NATION

PASSWORD

The Miniluv Messenger: TEP Liberated!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Republic of Llamas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Llamas » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:14 pm

The funniest part about the NPO's "Damage Control," as you put it quite well, is what it's doing in TWP. Vlagh was likely one of the least active TWPers I'd seen, yet all of a sudden he becomes active in politics this week, casts a vote for an ex-NPO Regent as opposed to someone supporting the extension of voting rights outside the small oligarchy on our forums (Gee, wonder why), and begins posting about how the Pacific as a whole had nothing to do with this coup (We're supposed to believe that it was all Feux and a couple other rogue members, somehow). The most curious thing? This all only happens after the idea to close embassies with them comes up.

And yet, it's as if a lot of people are too terrified of offending our players who are also in the NPO to actually openly criticize the actions of TP's government. :/

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:11 pm

The Republic of Llamas wrote:The funniest part about the NPO's "Damage Control," as you put it quite well, is what it's doing in TWP. Vlagh was likely one of the least active TWPers I'd seen, yet all of a sudden he becomes active in politics this week, casts a vote for an ex-NPO Regent as opposed to someone supporting the extension of voting rights outside the small oligarchy on our forums (Gee, wonder why), and begins posting about how the Pacific as a whole had nothing to do with this coup (We're supposed to believe that it was all Feux and a couple other rogue members, somehow). The most curious thing? This all only happens after the idea to close embassies with them comes up.

And yet, it's as if a lot of people are too terrified of offending our players who are also in the NPO to actually openly criticize the actions of TP's government. :/

That's not the entire truth of the situation, but thanks for mischaracterizing TWP's reaction.

Lazmac
Attaché

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lazmac » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Consular wrote:That's not the entire truth of the situation, but thanks for mischaracterizing TWP's reaction.

I've been watching TWP as well, and that actually does look pretty much like the entire truth of the situation. Would you care to elaborate on where Llamas is wrong there?
Cormac

Χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά (Naught Without Labor)

That Called the Vlagh
Attaché

Founded: Feb 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby That Called the Vlagh » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Actually, that is completely untrue. I was absent for a couple of weeks (which was planned for and announced publicly in TWP) and returned to a pissing match between Llamas and Elegarth over the government elections. Llamas has repeatedly shown that he is ill-equipped for the role in which he is seeking (and consequently winning) election and has behaved quite irrationally over the entire situation. This post here just outlines how delusional he is. I have taken part in many discussions in TWP outside of this recent conflict and would speak against the closure of embassies with any treaties ally. I posted on 2 April that I had visitors from outside of the country taking up a lot of my time and that I would be completely incommunicado from 10-21 April. The reason I wasn't active was because I wasn't there, not because of some grand conspiracy to just pop up to support the NPO.
Last edited by That Called the Vlagh on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former administrator of TWP
Former TWP Minister of Justice
Former TWP Minister of Legislative RP
TWP Debating Champion

Lazmac
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lazmac » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:19 pm

That Called the Vlagh wrote:Actually, that is completely untrue. I was absent for a couple of weeks (which was planned for and announced publicly in TWP) and returned to a pissing match between Llamas and Elegarth over the government elections. Llamas has repeatedly shown that he is ill-equipped for the role in which he is seeking (and consequently winning) election and has behaved quite irrationally over the entire situation. This post here just outlines how delusional he is. I have taken part in many discussions in TWP outside of this recent conflict and would speak against the closure of embassies with any treaties ally.

Hearing from you that someone is ill-equipped for leadership of a Feeder or Sinker is almost a ringing endorsement at this point, Senator Pierconium. When in doubt, do the opposite of what the Regent of the New Pacific Order is telling you to do.
Cormac

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:28 pm

Lazmac wrote:
That Called the Vlagh wrote:Actually, that is completely untrue. I was absent for a couple of weeks (which was planned for and announced publicly in TWP) and returned to a pissing match between Llamas and Elegarth over the government elections. Llamas has repeatedly shown that he is ill-equipped for the role in which he is seeking (and consequently winning) election and has behaved quite irrationally over the entire situation. This post here just outlines how delusional he is. I have taken part in many discussions in TWP outside of this recent conflict and would speak against the closure of embassies with any treaties ally.

Hearing from you that someone is ill-equipped for leadership of a Feeder or Sinker is almost a ringing endorsement at this point, Senator Pierconium. When in doubt, do the opposite of what the Regent of the New Pacific Order is telling you to do.

Yes, I guess you are correct, because having a steadfast loyalty and the ability to create foundations that have withstood the test of time in the face of great diversity is obviously not the way to go. Maybe I should start being wishy-washy with my convictions or harp on about trivialities until someone comes along and points out that I am blatantly wrong and ignorant or just be such a failure that underground movements ask me not to take part because I am such an embarrassment? Nah, I like my way better. There are already too many Cormacs in this world.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Lazmac
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lazmac » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:02 am

Pierconium wrote:Yes, I guess you are correct, because having a steadfast loyalty and the ability to create foundations that have withstood the test of time in the face of great diversity is obviously not the way to go. Maybe I should start being wishy-washy with my convictions or harp on about trivialities until someone comes along and points out that I am blatantly wrong and ignorant or just be such a failure that underground movements ask me not to take part because I am such an embarrassment? Nah, I like my way better. There are already too many Cormacs in this world.

Nobody asked me not to take part except Milograd, who was, last I checked, not a participant in the underground movement. I did take part in the underground movement, and it won -- and you lost.

I'm glad you still have your petty insults to cling to and trivialities to harp on, though. How nice for you.
Cormac

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:06 am

Lazmac wrote:
Pierconium wrote:Yes, I guess you are correct, because having a steadfast loyalty and the ability to create foundations that have withstood the test of time in the face of great diversity is obviously not the way to go. Maybe I should start being wishy-washy with my convictions or harp on about trivialities until someone comes along and points out that I am blatantly wrong and ignorant or just be such a failure that underground movements ask me not to take part because I am such an embarrassment? Nah, I like my way better. There are already too many Cormacs in this world.

Nobody asked me not to take part except Milograd, who was, last I checked, not a participant in the underground movement. I did take part in the underground movement, and it won -- and you lost.

I'm glad you still have your petty insults to cling to and trivialities to harp on, though. How nice for you.

If you say so. I was just going by your own posting where you state that your involvement was hurting the cause. Of course, if that triviality is the only part of my post that concerns you and not the loyalty issues then I guess my point still stands.

Did the NPO 'lose' in Lazarus? Most assuredly. Does that mean The Pacific is ready to lay down and die? Not quite.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

Lazmac
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lazmac » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:10 am

Pierconium wrote:If you say so. I was just going by your own posting where you state that your involvement was hurting the cause. Of course, if that triviality is the only part of my post that concerns you and not the loyalty issues then I guess my point still stands.

Did the NPO 'lose' in Lazarus? Most assuredly. Does that mean The Pacific is ready to lay down and die? Not quite.

Your concerns about my loyalties don't concern me, no. Feux, Stujenske, Milograd -- all disloyal to Lazarus, all your comrades. The NPO itself was disloyal to Lazarus, a treaty ally that you pledged to protect but instead invaded and occupied. Maybe I need a lecture on loyalty, Senator, but I don't need it from the NPO.

Regarding lying down and dying, I thought that was what the NPO did best between coups.
Last edited by Lazmac on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:21 am

Lazmac wrote:
Pierconium wrote:If you say so. I was just going by your own posting where you state that your involvement was hurting the cause. Of course, if that triviality is the only part of my post that concerns you and not the loyalty issues then I guess my point still stands.

Your concerns about my loyalties don't concern me, no. Feux, Stujenske, Milograd -- all disloyal to Lazarus, all your comrades. The NPO itself was disloyal to Lazarus, a treaty ally that you pledged to protect but instead invaded and occupied. Maybe I need a lecture on loyalty, Senator, but I don't need it from the NPO.

Regarding lying down and dying, I thought that was what the NPO did best between coups.

Actually, outside of a brief forum exchange after the fact, I have never spoken with Stujenske. Milograd has been out of the Pacific Senate for some time. Their actions in Lazarus are inconsequential to me or the NPO from a political standpoint, even if I have some opinions on them.

I have no concerns about your loyalties, just pointing out that they seem somewhat fluid historically. Not exactly the trait of a great leader.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Lazmac
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lazmac » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:31 am

Pierconium wrote:Actually, outside of a brief forum exchange after the fact, I have never spoken with Stujenske. Milograd has been out of the Pacific Senate for some time. Their actions in Lazarus are inconsequential to me or the NPO from a political standpoint, even if I have some opinions on them.

I have no concerns about your loyalties, just pointing out that they seem somewhat fluid historically. Not exactly the trait of a great leader.

We really don't want to go down the path of historically fluid loyalties. My questionable actions are just fresher in everyone's minds and pinned to one persona, whereas you hide your disloyalty behind fraudulent duality and the passage of time. But those here long enough to remember or those who have done some reading will know about your betrayal of the Alliance Defense Network, your coup against The North Pacific, and your mass purge of The Pacific, among other things.

Anyway, as much as I enjoy this banter I do have better things to do than harp on about trivialities with you. Good luck to the NPO in its whitewashing endeavor, and with the Security Council resolution currently at vote. Goodnight, Senator.
Cormac

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:46 am

Lazmac wrote:
Pierconium wrote:Actually, outside of a brief forum exchange after the fact, I have never spoken with Stujenske. Milograd has been out of the Pacific Senate for some time. Their actions in Lazarus are inconsequential to me or the NPO from a political standpoint, even if I have some opinions on them.

We really don't want to go down the path of historically fluid loyalties. My questionable actions are just fresher in everyone's minds and pinned to one persona, whereas you hide your disloyalty behind fraudulent duality and the passage of time. But those here long enough to remember or those who have done some reading will know about your betrayal of the Alliance Defense Network, your coup against The North Pacific, and your mass purge of The Pacific, among other things.

Anyway, as much as I enjoy this banter I do have better things to do than harp on about trivialities with you. Good luck to the NPO in its whitewashing endeavor, and with the Security Council resolution currently at vote. Goodnight, Senator.

I hide nothing and am typically the source of that historical information. But, just to be clear, the shift within the ADN from a multi-region alliance dedicated to the preservation of regional security to a hate-filled conglomerate of pseudo-invaders with the sole objective of removing any natively supported government that did not fit within its ideological framework had much more to do with a realisation that I was on the wrong side 12 years ago than any question of loyalty.

As for the part Pierconium played in the unfortunate events within The North Pacific almost a decade ago, something which seems to have unfortunately spawned a whole generation of coupers, I have expressed my apologies to that region numerous times and I have an associated nation there that has worked for years now within their selected organisation seeking to uphold the ideals of that community. Those actions will likely never be fully overcome but one does try.

So yes, you and everyone else here could probably take a lesson on loyalty from someone like me. Someone that has screwed up personally in the past and has spent years attempting to correct those mistakes on many different levels.

As for the Security Council resolution, we will wear it with pride as a symbol that those who disagree with us can condemn us, but they can not remove us. I have already voted in favor.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:29 am

Lazmac wrote:

Pierconium has a better track record then yourself, so pot meet kettle.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Wickedly evil people
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Wickedly evil people » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:32 am

The Republic of Llamas wrote:The funniest part about the NPO's "Damage Control," as you put it quite well, is what it's doing in TWP. Vlagh was likely one of the least active TWPers I'd seen, yet all of a sudden he becomes active in politics this week, casts a vote for an ex-NPO Regent as opposed to someone supporting the extension of voting rights outside the small oligarchy on our forums (Gee, wonder why), and begins posting about how the Pacific as a whole had nothing to do with this coup (We're supposed to believe that it was all Feux and a couple other rogue members, somehow). The most curious thing? This all only happens after the idea to close embassies with them comes up.

You're making your position untenable before you actually achieve it, you have to earn political backing, you're doing the opposite, you're earning political enmity.

TWP is a long time formal ally of TP, there was no reason to discuss closing our Embassy with them, they had violated no terms of the treaty. They had been running Lazarus for years, the so called coup was nothing but semantics. Granted it hurt a lot of feelings of the long time members, Kazmr and his team deserve a lot of credit for overcoming the former Delegate and gaining the seat.
Eli

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:54 am

Wow. What a flaming eff-up. How can anyone have so little political acumen.

Guess who was brought to our region, just like he was brought to Lazarus? Milo brought him. Perhaps it's time to consider his incredible ineptitude is the necessary precursor to people running to the NPO for capable leaders.

You have over stayed your welcome, Llamas.

*facepalms*. Why would you do this? You had the election won, you.... gah!

I'm done. You can't fix [word the mods will warn me for]
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Wickedly evil people
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Wickedly evil people » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:12 am

it is amazing :roll:
Eli

Mediobogdum
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Mediobogdum » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:24 am

Darkesia wrote:How can anyone have so little political acumen. *facepalms*. Why would you do this? You had the election won, you.... gah!

Arrogance, perhaps?
Medio
ElderGrump Sage, Lord of Doll Guldur, Knight of The Sacred Order, Rabbit Clan Chieftain

The Republic of Llamas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Llamas » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:45 pm

Mediobogdum wrote:
Darkesia wrote:How can anyone have so little political acumen. *facepalms*. Why would you do this? You had the election won, you.... gah!

Arrogance, perhaps?

Or perhaps actual experience with this? I was a Lazarene. I saw what the NPO can and will do to a region, every time they get the chance. They slowly turned us into a satellite state, stripped us of our sovereignty, and forced us into the role of the least active Sinker in the game.

I don't do what gets me a political position. I proved that when I refused to back down in my support for Lazarene Democracy. I do what's right for the region, and every time it proves to have been the wrong choice if what I wanted was power. Luckily, that's not what I want.

Lazmac
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Lazmac » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Darkesia wrote:Wow. What a flaming eff-up. How can anyone have so little political acumen.

Guess who was brought to our region, just like he was brought to Lazarus? Milo brought him. Perhaps it's time to consider his incredible ineptitude is the necessary precursor to people running to the NPO for capable leaders.

If The West Pacific is desperate enough to "run to the NPO for capable leaders," you deserve whatever you're going to get as a consequence of that extremely foolish choice.
Cormac

Ikania
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ikania » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:32 pm

Darkesia wrote:Wow. What a flaming eff-up. How can anyone have so little political acumen.

You have over stayed your welcome, Llamas.

*facepalms*. Why would you do this? You had the election won, you.... gah!

I'm done. You can't fix [word the mods will warn me for]

Milo didn't bring him, I brought him. And I'm glad I did, because he's exactly the person your region needs. Unfortunately, in the minds of your oligarchy, the status quo must be maintained at all costs and nothing can change. Obviously anyone who points out problems in our great region is completely unwelcome!
Ike Speardane
Executive Advisor in The League.
Proud soldier in the service of The Grey Wardens.
Three-time Defendervision winner. NSG Senate veteran.
Knuckle-dragging fuckstick from a backwater GCR. #SPRDNZ
Land Value Tax would fix this
СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:34 pm

My thoughts on the above discussion:

Crazygirl was Pier's frien- I mean frienem- I mean frenemeind.
Zaolat thinks Lazmac and Pierconium are cookware, but they sound more like made-up chemicals to me.
Suggesting that people should look to the NPO for capable leaders is like suggesting that people should look to a swarm of locusts for reliable farmhands.
Apparently being a Secretary-General in TWP with a history of calling things as you see them is fine... until you say too much.
"Suddenly, Ike!"
Pierconium is the Anti-Onder.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The Republic of Llamas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Llamas » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:02 pm

The Republic of Llamas wrote:And yet, it's as if a lot of people are too terrified of offending our players who are also in the NPO to actually openly criticize the actions of TP's government. :/

I will admit that this part of my rant/post went perhaps a bit too far. I was projecting a bit. I myself was afraid to oppose the NPO for quite a while, and I let that taint my vision of others to the point where I said something that might be seen as offensive to members of TWP, despite the fact that this was never my intention. My intention was to make it absolutely clear what the NPO is doing to us. I stand by everything else I said in that post. The NPO is the most inefficient, inactive, and all-around worst regime in all the GCRs. The idea that they are currently infiltrating us makes me shudder.

Ikania
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ikania » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:04 pm

The Republic of Llamas wrote:
The Republic of Llamas wrote:And yet, it's as if a lot of people are too terrified of offending our players who are also in the NPO to actually openly criticize the actions of TP's government. :/

I will admit that this part of my rant/post went perhaps a bit too far. I was projecting a bit. I myself was afraid to oppose the NPO for quite a while, and I let that taint my vision of others to the point where I said something that might be seen as offensive to members of TWP, despite the fact that this was never my intention. My intention was to make it absolutely clear what the NPO is doing to us. I stand by everything else I said in that post. The NPO is the most inefficient, inactive, and all-around worst regime in all the GCRs. The idea that they are currently infiltrating us makes me shudder.

You're being lynch mobbed on the TWP forums for pointing stuff out. Talk about an overreaction.
Ike Speardane
Executive Advisor in The League.
Proud soldier in the service of The Grey Wardens.
Three-time Defendervision winner. NSG Senate veteran.
Knuckle-dragging fuckstick from a backwater GCR. #SPRDNZ
Land Value Tax would fix this
СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:14 pm

Ikania wrote:
The Republic of Llamas wrote:I will admit that this part of my rant/post went perhaps a bit too far. I was projecting a bit. I myself was afraid to oppose the NPO for quite a while, and I let that taint my vision of others to the point where I said something that might be seen as offensive to members of TWP, despite the fact that this was never my intention. My intention was to make it absolutely clear what the NPO is doing to us. I stand by everything else I said in that post. The NPO is the most inefficient, inactive, and all-around worst regime in all the GCRs. The idea that they are currently infiltrating us makes me shudder.

You're being lynch mobbed on the TWP forums for pointing stuff out. Talk about an overreaction.

Seriously?

If TWP ousts their Sec-Gen over this, they're fucking up. Big-time.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
Ikania wrote:You're being lynch mobbed on the TWP forums for pointing stuff out. Talk about an overreaction.

Seriously?

If TWP ousts their Sec-Gen over this, they're fucking up. Big-time.

Well, when they cry about the New Western Pacific Order, I won't shed a tear.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay