NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Lazarus

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:00 pm

The Chairman wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Yes... however I may no longer be King in a few months. -_-

Thank you. You have covered it up in a mocking way and yet do not even deny the behavior expressed in this proposal.

You may very well think that eating babies is a repulsive practice, but it's just a cultural difference.

If anything, your intolerance towards difference in the world is deserving of condemnation.

Who said anything about eating babies? :p

(added)
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

The Chairman
Civil Servant

Founded: May 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Chairman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Nephmir wrote:
The Chairman wrote:You may very well think that eating babies is a repulsive practice, but it's just a cultural difference.

If anything, your intolerance towards difference in the world is deserving of condemnation.

Who said anything about eating babies? :p

(added)

I said something about eating babies.

And my suggestion that I prefer ketchup on my medium-rare toddlers over mustard (not to say that isn't good, too) is no more truthful than this farce of a proposal, which I'd strongly advise abandoning. A seasoned author would face quite the uphill battle passing a condemnation of Lazarus, and you're no seasoned author.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:57 pm

The Chairman wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Who said anything about eating babies? :p

(added)

I said something about eating babies.

And my suggestion that I prefer ketchup on my medium-rare toddlers over mustard (not to say that isn't good, too) is no more truthful than this farce of a proposal, which I'd strongly advise abandoning. A seasoned author would face quite the uphill battle passing a condemnation of Lazarus, and you're no seasoned author.

Precisely the point! The Lazarene Gazette goes out of its way to twist words until they are on the verge of being no longer truthful. This proposal replicates that.

I already stated that I probably wouldn't submit it; however your personal discouragement has made me at least reconsider it.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

The Chairman
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Chairman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Nephmir wrote:
The Chairman wrote:I said something about eating babies.

Precisely the point! The Lazarene Gazette goes out of its way to twist words until they are on the verge of being no longer truthful. This proposal replicates that.

I already stated that I probably wouldn't submit it; however your personal discouragement has made me at least reconsider it.

You shouldn't commend my nation either, because I don't deserve to be commended.

Your spurious claims about the Lazarene Gazette's integrity aside, you don't add to your credibility by admitting that you're fudging the truth.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:15 pm

The Chairman wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Precisely the point! The Lazarene Gazette goes out of its way to twist words until they are on the verge of being no longer truthful. This proposal replicates that.

You shouldn't commend my nation either, because I don't deserve to be commended.

Your spurious claims about the Lazarene Gazette's integrity aside, you don't add to your credibility by admitting that you're fudging the truth.

But I did not alter it so much as to make it untrue. The underlying facts are still valid and hold strong.

Either way, I never originally intended to submit this. This was merely an experiment (thank you for participating). But I shall consider submitting it noneoftheless, just to see how far it gets. Don't ask me to spend 20 dollars on Lazarus campaigning for it though, you all are barely worth my time as it is, let alone my money.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

The Chairman
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Chairman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:17 pm

I'm pleased to have participated in your experiment and hope your scientific revelations will help solve Ebola.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Abandoned; I will work on this in a more civilized place and consider submitting it in the future.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

The Undead Horse
Secretary

Founded: Oct 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Undead Horse » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:37 pm

Nephmir wrote:
The Chairman wrote:You shouldn't commend my nation either, because I don't deserve to be commended.

But I did not alter it so much as to make it untrue. The underlying facts are still valid and hold strong.

Either way, I never originally intended to submit this. This was merely an experiment (thank you for participating). But I shall consider submitting it noneoftheless, just to see how far it gets. Don't ask me to spend 20 dollars on Lazarus campaigning for it though, you all are barely worth my time as it is, let alone my money.

And a Image to you too
Last edited by The Undead Horse on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Chairman
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Chairman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:41 pm

The Undead Horse wrote:
Nephmir wrote:But I did not alter it so much as to make it untrue. The underlying facts are still valid and hold strong.

And a Image to you too

Nephmir's focus on his personal capital and his hesitance to sacrifice his personal wealth for what he believes to be truly for the betterment of mankind is demonstrative of his virulent capitalist roader mindset, and in this way he utterly self-sabotages his proposal/experiment/curry-delivery.

The Undead Horse
Secretary

Founded: Oct 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Undead Horse » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:43 pm

The Chairman wrote:
The Undead Horse wrote:And a Image to you too

Nephmir's focus on his personal capital and his hesitance to sacrifice his personal wealth for what he believes to be truly for the betterment of mankind is demonstrative of his virulent capitalist roader mindset, and in this way he utterly self-sabotages his proposal/experiment/curry-delivery.

Fuck he promised me some of that curry
Neph why would you screw up the curry

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:54 pm

Nephmir wrote:Abandoned; I will work on this in a more civilized place and consider submitting it in the future.

Have fun with that, mate.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:53 am

Nephmir wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:I would just like to note how every one of those examples besides TEK involved a new administration.

Yes... however I may no longer be King in a few months. -_-

This is all too familiar. Think of a new loop.
hue

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:36 pm

Greetings.

I have submitted this proposal and edited the OP accordingly. My original version was much longer, but apparently there is a character limit for WA proposals.

I have bumped this thread before anyone creates a new one. Feel free to debate the proposal. I won't be posting here, so if you have any concerns beyond that of questioning or insulting my mental state or "lol k", feel free to telegram me directly.

Nephmir
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Republic of Minerva
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Minerva » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:48 pm

I fully support the condemnation of these commies.
Retired former military general of Libertatem
Economic Right: 8.38 Social Libertarian: -5.95

Goddess Relief Office
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Goddess Relief Office » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Having seen Laz from afar over the years, I have to say it's at its most active since the region adopted the peoples republic persona. The new RP has given the region an identity and something to distinguish itself from the other feeders and sinkers, and given the community a sense of purpose. Judging purely from an activity stand point, it is not something that deserves condemnation.

That said, I do kind of miss the old green Laz flag and forum. It had a calming feel which I thought was very appropriate for a region dedicated to nations returning from CTE.
Keeper of The World Tree - Yggdrasil
General Assembly:
GA#053 - Epidemic Response Act
GA#163 - Repeal LOTS
GA#223 - Transboundary Water Use Act

Security Council:
SC#030 - Commend 10000 Islands (co-author)
SC#044 - Commend Texas (co-author)
SC#066 - Repeal "Liberate Wonderful Paradise"
SC#108 - Liberate South Pacific
SC#135 - Liberate Anarchy (co-author)
SC#139 - Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"

Former delegate and retired defender
Nice links for easy reference:
Passed WA Resolutions | GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | GA Rules

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:19 pm

This sounds like fun to run a counter campaign against ^-^

EDIT: Just to clarify this is not down to me being a "jerk" but that i feel an entire GCR's community should not be condemned for a few mistakes. I am not a fan of Lazarus and I have a fair few reasons to support this. The denial to the conference, the ongoing drama with Funk and the defender leaning. However i am not always irrational. Lazarus does not deserve a condemnation or commendation - they deserve to exist in peace as a community.
Last edited by Rifty on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:56 am

The Chairman wrote:I'm pleased to have participated in your experiment and hope your scientific revelations will help solve Ebola.

Why did you submit this Nephmir? You haven't solved Ebola yet :(
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:32 pm

Goddess Relief Office wrote:Having seen Laz from afar over the years, I have to say it's at its most active since the region adopted the peoples republic persona. The new RP has given the region an identity and something to distinguish itself from the other feeders and sinkers, and given the community a sense of purpose. Judging purely from an activity stand point, it is not something that deserves condemnation.

That said, I do kind of miss the old green Laz flag and forum. It had a calming feel which I thought was very appropriate for a region dedicated to nations returning from CTE.

I'm not sure if you've noticed that the delegate elect hasn't logged in for 8 days.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Solorni wrote:I'm not sure if you've noticed that the delegate elect hasn't logged in for 8 days.

Given that logging into the NS website isn't necessary to be active in an off-site community, I'm not sure how this is relevant.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:56 pm

This should be condemning the people responsible for the mistakes made in Lazarus, not the entirety of the GCR itself.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:07 pm

This is quite a good joke. I wonder by what margin this will fail? :lol:
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:39 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Solorni wrote:I'm not sure if you've noticed that the delegate elect hasn't logged in for 8 days.

Given that logging into the NS website isn't necessary to be active in an off-site community, I'm not sure how this is relevant.

Given that the person I quoted did not limit activity to an off site community, I not sure you read or comprehended what I was responding to.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Pauline Bonaparte
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Pauline Bonaparte » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:01 pm

When I, lazily sitting in my velvet throne eating croissants, was informed of this proposal I was shocked. Why would the Right Honorable Gentleman from the Eternal Knights submit this condemn before the World Assembly? Has he forgotten that his oldest and most trusted friend, Milograd, resides in this region? I think that if this passes our learned friend Nephmir will never be able to rely on Milo's friendly suggestions again.

Also, I can assure you that I can fit myself and 26 of my good friends into my bedroom when I stay in Lazarus, so that part of your proposal, at least, is flat out untrue.
Last edited by Pauline Bonaparte on Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pauline Bonaparte
Senator, Carcassonne
Co-Founder, Taijitu

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

I honestly can't even understand what this proposal is saying half the time. People give me a hard time for my fun, rhetoric inspired writing sometimes (I've always told people that writing for fun is half the reason I'm here :P ), but this thing is just weird. I was under the impression, also, that gameplay related proposals should at least be, I dunno, true? Like where does all this stuff about "banning public assemblies" or Funk declaring himself "Dictator until further notice" come from?? Please cite those to me, because I'm having a hard time finding them. Also may as well address your claims that we destroy regions and forums and shit (last part... dafuq? PLEASE point out an instance there), since they seem to make up half the proposal, but the only region we can even come close to saying we've 'destroyed' is your own, Nephmir's, and that's because you had the incompetence to appoint someone to be a forum admin 25 minutes after you met them and trust their word when they told you four of your top guys were spies (you also admitted to plans to infiltrate and topple TEP and Balder *wink wink nudge nudge Rach). And frankly, the only one who really 'destroyed' the region in that instance was you; you played the part of a poor leader, and you made the call to try and kick people out. Milograd just gave you the axe to do it with.

On that whole topic, is this maybe just you being bitter after all these months? I think so. The fact that Rifty of all people thinks that condemning Lazarus is irrational should say a lot.
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Kazmr wrote:The fact that Rifty of all people thinks that condemning Lazarus is irrational should say a lot.

Thanks mate - Hoping my cockish reputation is slowly diminishing with my recent choices and actions :hug:
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads