wardens and friends!
PUNCH!!
O=(‘-’Q)

Melody Vasentius, formerly known as Ozzy

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:41 pm

It took me forever to write my bit about the Darkspawn Kill Points and nobody's commented on it. I wish I could write cool stories like Todd :(

Altmoras
Diplomat

Postby Altmoras » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:29 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:It took me forever to write my bit about the Darkspawn Kill Points and nobody's commented on it. I wish I could write cool stories like Todd :(

I thought it was good.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:It took me forever to write my bit about the Darkspawn Kill Points and nobody's commented on it. I wish I could write cool stories like Todd :(

I was too heartbroken about my negative DKP :(

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:00 pm

How'd I end up in the negatives?
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Applebania wrote:How'd I end up in the negatives?

DKP is a heartless and arbitrary points system, man :(

Altmoras
Diplomat

Postby Altmoras » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Applebania wrote:How'd I end up in the negatives?

DKP is a heartless and arbitrary points system, man :(

Tell me about it...

Louisistan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2012

Postby Louisistan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:35 am

What did the Funkmaster do to incur your wrath like that? Last place! :o
Knight of TITO

Altmoras
Diplomat

Postby Altmoras » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:39 am

Louisistan wrote:

What did the Funkmaster do to incur your wrath like that? Last place! :o

That was all from one bad faith "Go" order. And Funk isn't even last place, he's third to last.
Last edited by Altmoras on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay