NATION

PASSWORD

[futures] Foe list on replies

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[futures] Foe list on replies

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:34 pm

It would be nice some day in the future if the system was able to block replies which had people on your foe list.

As it stands. There is a certain “rinse and repeat” poster. You block him and it basically has no effect when the amount of people are dragged into his merry-go-round and reply to his posts.

Don’t need a response as I figure this would be a “nice” to have.

Thanks!
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Past beans
Envoy

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Past beans » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:38 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:It would be nice some day in the future if the system was able to block replies which had people on your foe list.

As it stands. There is a certain “rinse and repeat” poster. You block him and it basically has no effect when the amount of people are dragged into his merry-go-round and reply to his posts.

Don’t need a response as I figure this would be a “nice” to have.

Thanks!

YES. FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT.
I’ll make factbooks when I think of shit to write about!

Juansonia
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Juansonia » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:48 pm

At least an auto-spoiler would be nice.
Last edited by Juansonia on Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hatsune Miku > British Imperialism
IC: MT if you ignore some stuff(mostly flavor), stats are not canon. Embassy link.
OOC: Owns and (sometimes) wears a maid outfit, wants to pair it with a FN SCAR-L. He/Him/His
Kernen did nothing wrong.
Space Squid wrote:Each sin should get it's own month.

Right now, Pride gets June, and Greed, Envy, and Gluttony have to share Thanksgiving/Black Friday through Christmas, Sloth gets one day in September, and Lust gets one day in February.

It's not equitable at all
Gandoor wrote:Cliché: A mod making a reply that's full of swearing after someone asks if you're allowed to swear on this site.

It makes me chuckle every time it happens.
Brits mistake Miku for their Anthem

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:23 pm

If you are referring to the new forum, I wonder how that will affect debate on NSG, and also how those on the foe list may be able to bypass the block with puppets and alts.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:27 pm

Minoa wrote:If you are referring to the new forum, I wonder how that will affect debate on NSG, and also how those on the foe list may be able to bypass the block with puppets and alts.

Debate shouldn’t be as much the issue. If a person is foe listed, debate is no longer desired. The person I am thinking; never had anything to offer.

If the puppets/alts are in play, foe list them as well. It’s not perfect and yet it would solve a few “sighs* of accidentally reading nonsense.

As to the other suggestion? Auto-spoiler would work if it’s possible.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Return to Technical