NATION

PASSWORD

The Miniluv Messenger: TEP Liberated!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:25 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:Cormac if you truly had such a vital intelligence operation running, why would you publicly disclose it?

It's not Cormac's intel op. Basic reading comprehension will tell you that. :palm:

Also, as was established earlier on in this conversation, tossing verbal shit at people from behind a puppet earns you no points.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
The Silver Sentinel wrote:Cormac if you truly had such a vital intelligence operation running, why would you publicly disclose it?

It's not Cormac's intel op. Basic reading comprehension will tell you that. :palm:

But he is aware of it, is he not? If it so vital why disclose it, possibly jeopardizing it? This is nothing more than someone trying to spruce up boring gamplay with a scoop, as to try and stimulate conversation. While admirable, there are better ways of going about it, without dragging peoples names through the mud.

Also, as was established earlier on in this conversation, tossing verbal shit at people from behind a puppet earns you no points.

Happens all the time in gameplay. Please read the telegram I sent you for further explanation,

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:58 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:But he is aware of it, is he not? If it so vital why disclose it, possibly jeopardizing it?

In this instance, assuming there is an intelligence operation, the operative within the operation gave information about a coup to Cormac, a player with a reputation for leaking information about coups.

I'd say the operative felt it was important to get out there, and Cormac did as well.

That's assuming this is not a load of bullshit. I'm not swinging either way on what it is at this point.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Dr Ivo
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr Ivo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:01 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:But he is aware of it, is he not? If it so vital why disclose it, possibly jeopardizing it?

Why would Cormac choose to disclose information that would jeopardize the intelligence operation? The operative, whoever he/she may be, chose to go to Cormac to publish these suspicions. If you actually read the article, you would find informative parts such as...:
When asked to provide evidence of this plot, the operative provided a partial screen shot of a Skype conversation as well as alleged IRC logs. The operative has asked that this evidence not be published as it is part of an ongoing intelligence operation that could jeopardize vital intelligence assets. When asked why this information has not been provided to the Osiris Fraternal Order, the operative frankly stated: "We don't know exactly who else is in on it."

...that obviously state that no sensitive information is being published and nothing here would threaten OpSec.
The Silver Sentinel wrote:This is nothing more than someone trying to spruce up boring gamplay with a scoop, as to try and stimulate conversation. While admirable, there are better ways of going about it, without dragging peoples names through the mud.

If you had been following the Miniluv Messenger (which I'm sure you have), you would know that these articles are not, in their slightest sense, propaganda or written to "try and stimulate conversation".

I'm actually curious who the puppetmaster is behind you, but hey, even intel guys can't know everything right? ;)
Osiris Fraternal Order

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Dr Ivo wrote:

Why would Cormac choose to disclose information that would jeopardize the intelligence operation? The operative, whoever he/she may be, chose to go to Cormac to publish these suspicions. If you actually read the article, you would find informative parts such as...:
When asked to provide evidence of this plot, the operative provided a partial screen shot of a Skype conversation as well as alleged IRC logs. The operative has asked that this evidence not be published as it is part of an ongoing intelligence operation that could jeopardize vital intelligence assets. When asked why this information has not been provided to the Osiris Fraternal Order, the operative frankly stated: "We don't know exactly who else is in on it."

The problem is that no proof has been provided. Typically, Cormac is not wrong with his MM articles, and he doesn't post these exposes just to cause a ruckus. But as The Stalker posted earlier, we should all remain skeptical. There is literally zero proof, and there are a slew of possibilities as why Cormac would benefit from lying about Ainocra.
Last edited by Funkadelia on Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Ridersyl wrote:

In this instance, assuming there is an intelligence operation, the operative within the operation gave information about a coup to Cormac, a player with a reputation for leaking information about coups.

I'd say the operative felt it was important to get out there, and Cormac did as well.

That's assuming this is not a load of bullshit. I'm not swinging either way on what it is at this point.

Given the recent events in the FRA, this could possibly be true but I am not holding my breath. I do find it remotely interesting that it is Cormac that is disclosing this information. The very same Cormac that made the deal with Durk to end the Osiris coup, and then reneged on the whole deal. While that deal was outrageous in itself, does it not call Cormac's credibility in to question, especially when it comes to the matters of Osiris? If this was Balder, or any other feeder except for maybe TRR, I wouldn't even question it. Cormac has far too much history with Osiris, and TRR to be taken at his good word when it comes to those two regions. I guess time will only tell if he is telling the truth or not.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:41 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:Given the recent events in the FRA, this could possibly be true but I am not holding my breath. I do find it remotely interesting that it is Cormac that is disclosing this information. The very same Cormac that made the deal with Durk to end the Osiris coup, and then reneged on the whole deal. While that deal was outrageous in itself, does it not call Cormac's credibility in to question, especially when it comes to the matters of Osiris? If this was Balder, or any other feeder except for maybe TRR, I wouldn't even question it. Cormac has far too much history with Osiris, and TRR to be taken at his good word when it comes to those two regions. I guess time will only tell if he is telling the truth or not.

Who are you? Obviously someone other than "The Silver Sentinel." Come out from behind that puppet if you want anyone to take you seriously, otherwise you're just a coward behind a puppet taking shots at me because you're too scared to do it with your main or because doing it with your main would destroy your already limited credibility.

For the record, by the way, in reference to your earlier posts, TMM has not accused Separatist Peoples of anything, SP is not mentioned in the article, and I have no information about SP. Try actually reading what you're attacking.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
For the record, by the way, in reference to your earlier posts, TMM has not accused Separatist Peoples of anything, SP is not mentioned in the article, and I have no information about SP. Try actually reading what you're attacking.

The operative alleges that high profile members of Gatesville Inc, Antarctic Oasis, and Monkey Island have been involved in the conspiracy, allegedly including Delegate Mousebumples of Europeia, Queen Nevadar of Gatesville Inc, Durkadurkiranistan II, and The Dourian Embassy himself.

The Delegacy is the highest position that can obtained in Monkey Island, so therefore one can only extrapolate that you are referring to Separatist Peoples. The only other member of that region that is even remotely active is Mouse via the founder account. Unless you are referring to Yelda?

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:38 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:The Delegacy is the highest position that can obtained in Monkey Island, so therefore one can only extrapolate that you are referring to Separatist Peoples. The only other member of that region that is even remotely active is Mouse via the founder account. Unless you are referring to Yelda?

The article clearly mentions Mousebumples. Three times, at least.

The Miniluv Messenger
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miniluv Messenger » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Big Brother is watching Gameplay

Feeder Frenzy: Conference Called on Lazarene Recruitment

Delegations from all nine Feeders and Sinkers are attending a conference to discuss Lazarus recruiting from Feeders.

By Cormac Skollvaldr

1 INFINITE LOOP - Multiple anonymous sources, including one participating in the conference, have reported to The Miniluv Messenger that a conference between the Feeders and Sinkers is currently being hosted in The East Pacific. The conference is reported to include delegations from all nine Feeders and Sinkers, and its subject matter is recent Lazarene telegram recruitment from the Feeders. The Feeders are reportedly unhappy with Lazarene recruitment efforts, though reports indicate that at least two are considering granting permission for recruitment with some rate limits and content limitations imposed.

The concept of Feeders and Sinkers recruiting from each other has long been controversial, though it has occasionally been considered by Sinkers. It has long been observed by Sinker governments that it is more difficult to motivate resurrecting nations to participate in regional communities than it is to motivate newly created nations, the natural source of Feeder activity. All four Sinkers have at times struggled with activity, and inactivity within the government or among the general populace has been cited as a contributing factor in previous coups d'etat against Lazarus and Osiris.

Perhaps one of the most stunning developments of the conference is the inclusion of the New Pacific Order, which means that Lazarus is being called to account for its recruitment decisions to, among others, the regime which perpetrated a coup d'etat and occupation against the now defunct People's Republic of Lazarus earlier this year. The inclusion of the NPO in this conference indicates an ongoing reversal of the NPO's fortunes among its fellow Feeders as well as the Sinkers, a reversal that began with The East Pacific's earlier decision to re-establish diplomatic relations with the NPO and admit several participants in the coup against Lazarus to citizenship. Many Feeders and Sinkers had previously distanced themselves from the NPO following the coup against Lazarus, severing diplomatic relations and helping to pass landmark Security Council legislation against the regime.

Representatives from the Feeders and Sinkers were approached for comment regarding the conference, after the Messenger had already independently confirmed the conference was taking place.

SillyString, Delegate of The North Pacific, stated: "Well, GCRs not recruiting newly founded nations is a longstanding tradition, and any change to that status quo merits discussion of the issues and resolution - whether that's condemnation of the violating region, or an agreed-upon change in policy going forward."

When asked why the Feeders were so concerned with four more regions recruiting from their pool of newly created nations when faced daily with mass recruitment by user-created regions, Delegate SillyString added: "I can't really speak for everyone, other than to say that my perspective is not universal. But for me, Sinkers fall in between Feeders and UCRs. They do get some of their own nations, but the number and quality of nations they receive is significantly lower on average than that of the feeders which means that even if they engage in extensive internal naturalization efforts their efforts are generally minimally effective. But not non-existent - unlike UCRs, who literally will not exist if they don't make efforts to recruit."

When asked specifically about the inclusion of the NPO in the conference, Delegate SillyString responded: "Despite what its other flaws may be, The Pacific has abided by that same standard just as the other GCRs have - at least to the best of my knowledge - and would be affected by either change or condemnation."

Hileville, Minister of Foreign Affairs for The South Pacific, also addressed these issues in a brief statement: "The GCR conference that is currently ongoing was called after the start of a recruitment campaign by Lazarus in the GCR's. We are discussing the longstanding unwritten agreement between GCR's to not recruit from one another. The game has changed over time and it is important to evaluate things that have not been done in the past to see if they would better fit in today's NationStates environment. The South Pacific has always been willing to discuss the matter of GCR recruitment and we are pleased to see an ongoing discussion on the matter. We are very optimistic about coming to an agreement that will be good for all GCR's."

Regarding inclusion of the NPO in the conference, Minister Hileville added: "The changes that we are discussing would directly impact all GCR's. Not including The Pacific would have been a mistake and we are happy to see them attending. We are glad that the GCR's can still come together despite what has happened between us to discuss matters pertaining to the GCR community as a whole."

Representatives from the other Feeders and Sinkers could not be reached for comment.
Last edited by The Miniluv Messenger on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Miniluv Messenger
Big Brother is Watching Gameplay

NationStates Forum | Dispatches

Please up-vote our dispatches!

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:13 pm

While I appreciate the reporting done by the Messenger, the frame in which this article puts the conference is inaccurate. This conference was not chastising Lazarus for what they had done, it was conversation about what had happened and what could be done going forward. While I don't see why The Pacific had a place at this conference, The East Pacific had invited all of the feeders and sinkers to the conference, so I suppose from their perspective it would have been appropriate to not exclude one.

To be clear, no agreement exists as it is. There was a lot of discussion about how Lazarus had stirred up some dust (while, I might add, many agreed that sinkers are generally justified in taking this sort of action), but nothing much more has progressed beyond that.
Last edited by Funkadelia on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkadelia

SC#161
SC#182

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:29 pm

The conference should have been chastising if it wasn't, Lazarus recruits without so much as a recent conversation, and then other GCRs are essentially forced to the table to discuss it, or otherwise allow Lazarus to spam all our new nations.

I hope that Lazarus considers doing internal recruitment instead of just externally recruiting from other Game Created Regions, recruitment should occur across many different mediums if it is to be effective, beyond simply an occasional mass telegram to every nation in the region. If you want the region to be active, then the work needs to go into making it work.

Even if it is recognised that sinkers have a harder task of getting 'new' members, it doesn't mean that Lazarus should not have to internally recruit on an ongoing basis. Everything I have seen and heard from members of Lazarus indicates that they do not take a coordinated or serious approach to internal recruitment at this point in time.

I am completely against a policy that only allows the sinkers to recruit, but not other GCRs. It strikes me as a policy of appeasement for Lazarus, which is not something I would support. Especially when no effort appears to be taken to internally recruit. From TNP's case, an organized approach to internal recruitment across telegrams, dispatches, the RMB, and many other methods has proven to be very effective if you put the work in. Active game created regions who take internal recruitment seriously, should not be forced to take responsibility for inactive governments who don't take it seriously.

I believe that game created regions should not recruit from each other at all.

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:41 pm

McMasterdonia wrote:The conference should have been chastising if it wasn't, Lazarus recruits without so much as a recent conversation, and then other GCRs are essentially forced to the table to discuss it, or otherwise allow Lazarus to spam all our new nations.

They were not forced to the table. There was a discussion created without anyone except for one member of TNP consulting me or the Sovereign. I also find it ironic that you decry Lazarus "spamming" your new nations while apparently it's fine for everyone else to do it.

I hope that Lazarus considers doing internal recruitment instead of just externally recruiting from other Game Created Regions, recruitment should occur across many different mediums if it is to be effective, beyond simply an occasional mass telegram to every nation in the region. If you want the region to be active, then the work needs to go into making it work.

You imply we haven't done that already. You can take those implications and assumptions elsewhere.

Even if it is recognised that sinkers have a harder task of getting 'new' members, it doesn't mean that Lazarus should not have to internally recruit on an ongoing basis. Everything I have seen and heard from members of Lazarus indicates that they do not take a coordinated or serious approach to internal recruitment at this point in time.

See above.

I am completely against a policy that only allows the sinkers to recruit, but not other GCRs. It strikes me as a policy of appeasement for Lazarus, which is not something I would support. Especially when no effort appears to be taken to internally recruit. From TNP's case, an organized approach to internal recruitment across telegrams, dispatches, the RMB, and many other methods has proven to be very effective if you put the work in. Active game created regions who take internal recruitment seriously, should not be forced to take responsibility for inactive governments who don't take it seriously.

What strikes me is your belligerent attitude toward Lazarus. Your words including "appeasement" really show that you'd rather frame Lazarus as some sort of an aggressor rather than a region trying to get by and having a miscommunication with everyone else. If you really want to get anywhere, try to start without addressing the region you're trying to have a discussion with with such conceit. I hope you're not speaking from any position of authority with such vitriol.
Funkadelia

SC#161
SC#182

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:07 am

The Miniluv Messenger wrote:The inclusion of the NPO in this conference indicates an ongoing reversal of the NPO's fortunes among its fellow Feeders as well as the Sinkers, a reversal that began with The East Pacific's earlier decision to re-establish diplomatic relations with the NPO and admit several participants in the coup against Lazarus to citizenship.

Emphasis is naturally mine.

To my knowledge, we have "let in" one participant: Feux. AMOM was already a citizen and has been for...quite a while. Two or three years, if I had to guess.
Last edited by Ramaeus on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just some weeb.

Falapatorius
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Falapatorius » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 am

McMasterdonia wrote:I am completely against a policy that only allows the sinkers to recruit, but not other GCRs.

Feeders ideally shouldn't need to recruit, nations are founded there. To be fair though, recruitment guidelines should apply universally.
Last edited by Falapatorius on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 am

McMasterdonia wrote:The conference should have been chastising if it wasn't, Lazarus recruits without so much as a recent conversation, and then other GCRs are essentially forced to the table to discuss it, or otherwise allow Lazarus to spam all our new nations.

Accusations of spam should be filed via GHR.

In all seriousness, Lazarus isn't spamming anyone and while I respect and like you as an individual, your comments are indicative of a Feeder elitism that should be crushed and that Lazarus should completely disregard. Lazarus was recruiting, just like dozens of UCRs are recruiting, and they are doing no more damage to The North Pacific or any other Feeder than is any UCR that recruits. To be blunt, neither TNP nor any other region has veto power over Lazarus' or any other region's sovereign recruitment decisions and the fact that this conference even exists is preposterous.

McMasterdonia wrote:I hope that Lazarus considers doing internal recruitment instead of just externally recruiting from other Game Created Regions, recruitment should occur across many different mediums if it is to be effective, beyond simply an occasional mass telegram to every nation in the region. If you want the region to be active, then the work needs to go into making it work.

What other kind of internal recruitment do you expect Sinkers to do? Resurrected nations have heard it all before and they aren't that interested; many of them don't even log back in after resurrecting. We did our best to internally recruit while I was Pharaoh of Osiris, but it's difficult to even get nations involved in the in-game regions in the Sinkers, not to mention off-site forums. As someone who has never been deeply involved in Sinker recruitment or retention, with all due respect, you have no idea what trying to sustain an active Sinker is like.

McMasterdonia wrote:I am completely against a policy that only allows the sinkers to recruit, but not other GCRs. It strikes me as a policy of appeasement for Lazarus, which is not something I would support. Especially when no effort appears to be taken to internally recruit. From TNP's case, an organized approach to internal recruitment across telegrams, dispatches, the RMB, and many other methods has proven to be very effective if you put the work in. Active game created regions who take internal recruitment seriously, should not be forced to take responsibility for inactive governments who don't take it seriously.

The idea that this is about "appeasement for Lazarus" is just silly. I considered conducting telegram recruitment both times I served as Pharaoh of Osiris, and it's something that all four of the Sinkers should seriously consider. They just do not have the same natural pool of fresh, ready to play nations that Feeders have. "From TNP's case" is a ludicrous way to begin a sentence related to this topic -- you get more nations than any other Feeder, way more than the Sinkers, and yours are new rather than returning players.

McMasterdonia wrote:I believe that game created regions should not recruit from each other at all.

That is a luxury that you have in TNP. You can run r3n's and Eluvatar's barrage of API telegrams and get results. In Sinkers, those telegrams get ignored or blocked. You have no idea what you're talking about because you're speaking from a position in which activity is handed to you in a way that is unique to Feeders, and especially to TNP.

Falapatorius
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Falapatorius » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:36 am

Ramaeus wrote:To my knowledge, we have "let in" one participant: Feux. AMOM was already a citizen and has been for...quite a while. Two or three years, if I had to guess.

Ahh.. cosmos in the morning.. breathtaking.

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:50 am

Funkadelia wrote:

They were not forced to the table. There was a discussion created without anyone except for one member of TNP consulting me or the Sovereign. I also find it ironic that you decry Lazarus "spamming" your new nations while apparently it's fine for everyone else to do it.

UCR's don't have any other option for getting new members. We also have retaliated against regions who do mass telegram our region all at once, which has had some effectiveness at preventing that from occuring.

You imply we haven't done that already. You can take those implications and assumptions elsewhere.

See above.

I welcome you to prove me wrong in regards to internal recruitment, but from what I've seen personally, and from what I have heard from members of Lazarus recruitment is essentially limited to messages from the Delegate. Simply saying that you are doing it, isn't going to convince me, or any other people who are seriously against this policy. I would say that other regions would have been willing to help with infrastructure work to help make internal recruitment better. For instance our internal recruitment involved last year, approximately 100,000 scripted telegrams, with another 10,000+ manual telegrams. This of course excludes dispatches, RMB posts, and other methods of communication that we use. If these telegrams are targeted effecitvely the results are excellent.

The results may not be /as/ effective as they are in Lazarus, but it would be better than not doing them. Again, I'd welcome to hear what is being done to internally recruit. You can just dismiss my suggestions as you wish, but I do feel that Lazarus should be actively internally recruiting on an ongoing basis, in a highly organised manner, if they are going to achieve the best results. External recruitment is not the only answer.

And to Cormac I say yes, these are the results of r3n's Delegacy and his policies. Many of these initiatives are operated manually, however, and the automation is limited to generating a list of nations. I'm certain with the wide number of people skilled with coding and the like in NS, that it wouldn't be difficult for that initiative to be rolled out elsewhere. It is also worth nothing that TNP has offered this infrastructure to other game created regions.

What strikes me is your belligerent attitude toward Lazarus. Your words including "appeasement" really show that you'd rather frame Lazarus as some sort of an aggressor rather than a region trying to get by and having a miscommunication with everyone else. If you really want to get anywhere, try to start without addressing the region you're trying to have a discussion with with such conceit. I hope you're not speaking from any position of authority with such vitriol.

"Miscommunication". Well, you say that, but it is very long standing policy that GCR regions recruiting from one another is not what we do. It appears that the decision to recruit without consulting widely on the matter first, has achieved the desired result - that is a conference with what I expect will be an agreement to allow Lazarus to recruit from other game created regions.

I used the term appeasement, because it was decided that this conference be held - with the intention of reaching an agreement to recruit appears to only to appease Lazarus and their desire to recruit. As Falapatorious said, feeders do not need to recruit, however, if there is a decision that recruitment should happen in GCRs then I'd expect such a decision to be applied equally allowing all game created regions to recruit from one another.

I'm speaking as McMasterdonia. I'm not going to put disclaimers on every post I write, that is nonsense, and as you know (Funkadelia), I have had no involvement in the conference whatsoever.
Last edited by McMasterdonia on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:05 am

Representatives from the other Feeders and Sinkers could not be reached for comment.

That's a bit of a b/s line if you didn't even try. :P
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:08 am

Fair, balanced, and accurate as always. *rollseyes*

For the record, The Pacific was not approached for comment.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:20 am

Guy wrote:

I queried both you and your Officer of Foreign Affairs on IRC. Neither of you responded, presumably because neither of you were available -- hence, you could not be reached for comment.

Pierconium wrote:Fair, balanced, and accurate as always. *rollseyes*

Would you care to point out how it is inaccurate?

I checked to see if either you or Senator Elegarth were on IRC at the time I was writing the article and neither of you were. IRC is the medium I use for most of my communication, and the medium I was using to contact Feeder and Sinker representatives yesterday. Neither of you were on IRC, hence neither of you could be reached for comment. This is not a difficult concept.

This is not a real life newspaper. I had a window in which to write this article yesterday, after which I wouldn't have time or energy to get this written and published until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. I'm not going to delay news for days to wait for each and every Feeder or Sinker representative to have ample opportunity to comment, especially when I anticipate the response from the NPO to be "no comment." Representatives of two Feeders were available during that window and they commented; sorry no one from the NPO was available, feel free to release a statement on the conference if you feel deprived of the opportunity to be relevant.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:28 am

Cormac Stark wrote:
Guy wrote:That's a bit of a b/s line if you didn't even try. :P

I queried both you and your Officer of Foreign Affairs on IRC. Neither of you responded, presumably because neither of you were available -- hence, you could not be reached for comment.

Pierconium wrote:Fair, balanced, and accurate as always. *rollseyes*

I checked to see if either you or Senator Elegarth were on IRC at the time I was writing the article and neither of you were. IRC is the medium I use for most of my communication, and the medium I was using to contact Feeder and Sinker representatives yesterday. Neither of you were on IRC, hence neither of you could be reached for comment. This is not a difficult concept.

This is not a real life newspaper. I had a window in which to write this article yesterday, after which I wouldn't have time or energy to get this written and published until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. I'm not going to delay news for days to wait for each and every Feeder or Sinker representative to have ample opportunity to comment, especially when I anticipate the response from the NPO to be "no comment." Representatives of two Feeders were available during that window and they commented; sorry no one from the NPO was available, feel free to release a statement on the conference if you feel deprived of the opportunity to be relevant.

Oh, I don't feel deprived of anything. The entire slant of your article points to just how 'relevant' The Pacific is in this discussion.

The article is inaccurate in its portrayal of the conference as punitive towards Lazarus. I have not experienced it as being such at all, especially within the context of 'Lazarus is being called to account' before the NPO. That is not what has occurred or what has been discussed.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:05 am

McMasterdonia wrote:I welcome you to prove me wrong in regards to internal recruitment, but from what I've seen personally, and from what I have heard from members of Lazarus recruitment is essentially limited to messages from the Delegate. Simply saying that you are doing it, isn't going to convince me, or any other people who are seriously against this policy. I would say that other regions would have been willing to help with infrastructure work to help make internal recruitment better. For instance our internal recruitment involved last year, approximately 100,000 scripted telegrams, with another 10,000+ manual telegrams. This of course excludes dispatches, RMB posts, and other methods of communication that we use. If these telegrams are targeted effecitvely the results are excellent.

The results may not be /as/ effective as they are in Lazarus, but it would be better than not doing them. Again, I'd welcome to hear what is being done to internally recruit. You can just dismiss my suggestions as you wish, but I do feel that Lazarus should be actively internally recruiting on an ongoing basis, in a highly organised manner, if they are going to achieve the best results. External recruitment is not the only answer.

And to Cormac I say yes, these are the results of r3n's Delegacy and his policies. Many of these initiatives are operated manually, however, and the automation is limited to generating a list of nations. I'm certain with the wide number of people skilled with coding and the like in NS, that it wouldn't be difficult for that initiative to be rolled out elsewhere. It is also worth nothing that TNP has offered this infrastructure to other game created regions.

You're asking me to prove a negative. I think it's very naive and condescending of you to claim such an authoritative position on something you really don't know anything about. You have no idea how Lazarus has worked for years, and are really showing a general ignorance of how sinkers work in general. You can't even come close to comparing The North Pacific and Lazarus in any way whatsoever. We have done pretty regular in game recruiting since 2013, and there has been virtually no yield from that.

I think it's also quite ignorant of you to claim that Feeders and Sinkers can be compared, when feeders get brand new nations by design, where they are more willing to stay in the regions they found in for obvious reasons, where sinkers naturally gain nations that have either 1) Recently refounded and quickly move back to the region they CTE'd in or 2) CTE'd, only to CTE again shortly after due to a lack of desire to log into their nation. Sinkers naturally gain nations who either really don't want to be in the region, or never really fully get in the game, and feeders have the construction where they gain totally new nations that like to stay where they have founded because of one reason or another.

"Miscommunication". Well, you say that, but it is very long standing policy that GCR regions recruiting from one another is not what we do. It appears that the decision to recruit without consulting widely on the matter first, has achieved the desired result - that is a conference with what I expect will be an agreement to allow Lazarus to recruit from other game created regions.

I used the term appeasement, because it was decided that this conference be held - with the intention of reaching an agreement to recruit appears to only to appease Lazarus and their desire to recruit. As Falapatorious said, feeders do not need to recruit, however, if there is a decision that recruitment should happen in GCRs then I'd expect such a decision to be applied equally allowing all game created regions to recruit from one another.

I'm speaking as McMasterdonia. I'm not going to put disclaimers on every post I write, that is nonsense, and as you know (Funkadelia), I have had no involvement in the conference whatsoever.

This is not appeasement and you know full well what the term implies.

Perhaps you should stop talking matters of TNP policy to me, as you have done multiple times already, and let the actual representatives from your region do the discussion instead. This is not productive at all, and all you are really accomplishing through this is showing us your utter ignorance as to how sinkers work in actuality. Your comparisons between any feeder and any sinker are quite laughable.
Funkadelia

SC#161
SC#182

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:07 am

Pierconium wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:I queried both you and your Officer of Foreign Affairs on IRC. Neither of you responded, presumably because neither of you were available -- hence, you could not be reached for comment.

Oh, I don't feel deprived of anything. The entire slant of your article points to just how 'relevant' The Pacific is in this discussion.

The article is inaccurate in its portrayal of the conference as punitive towards Lazarus. I have not experienced it as being such at all, especially within the context of 'Lazarus is being called to account' before the NPO. That is not what has occurred or what has been discussed.
I am just glad we kept the conference out of Gameplay, as it would have been a confusing mess of confrontationism, rather than a meaningful discussion on recruitment.

Contrary to 'appeasement', Lazarus was required to explain itself and there wasn't a united front on the issue of recruitment, either in Lazarus or in other GCRs.

The discussion also continued on for quite a while, and Lazarus had agreed by the beginning to not unilaterally recruit, and later apologized on the issue of recruitment.

But I doubt that would reach the headlines of some regions that didn't directly participate in it.;)
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:16 am

Guy wrote:

Yep, actually most delegates of GCR's are pretty prompt with telegrams (if not those involved with the conference). If those involved with writing the article had telegrammed any of them that participated in the conference they would have eventually have got an answer.
Last edited by New Rogernomics on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay